[Dev/Test/Beta] LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin v43 2023 05 06

8 hours ago, jaam said:

new in v35:

new MFG morph functions and Scaleform integration by EgoBallistic.

;    MFG morph function provided by EgoBallistic

;   Apply a MFG Morph to the actor
bool Function MfgMorph(Actor akActor, int morphID, int intensity) native global

;    Set all MFG Morph values to zero on an actor
bool Function MfgResetMorphs(Actor akActor) native global

;    Save an actor's MFG Morph values to an array of float
Float[] Function MfgSaveMorphs(Actor akActor) native global

;    Restore an array of saved MFG morph values to an actor
bool Function MfgRestoreMorphs(Actor akActor, Float[] values) native global

;    Copy the MFG morph values from one actor to another
bool Function MfgCopyMorphs(Actor a0, Actor a1) native global

;    Apply a set of MFG morphs to an actor.  Morph ID morphIDs[x] will be set to values[x]
bool Function MfgApplyMorphSet(Actor akActor, int[] morphIDs, int[] values) native global

Shortcuts often means nothing to me. So for what stands MFG ?

I know the morphing possibilities and the usage in papyrus that the BodyGen dll from looksmenue supports. (There are quite good examples available)

With this very short description only the developer knows the usage, while at the moment I do not know if these new functionality could be useful for my own mod.

1 hour ago, Adetu said:

Shortcuts often means nothing to me. So for what stands MFG ?

I know the morphing possibilities and the usage in papyrus that the BodyGen dll from looksmenue supports. (There are quite good examples available)

With this very short description only the developer knows the usage, while at the moment I do not know if these new functionality could be useful for my own mod.

I couldn't tell you what MFG stands for as an acronym. But, this is for making custom face expressions (open mouth, smiling, closing eyes, etc.).

You can get more information about usage from this guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39584

On 11/3/2019 at 9:41 PM, Adetu said:

new in v35:

new MFG morph functions and Scaleform integration by EgoBallistic.

Very cool @EgoBallistic - I tinkered with doing a F4SE plugin for MFG morph some months ago but stopped working on it after getting tons of weird C++ compilation errors that I could not resolve easily with my limited experience in C++. Great that you were able to make that work ??!

I am assuming these will be lost on reload, so we will need to do some OnPlayerLoadGame magic if we want to use them (and the save/restore functions are for that). Are you planning to make a Fallout 4 plugin to showcase the new functions (e.g. as a "patch plugin" for DD), or is that something somebody else should do?

16 minutes ago, Kharos said:

I am assuming these will be lost on reload, so we will need to do some OnPlayerLoadGame magic if we want to use them (and the save/restore functions are for that).

That is correct.  The morphs get lost when the game is saved/reloaded and when the actor speaks.  As you say, that is why I added the save/restore functions.

Fortunately the morphs work with AnimFaceArchetypes.  The archetype applies its changes to the morphed face, which is pretty cool.  Dagoba_king is adding support to a AAF for different kinds of facial expressions in animations, using both the archetype keywords and the MFG morphs.

16 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Are you planning to make a Fallout 4 plugin to showcase the new functions (e.g. as a "patch plugin" for DD), or is that something somebody else should do?

Already done!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Church the Cat said:

Greetings, friend.

I'm a bit lost. Does installing this mod negate the need to wait for [AAF] to update to the newest Fallout 4 runtime version?

If so, I would also need installation instructions. Do I just toss 'em all in the data folder?

Yup should work just fine if you drop it in the Data folder.

6 minutes ago, Church the Cat said:

Sorry, but I'm still unclear on if I'm supposed to drop all three folders, two folders, one folder, or just the contents of one or more folders into Fallout 4's data folder?

open zip file and drag and drop the two folders into you fallout Data folder or install like a normal mod. if asked to overwrite click yes

1 minute ago, Church the Cat said:

Uh oh, I already installed the contents of all three into the data folder, one of them overwrote twelve files. Is there any easy fix for what my impatience caused, or should I just delete/reinstall Fallout 4? ?

give me a moment I'l check.

3 minutes ago, Church the Cat said:

Uh oh, I already installed the contents of all three into the data folder, one of them overwrote twelve files. Is there any easy fix for what my impatience caused, or should I just delete/reinstall Fallout 4? ?

did you install by drag and drop?

1 minute ago, mashup47 said:

just open the release file and delete all LL_fourplay files.

I originally removed the files from the folder and dropped them into the data folder, they overwrote twelve files that were already there previously. Won't just deleting them cause an issue, since the original twelve files (from before I installed the new twelve files that overwrote them) would still be gone?

1 minute ago, Church the Cat said:

I originally removed the files from the folder and dropped them into the data folder, they overwrote twelve files that were already there previously. Won't just deleting them cause an issue, since the original twelve files (from before I installed the new twelve files that overwrote them) would still be gone?

How many file are there in the release folder?

Just now, Church the Cat said:

Twelve.

image.png.e81bfbd1f911f5314fe5467c4390e313.png

twelve then leave it as it would only ask if they had the same file name. just install the correct file this time and if asked to overwrite click yes. But for the life of me I can't think of a mod that would add them.   It should work ok

8 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

twelve then leave it as it would only ask if they had the same file name. just install the correct file this time and if asked to overwrite click yes. But for the life of me I can't think of a mod that would add them.   It should work ok

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Thanks, for the assistance. (Edit) I just figured out what it overwrote. Debug and Release use the same file names. ?