Billyy's SLAL Animations (2024-5-1)

1 hour ago, Billyy said:

Mine doesn't, it does every single time even on the refreshes/stage forward and back. It's totally RNG if it'll align after repeated attempts. I'll often just copy Stage 1 anims over to stage 2 to test because it's that bad.

And ya, I couldn't imagine having to relaunch the game over and over again to test alignments, lol.

Oof.

You said that your install was slow as hell. Could explain why refresh does not work.

Stage forward/back should work 100 %.

- How many animations do You have?

- Many script heavy mods?

- How many mods total?

17 minutes ago, NCK30 said:

But we still lack the furniture use. That's half my stuff... 

Thats inbuilt

If you download the version I posted in that post (which has some bugs that are fixed in my discord build) youll find furniture settings there as well, more in depth than what Furniture Framework offered you. Altough the offsets still need some work

On 9/4/2023 at 5:41 PM, Scrab said:

I recommend following p+ development if that bug is the only major issue you encountered

The next update should be within the next few weeks and should fix that issue

For branching animations. Would all animation stages get registered uniquely with FNIS similar to how it would in sexlab? Also maybe more importantly, is there like an optional final 'outro' stage? I ask as some years back I made a set of like what I refereed to as 'post-sex' animations, which was just a set of various kind of laying together/cuddling animations, but they never fit anywhere. I feel like they aren't always necessarily fitting to end with, but my larger concern was just FNIS bloat. As Billyy, destroyer of animation-limits, I already have a ton of bloat and am reluctant to add more.

Hence my question how FNIS registers them. I feel like it may be outside the scope of what's possible for, but it'd be nice if I could just pick a fitting 'post-sex' scene from an existing list of outro stages and register it to a stage to be optionally played without bloating FNIS more.

4 hours ago, Billyy said:

For branching animations. Would all animation stages get registered uniquely with FNIS similar to how it would in sexlab?

Yes, each .hkx would take up 1 slot in FNIS

In general in regards to animation, I should note that the Havoc engine itself only allows for 32k animations in total. With Ershs OAR, this limit can be increased to 64k although I do not know if that makes the warning in FNIS redundant/misleading

4 hours ago, Billyy said:

Also maybe more importantly, is there like an optional final 'outro' stage? I ask as some years back I made a set of like what I refereed to as 'post-sex' animations, which was just a set of various kind of laying together/cuddling animations, but they never fit anywhere

Well, I dont know what you mean by "fit in"

In default SL, animations have exactly 1 start animation and exactly 1 end animation. This end animation is always also a climax stage

In SLP+, we break up this logic;

While still having 1 singular starting animation, there may now be any number of end animations, you could build a literal binary tree out of your animation, and continuously double the amount of ending animations you got

Another new addition is that climax stages are no longer bound to be at the end of the animation, if you look at the previous page the 1st example, the oral scene, we start there with 3 normal scenes, such as an intro that gets actors into position, a short foreplay to "get going", the actual oral scene and then we branch into 2 orgasm stages: First a facial where for the last bit the taker would stop the BJ and instead finish it with a handjob in front of their face, and second a "swallow" one were we keep the behavior of the previous stage and have the climax happen while still.. well.. "inserted"

Important for you, in default SL this would be assumed the end of the animation, but in SLP+ that was merely another stage, one were the male actor (and only the male actor) would climax - And the example isnt even over yet! There is another stage that both climax stages branch into. In our example, you could think of this like the actor pulling back a little and looking up to the male, while that one gently holds his hands on their cheecks, looping that position to completely end the animation

Is that what you mean by an outro scene?

You will find that the way SLSB works is fairly open in what you can do, I do enforce very little and most of the other things are guidelines and "advices" to keep the dynamic between mod author and animator stable but fundamentally, you can ask me p much anything in regards to how you can build a scene and the answer would be "yes"

The only thing I ask of animators wanting to use SLSB is that they dont overload their scenes (no 30 stages per scene, like Ceo did it) and that they follow a specific theme, i.e. that I as an author can ask for a "loving" scene and dont get a scene that can branch into "asphyxiation", other than that, feel free to try making scenes in the most outlandish way you can think of

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone could help me out with my problem. I tested out this animation pack on a MO2 profile with all mods deactivated (except this one). After some testing, I found that MO2 crashes if I install the [Large Humanoids] and/or [Constructs] Creature packs. I know this isn't an animation limit issue as no other mods are active.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

PS: I haven't actually tested to see if the animations work ingame (I know that I was having some issues with some animations not triggering before, especially with Billy werewolf animations). This test was just me trying to see what was causing MO2 to crash on attempted game start-up.

Edited by Kaiser_Phoenix
On 9/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, Scrab said:

...In our example, you could think of this like the actor pulling back a little and looking up to the male, while that one gently holds his hands on their cheecks, looping that position to completely end the animation ...

Not sure if my awkward question was really hit the mark. Using our example here, what I'm asking is if this outro could be optional in the sense that it could either happen, or the animation ends right there. So it'd be like an 'extra' stage at the end if user wanted it, which in the case that I'm looking for is just a finale generic cuddling in a kind of all the sexing acts are over for whatever scene the user has going. So like in this example, maybe there's another guy waiting his turn and there's no time for that finale loving stare down to happen.

The second part is, again using that example. Say I have 2 BJ animation sets and being lazy or whatever I think the post-BJ stare face stroke could work for both of those those 2 BJ animation sets. If I slap the outro onto the end of those 2 animation sets, have I just increased the FNIS hkx count by 1 or 2? As in is there a way I can reuse hkx through multiple animation sets without needing to like create a copy of it and rename it so it registers with SLAL/Sexlab? As obviously if there's a new hkx copy, that's another fnis entry, but it's still the same animation.

Generally, I think I've followed this and your earlier explanation about branching anims. The simplest implementation is of course as you've mentioned in the BJ example again where you can have a different climax stage for internal/external. I'm not thrilled to need to consider doubling up on climax stages as they're annoying to make (though I guess not all of them need it), but I've long struggled with how to handle external climaxes as they just never felt like the better option. So if using P+ I'd in theory have the ability to support both actions to at least some degree.

I'll admit there's a lot of unlearning I'd need to do. With Skyrim sexlab linear sex sets being my only animation experience I might struggle to think outside the box, lmao. Also won't need to worry about a 30-stage matrix. That sounds tiring..... The brain is working though... Could even have very similar poses/animations be alternatives, but alter hand placements or whatnot, like awkward breast grabbing I like, but rarely do because of Todd-breast syndrome. But if it's an optional stage it could work better as someone with torpedo boobs could simply not use that stage if it doesn't align well..........

15 hours ago, Kaiser_Phoenix said:

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone could help me out with my problem. I tested out this animation pack on a MO2 profile with all mods deactivated (except this one). After some testing, I found that MO2 crashes if I install the [Large Humanoids] and/or [Constructs] Creature packs. I know this isn't an animation limit issue as no other mods are active.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

PS: I haven't actually tested to see if the animations work ingame (I know that I was having some issues with some animations not triggering before, especially with Billy werewolf animations). This test was just me trying to see what was causing MO2 to crash on attempted game start-up.

It seems the issue at heart is neither Skyrim nor this animation pack but rather MO2. Assuming you’re using your terms correctly and appropriately, you shouldn’t have posted this comment in this thread. Create a new LL thread; ask in the MO2 Discord server; ask in the NexusMods forums. 

The cause of your issue could be anything from a corrupted download, a corrupted extraction, or a missing MO2 dependency (ex. vcrun2022 for MO 2.5.0).

3 hours ago, Billyy said:

So it'd be like an 'extra' stage at the end if user wanted it, which in the case that I'm looking for is just a finale generic cuddling in a kind of all the sexing acts are over for whatever scene the user has going. So like in this example, maybe there's another guy waiting his turn and there's no time for that finale loving stare down to happen.

You could in the orgasm stage (or in an idle after) have another branch, one titled as your outro and the other is described as "end animation". The end animation one is a fixed length* stage with a very short duration (something like 1ms), just use the same .hkx files as in the long outro to save on animation spaces, the incredibly short (invalid) fixed length setting will have the scene end immediately which creates the effect you are aiming for, if I understood correctly

*"Fixed Length" is a flag that allows you to give stages a pre defined duration. This can be useful for transition stages, or orgasm stages to have the scene automatically continue to the next stage without user interaction

Say I have 2 BJ animation sets and being lazy or whatever I think the post-BJ stare face stroke could work for both of those those 2 BJ animation sets. If I slap the outro onto the end of those 2 animation sets, have I just increased the FNIS hkx count by 1 or 2? As in is there a way I can reuse hkx through multiple animation sets without needing to like create a copy of it and rename it so it registers with SLAL/Sexlab? As obviously if there's a new hkx copy, that's another fnis entry, but it's still the same animation.

No, you can reuse stages (and hkx files). This here would be a valid animation:

SexLab_Scene_Builder_qrEyzPXep7.png.bb1a463cb9048e797c2bddcc9fe57b63.png

Alternatively if you want to keep the orgasm stages themselves fixed length, then the graph would look like so:

SexLab_Scene_Builder_Kxu4WNPFUS.png.530eb64114febd05f29dcda3108a9e18.png

This does ofc increase the animation file by 1 due to the post orgasm stage, but not that were talking about this, I will say I dont think its necessary for the fixed length stages to only 1 outgoing edge, so I could also remove this and give you the upper option with fixed length orgasms, if you prefer that

Could even have very similar poses/animations be alternatives, but alter hand placements or whatnot, like awkward breast grabbing I like, but rarely do because of Todd-breast syndrome. But if it's an optional stage it could work better as someone with torpedo boobs could simply not use that stage if it doesn't align well..........

What happened to not being able to think outside the box? :)

Im confident that there are many cool new things that can be done with this simplified branching logic and I believe Im not exaggerating when I say youre one of the most talented animators adult modding has to offer, linear animations or not; Im certain you can make some really exciting animations if you give it a shot :)

On 8/29/2023 at 11:45 PM, Billyy said:

The actual game-modding side is actually somewhat my weak point. Spend too much time making the mods to be able to really properly set my game up. Most of the heavy lifting for visuals is done via ENB. Mine specifically is PI-CHO ENB. However it was provided to me by one of my friends whom did a lot of screenshotting and was good at tweaking ENBs for that purpose. The base PI-CHO ENB should do well enough though. Mine probably has higher saturation than the base one based off the nexus page screenshots.

I also more or less just followed STEP guide stuff for all the other enhancements and whatnot. Of course my mods are pretty messy now, but generally it should still use all the sameish mods from STEP.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0

It may also be worth noting that heavy ENBs can tank your framerate if your rig isn't beefy.

Hey man, sorry for the late response, but wow I wasn't expecting too much to install an ENB lol but I'll take my time looking into it slowly when installing. That also makes since that the ENB photos was tweaked for your promotional photos. My rig isnt beasty but it should run the game fine with an ENB. I came from an GTX 1050ti to an RTX 4060ti so I think the upgrade was nice for my creation hobbies but I'd still like to try and see.

Do you recommend any Reshades that seems somewhat close to an good ENB without my framerate dropping in any way shape or form?

23 hours ago, Scrab said:

This does ofc increase the animation file by 1 due to the post orgasm stage, but not that were talking about this, I will say I dont think its necessary for the fixed length stages to only 1 outgoing edge, so I could also remove this and give you the upper option with fixed length orgasms, if you prefer that

Ah, ya. I assumed as much. I'll have to veto on doing at least the end outro I had in mind. I'd be doubling down on hkx files, and I already can't have all animation packs installed at once, so I try to cut the bloat when I can...

Also sexlab would let you have fixed length stages, but I'll admit I intentionally avoided them because I found them annoying from a user perspective. Having stages advanced and then  not be sure which one I was on, or more annoyingly a climax stage ending the scene entirely when I perhaps intended to have another go. Also they're harder to make, lol. I don't enjoy making climax stages, even my plain looping ones. Perhaps something I can try and unhate.

2 hours ago, xMrZwiggyx said:

Hey man, sorry for the late response, but wow I wasn't expecting too much to install an ENB lol but I'll take my time looking into it slowly when installing. That also makes since that the ENB photos was tweaked for your promotional photos. My rig isnt beasty but it should run the game fine with an ENB. I came from an GTX 1050ti to an RTX 4060ti so I think the upgrade was nice for my creation hobbies but I'd still like to try and see.

Do you recommend any Reshades that seems somewhat close to an good ENB without my framerate dropping in any way shape or form?

I'm out of the loop on gpus, but that's probably good enough to not need to hugely worry about enb. Unless you wanted buttery smooth fps. Again, I'm no expert, but I think generally getting a good enb setup going will trump a reshade, but maybe they're less intensive.

8 hours ago, Billyy said:

I'm out of the loop on gpus, but that's probably good enough to not need to hugely worry about enb. Unless you wanted buttery smooth fps. Again, I'm no expert, but I think generally getting a good enb setup going will trump a reshade, but maybe they're less intensive.

Yeah an buttery smooth fps would be great but imma have to test them out when I get the chance, but I totally understand on what your saying dude. Much appreciated for the information though!'

6 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

Run both.

Reshade has functions ENB does not have, like eliminate the banding.

But does that impact script mods? Someone told me awhile back that running both with tamper with my fps and the loading of script mods being delayed with animations/loading screens. I don't know if it does or not, (depending or the rig) but that's why I asked either an ENB or Reshade just to be sure, since I'm totally new to graphical mods like those. I'm aiming for an fantasy type vivid graphics mod that's not too light and dark at the same time in game. I'm using Surreal Lighting at the moment with Noble Skyrim 2k. 

Edited by xMrZwiggyx
10 hours ago, Billyy said:

Also sexlab would let you have fixed length stages, but I'll admit I intentionally avoided them because I found them annoying from a user perspective. Having stages advanced and then  not be sure which one I was on, or more annoyingly a climax stage ending the scene entirely when I perhaps intended to have another go. Also they're harder to make, lol. I don't enjoy making climax stages, even my plain looping ones. Perhaps something I can try and unhate.

I know, the primary difference here is that you can have animations specifically marked as such in the navigation

Consider that stages are "per hkx", I cannot start an animation stored in a singular hkx somewhere in the middle, so at the very elast you need 1 animation for the autro

Im confident you could also combine the "in hkx"-fixed length behavior with the "post scene" one where necessary

I dont see where exactly youd need to double your animation count

11 hours ago, Billyy said:

Ah, ya. I assumed as much. I'll have to veto on doing at least the end outro I had in mind. I'd be doubling down on hkx files, and I already can't have all animation packs installed at once, so I try to cut the bloat when I can...

Then You are like me. I hate Orgasm scenes.

I always just end up making them lower quality than my other 4 stages.

It irritates me that these are the last impression people get.

13 hours ago, Billyy said:

or more annoyingly a climax stage ending the scene entirely when I perhaps intended to have another go

i work around that by making the last stage longer (a build in loop that plays for a extra 700+ frames) or having another stage after the climax.

17 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Oldworld - Do you mean LE? If so, there always is a version for that

Im rly new to skyrim modding. Im -trying- to mod for round about 5 days now and so far i figured out there are 3 versions of the game.

normal skyrim (oldrim, s.o called it like that) with dlc´s everything purchased solo - which is what im using

Skyrim SE - all dlc´s in one and better textures and so on

and LE wich is somehow like a new game (for modders)

i rly hope youll tell me that im wrong and i can use SE versions of mods and that my iusses with SE mods are caused because of sth else.

greetings

Edited by bobyyyyy
1 hour ago, bobyyyyy said:

Im rly new to skyrim modding. Im -trying- to mod for round about 5 days now and so far i figured out there are 3 versions of the game.

normal skyrim (oldrim, s.o called it like that) with dlc´s everything purchased solo - which is what im using

Skyrim SE - all dlc´s in one and better textures and so on

and LE wich is somehow like a new game (for modders)

i rly hope youll tell me that im wrong and i can use SE versions of mods and that my iusses with SE mods are caused because of sth else.

greetings

your slightly wrong there, it is:

32Bit oldrim / LE (the old game with the 3 dlcs installed)

64bit SE

64bit VR

64bit AE (SE but with a updated exe file, basically if you think you have SE then YOU DON'T, the exe in SE was updated to the AE version, so it dose not matter if you bought the AE CC mod pack addon or not, your game is running on the AE exe file)

with 32bit vs 64bit it's the meshes, animation and skse/dll files that are not compatible.

with SE vs VR vs AE it's the skse/dll files that are not compatible.  SE automatically getting updated to use AE's exe but not being called AE is what's causing all the problems.

Edited by MadMansGun
1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

your slightly wrong there, it is:

32Bit oldrim / LE (the old game with the 3 dlcs installed)

64bit SE

64bit VR

64bit AE (SE but with a updated exe file, basically if you think you have SE then YOU DON'T, the exe in SE was updated to the AE version, so it dose not matter if you bought the AE CC mod pack addon or not, your game is running on the AE exe file)

with 32bit vs 64bit it's the meshes, animation and skse/dll files that are not compatible.

with SE vs VR vs AE it's the skse/dll files that are not compatible.  SE automatically getting updated to use AE's exe but not being called AE is what's causing all the problems.

Yeah always though Oldrim was LE, hence my confusion lol