Sounds like the problem is Win10 or a program semi-frequently used/bundled with it preventing the mod from ever being loaded. The fact even installing it manually and trying different versions fails suggests this,

Win10 has a *lot* of background processes monitoring the user and what they do. I've read several reports about problems with mods with one thread describing a very similar problem here

As for why Abduction is singled out, no idea. Maybe it's something in the esp that some overzealous security feature thinks is dangerous? Or maybe it's the name itself (tried renaming it)? Or maybe some combination and being installed in the "wrong" place like Program Files.

Hello!

I just downloaded and installed Abduction 0.50 for Special Edition but the spell is not showing up, even when restarting a clean save. I also have Flower Girls installed, is Sexlab Lite required for 0.50?

Thanks!

Had this issue too. Seemed to work fine with SL light, but when I uninstalled it and went back to Flower Girls the spell wouldn't show after starting a new game. Had to go back to the Nexus version to use with FG.

What does your papyrus log say? If you're using SnakeTail you can set the "Keyword Highlight" under Edit->View Options to "Abduction" and it'll redline all the abduction specific stuff.

I'll take a look at the SL/FG detection, working on an update anyhow atm so it's good timing

Sounds like the problem is Win10 or a program semi-frequently used/bundled with it preventing the mod from ever being loaded. The fact even installing it manually and trying different versions fails suggests this,

Win10 has a *lot* of background processes monitoring the user and what they do. I've read several reports about problems with mods with one thread describing a very similar problem here

As for why Abduction is singled out, no idea. Maybe it's something in the esp that some overzealous security feature thinks is dangerous? Or maybe it's the name itself (tried renaming it)? Or maybe some combination and being installed in the "wrong" place like Program Files.

So from what I can see, like I said Abduction.esp doesnt install correctly into mod manager. When I open abduction.esp in notpad, its definitely there. My friend says that it might be the mod is looking in the wrong spot? Would you know "where the mod looks for that file." (in his words.)

There are no other files in the mod, Abduction is the main and only esp so as long as it's in the Data folder and the .pex files under Scripts you're good. The uploaded file is already set up with this structure and mod managers generally give a warning if a mod isn't. At least MO2 does anyhow.

There are no other files in the mod, Abduction is the main and only esp so as long as it's in the Data folder and the .pex files under Scripts you're good. The uploaded file is already set up with this structure and mod managers generally give a warning if a mod isn't. At least MO2 does anyhow.

I apologize for causing so many issues. After much troubleshooting, my friend and I figured out the problem. There was no issue with MO, or the mod. Turns out that with abduction you do need to start a new game. I typically am not a fan of this idea when it comes to mods so I didnt think about it. Thank you for helping me none the less.

Abduction does not require starting a new game. Having to set up each test scenario again or wait for the SexLabs animation loader to finish for every codecheck would have made development impossible.

That does not mean it'll work on every "old" game though, there's too many possible mod setups not to mention the whole mess with uninstalled mods baking data into your save permanently to guarantee that.

Looks like this topic is finally taking off.... Hopefully soon it gets figured out and I get to finally use the mod.

Btw, LazyGirl, any chance I could convince you to upgrade to Windows 10 (or dualboot/VM/different PC/etc) and try to get it working on that yourself? I mean, you should have the highest chance of getting it to work

Afraid not, I test by playing and have no plans to switch OS atm. Plus I mainly made this mod to be used as a basic substitute until Defeat is ported which seems more likely than ever now that SKSE64 is out.

While the new version supports SkyUI neither it or SKSE64 should be needed as I added the new functions to the power menu system too. Once the new menu system and SKSE64 looks stable it'll be the only option however.

I know the description and guide haven't been updated for the functions in the latest versions but I hope everything should be self-explanatory enough to figure out.

Looks like none of the script properties get filled. Without them the mod have no hook into the assets it requires to function.

Strange problem. It's the esp that contains the references for these AFAIK and since the game can load it enough to attempt starting up it should be able to access these too.

Reminds me of the issue Deircai reported earlier where the abduction is in some limbo state, detected as installed but yet not. If there's is something intercepting access to the esp it would explain why only parts of it can be loaded.

Looks like none of the script properties get filled. Without them the mod have no hook into the assets it requires to function.

Strange problem. It's the esp that contains the references for these AFAIK and since the game can load it enough to attempt starting up it should be able to access these too.

Reminds me of the issue Deircai reported earlier where the abduction is in some limbo state, detected as installed but yet not. If there's is something intercepting access to the esp it would explain why only parts of it can be loaded.

Weird thing is that the Nexus version 4 isn't starting up now also. I had that working fine other then that issue I reported about the "sex" option not showing up in menu mode. I had this version 5 working for a bit too while testing it out with SexLab lite. Stopped working when I uninstalled that in favor of Flower Girls. Went back to version 4 for a bit - which worked, then back to 5 to try this new version. Both aren't working now.

I played with Abduction SSE - very nice mode :-)

One issue that could be improved:

Performing sex on a naked dead character refreshes his outfit (applies the default one). It also and brings back the head of a decapitated character.

I hope the mod it is being improved.

I played with Abduction SSE - very nice mode :-)

One issue that could be improved:

Performing sex on a naked dead character refreshes his outfit (applies the default one). It also and brings back the head of a decapitated character.

I hope the mod it is being improved.

SexLab blocks dead NPCs but I found a workaround that seems to pass the check. The animations will override the decapitation effect so you'll end up with invisible heads though.

I'm using the SSE version and the sex scenes don't start. The dialog options also don't work for me. It might be that I do something wrong. I have AP/FG/SL light installed and they seem to work. (Tested it with Carnival) but somehow it seems like I'm blocked from playing my part in the scenes. Any Ideas? 

Was wondering what the option is when player is 90 and enemy is 50 in menu for abdunction ?? right now this option seem to not work when an npc goes down i cant use the menu on them the option seem to only work when i change the above to 70 for player and 40 for npc only then will the abduction menu appear. Are these the percentages to really abduct an npc ??

I'm using the SSE version and the sex scenes don't start. The dialog options also don't work for me. It might be that I do something wrong. I have AP/FG/SL light installed and they seem to work. (Tested it with Carnival) but somehow it seems like I'm blocked from playing my part in the scenes. Any Ideas? 

If your character isn't included in Carnival or Abduction scenes it's probably blocked by SL. Make sure to use the spell to register a custom race if you're using one. Should that not be the case enable and check your papyrus log, SL should report there what's (not) happening and why

Was wondering what the option is when player is 90 and enemy is 50 in menu for abdunction ?? right now this option seem to not work when an npc goes down i cant use the menu on them the option seem to only work when i change the above to 70 for player and 40 for npc only then will the abduction menu appear. Are these the percentages to really abduct an npc ??

That's actually correct. The menu shows what the next value will be so when 70 is displayed 90 is the one active. Plan is to change that menu to work like the others and show the current value instead just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Type "player.placeatme 7" in console to create a clone of your character then just cast the spell on it to register the race. Once done click them wiht console open then run "disable" (verify the clone dissappears here, if not you clicked the wrong thing - type "enable" to bring it/them back) and  finally "markfordelete" to tell the game to delete.

As for why the dialogue options don't show there are several possible reasons

SexLab isn't detected as installed - verify in the MCM menu or disable/enable Abduction and see if the confirmation message shows

If it's a NPC in a vulnerable state - Abduction only detects vanilla game states and it's own knockdown effect. Anything added or modified by mods isn't.

The NPCs is blacklisted

The dialogue quest isn't started/working - see earlier posts on how to verify

You're running Win10 and it's blocking the mod from working

Best bet is to check your papyrus log for error reports

Type "player.placeatme 7" in console to create a clone of your character then just cast the spell on it to register the race. Once done click them wiht console open then run "disable" (verify the clone dissappears here, if not you clicked the wrong thing - type "enable" to bring it/them back) and  finally "markfordelete" to tell the game to delete.

As for why the dialogue options don't show there are several possible reasons

SexLab isn't detected as installed - verify in the MCM menu or disable/enable Abduction and see if the confirmation message shows

If it's a NPC in a vulnerable state - Abduction only detects vanilla game states and it's own knockdown effect. Anything added or modified by mods isn't.

The NPCs is blacklisted

The dialogue quest isn't started/working - see earlier posts on how to verify

You're running Win10 and it's blocking the mod from working

Best bet is to check your papyrus log for error reports

Spawning myslf helped. Is Gerdur Blacklisted? (caught her sleeping) Well will do some testing...