how to convert .config, data.crc, plugin omod ready files into data files

Daedric_Cat

I'm trying to extract resource files and don't want to use the entire mod.

How do you convert

config

data

data.crc

into normal .esp, meshes, textures, etc files?

I can convert files that are already .omod into normal data files, but when I create an omod from the config, data, data.crc files, it doesn't convert to esp, etc, only back to the omod ready files.

I can't find anything on the internet that works.

Daedric_Cat  I am a bit confused.

Yes if you have a O-mod ready file you have esp, meshes, textures ( maybe in a data folder) ,.... and a config file. And maybe one or more pictures which are shown in the Mod-Manager or during activation ( e.g. a body Mod with Selection options shows you the different bodies)

--------------------

A O-Mod you put in your O-Mod folder ( OBMM or TESMM ) , then start the Modmanager and in the right window you have all O Mods ( activated or not ), you right click the Mod you want and choose "extract to folder",  choose a empty folder.

After that you can delete the O-mod from the O-Mod folder ( If you don't want to use/activate it )

----------------------------

Not sure what unusual mod you have, but if you can create a O-Mod , do it.  Then you can extract it as explained above.

---------------------------------

And if the Mod has a bsa file you copy the bsa in your data folder, start OBMM, click "utilities" and choose "bsa unpacker" (or bsa browser ? )

Choose the bsa you want and extract all in an empty  folder.

After that you can delete the bsa from your data folder.

----------------

And if you have a Mod with an install exe and you don't want to install it, you want only the files, but can not install it to an empty folder ( you get a message "That's not your Oblivion directory" )

You cheat.

Create somewhere folder with the name "Bethesda Softworks"  and inside the folder you create a folder with name "Oblivion"

Inside the Oblivion folder you copy your Oblivion exe from your real Oblivion game folder. And also in the fake Oblivion folder you create a folder with name "data".

Now you can start the Mod install exe and choose your fake Oblivion folder as install path.

I'm not trying to install a mod. I know how to do that with the Oblivion mod manager. Create OMOD from a folder on desktop, activate, etc,

I am trying to extract individual textures from a couple of mods for customization.

But these mods come with only config, data, and data.crc, or plugin files that are ready to be converted to OMOD. But there seems to be no way to extract the individual textures, meshes, esp from them, even if I create an OMOD from them, then extract to folder, or archive. They come back as the config, data.crc, plugin files.

I've successfully extracted mods that came only as full OMOD into the esp, meshes, textures, sounds, so on. But not mods that come only as config, data.crc, etc. I guess that once the original files are converted into OMOD ready, they can't be extracted, or I'm missing something.

As an example this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/30327/?

comes with only config, data, and data.crc files. While it's easy to load it up in the Obilvion Mod Manager as an OMOD, and activate, it never archive or folder extracts into individual textures.

Oh shit, I have not see such a file for years.

That is a O-Mod. ( a O-Mod packed as zip ) not a O-mod ready file.

Rename the file "Mtgr tapestries and rugs-30327.zip" to  "Mtgr tapestries and rugs.omod" ( yes you get a warning, ignore it)

Then put the "Mtgr tapestries and rugs.omod" in your OBMM O-Mod folder.

Then start the Modmanager and in the right window you have all O Mods ( activated or not ), you right click the Mod and choose "extract to folder",  choose a empty folder.

post-3205-0-82917600-1490663531_thumb.jpg

After that you can delete the O-mod from the O-Mod folder, or right click it in the OBMM and choose delete.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/27/2017 at 6:27 AM, fejeena said:

And if you have a Mod with an install exe and you don't want to install it, you want only the files, but can not install it to an empty folder ( you get a message "That's not your Oblivion directory" )

You cheat.

Create somewhere folder with the name "Bethesda Softworks"  and inside the folder you create a folder with name "Oblivion"

Inside the Oblivion folder you copy your Oblivion exe from your real Oblivion game folder. And also in the fake Oblivion folder you create a folder with name "data".

Now you can start the Mod install exe and choose your fake Oblivion folder as install path.

Sorry for the necro, but I managed to get to your solution after all the shit I have to do.

The variation on your solution is to create a dummy Oblivion.exe, then an empty Data directory and a downloaded copy of Oblivion_default.ini, plus a manual/portable install of ObMM. Once done,  launch the mod manager, load and activate the mod you wanted to extract, and all the files come down to the Data directory, ready to go.

OBMM you need if you want to unpack a OMod. Not fake folders needed.

You put the OMod in your OMod folder ( default Oblivion\obmm\mods )

You start OBMM and in the big right window you  right click on the OMod and select "extract to folder"

You extract the OMod in a empty folder.

And if the Mod have  a bsa files ( meshes and textures packed in a bsa file)  you put the bsa file in your game data folder.

Start OBMM and cklick "Utilities"

Then  click "BSA Browser"  in the new window  click "Open" and go to your Oblivion folder and select the bsa you want.

Now you see all the files,  you click the button "Extract All"

And you  select a empty folder and all files from the bsa will be unpacked in that folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

And now; when you need a fake game folder:

But some Mods are not loose folders in zip, rar, 7z,.     and also not a OMod.

There are some Mods with installer, all you have is a  XMod NameX.exe

You can not install it with OBMM. You start the exe and you get a install menu like a game installation.

When you start the exe  you must select your Oblivion install folder....

But you want to unpack and check the Mod before you install it.

If you start the exe and select a empty folder you get a error message and installation stops.

You create a new folder and name it

Bethesda Softworks

in the folder you create a folder with name

Oblivion

In the new Oblivion folder you copy from your real game Oblivion folder the

oblivion.exe

And in the new fake Oblivion folder you create a folder with name

data

--------------------------------------

The new Oblivion Folder:  with Oblivion exe and data folder.

11aa18.jpg

Now you can start the Mod exe and select the new Oblivion folder for the installation.

Archived