Billyy's SLAL Animations (2024-5-1)

Billy knows me and he knows that this is meant fun.  i am not the one who sees dark and bad. i havent posted anything on Psyche, he dont make animations for skyrim for some years.

Billy cant have a delay because  the animations he places here are one or two month old,  published on patreon.  He publishes these animations on LL regularly at the beginning of a new month, if you didnt checked this. Thats what my joke is about and he knows it, probably smiles about it.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:11 AM, shiagwen said:

Billy knows me and he knows that this is meant fun.  i am not the one who sees dark and bad. i havent posted anything on Psyche, he dont make animations for skyrim for some years.

Billy cant have a delay because  the animations he places here are one or two month old,  published on patreon.  He publishes these animations on LL regularly at the beginning of a new month, if you didnt checked this. Thats what my joke is about and he knows it, probably smiles about it.

Ya, I did take it as a playful reminder.

That being said, there are delays this month coincidentally just because I'm in giga crunch mode on my unfinished pixiv/substar update, as I had slacked off (played a game for once) and then got ol Murphy coming to greet me with a bunch of extra fun at end of month. Posting updates can take a probably surprising amount of time, especially when the upload fails repeatedly... It should be out by/on this weekend though...

4 hours ago, Bandit_of_Trash said:

is it possible for foxes to have canine anims?

Not easily afaik. They wouldn't align though anyway because foxes are smol.

1 hour ago, Billyy said:

Not easily afaik. They wouldn't align though anyway because foxes are smol.

They are indeed smol. In my head I was thinking that It would be possible to give foxes the animations that would make sense and now that I think about it foxes could share anims with the rats, I don't know I just want move for the little balls of fur.

Got an issue with SpiderGiant_Doggy where only the human actor is moving, the spider is in its idle animation. Tried:

1. Inspecting related FNIS files, nothing obvious I can see there.
  2. Ran FNIS a 2nd time. No FNIS errors or warnings.
  3. Reset animation registry in SL.

My setup is heavily customized in most regards and so I'm running on old versions of most things, MNC 12.5 and ABC 2.80 for instance. My question is, is it just me, or is this a known issue? I'll fix it myself if its just me, but right now I can't really see any reason why it would be something specific to my setup. No other animations are affected, at least none I've found so far, and I checked quite a few to make sure - especially the other new ones in v7.0SE.

16 hours ago, traison said:

this a known issue?

This happens to me, too....sometimes. Especially if more than one animation starts the same time.

Guess it's related to first stage (known issue, never ending stage sometimes ?). I fix it by going to stage 2. Then it will work for a while until the next set is used by Osmel tweaks.

Edited by Tlam99
4 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

This happens to me, too....sometimes. Especially if more than one animation starts the same time.

Guess it's related to first stage (known issue, never ending stage sometimes ?). I fix it by going to stage 2. Then it will work for a while until the next set is used by Osmel tweaks.

That trick unfortunately doesn't work in this case. I know of this problem as well, and the workaround. All animation stages are gone on this one.

32 minutes ago, traison said:

animation stages

Another hint.

Giant frost spiders have different ID's. (base skyrim and addons).

Madmansgun made a fix in his mods. Maybe you should spawn the different ones and check, if it's not working

for only one of this ID's. Billys might not cover all existings ID's.

Found the issue, sort of. While inspecting the files and folder structure of the Billyy Animations mod I noticed that the frostbitespider folder had no behavior file:

meshes\actors\frostbitespider\behaviors\FNIS_Billyy_CreatureInsects_frostbitespider_Behavior.hkx (missing)

I didn't check to make sure but it appears there may be a slight error in the fomod where this file is sometimes left out. I basically just reinstalled the mod, this time ticking all options in the fomod except for Futa and DD packs. I now got the behavior file and the new doggy animation works. Should be easy to confirm/fix if this is the case.

Quite interesting that FNIS had nothing to say about this.

Edited by traison

Billy i have another question. How do you feel about having 1.300.000 downloads of your animations ?

They are not unique, because most of them download every update, so they are maybe about 100.000 people, fans  who download your updates for skyrim since years.

Surely you say, if you would get 1 dollar from each of them you would feel better....

i have been on patreon for rohzima and anubs for a very short time, ,just one and two months. i dont like this kind of abo running on my bank.

i think it would be better if there would be a  spend button right here, you surely would get much more money than from patreon. We should suggest that to the administration.

( or does it exist already and i have missed it ? )

17 hours ago, gobbersera said:

it was 7.0

Version number shouldn’t matter at all for animations. I already keep the past 2 updates up for buffers to facilitate this modlist-requires-this-version “problem”.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:59 PM, traison said:

Found the issue, sort of. While inspecting the files and folder structure of the Billyy Animations mod I noticed that the frostbitespider folder had no behavior file:

meshes\actors\frostbitespider\behaviors\FNIS_Billyy_CreatureInsects_frostbitespider_Behavior.hkx (missing)

I didn't check to make sure but it appears there may be a slight error in the fomod where this file is sometimes left out. I basically just reinstalled the mod, this time ticking all options in the fomod except for Futa and DD packs. I now got the behavior file and the new doggy animation works. Should be easy to confirm/fix if this is the case.

Quite interesting that FNIS had nothing to say about this.

Hmm, odd. It seems like the spider beheviours and animations are where they should be under insects pack, and isn’t duplicated elsewhere in the fomod… I’ll keep it in mind if something jumps out at me.

11 hours ago, haterslabb said:

Are there any animations for female creatures in this pack?

Mod page lists everything/creature included. There’s spriggans/Atronach Flames on females, but nothing further. As always, it’s a niche I’d like to expand on if I had more time, but it’s generally not high on my list of things to even consider.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:21 PM, shiagwen said:

Billy i have another question. How do you feel about having 1.300.000 downloads of your animations ?

Interesting question. Well, I remember when I noticed it hit 1,000,000 that was kind of cool, but overall don’t have strong feelings towards it. We’re on version 7.0 at this point, so in theory that means I’ve posted 70 updates, and then there are like multiple downloads like currently having the ‘original’ animations in their own packs, and then LE/SE versions etc. So, it seems like it’d be pretty bloated. Always nice to see big number go up though, so you know the community is strong with degens lewding up Todd’s domain.

They are not unique, because most of them download every update, so they are maybe about 100.000 people, fans  who download your updates for skyrim since years.

Surely you say, if you would get 1 dollar from each of them you would feel better....

Haha, that’s the stereotypical thought process, isn’t it? I can tell you if we were dollar-per-download tier there’d be even more Billyy animations encompassing more niches as I’d have quit the day job long ago. If dollar-per-user… idk, I’d have considered it. It’s the meme dream anyway, lol.

i have been on patreon for rohzima and anubs for a very short time, ,just one and two months. i dont like this kind of abo running on my bank.

i think it would be better if there would be a  spend button right here, you surely would get much more money than from patreon. We should suggest that to the administration.

( or does it exist already and i have missed it ? )

Yeah, it’s not for everyone. Nothing wrong with just going in for a month or two though, lots of people do it, and I’m sure we’re all thankful for those who go out of their way to do so. I assume it’s too messy for Loverslab to implement something like that themselves when external alternatives exist.

1 hour ago, Billyy said:

Mod page lists everything/creature included. There’s spriggans/Atronach Flames on females, but nothing further. As always, it’s a niche I’d like to expand on if I had more time, but it’s generally not high on my list of things to even consider.

Ah yeah, I ended up downloading it to try it out based on that, but unfortunately neither of those worked for C x M.  Understandable that it is pretty niche, but I think it's a bit less so with PsBoss's models coming out.  Regardless, thank you for getting back to me, and the wonderful animations!

Edited by haterslabb
1 hour ago, Billyy said:

Hmm, odd. It seems like the spider beheviours and animations are where they should be under insects pack, and isn’t duplicated elsewhere in the fomod… I’ll keep it in mind if something jumps out at me.

Yeah I doubt its the fomod; it seemed fine to me. I just got no other explanation for the missing file. When I initially installed it it did occur to me that there should have been a conflict with the spider behaviour file in the overwrite folder (MO2) as I've been messing around with that in the past. I had a look at the FNIS files and the behavior hkx files in a hex editor (best I can do as I haven't found the proper tools yet) and everything seemed ok.

It was only after I went through it a 2nd time that I noticed there was some animation names that I couldn't find in any behaviour files and that led me to look at the installation archive where I found this *single* file missing. It makes no sense. Never had MO2 leave out a file, and I actually doubt that's what happened as well. So, again, I have no explanation for this at the moment.

The only reason I posted was that I don't know the animation/behaviour file structure, their relations, and just wanted to make sure it was only me having the issue before I blow 2 hours investigating it.