Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

I am planning to create a "immersive digestive+waste disposial mod", which is for pee and pooping debuff effects.

I a still trying on how to implant them to each player......

Oh god this mod is either gonna be great or it will be the bane of peoples existence....

I don't have skill for that, so it maybe not even able to bee release at all...

until I figure what button to make the game get player statues base on actionsm there would not able to make any progress.

What I want to do, is create a mod that detect player eat or drink something, and then store it in a new array to wait another event to process them.(I know there is a water/food level, but what I want is getting detection on the action itself, not the final outcome variables...)

The array will suppose to do three things: vomit when eat/drinks too much, store pee and poop data, and each item player eat and drinks.(Still making the array, having some process, still finding a way to make it to be one per player not the whole game share the same data.)

And then when pee or poop level is too high people will get uncomfortable and cause noice, which will be detect by enemies(which I have already figured out how to do that.)

Player can have actions to create sheltered toilets, or do it the tradition way of crouch on the ground and dump stuff(which is currently working on which event is detection of crouching, or else I wll have to force play build a hay pile to dump stuffs in.....)

So other then skimpy armor is anyone know if there is Sex animations being worked on yet also for you modelers out there might wanna look into some things.

1. Getting rid of body hair for female models like the armpit hair on the females.....

2. Having the males being able to have circumcised dicks.

3. The ability to have more options on your character like multiple scars some face paint or body paint.

And for a large mod that would take time but would be kinda cool to have.

Pregnancy Mod- The idea behind this is that female characters (NPC and PC if it could work?) Could have a random chance of becoming pregnant after having sex which in turn can make the female give birth to a random thrall type to be added to you're base. I think this would be a pretty cool way to make a new way for thralls to be gotten also could open the door to mods such as a rape mod for RP purposes also you could in turn make a mod for thralls to be used as standing armies to march out for attacks. I see mods making the RP potential in this game go beyond what anyone expected for RP and could actually make one of the greatest Role Playing mediums for a game since City of Heroes...

Let me know what you guys think of the mod idea I listed and maybe if a modeler out there can do something about female armpit hair -_-.

I like the ideas, but to take it further it would be nice if we could get more options such as shaved female body, or trimmed. Oily female body and so on.

What I would also love to see if it is even possible is some sort of wet and dirty effects on the player, but then again I do not know if this last one even possible in this game.

Shaved and oiled texture is up on workshop :P

Got a HD, now to wait for the toolkit download...

Thank you for the information, however how do you activated mods in game? I am playing single player and subscribed to the mods from workshop, have selected it from my mods menu but do not see its effect in game. What am I doing wrong :(

Edit: Found the problem, you have to restart the game after activating mods from your mods menu. :D

So other then skimpy armor is anyone know if there is Sex animations being worked on yet also for you modelers out there might wanna look into some things.

1. Getting rid of body hair for female models like the armpit hair on the females.....

2. Having the males being able to have circumcised dicks.

3. The ability to have more options on your character like multiple scars some face paint or body paint.

And for a large mod that would take time but would be kinda cool to have.

Pregnancy Mod- The idea behind this is that female characters (NPC and PC if it could work?) Could have a random chance of becoming pregnant after having sex which in turn can make the female give birth to a random thrall type to be added to you're base. I think this would be a pretty cool way to make a new way for thralls to be gotten also could open the door to mods such as a rape mod for RP purposes also you could in turn make a mod for thralls to be used as standing armies to march out for attacks. I see mods making the RP potential in this game go beyond what anyone expected for RP and could actually make one of the greatest Role Playing mediums for a game since City of Heroes...

Let me know what you guys think of the mod idea I listed and maybe if a modeler out there can do something about female armpit hair -_-.

I like the ideas, but to take it further it would be nice if we could get more options such as shaved female body, or trimmed. Oily female body and so on.

What I would also love to see if it is even possible is some sort of wet and dirty effects on the player, but then again I do not know if this last one even possible in this game.

The first thing I said was getting rid of the armpit hair and getting rid of the body hair on the female models :P

Someone in their good graces put up this mod so we are in the right direction currently.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861928199

I think you can create private servers so that may be possible.

I was wondering if any gay players are intrested in forming a clan.

Let me know. With the modding, I would rather pick this up on PC.

Hi, just wondering if anyone did set up a clan? I would be very interested in being in such a clan.

Edit :- If anyone would be interested in setting up a clan / server exclusive for Gay / Bisexual guys PM me, perhaps we could get something together?

Im playing on this server mostly right now, never busy lol   149.202.92.201:27021

Yipit

I am stuck with the mesh import back in UE editor ;( The whole bone adding "feature" of fbx file format is killing me and I can't find any suitable documentation online. Yes, I can rename the bone and it imports mesh and fuses the skeletons, but in proccess of merging the skeletons it adds additional bone that serves no purpose whatsoever to the ingame skeleton and it has to remake animations everytime skeleton is modified. In the end this process is creating a huge mess...Also there is a physics problem (how to make separate physics for cloth and breasts/genitalia) So if anyone knows how to properly export and import back an .fbx skeletal mesh without creating any additional bones, I would appreciate any tips and advices.

I am stuck with the mesh import back in UE editor ;( The whole bone adding "feature" of fbx file format is killing me and I can't find any suitable documentation online. Yes, I can rename the bone and it imports mesh and fuses the skeletons, but in proccess of merging the skeletons it adds additional bone that serves no purpose whatsoever to the ingame skeleton and it has to remake animations everytime skeleton is modified. In the end this process is creating a huge mess...Also there is a physics problem (how to make separate physics for cloth and breasts/genitalia) So if anyone knows how to properly export and import back an .fbx skeletal mesh without creating any additional bones, I would appreciate any tips and advices.

Could you perhaps post some pics of your bone structure before and after import, so we can see where stuff gets added?

As for the physics, you need to make or assign separate physics assets to your reimported model. Look at what the unedited meshes were using and use those same physics assets in your new mesh.

This is what an Ark modder wrote:

I used blender for most of the armors, but I haven't been able to import the skeleton with the proper bone alignments. It was a very time consuming process to change the skins, because you have to import the skeletons without auto bone alignment. This means the skeleton looks crazy and you can't auto weight paint anything. I spend many hours with the weights and you can't check them in Blender because the skeleton can't be moved or it won't import back to ADK properly.

Could you perhaps post some pics of your bone structure before and after import, so we can see where stuff gets added?

As for the physics, you need to make or assign separate physics assets to your reimported model. Look at what the unedited meshes were using and use those same physics assets in your new mesh.

This is what the scene structure looks like after the export from UE editor. Notice that SK_female_set_priest_upperbody, There is no such entry in skeletal mesh in UE editor. The fbx exporter in UE editor creates it. It has the same structure in Blender, Maya and 3DsMax after export.

Vd4XxZl.jpg

Now if you don't rename that SK_female_set_priest_upperbody to b_root, the UE editor will just crash on attempt to reimport that mesh. Basically highest stuff in fbx hierarchy needs to be a root bone. If you rename it to b_root, on attempt to import the mesh back into UE this happens:

fwgw4Js.jpg

And then the shit hits the fan: extra bones are being added to the ingame skeleton per every modified mesh and thus all the animations have to be rebuilt. Which can't be a good thing. It works though and the game does show the modified meshes, but I'd like to not to mess with animations and skeleton.

MvUszPm.jpg

UxHNk9S.jpg

If you're trying to convert into .FBX and import with Blender, you should try converting into another file type: Using a FBX converter.Its a Blender problem.

It's not Blender problem, it's fbx exporter problem or maybe Funcom's skeleton and mesh structure...  It happens in Maya and 3Ds Max too, the only difference is that Blender also rotates bones.. Exporting the mesh from Blender leads to the same problem: UE editor adding additional bones. Or maybe the problem is me, I do something wrong...

Doesnt really help, as it has no info on merging bones with already existing skeleton. Kinda found a workaround to export/import skeletal meshes without repainting weights and without adding extra bones... For some reason UE exports skeleton without those bones:

rSrufva.jpg

So if you import your skeletal mesh with this structure, it imports without altering skeleton and animations.. Just need to rename your mesh to b_prop_1 or b_prop2... Now I don't know if those sockets are used in game or there are plans to using them. Will upload later the topless set priestess mod to test out, I didn't find any issues with it (besides needed LOD regeneration). Also it saves you the hassle of repainting weights, just edit mesh in Blender and reimport it back with correct bones structure. I personally use Maya as I am more familiar with it, don't really like Blender much.

9cZVcgA.jpg

P.S. Also, take a look at the b_penis and b_balls bones (UE editor also exports skeleton without them). I guess to make erect penis you will have to add those bones in 3D editor, animate and reimport back. Will try that later once Im done with skimpy armors...

Actaully why can't someone make a more hairy mod instead, it would be more lore friendly then shaved skin mod......

(people talks about in old egypt people like to shave, but conan was set alot older in the lore, and it take place in northen place more like in Turkmenistan or Xinjiang which have desert and sand dunes with alot of nomads and old civilization ruins then somewhere like egypt)

Doesnt really help, as it has no info on merging bones with already existing skeleton. Kinda found a workaround to export/import skeletal meshes without repainting weights and without adding extra bones... For some reason UE exports skeleton without those bones:

rSrufva.jpg

So if you import your skeletal mesh with this structure, it imports without altering skeleton and animations.. Just need to rename your mesh to b_prop_1 or b_prop2... Now I don't know if those sockets are used in game or there are plans to using them. Will upload later the topless set priestess mod to test out, I didn't find any issues with it (besides needed LOD regeneration). Also it saves you the hassle of repainting weights, just edit mesh in Blender and reimport it back with correct bones structure. I personally use Maya as I am more familiar with it, don't really like Blender much.

Whats the original name of the mesh you renamed?

Does it work with the lower body part?

ue4_1.png

Actaully why can't someone make a more hairy mod instead, it would be more lore friendly then shaved skin mod......

(people talks about in old egypt people like to shave, but conan was set alot older in the lore, and it take place in northen place more like in Turkmenistan or Xinjiang which have desert and sand dunes with alot of nomads and old civilization ruins then somewhere like egypt)

Still, according to the original stories, the Exiled Lands were located south, and by default close to Stygia.. and there most people ran around butt naked and shaved (yeah, it's basically a land of evil perverts), you can read more of the lore here

Still, If you are a Cimmerian or someone from the northern kingdoms... well, in a perfect world the game should have textures for each race.

Whats the original name of the mesh you renamed?

Does it work with the lower body part?

ue4_1.png

Still, according to the original stories, the Exiled Lands were located south, and by default close to Stygia.. and there most people ran around butt naked and shaved (yeah, it's basically a land of evil perverts), you can read more of the lore here

Still, If you are a Cimmerian or someone from the northern kingdoms... well, in a perfect world the game should have textures for each race.

SK_female_set_priest_upperbody

Didn't try with lower parts yet, still testing the topless set armor. It works when you hit play in UE editor, however when you cook it and install as mod in the actual game it still uses old mesh :/ I wonder if there is a cache or something...

Ok so about that skin that removes there hair..

See link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861928199

So it has this oil texture to it and it looks like pure crap... So having one without it would be grand.

Also the chicks twat is kinda... Odd looking it looks like it's a innie labia kinda deal but it really is just some strange line.... xD  My thinking so someone may wanna add in some labia lips to make it not as strange looking on one of these hairless model mods.

What people are tying to gain from mentioning Egypt, is not to make it "lore-friendly", they are just trying to make the concept of shaved and oiled bodies easier to be supported by their perspective and approach to roleplaying in-game.

Not a lot of people find hairy vaginas to be attractive, so it's not really about what is more lore-friendly, but about making the most attractive experience, and still have that experience be believable.

Archived