Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

Equipable penis for females.

This is more modding resource than a proper mod. What I did is added penis bones to base female model (SK_human_female) as it is used in animations, without penis bones the mesh just stretches into infinity, then added penis bones to female lowerbody and attached male penis. The gap between lowerbody and penis is filled with stretched vertices from penis mesh. I know the final mesh is bad, but I lack skill and time to perfect it. The mesh is replacing item 52044 (some boots unused in game, that will be removed later probably). Right now the game can't see the assets inside of .pak file (path to armor skeletal meshes is set in EquipmentVariation table and that path is different in Devkit and ingame. Only God knows where game unpacks those .pak files).

You can craft it by recipe (unlockable at level 1 and and costing 1 point). It gives like 10 armor and costs 3 bones and a chunk of exotic meat to craft. 1 chunk of exotic to repair. The penis uses female_head_07 textures, because male body textures on it just look horrific without pubic hair. And there are issues with it (penis "detaching" when you jump or crouch. Mostly because female animations were created without penis bones in mind xD.. I adjusted some of the basic animations, but crouch and jump are animated by BlendSpace, which I yet have to learn to use). But before we mess with animations it needs a better mesh and maybe a proper texture. If anyone can do it, it would be great. I included already rigged meshes with export ready bone hierarchy inside the source files (maya binary and fbx). Also, there is active mod folder in source, you can just put it into your devkit and edit everything. You can do with it whatever you like, just don't be an idiot and upload it to Steam (sure they won't like it very much, as it overrides nudity settings).

I won't be updating this mod in near future (my vacation finishes on monday and I want to finish armors first), so if anyone wants to take over this mod they are most welcome.

P.S. BAD ENTRY is just an icon I used for the item.

Equipable_penis.7z

Hooray, devkit is updated. But what's this? (Not enough disk space, the actualization requires 71 GB on top of 67 GB already used by devkit). Youfokkinwotm8? Delta patching has been around for like 15 years..

P.S. They standardized bones hierarchy for all skeletal meshes (that means all female meshes, armors included, now have penis and balls bones by default, which is a good thing). Also, they changed geometry of some of the body parts in armor skeletal meshes, mostly around the edges. Guess they are too trying to fix seams generated by fbx export/import. So far it's like they are trying to make adult modding as easy as possible xD

Hooray, devkit is updated. But what's this? (Not enough disk space, the actualization requires 71 GB on top of 67 GB already used by devkit). Youfokkinwotm8? Delta patching has been around for like 15 years..

I nearly fried my harddisk with the same problem, it ruins the motor, makes alot bad sector with disk write error.......

I guess it was because it wants to copy a whole new engine next to the setup route, after the install just delete the old folder and rename the new one to make sure everything arn't corrupt while a bad install.

Hey Chekist when you get you're devkit working again you gonna work on a female model with an actual vagoo?

Vagina is pure texture work. I've never done texturing in my life, so I doubt I can make a good texture with proper vagina... I hope someone else will have some experience and skill to do that though, importing/exporting textures is relatively easy process.

Speaking of texture work, i'm surprised there haven't been any HQ detail skin mods yet. I'd have thought that would be one of the easier types of mods to implement and also in some of the highest demand. The lack of the detail on the bits and boobs is getting a bit boring.

Nice progress Chekist :D

Question about the editing, is it possible to scale or adjust the bone position? Maybe that way the original mesh can be left alone and just moved into a better position. That or scaling the bone up to XL size would be enough to cover the gap between the meshes. Also, if I could get a hold of the genitals texture and the female body texture, I could easily adjust some tones to make it match better.

Nice progress Chekist :D

Question about the editing, is it possible to scale or adjust the bone position? Maybe that way the original mesh can be left alone and just moved into a better position. That or scaling the bone up to XL size would be enough to cover the gap between the meshes. Also, if I could get a hold of the genitals texture and the female body texture, I could easily adjust some tones to make it match better.

There is only one skeleton for both male and female... If you transform (move) penis bones it will fuck up male animations, and probably male lowerbody. As I see it there are two ways: one to create a specific female skeleton with penis bones, then to update all of the female meshes to use it, then modify female animation blueprint to use new skeleton, manually adjust each animation (if needed). Or the other way - is to create a new mesh that would work without adjusting animations and additional skeleton..

The skeleton in armor skeletal meshes (which what equipable penis is) is not used for actual model rendering. The skeleton inside characters/meshes/SK_human_female/SK_human_male is used for that. And just SK_human_skeleton is used for animations.

Uploaded textures if anyone wants to give a try editing them:

https://www.mediafire.com/?5j53t8t11lce2cq

P.S. Did anyone try cooking a mod with updated devkit? I got BSD twice after 10 minutes cooking or so... :/

P.P.S. Yeah.. New devkit is a nightmare, it takes twice as long to load stuff and it there are people reporting endless cooking (5+ hours), crashes and BSDs. I guess updating armors mod will have to wait ;(

Speaking of texture work, i'm surprised there haven't been any HQ detail skin mods yet. I'd have thought that would be one of the easier types of mods to implement and also in some of the highest demand. The lack of the detail on the bits and boobs is getting a bit boring.

Agreed I am also shocked to see a HQ skin texture has not shown up yet.... 

Also any people savvy in texture making looking into making better textures for a vagoo and other thing?

scrn_002.jpg

Ok, looks like this time it's Epic fault.. They distributed devkit with corrupted cache file and now when you cook mod it recompiles the entire game, maxing out your CPU and eating up to 12GB RAM (or even more, 12 is the highest Ive seen UE editor using). So yeah, if you have a weak CPU and less than 32GB ram better do not even try to cook mods. i7-6700K with 16GB just gets bsod (runs out of memory) after 10-20 minutes. Tried cooking on i7-5930K (hexacore @4.4GHz) and it's been cooking for over 3 hours now, dunno if it will ever finish.

So yeah, don't try to cook mods unless you want to spend an entire day with your computer maxed out and slowed down to a crawl (if not hanging up because it ran out of memory). Epic will fix this on monday probably.

They are aware of that, right?(the bug)

Yeah, funcom dev said on discord that they have already contacted Epic about it this morning, but we will probably have to wait until monday. Apparently in Epic noone works on weekends xD

http://patch.funcom.com/exiles/Compressed.ddp (16GB) this is the replacement for the corrupt cache file. It should be located in devkit/ConanExilesEditor/Games/ConanSandbox/DerivedDataCache

At least at Funcom someone works on weekends xD

Oh yeah A 16GB  small patch......

So if i dl that it will work?I mean, the 16 patch will work as a full update of the devkit? (guess not)

Also screen of the latest armor :

cnn06.jpg

Nope. you will still need to update the modkit and then apply a 16GB "patch". The alternative is to wait until monday and download a 3 or 4 GB patch (that will still require 70GB of free space for some reason).

Oh yeah A 16GB  small patch......

So if i dl that it will work?I mean, the 16 patch will work as a full update of the devkit? (guess not)

Also screen of the latest armor :

cnn06.jpg

So I noticed this quite a bit in this game. What's with things being blurry? Like her face. Is it an engine thing or a shader? Or what? It's kind of annoying.

Something Id like to ask tho

Does folder placement matter for a mod?

I mean, do I need to copy the same folder location if I modify a file, or just put it inside the mod folder and the devkit will work with it?

You need to place files in your mod folder only when you are creating something new. The folder structure doesn't matter as you are the one defining the paths..when you move a file, I think all links are automatically updated (except for entries in datatables that use direct path, for example paths to a SkeletalMesh inside EquipmentVariation table, those are stored as strings and you need to modify them manually everytime that you change path).

THEM HIDE EMOTES

Tactical hiding action

Hide_Emote.gif?version=aea05ea73f4ed3e7f

LOL!? Is the actual hide emote or is it just a bug?

The animation name is 'A_undead_spawn'. It starts with the actor underground and ends when the actor is above ground. It's not a hiding animation. Not even an emote.

Archived