The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

10 minutes ago, HKo_83 said:

I found that one too after multi checking the xml, I had last animation doubled, fixed and added all dressers of same height and width as custom locations, so mainly all bigger are now included.

Going to make few more M+F & F+F and small variants for M+M rigs to have something to publish... And I finally learned how to make the animations so that facial expressions and small body movements are easier to fill in...

Reveal hidden contents

Old way; As I made the the two main poses and AA+LocRot and saved all the bones, then copy pasted it in timeline for desired speed...

967335314_Oldhabits.png.5c2b237dd4bf833f6c5ff9159dddf33e.png

Reveal hidden contents

New way leaves everything un-moved free for later tweaking... took only 2 years to learn not to hit AA, but instead I+LocRot everytime some bone was moved

1297055500_newway.png.df332c2b47eb5fd37ca994aa4673e3a8.png

Most likely have to redo all the already existing animations to get them into desired level... Or is there a way to select a bone and its locked frames and just delete them? Meaning: If I'd wanted to remove all frames from just b_spine2_ bone how would I select them, leaving all other bones intact?

909375013_Oldhabitsdiehard.png.dcc8f3ad4f01a391793a3f6bfbe95728.png

I know I can go manually and select all the frames I want one by one but in +400 frame animation that has frame every 10-15f its already ~40 dots to choose and then repeat on next I do not want to have locked...

Clic on b_spine2 and press del .

13 hours ago, doan77 said:

Clic on b_spine2 and press del .

... Yeah... I just figured that after posting, my cat jumped on my keyboard and deleted most of unnecessary bones... and after that you go to frame 0 and locrot all bones to get them back to show up...

thanks!

18 hours ago, HKo_83 said:

... Yeah... I just figured that after posting, my cat jumped on my keyboard and deleted most of unnecessary bones... and after that you go to frame 0 and locrot all bones to get them back to show up...

thanks!

I wasn't aware you could just delete the bones to remove the frames of them, I wouldn't recommend doing this, you can select bones or key frames in the dope-sheet and easily remove them like this, you can use ctrl + shift click to select a whole line, or alt + shift click to select a whole column, those could be the other-way round but you get the idea. You can use ctrl + left click to select everything on either side of the timeline you clicked, you can lock certain bones if you don't want to select those when using a broad command. 

Deleting bones directly from the rig could cause issues later in the process when recording the animation data into S4S.

7 hours ago, Simite said:

I wasn't aware you could just delete the bones to remove the frames of them, I wouldn't recommend doing this, you can select bones or key frames in the dope-sheet and easily remove them like this, you can use ctrl + shift click to select a whole line, or alt + shift click to select a whole column, those could be the other-way round but you get the idea. You can use ctrl + left click to select everything on either side of the timeline you clicked, you can lock certain bones if you don't want to select those when using a broad command. 

Deleting bones directly from the rig could cause issues later in the process when recording the animation data into S4S.

I think this would be the case, but if you afterwards go back to frame 0 and select the rig with AA, and locrot, you'll get all the deleted bones back. Haven't tested yet, if this makes a difference in actual animation, but thank you for the short commands, I'd literally had tried all else, but ctrl+shift ones... feeling kinda dumb at the moment, for such an obvious answer for solution... 

But as a work space only having needed bones/ joints would clarify the actual animation making, as you'd have only needed bones to show... But we all have our own way of work in this, so maybe this is just my unskilled way of getting a detour around the stuff I haven't been able to complete. As I still haven't had time to figure out the constraints stuff and still working joint by joint with rotating on axis...

So I have a question for the more advanced modders/animators out there!

Would it be possible to have a loot action attached to an animations such as vampire drink deeply, I want to make some animations where vampires are feeding on each other while having sex, I have found the tuning files related to vampire feeding so I think I know how to reference to it. 

But if I added that to my main animations XML it would possibly make all the animations give vampire feeding? Would it have to be a seperate package for only vampire feeding animations?

More importantly would it work at all, I guess this is better aimed @TURBODRIVER ; would the game accept a loot command through WW? (Like during a WW animation)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys and gals,

After much lurking and being blown away by all your fantastic work, I'm finally trying my hand at my own animation... and after a lot of headaches and an unreasonable amount of time, I finally managed to get it into the game!

Incredible, how rewarding such a small achievement can feel... Anyway, there is a problem with it (of course!): the female actor starts to float off the ground!? Everything seems fine in Blender... the male doesn't have that problem either.

Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

This is what it looks like...

Spoiler

Thanks for any help, and keep up the great work, everybody!

This isn't an animation WIP, it's a CAS body part WIP and I feel like people here would know a thing or two about XML to help me.

http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/179548231676/support-for-custom-cas-parts

HEARTBEATSANDBRAINWAVES_Body_Bottom_Male.package

I'm trying to turn this into something that works with the CAS body part system. It's not working. No idea why, I'm afraid. I'm a bit unsure about the Instance ID, but I could be completely incorrect about that being the issue. I've attached the file, but here is the XML code as well. Thank you for helping out.

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWhimsCASPartsPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwhims.main.cas_parts.cas_parts_tuning" n="HEARTBEATSANDBRAINWAVES_Body_Bottom_Male" s="18257014172939428684">
  <T n="wickedwhims_cas_parts">1</T>
  <L n="cas_parts_list">

<T>
      <T n="cas_part_raw_display_name">Vagina for men (masculine framed sims)</T>  <!-- Raw Text for displayed CAS part name. Remove this field if using the "cas_part_display_name" field. -->
      <T n="cas_part_author">HEARTBEATSANDBRAINWAVES</T> <!-- Raw Text for author name of this CAS part. -->
      <T n="cas_part_display_icon">2F7D0004:00000000:D19DE7E9C0FA296B</T> <!-- Resource Key for displayed CAS part icon. -->
      <T n="cas_part_type">BODY_BOTTOM_MALE</T> <!-- Type of the CAS part (STRAPON, CONDOM, UNDERWEAR_MALE, UNDERWEAR_FEMALE, BODY_TOP_MALE, BODY_TOP_FEMALE, BODY_BOTTOM_MALE, BODY_BOTTOM_FEMALE, BODY_FEET_MALE, BODY_FEET_FEMALE, PENIS_SOFT_MALE, PENIS_SOFT_FEMALE, PENIS_HARD_MALE, PENIS_HARD_FEMALE) -->
      <T n="cas_part_id">13024763596225904458</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the CAS part. Use "cas_part_ids" when CAS part type requires it. -->
    </T>  </L>

</I>

On 11/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, plumbutt said:

Hi guys and gals,

After much lurking and being blown away by all your fantastic work, I'm finally trying my hand at my own animation... and after a lot of headaches and an unreasonable amount of time, I finally managed to get it into the game!

Incredible, how rewarding such a small achievement can feel... Anyway, there is a problem with it (of course!): the female actor starts to float off the ground!? Everything seems fine in Blender... the male doesn't have that problem either.

Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

This is what it looks like...

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for any help, and keep up the great work, everybody!

When making the animation in blender make sure you have python scripts enabled in the user settings if you're using the control rigs that I re-shared.

Also if you're using these rigs and have scripts enabled, select the body handle and check the Pivot slide settings in the properties tab is set to either 0, 0.250, 0.500, 0.750, or 1.

This setting changes where the rig pivots from and can cause a sort of floating if not positioned at the points where bones connect to each other as apposed to the middle of a bone with something like 0.315.

3 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

This isn't an animation WIP, it's a CAS body part WIP and I feel like people here would know a thing or two about XML to help me.

http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/179548231676/support-for-custom-cas-parts

HEARTBEATSANDBRAINWAVES_Body_Bottom_Male.package

I'm trying to turn this into something that works with the CAS body part system. It's not working. No idea why, I'm afraid. I'm a bit unsure about the Instance ID, but I could be completely incorrect about that being the issue. I've attached the file, but here is the XML code as well. Thank you for helping out.

Reveal hidden contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWhimsCASPartsPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwhims.main.cas_parts.cas_parts_tuning" n="HEARTBEATSANDBRAINWAVES_Body_Bottom_Male" s="18257014172939428684">
  <T n="wickedwhims_cas_parts">1</T>
  <L n="cas_parts_list">

<T>
      <T n="cas_part_raw_display_name">Vagina for men (masculine framed sims)</T>  <!-- Raw Text for displayed CAS part name. Remove this field if using the "cas_part_display_name" field. -->
      <T n="cas_part_author">HEARTBEATSANDBRAINWAVES</T> <!-- Raw Text for author name of this CAS part. -->
      <T n="cas_part_display_icon">2F7D0004:00000000:D19DE7E9C0FA296B</T> <!-- Resource Key for displayed CAS part icon. -->
      <T n="cas_part_type">BODY_BOTTOM_MALE</T> <!-- Type of the CAS part (STRAPON, CONDOM, UNDERWEAR_MALE, UNDERWEAR_FEMALE, BODY_TOP_MALE, BODY_TOP_FEMALE, BODY_BOTTOM_MALE, BODY_BOTTOM_FEMALE, BODY_FEET_MALE, BODY_FEET_FEMALE, PENIS_SOFT_MALE, PENIS_SOFT_FEMALE, PENIS_HARD_MALE, PENIS_HARD_FEMALE) -->
      <T n="cas_part_id">13024763596225904458</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the CAS part. Use "cas_part_ids" when CAS part type requires it. -->
    </T>  </L>

</I>

I'm not really experienced with this feature yet but I'm going to have a shot at helping.

I think the CAS Part Type needs to be changed from lower body, too left leg tattoo, I think there's a specific sort layer to stay on too. Somewhere around 50 something. (currently the sort layer is 14000.)

I checked the used package name to create the Hexadecimal values and got the same numbers you already used in the XML so I think you have the correct numbers for those.

After reading Turbo's tutorial and checking your package as I went along the part type and sort layer are the only things I noticed and those are not even mentioned as requirements in the tutorial I just saw turbo mention it at some point recently when posting about it around the forums to another creator. So they might not even need to be set like this anymore.

I'm stumped, sorry I wasn't much help.

(Edit: I tried what I suggested changing and it didn't work for me, so feel free to ignore this.)

Edit 2: I had a real serious check through this and the only other issue I found is that template you made the XML from is not the body template, not sure which one it was but they have different numbers at the start of the XML file name for each template and it may be important for WW to reference your correctly.

I feel like at one point I had it working I just couldn't see it because it did not replace the native penis that shows in cas, I think it just appeared "under" it.

maybe have a male sim with masculin frame but with this sim has "no penis" option selected, to make them more ken-doll so it may be easier to spot if the mesh is working when its equipped.

You could try using this XML: S4_7DF2169C_00000000_FD5DF1A91553A34C.xml

it exactly the same as the XML you provided except the name of the XML is different at the start "7DF2169C", it was "03833DDF" which I think is from a different template.

I'm out of ideas now.

19 hours ago, Simite said:

I'm out of ideas now.

Oh wow! Thank you so much for trying so many different things! You really went above and beyond, and I really appreciate it!

I was pretty sure I used the correct template, but I may have changed the title by accident. I will try your file, and let you know.

Edit: HOLY SHIT IT WORKS THANK YOU

On 11/20/2018 at 2:53 PM, Simite said:

When making the animation in blender make sure you have python scripts enabled in the user settings if you're using the control rigs that I re-shared.

Also if you're using these rigs and have scripts enabled, select the body handle and check the Pivot slide settings in the properties tab is set to either 0, 0.250, 0.500, 0.750, or 1.

This setting changes where the rig pivots from and can cause a sort of floating if not positioned at the points where bones connect to each other as apposed to the middle of a bone with something like 0.315.

Thanks for looking into this! I actually used Turbodrivers old rigs in the animation, they seemed "less intimidating" to start out with... :) once I understand the whole process better, I will definitely switch to your rigs.

Any other ideas, what could be the cause of this?

1 hour ago, plumbutt said:

Thanks for looking into this! I actually used Turbodrivers old rigs in the animation, they seemed "less intimidating" to start out with... :) once I understand the whole process better, I will definitely switch to your rigs.

Any other ideas, what could be the cause of this?

oh I see, it could be a Root bone issue, there is 2 root bones, b__ROOT_bind__ and b__ROOT__. You need to make sure you only move the actors around using the b__ROOT_bind__ bone and make sure you have its position key framed with locrot (location and rotation).

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 10:01 AM, doan77 said:

Like the human, objects have a skeleton.

You animate them in blender, then make a separate save with only the object, import it like a human animation.

The only difference is in the xml: 

> 4.4.6. Variable 'object_animation_clip_name’ is the clip name of your object animation CLIP (ClipName). [OPTIONAL]

http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/149598794456/exporting-objects-from-the-sims-4 for exporting objects.

Hey! I'm gonna piggy back off of this if you don't mind? I made my animation with the object and my sim of course, but I am curious as to how to get the actual object animated in game via pose player? The sim moves just fine, but the door is stationary. Do you perhaps know how to animate the object to be compatible via pose player? I have no clue how to make animations via xml or anything I've been reading about here.

4 hours ago, unkemptpaladin said:

Hey! I'm gonna piggy back off of this if you don't mind? I made my animation with the object and my sim of course, but I am curious as to how to get the actual object animated in game via pose player? The sim moves just fine, but the door is stationary. Do you perhaps know how to animate the object to be compatible via pose player? I have no clue how to make animations via xml or anything I've been reading about here.

You can currently animate objects by exporting their "mesh" as described in this tutorial Exporting Objects obviously if the object itself allows it once the object has been imported via the "append" 
You can click on the "Rig" of the object and see which points you can move to animate it, and follow the same process with which you animate the sim.

I hope I have been helpful

7 hours ago, unkemptpaladin said:

i have no idea how pose player work, i was talking about Wicke whim

4 hours ago, TheGamerBoy96 said:

You can currently animate objects by exporting their "mesh" as described in this tutorial Exporting Objects obviously if the object itself allows it once the object has been imported via the "append" 
You can click on the "Rig" of the object and see which points you can move to animate it, and follow the same process with which you animate the sim.

I hope I have been helpful

Yeah, I've already animated the door. I'm just not sure how to get the door moving via pose player or anything like that in game.

10 minutes ago, unkemptpaladin said:

Yeah, I've already animated the door. I'm just not sure how to get the door moving via pose player or anything like that in game.

If you mean the Pose Player, the Andrew's Studio mod is not possible, you should do it via the Whicked Whims mod XML by adding the "clip" of the object animation in the appropriate line

1 hour ago, TheGamerBoy96 said:

If you mean the Pose Player, the Andrew's Studio mod is not possible, you should do it via the Whicked Whims mod XML by adding the "clip" of the object animation in the appropriate line

I was afraid of that. I'll give it a try with Wicked Whims and will let you know how that pans out. Thankfully I was working on it a bit last night just in case someone would tell me it had to be done via WW. Hahaha! 

40 minutes ago, unkemptpaladin said:

I was afraid of that. I'll give it a try with Wicked Whims and will let you know how that pans out. Thankfully I was working on it a bit last night just in case someone would tell me it had to be done via WW. Hahaha! 

Hi there!

As they say it's gotta be done by wicked whims for now,  it's using the object's WWID so it has access to the resources needed to translate your blend file into the game for the respective object,

When using pose player, the object or furniture isn't actually recognised in any way nor can it be selected for triggering poses etc the mod doesn't even know it's there,

When you export the object, just treat it like exporting another actor, then just copy/paste the clip name to the relevant line in the XML

1 hour ago, R-Lo said:

Hi there!

As they say it's gotta be done by wicked whims for now,  it's using the object's WWID so it has access to the resources needed to translate your blend file into the game for the respective object,

When using pose player, the object or furniture isn't actually recognised in any way nor can it be selected for triggering poses etc the mod doesn't even know it's there,

When you export the object, just treat it like exporting another actor, then just copy/paste the clip name to the relevant line in the XML

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that part out. The xml thing. I have no clue what I'm doing, so this is frustrating. I'm not using S4PE since S4S can do everything, but I get lost when it tells me to export the clips in the instructions via the WW tumblr tutorial. I put in the ticker information, save the package, and then it tells me to open S4PE to export the clips. That's where I'm stuck. :/

2 minutes ago, unkemptpaladin said:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that part out. The xml thing. I have no clue what I'm doing, so this is frustrating. I'm not using S4PE since S4S can do everything, but I get lost when it tells me to export the clips in the instructions via the WW tumblr tutorial. I put in the ticker information, save the package, and then it tells me to open S4PE to export the clips. That's where I'm stuck. :/

The XML is extremely important here, it's what ties everything together,

You can open the package file in s4pe but it's literally only a posepack,

It's the XML that tells the game this isn't a posepack and adding the clip names to it will link the individual blend files into a single action,

Poseplayer is literally as the name says and it doesn't have the capacity to determine how animations are used,

If you're looking to animate objects you're definitely gonna need to do this as a wicked whims file

14 minutes ago, unkemptpaladin said:

Open the file with your clips in S4S - go to Warehouse - Select all the clip and clip header you need - right click , Export somewhere - open you Animation package - imports these file and you done for the exportation thing.

If you need more help feel free to send me a private message so I will try to help you more