Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

would it be possible to import a weapon model from skyrim? i need muh fate weapons.

Should be possible, although the textures will need some tweaking then since Skyrim still functions with the old Specular/Gloss maps whereas anything in Unreal 4 uses PBR materials. Also, you'd probably better ask the mod author about that first.

Rip, can't cook a file because the toolkit bloats from 67gb to over 90

:( Yeah, it's funny how to in order to make a 300kb mod you need to wait 20-40 minutes and watch unreal creating 20 gb of stuff in your drive..

Btw, does anyone know where the character body slots are listed?

:( Yeah, it's funny how to in order to make a 300kb mod you need to wait 20-40 minutes and watch unreal creating 20 gb of stuff in your drive..

Tried in character/human

or checking the blueprint of the body?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Animation/AnimMontage/index.html#slots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ardXXy5pE&index=17&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gZS5HylO_368myr-Kg2ZLwb

While im still trying to cook a simple config mod lol

Tried in character/human

or checking the blueprint of the body?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Animation/AnimMontage/index.html#slots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ardXXy5pE&index=17&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gZS5HylO_368myr-Kg2ZLwb

While im still trying to cook a simple config mod lol

Those are animSlots, I was talking about items being equipped on the character. Al humanoids have head, hair, helmet, torso, primary, secondary, arms, legs and feet slots for equipping stuff. But where are those slots defined? I checked all Blueprints and Datatables, still can't find where the items are assigned to what slot or where the slots actually are listed...

P.S. Nevermind, found where slots are assigned for the items, it's in EquipmentVariationTable (in Items folder). Cooking the invisible helmets mod now.

What about BP_preview_character_mesh?

content>character>human>blueprints

ue4vis1.png

It also have a construction script in functions

I think it's for character creation, I wonder if we can attach additional bodyparts in that blueprint though...

Doesnt the armor files just override the body anyway?

ue4vis2.png

The upper body underwear is linked to the preview body, but the armors have no link to body, only to the base skeleton I guess..

Also weapons are referenced into thr ItemTable file, armors too, but there is no direct reference to them

They have  a BPGameItemArmor  blueprint

Doesnt the armor files just override the body anyway?

ue4vis2.png

The upper body underwear is linked to the preview body, but the armors have no link to body, only to the base skeleton I guess..

Also weapons are referenced into thr ItemTable file, armors too, but there is no direct reference to them

They have  a BPGameItemArmor  blueprint

I already found where the game assigns slots for equipping armor, its in EquipmentVariationTable. Testing invisible helmets mod right now..

Extra bodyparts could be useful for stuff like futa/strapons, pregnancy bodies, tails, wings... you name it :) so it's good to know where we can attach them to the blueprints

Hey guys, first time posting on this site. I lurk skyrim mods. I even once created a SLA mod that would cause random rape scenes to trigger based on aroused value threshold of the npcs around you. I never published it though because it was quite a bit of work getting the animations registered. Anyways...

I want to create something equivalent to SexLab in Conan Exiles. That it would control the engagement of sex scenes (I'm surprised to see no one talking about this yet). When they start, how they start, what animation to play, when to orgasm, what happens when you orgasm, is it consensual, is it not consensual. I'm just imagining walking up to some settlement and seeing half the people fucking each other haha. There could be a status gain if its consensual or have something detrimental happen if it's not consensual. But I realize that SexLab doesn't make a distinction between the two, it allows further modding to do that.

I just downloaded the dev kit this afternoon and started messing around with blueprints. I think what I need to do is extend BaseBPChar with logic in order to hook up what needs to happen with an animation between two characters. Then, naturally, any future characters based on BaseBPChar would be able to have sex, whether you're male, female or futanari (when those get modded in).

I was also thinking that in order to implement a futanari gender. You could just copy the male character, somehow, and replace the meshes with the female meshes. Then that would also future proof any penis mods as futa wouldn't need to be altered to get the mods. I could just be talking bs. But I'm trying to understand how it all works.

Hey guys, first time posting on this site. I lurk skyrim mods. I even once created a SLA mod that would cause random rape scenes to trigger based on aroused value threshold of the npcs around you. I never published it though because it was quite a bit of work getting the animations registered. Anyways...

I want to create something equivalent to SexLab in Conan Exiles. That it would control the engagement of sex scenes (I'm surprised to see no one talking about this yet). When they start, how they start, what animation to play, when to orgasm, what happens when you orgasm, is it consensual, is it not consensual. I'm just imagining walking up to some settlement and seeing half the people fucking each other haha. There could be a status gain if its consensual or have something detrimental happen if it's not consensual. But I realize that SexLab doesn't make a distinction between the two, it allows further modding to do that.

I just downloaded the dev kit this afternoon and started messing around with blueprints. I think what I need to do is extend BaseBPChar with logic in order to hook up what needs to happen with an animation between two characters. Then, naturally, any future characters based on BaseBPChar would be able to have sex, whether you're male, female or futanari (when those get modded in).

I was also thinking that in order to implement a futanari gender. You could just copy the male character, somehow, and replace the meshes with the female meshes. Then that would also future proof any penis mods as futa wouldn't need to be altered to get the mods. I could just be talking bs. But I'm trying to understand how it all works.

ingame skeleton already has bones for male genitalia-b_penis_1,b_penis_2,b_balls (both male and female use the same skeleton, just different animations and physics). So in theory. you would need to create an additional mesh socket on the skeleton, castrate the SK_human_male_lowerbody model, import castrated genitalia as a standalone skeletal mesh, create the additional bodypart in class blueprint and attach penis mesh and physics to female model. Maybe create an additional race if you don't want all females have dicks...

P.S. I've been thinking about more complex mods, but now just learning Unreal Editor and struggling with even simple mesh replacement procedures ;/

There is a way to make armor parts invisible without the modkit

steamlibrary/steamapps/common/conan exiles/conansandbox/content/items/

Make a copy of the armor folder as a backup (so if you mess up you can just delete the armor folder you are working on and just rename the backup one armor again to put the game back to normal)

Go into the armor folder and make 3 copies of the underwear folder (this is naked / base loincloth based on nudity settings).

After that rename the folders named below

light_exile_cloth to light_exile_cloth_backup

medium_studded_leather to medium_studded_leather_backup

heavy_plated_leather to heavy_plated_leather_backup

Now rename the 3 copies of the underwear folder you made earlier to the 3 initial folders named above and all these armors will show as nude / base loincloth when you go into the game. Including thralls and npcs.

Just noticed that seams on shoulders/upperbody/lowerbody isnt really my doing. There are seams on lowerbody/upperbody skeletal meshes even without exporting it to fbx. The whole fbx process is just makes it a bit worse. Just load in sk_female_set_priest_upperbody in the editor, attach to it sk_female_set_priest_lowerbody and feast your eyes upon that seam between lowebody and upperbody ;(

On other armors it is less noticeable because they all have belts and shoulders placed in "strategic" places to cover up seams...

The neck seam is a product of me merging sk_female_set_priest_upperbody with sk_human_female_upperbody to get those nipples back on the topless set priest upperbody...

The only seamless mesh is naked upperbody and naked lowerbody/legs.

Y DO DIS FUNCOM ? ;(

P.S. Also, take a loot at the filesizes of .uassets in dev tool and in the actual game. The game .uassets for meshes and textures are 2 or 3 times smaller.

How to import/export and edit conan armor meshes without much effort.

I will use Maya2015 and Maya2015LT (LT used only for easy LOD generation) in this guide, but sure you can use Blender or Max (except for copy weight paint part) they all have similar tools.

1.Select armor and plan what you will need for the complete armor. Notice that armor skeletal meshes miss parts of the body that are coveret by the armor. Usually you would want to work with two meshes, naked skeletal mesh and the mesh with armor.

2.Export meshes from Unreal Editor to FBX (right click on the mesh->asset action->export).

3.Import an .fbx naked mesh into a new scene and save your scene.

4.Create a new scene and import an armor mesh. Select everything and click Edit->Copy.

5.Open the first scene with the imported naked mesh and Paste armor mesh. Now you have two meshes with their own skeletons situated on the same point on the scene. That will make your work easier. You should end up with a structure like this: SK_human_female_upperbody is my naked mesh that will serve as base and weight painting source, group is my armor mesh and group1 is male armor mesh(cause I wanted to nick nipple rings from male model and attach them to female).

scrn_00.jpg

6.Send everything to Bind Pose Animation(F2)->Skin->Go To Bind Pose. (Just select every group and send them to bind pose one by one).

7.Now you need parent the armor meshes to the b_root of the base skeleton, just do it one by one, unparent from old skeleton, parent to the base one, select mesh and b_pelvis and bind. You should end up with hierarchy like this and all the meshes bound to the base skeleton. Select X-Ray, press W and move a shoulder bone to doublecheck that all the meshes are bound to the skeleton.

scrn_002.jpg

8.Now you should be able to copy weight paints (or UV maps) from one mesh to another. Select base naked armor (SK_human_female_upperbody1) then CTRL and your armor mesh, go to Skin->Copy Skin Weights and use these settings:

scrn_003.jpg

9.Now you have all meshes rigged and painted, you can procede to edit the armor. Just delete the part of the mesh you don't need, You can use dependancy graphs to easily select parts of mesh, (Right click->DG Traversal->whatevername->select). Also you can use isolate or hide to more clearly see the part of the mesh you are working on.

scrn_003.jpg

10. After you finished editing your mesh, it's time to export back into Unreal Editor. Select your skeleton and delete bones b_prop_1, b_prop_2, b_prop_3, b_prop_4.

11. Rename your meshes to b_prop_1, b_prop_2, etc. You should end up with hierarchy like this:

scrn_003.jpg

12.If you are using Maya, select b_root, and delete Non-deformer history (Edit->Delete all by type->Non-Deformer History).

13.(OPTIONAL) Save scene and load Maya LT,

14.Select b_root and unparent it its group. b_root Should always be on top of hierarchy, otherwise Unreal Editor will crash on import.

15.(OPTIONAL) With b_root selected in your Maya LT generate LODs (Edit->Level of Detail->Generate LOD meshes).

16. Export back to .fbx. Check Smoothing Groups and Smooth Mesh, uncheck pretty much everything else. Make sure you use FBX2014 Binary plugin.

17.Open Unreal Editor, open the skeletal mesh you've been working on, remove LODs, click on the little eye icon near the search bar, select "Show All advanced details"

18. Under Import Settings make sure "Preserve smoothining groups" and "Import Meshes in bone hierarchy are checked". If you generated LOD meshes, check "Import LOD meshes". Click Reimport mesh.

19. Thats pretty much it.

ingame skeleton already has bones for male genitalia-b_penis_1,b_penis_2,b_balls (both male and female use the same skeleton, just different animations and physics). So in theory. you would need to create an additional mesh socket on the skeleton, castrate the SK_human_male_lowerbody model, import castrated genitalia as a standalone skeletal mesh, create the additional bodypart in class blueprint and attach penis mesh and physics to female model. Maybe create an additional race if you don't want all females have dicks...

P.S. I've been thinking about more complex mods, but now just learning Unreal Editor and struggling with even simple mesh replacement procedures ;/

I've been looking into making a futa character myself for a bit. Unfortunately if you take the penis from the male model and place it on the female model, you have quite a big gap between the dong mesh and the pelvis. You can't just move the penis against it either, else you'll misalign the bones and get fucked up animations, so the lower body will need some tweaking (that, or we'd need to edit the skeleton and find a way to use different skeletons... Which will be MESSY).

post-743785-0-49063500-1487060893_thumb.png

As for making futanari work in the editor, I see all the mesh picking for characters is based on a boolean IsFemale. This is used pretty much everywhere, and replacing it with, say, an enum {male, female, futa} is going to be extremely tedious (and prone to breaking with updates. Think of for example trying to put a newly-made armor on a futa character. It won't have a futa version yet so at best you get a void, at worst a crash). I'd advise making a new variable in the character blueprint IsFuta, which we then tie to the character creation UI and will only swap out the lower body mesh if both IsFemale and IsFuta are checked. This might still cause issues, but it'll be in a smaller scope.

Either that, or we just make futa dongs equippable items in a new slot. This might later be used for a variety of dicks (see my earlier horse cock ;) )

Archived