Billyy's SLAL Animations (2024-5-1)

18 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I have run into a little problem with my ported version. Some of the behaviour files from Creatures 3.01 seem to be corrupted. Those from 3.0 work. Have you made any changes on them?

I actually added a tag to all the animations (CF/CCF/CCCF), so I remade all the behaviors. Are some of them not working?

6 minutes ago, Billyy said:

I actually added a tag to all the animations (CF/CCF/CCCF), so I remade all the behaviors. Are some of them not working?

I seems like only the 3.01 pack is affected and not all creatures in that one. I have a T-Pose on the Giants in that pack and some other creatures are affected to but not all of them. After replacing the behaviour files with those of my ported 3.0 version they worked again. What ever you did was not good for porting. And I have to say, that I didn't test the new packs in Oldrim. Fnis didn't make any comments on incompatibilities so I thought it was fine. But I should have tested it a bit more in SE. It must be something that usually does no harm in oldrim. Otherwise there would be some comments about that here, too. 

5 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Affected are: Falmer, giant, goaat, horker, Horse, sabrecat, skeever and werewolf. 

Hmm, I'm not seeing any issues in Oldrim. I guess if 3.0 ones work just use those for now. I'll have to look into when I get around to figuring out porting stuff to SSE.

17 minutes ago, MrHuxley said:

Had to upgrade to the new MNC to get the canine animations to work  (that caused the CH and dwarven anims. to work also) and I have to say great job!

I love how she wraps her legs around the dog/wolf at the end of the canine missionary. 

Oh my god, yes, that is one of my favorite animations. Practically swooned when I first saw it play out.

43 minutes ago, Arcturus7777 said:

when I install all 5 files human furniture overwrites several things in creature furniture including the ESP.  IS this ok, or should I install human first and let creature overwrite? OR should I only install one

Furniture packs share the same animobject files. So the esp, and the nif objects. Now that you point it out, I guess I don't need to include all the objects in both packs... However currently both packs have identical nif objects and esp so doesn't matter if you overwrite or not. I'd say if in doubt overwrite the creature pack with the human one.

6 minutes ago, jonanthan556sas said:

Guys, i need some help.

I can´t trigger 3p animations. I tried use Sexlab MatchMaker and SexLab Enchantress and don´t work at all. Any ideas?

cast the spell on the human/s first, then on the creatures.

10 hours ago, jonanthan556sas said:

Guys, i need some help.

I can´t trigger 3p animations. I tried use Sexlab MatchMaker and SexLab Enchantress and don´t work at all. Any ideas?

Make 100% sure that the version of matchmaker you are using is NOT "Mass Matchmaker".  That mod does not work with the majority of creature group animations.  You need to use the regular matchmaker instead.

The new anim packs look great, except for creature 3.01 which seems to crash my game. Looking at the files I noticed the source for the working ones starts with the line "is_example = False" and 3.01 does not. Also, the meshes/actor/character/animations/billyy_creature does not seem to have a FNIS text file where the others have that file. I don't know jack about modding so I have no idea if that has anything to do with my problems and nobody else seems to be having this issue so I would guess not.

Anyhow, like an idiot, when I installed creature 3.01 I hit delete rather than uninstall so I can't get a working version (3.0) back while I try to figure out what I did wrong. Is there any chance I can get a copy of that last version up temporarily while I go back to fighting the game to actually give me a crash log?

33 minutes ago, highhrothgar said:

The new anim packs look great, except for creature 3.01 which seems to crash my game. Looking at the files I noticed the source for the working ones starts with the line "is_example = False" and 3.01 does not. Also, the meshes/actor/character/animations/billyy_creature does not seem to have a FNIS text file where the others have that file. I don't know jack about modding so I have no idea if that has anything to do with my problems and nobody else seems to be having this issue so I would guess not.

Anyhow, like an idiot, when I installed creature 3.01 I hit delete rather than uninstall so I can't get a working version (3.0) back while I try to figure out what I did wrong. Is there any chance I can get a copy of that last version up temporarily while I go back to fighting the game to actually give me a crash log?

Don’t think the example false thing is an issue, creature2 doesn’t have it either, and it’s probably been that was for a while now. FNIS text file should also be assuming it installed correctly. Couldn’t say exactly why you’re having issues, maybe too many animations installed?

Anyway feel free to try v3.0.

SLAL_Billyy_Creature 3.0.7z

3 hours ago, Billyy said:

Don’t think the example false thing is an issue, creature2 doesn’t have it either, and it’s probably been that was for a while now. FNIS text file should also be assuming it installed correctly. Couldn’t say exactly why you’re having issues, maybe too many animations installed?

Anyway feel free to try v3.0.

SLAL_Billyy_Creature 3.0.7z

Nuts, both versions are now causing a crash and I am below the max animations. Oh well, I'll sort it out eventually. Thanks for linking the old file for me.

57 minutes ago, highhrothgar said:

Nuts, both versions are now causing a crash and I am below the max animations. Oh well, I'll sort it out eventually. Thanks for linking the old file for me.

Crashing due to too many animations is becoming a pretty common issue for people that load a lot of animation mods and SLAL packs.  You could try removing some other less used animation mods/packs from your load order, and possibly install the Crash Fixes mod if you haven't already.  The "max" animations for FNIS is simply a hard limit for the tool itself, the amount where the game breaks may be much lower than that and system/load order dependent.

23 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Crashing due to too many animations is becoming a pretty common issue for people that load a lot of animation mods and SLAL packs.  You could try removing some other less used animation mods/packs from your load order, and possibly install the Crash Fixes mod if you haven't already.  The "max" animations for FNIS is simply a hard limit for the tool itself, the amount where the game breaks may be much lower than that and system/load order dependent.

I am below the max animations and have never had an issue being right at the max fnis animations with normal, xl, or xxl fnis before. I installed crash fix long before SLAL for other issues. Disabling every billyy pack but the creature one did nothing (since I derpleated the prior versions I had to test the new packs one at a time to isolate the issue). I had disabled some animation packs I was not overly fond of beforehand so my total animation count was actually lower than before anyhow. For some reason the creature animations 1 now crashes any save and even a new game. Since Windows 10 unhelpfully created 4 different ini files (thanks to it's horrible cloud storage crap that kept reactivating and saving in new locations till I renamed the program to kill it) I have been unable all year to get crash logs to work or I would search them for the issue. Loot reordering, even with save cleaner, runs a risk of making my saves unusable so I try not to use it unless I had to do a major overhaul of framework mods which tend to need to be in a particular order either way, I had put the new packs back into the order they were in before the update (just to keep certain base ids I had bat files for from changing). That being said, I probably missed something blindingly obvious since that seems to be my luck. I do appreciate the suggestions though.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, Reesewow said:

Lol, so I did finally sort it out. For kicks and giggles, I disabled a few more categories of anims I rarely used and it turns out that with the new billyy packs the total registered animations that I can have without crashing the game actually decreased by close to 100 (I had total animations I have vs what I use written in a text document so I know how many I can reinstall when FNIS gets an extra x in it's xl). I should have been right because of the counts but darned if you weren't right after all. Thanks for the suggestion, you saved me the hell of trying to get those bloody log files to work on my clearly hexed version of windows.

Just announcing I made a Patreon account. A number of people have asked me about donations, so who am I to keep turning them down. Feel free to donate if you want, I’d appreciate it.

There’s no real benefit to donating except I’ll probably post little updates on what I’m working on, but that may change as it evolves. Currently no plans for a paywall early access thing.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, DragonLover271 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do you plan on animating with dragons at some point?

I can’t say for sure. I’d like to make something for them, but they’re ‘equipment’ is far too large to do any traditional penetration with. This of course has to do with the fact they’re so large in general. So that means I’d have to do something creative with it, like a bodyjob or something, but I’m not thrilled about that idea currently.

Now if there were a way to have small dragons, like at 25% scale, that’d be pretty interesting, but I imagine dragons being big is part of their charm for some people, and there probably isn’t a good way to integrate small dragons in-game anyway.

Of course I’ve already worked with a few creatures I wasn’t very interested in doing… So maybe I’ll eventually bite the bullet and try out dragons again.