Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

I guess there is no real modding community for Conan Exiles... We have the devkit but still no one is working on animations. Kinda lame.

UE4 its not that easy to work..Even an armor mod its not that simple

Anyway I made a small config mod Resp_mod.rar

It should balance the spawn of all human npcs to 50/50 male/female. (Many thralls had 75% male rate, so it should reduce the dick dingles)

I guess there is no real modding community for Conan Exiles... We have the devkit but still no one is working on animations. Kinda lame.

Anyway I made a small config mod attachicon.gifResp_mod.rar

It should balance the spawn of all human npcs to 50/50 male/female. (Many thralls had 75% male rate, so it should reduce the dick dingles)

Isn't there a mod, where the males will spawn more often? Like 90% or so? 

Anyway I made a small config mod attachicon.gifResp_mod.rar

That is kinda neat to know what the spawn ratio was for m/f thralls.

Im starting to think the mod its not working as it should be.. if anyone knows about spawn tables

ex:

"Name": "Black_Hand_Cook_1_Hyborian",
        "Name": "NSLOCTEXT(\"\", \"EC5D38D54E36E7752C5FDCAA12FC92A0\", \"Hyborian Cook I\")",
        "MaleRaceTemplate": "(RaceTemplate=\"Race_HyborianMale\",Weight=75.000000)",                <---this should control the spawn frequency, right?
        "FemaleRaceTemplate": "(RaceTemplate=\"Race_HyborianFemale\",Weight=25.000000)",
        "EquipmentTemplates": [
            "BlackHand_Armor_Cook_Low",
            "Generic_Weapon_Cook"
        ],

Any help about what im missing is appreciated.

Source file:

Resp_modSF.rar

Fukken Unreal mates. Can anyone help me with this problem?

- Could not read build version - Creating makefile for hot reloading (no existing makefile)

- ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to instance of object.

- at UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateTargetRules(String TargetName,TargetInfo Target, Boolean binEditorRecompile, FileReference& TargetFileName)

- at UnrealBuildTool.RulesAssembly.CreateTargetRules(String TargetName,TargetInfo Target, Boolean binEditorRecompile, FileReference& TargetFileName)

-at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.CrateTarget(TargetDescriptor Desc)

- at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(Strong[], Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile)

- Could not read build version - Creating makefile for hot reloading (no existing makefile)

- ERROR: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to instance of object.

- at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(Strong[], Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile)

No idea what might've caused that.. Try posting errorlog to ue4 answerhub or gamedev.stackexchange.com

Im starting to think the mod its not working as it should be.. if anyone knows about spawn tables

ex:

"Name": "Black_Hand_Cook_1_Hyborian",

"Name": "NSLOCTEXT(\"\", \"EC5D38D54E36E7752C5FDCAA12FC92A0\", \"Hyborian Cook I\")",

"MaleRaceTemplate": "(RaceTemplate=\"Race_HyborianMale\",Weight=75.000000)",                <---this should control the spawn frequency, right?

"FemaleRaceTemplate": "(RaceTemplate=\"Race_HyborianFemale\",Weight=25.000000)",

"EquipmentTemplates": [

"BlackHand_Armor_Cook_Low",

"Generic_Weapon_Cook"

],

Any help about what im missing is appreciated.

Source file:

attachicon.gifResp_modSF.rar

Yeah, that should control the chance of pulling an entry from template list. You might want to check or recompile NPCTerritorySpawner class..

No idea what might've caused that.. Try posting errorlog to ue4 answerhub or gamedev.stackexchange.com

Alright, I'll try over there. Though Unreal Answers seems to take days to answer anything.

Alright, I'll try over there. Though Unreal Answers seems to take days to answer anything.

Are you trying to use the Testmod as mod name? or create a new mod?

I had a problem with cooking and it was the folder naming...

Doesnt the armor files just override the body anyway?

ue4vis2.png

The upper body underwear is linked to the preview body, but the armors have no link to body, only to the base skeleton I guess..

Also weapons are referenced into thr ItemTable file, armors too, but there is no direct reference to them

They have  a BPGameItemArmor  blueprint

I already found where the game assigns slots for equipping armor, its in EquipmentVariationTable. Testing invisible helmets mod right now..

Extra bodyparts could be useful for stuff like futa/strapons, pregnancy bodies, tails, wings... you name it :) so it's good to know where we can attach them to the blueprints

I would certainly be interested in seeing Strap-ons added to this game in a mod myself.

Has anyone looked at adding new gods for worship complete with altars and the like (perhaps not avatars, but the other items on altar)? As my server was thinking of having Derketo added to the game.

Also we are hoping someone can find a way to add in Roman style baths/bathhouses. Thoughts?

Right now you can make a "bathhouse" by building underwater.Then placing benches.

Has anyone looked at adding new gods for worship complete with altars and the like (perhaps not avatars, but the other items on altar)? As my server was thinking of having Derketo added to the game.

Also we are hoping someone can find a way to add in Roman style baths/bathhouses. Thoughts?

Right now you can make a "bathhouse" by building underwater.Then placing benches.

Yeah but when your building in a location with out any water deep enough that isn't a possibility.

The RP server I'm on my clan is building along the side of a cliff, as it is one of the few locations with a good supply of the right resources for the mid and end tier crafting right immediately around us. The numerous other clans have taken up any other good locations for RP with things such as deep enough water for that sort of construction in the area. I'd build further south back near the Starting location, but we have to limit how many "bases" we build and own due to admin rules. With how much the player construction has gotten out of hand causing lag on the server, and blocking important areas and such.

Yeah but when your building in a location with out any water deep enough that isn't a possibility.

The RP server I'm on my clan is building along the side of a cliff, as it is one of the few locations with a good supply of the right resources for the mid and end tier crafting right immediately around us. The numerous other clans have taken up any other good locations for RP with things such as deep enough water for that sort of construction in the area. I'd build further south back near the Starting location, but we have to limit how many "bases" we build and own due to admin rules. With how much the player construction has gotten out of hand causing lag on the server, and blocking important areas and such.

What RP server do you play on? Sounds like you are on The Black Lodge server...

As far as bathhouses I would put that in the steam discussions to be able to "Transport" Water from your well or a lake into a "Ceramic tub" to make such a thing as it is a neat idea and sure they will take it into consideration.

What RP server do you play on? Sounds like you are on The Black Lodge server...

As far as bathhouses I would put that in the steam discussions to be able to "Transport" Water from your well or a lake into a "Ceramic tub" to make such a thing as it is a neat idea and sure they will take it into consideration.

I'm not really talking ceramic tubs and such I mean an actual open and large Bath House in roman style such as this:

bath.jpg

Also no I'm not on that server, I am on one of the servers from the Conan Exiles Roleplayer Community site though.

The more I learn blueprint system more I start to dislike it... Sometimes it's very hard to see how blueprints communicate with eachother, what blueprint inherits what. And it doesn't help that we can't edit or even see 45 blueprints. such as Conan Player Controller. For example, I'm trying to put a simple blueprint: Game starts->Listen to input from player->When 'O' is pressed, Rotate 3 bones on Z axis. Easy, right? Wrong.. For starters Event BeginPlay never fires nor any other events (EveryTick, etc), Input from player is disabled (some of the upper blueprint classes blocking it or consuming?) thus I can't even test if function SetBoneRotation works. Do I need to parent my blueprint to something else than Actor to enable player input? How else can I fire an event to test if a function works? (ActorBeginOverlap doesn't work either).

P.S. graph if someone wants to check that blueprint out: https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/alsx08en/

New patch is up, and with it this:

Visual improvements to female heads and hair

Anyone noticed a difference?

Also, I guess my fem spawn is working, had many female warrior/archer spawns

New version here: Resp_mod2.rar

Chekist: Does the attack animations follow the same process?

All I know is this guy made animations for Ark so... guess he knows something https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506221645

Installation: steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods activate in game, restart.

It makes all Thrall classes (tanner, warrior, dancer, etc) spawn 50/50  as male/female.

This for instance:

co5.jpg

Similar, but like I said I'm looking for something that can be placed in locations where you don't have water deep enough to build like that.

How ever I was thinking given Derketo is Goddess of Lust, and has rituals dealing with a lot of kinky sex acts. Adding in this deity to the religion system could get very kinky.

New patch is up, and with it this:

Visual improvements to female heads and hair

Anyone noticed a difference?

Also, I guess my fem spawn is working, had many female warrior/archer spawns

New version here: attachicon.gifResp_mod2.rar

All I know is this guy made animations for Ark so... guess he knows something https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506221645

Installation: steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods activate in game, restart.

It makes all Thrall classes (tanner, warrior, dancer, etc) spawn 50/50  as male/female.

Can you please make one with 100% male spawn rate? Instead of 50/50? 

No, but what I am trying to do isn't an animation, just an erected penis for player toggleable by key. It should be possible in UE, there are a lot of documents and tutorials on Unreal Engine 4 that show you how to make a bone rotate. The problem is, like a half stuff related to blueprints shown in those tuturials or official documentation doesn't work in Conan dev kit.

Posted graph both on steam discussions and discord modding community where the devs are present, so far no responses other than "it should work". Devs are kinda ignoring it (and I didn't even get to the rotate penis bones part yet xD) The question was why "on Key Press event isn't working in Conan dev kit".

On the good side, I was able to isolate seams problem. It's smoothining groups. There will be hard edges on the mesh if the smoothing groups doesn't match. The problem is fbx export from the game seems to export mesh without smoothing groups (it also exports only one material attached to the mesh, and it's M_legacy_conan. All other materials in game are children of M_legacy_conan, but you can't export them to fbx with a mesh). So I guess, to make everything perfect we need to start with a body replacer, then rework all the body and armor meshes in game.

No, but what I am trying to do isn't an animation, just an erected penis for player toggleable by key. It should be possible in UE, there are a lot of documents and tutorials on Unreal Engine 4 that show you how to make a bone rotate. The problem is, like a half stuff related to blueprints shown in those tuturials or official documentation doesn't work in Conan dev kit.

Posted graph both on steam discussions and discord modding community where the devs are present, so far no responses other than "it should work". Devs are kinda ignoring it (and I didn't even get to the rotate penis bones part yet xD) The question was why "on Key Press event isn't working in Conan dev kit".

On the good side, I was able to isolate seams problem. It's smoothining groups. There will be hard edges on the mesh if the smoothing groups doesn't match. The problem is fbx export from the game seems to export mesh without smoothing groups (it also exports only one material attached to the mesh, and it's M_legacy_conan. All other materials in game are children of M_legacy_conan, but you can't export them to fbx with a mesh). So I guess, to make everything perfect we need to start with a body replacer, then rework all the body and armor meshes in game.

Nice, Even so Imo id necklaces hiding the seams are not a problem.Even the seams themselves...many games have it, not a big deal.

You may also ponder if the modkit itself its not 100% funcional, maybe they used the full UE or their own tools.

Also with the latest patch they changed the female heads/hair, anyone noticed a difference?

This for instance:

co5.jpg

Similar, but like I said I'm looking for something that can be placed in locations where you don't have water deep enough to build like that.

How ever I was thinking given Derketo is Goddess of Lust, and has rituals dealing with a lot of kinky sex acts. Adding in this deity to the religion system could get very kinky.

My guess is that Derketo will use the castration system somehow?

Who knows how crazy it could get...

derketo2056372.png

Archived