Be a showoff! post your Specs!

Guest Bacon

Oh sorry i just formulated my response clumsy. The pizzas has nothing to do with the scores i posted later :P. Search for 3dmark if you never heard of it. It's a benchmarking program for your pc. I compared your graphics card with my new ones, no pizza :)

oow ok i never really use a compare i just except it to work otherwise i give it a kick not like that matters this casing is like from 2007 or something i think it could survive a nuclear war!

I still can't run Metro 2033 on ultra high though :(

Yea i compared to my older brothers PC which is almost the same except for he has a 1,7 GB with high transfer speed for GFX i on the other hand have a better processor

Edit: editted OP with my current INFO and fixed the amount of HDD space i have

Ps: by saying that i feel like some sort of modder...

Guest Bacon

I couldent run metro 2033 on max settings with 2x 5870 so you shouldent be able to :P. I wouldent reccomend hitting your case TO hard. It does no good and you might damage your harddrive.

Haha i know just that iam quite short tempered when it comes to these things!

I went from running metro in minimal setting DX9 to Medium settings DX10 still Skyrim lags a little on high (really wierd i come out way above the requirements and everything is updated to the lastest version EVEN THE MOTHERBOARD BIOS! not that it's annoying you only see it really while walking...

Iam really testing this new processor as i always had to do with 2X2.80 GHz hehe

*takes out whip* CALCULATE CPU CALCULATE!

Haha yea on steam are the needed specs for running on really high

Here:

Processor: Core i7 CPU

Memory: 8GB RAM or higher

Graphics: NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)

DirectX®: DirectX 11

I think i need a new Graphics card hehe

I'm not going to post my specs in fear of being laughed at. But the computer that I'll be getting comes packed with some really good hardware such as the gtx 680, an i-7 processor, etc.

Win7 x64 Pro

AthlonII X4 635

SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium fatal1ty (what a stupid name)

Logitech Z-5300 (560 unstoppable watts of 5.1 glory!)

16GB DDR3

4x 2.5" 500GB (RAID-10, 1TB usable)

1x 2TB external

1x GeForce GTX 560Ti (1GB)

1x GeForce GT240 (PCI)

2x ViewSonic VA2331wm (22", 1920x1080) @ GTX

(*)2x ViewSonic VX1940w (19", 1680x1050) @ GT240

(*)1 currently disconnected pending new mounting arms. Argh.

All of that is basically irrelevant. There's just one important thing in the whole system.. the Lenovo SK-8815 keyboard. Programmer for a living since the mid 90s, I've tried just about every keyboard there is. Aside from one particularly nice Sun SPARC keyboard, this is the best I've ever used. Try to convince me to switch to some 'pimp' retro-new-fangled buckling spring job, and I'll regale you with stories of how gleefully we smashed those noisy, tiresome Model Ms into brick walls when dome switch keyboards finally got *good*.

:D

I'm not going to post my specs in fear of being laughed at. But the computer that I'll be getting comes packed with some really good hardware such as the gtx 680' date=' an i-7 processor, etc.

[/quote']

In a year or two my hardware will become obsolete as well, lol

Guest Lady Luck

I'm not going to post my specs in fear of being laughed at. But the computer that I'll be getting comes packed with some really good hardware such as the gtx 680' date=' an i-7 processor, etc.

[/quote']

In a year or two my hardware will become obsolete as well, lol

@nano

doesn't matter hardware is obselete or not if u know overclock and custom built ur case u still got respect because that's how i upgrade my computer from shitty ass AMD pc to ultimate Gaming rig i built shit from scratch so no point seeing an old machine as obsolete computer however doesn't know meaning of that word , on the other hand console is...

right now im building another AMD to intel processor because idk i dislikes how amd perfomance is just that and crash frequently so right now my other pc is fine ,is just the old bugger that were collecting dust for like 6 years im still using it and now re improving the rig to have a fresh look.

@Mad god

if you planning to get i7 Rig makesure it's custom built too , factory shipped setting sucks u cant do much on it.

i7-920 4 Cores, 8 Threads at 2.67Ghz

10GBs RAM

Nvidia GTX 560 1Gb VRAM

All ASUS, all the time.

I install my games to a 1TB HDD, but use mklink to move "active" games (that could benefit from it) to my 120GB SSD.

I upgraded to the 560 due to the price point, but also under the dumbass assumption it might help SWTOR not run like crap. Was funny to see a game that looks no better then Jedi Academy use up maybe 50% of my total PC resources and still drop frames like they're on fire. Meanwhile, Skyrim will eat up as much VRAM as you can spare. I'm actually considering an upgrade to a GTX 670 once the ASUS models drop under $400.

Man.... I remember when UT98 would run at 100+FPS (what's V-Sync?) and still only use maybe 32MBs of my VooDoo5's VRAM. Hardware has come a long way.

I install my games to a 1TB HDD' date=' but use mkink to move "active" games (that could benefit from it) to my 120GB SSD.

[/quote']

That's something i was planning too :P only that i just spend most of my money for a long needed upgrade of proccesor (and motherboard ofcourse)

That's something i was planning too :P only that i just spend most of my money for a long needed upgrade of proccesor (and motherboard ofcourse)

My "upgrade" was neccesitated by my old HDD throwing bad sectors. But I haven't looked back. Load times on everything seem to be 50% faster. Don't go cheap on them either. My Intel was just over $200, but well worth the extra cost based upon the reviews.

Just make sure to enable AHCI before you install your OS, unless you want to edit your registry. Also, disable auto-defragging of the drive (never defrag an SSD) and enable trim. Guides are easy to find and Windows 7 does a good job of automatically configuring an SSD for the best performance.

One problem people bring up is that, after disabling superfetch and all that jazz, your HDD may lose performance on high throughput games/applications. I correct this by just not running anything like that on my HDD.

Guest strike105x

Well my PC ain't show off worthy so i'll resort to the presentation being such:

xEWgT.jpg

Order is as follow:

CPU (with overclock)/MB

GPU

RAM

HDD

PSU

Monitor

I'm planning on getting an SSD soon.

• 1 month later...

wow... I think I have the lowest performance in here ay??:s

You may have to compete for that with me :D

Core2Quad Q8400 (4x2.6GHz)

Asus P5K-E motherboard

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

GeForce GTS 450 1GB

WD Caviar hardrive, dont' remember exactly what, not SSD, only 250GB. (and an external 750GB harddrive).

Getting old, but i'm holding off upgarding until the new consoles are released, that way i know what to get as the primary components for the next generation of half-assed console ports :rolleyes:

Great thread! Everyone has amazing systems, here's mine:

CASE: Thermaltake Level 10GT Full Tower Wide Body Gaming Case

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 2600K Quad Core 3.4GHz 8MB cache LGA1155 + HD (OC'ed at 4.7GHz)

FAN: PROLIMATCH MEGAHALEMS Rev. B Gaming CPU Fan with 6 direct heatpipes, can run ultra quiet in passive mode with high performance

HDD: 60 GB Corsair Force Series 3 SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk

HDD2: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive

MEMORY: 8GB (2x4GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P8Z68-V Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ BT GO! LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts Power Supplies (Corsair 850 Watts CMPSU-850HX Modular Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready)

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 1536MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Power by NVIDIA) Going to go SLI soon.

My "upgrade" was neccesitated by my old HDD throwing bad sectors. But I haven't looked back. Load times on everything seem to be 50% faster. Don't go cheap on them either. My Intel was just over $200' date=' but well worth the extra cost based upon the reviews.

Just make sure to enable AHCI before you install your OS, unless you want to edit your registry. Also, disable auto-defragging of the drive (never defrag an SSD) and enable trim. Guides are easy to find and Windows 7 does a good job of automatically configuring an SSD for the best performance.

One problem people bring up is that, after disabling superfetch and all that jazz, your HDD may lose performance on high throughput games/applications. I correct this by just not running anything like that on my HDD.

[/quote']

Quite late on that had AHCI on raged and wiped my HDD 3 times the upgrade was btw 3 months ago or so also my Motherboard had some inferior BIOS version so the proccesor wan't support yet THANKS AMD!

Asked my brother over with his Proccessor which did work so i could update the BIOS myself!