]

So I installed this on a new playthrough today and have Kyne's Parasites and Estrus Charus installed but he parasitic events in the enchanting and tentacle attacks in the ingredients are greyed out.  What am I missing here?

If they are greyed out then FMEA is failing to find EC+ 

Have you checked that EC+ is running OK - if you set spit attacks to 100% and then use the console to place a Chaurus by you does the tentacle attack and pregnancy fire correctly?

Yes, EC+ does start the tentacle attack, as does ES+.

Now FEMA is higher in my load order than both EC+ and ES+.  I'll try moving it below them to see if that makes a difference and let you know if that helps.

Edit: Okay so I moved FMEA to just before ASLAL in my load order and still have the tentacle and parasite events grayed out.

]

So I installed this on a new playthrough today and have Kyne's Parasites and Estrus Charus installed but he parasitic events in the enchanting and tentacle attacks in the ingredients are greyed out. What am I missing here?

Have you checked that EC+ is running OK - if you set spit attacks to 100% and then use the console to place a Chaurus by you does the tentacle attack and pregnancy fire correctly?

Now FEMA is higher in my load order than both EC+ and ES+. I'll try moving it below them to see if that makes a difference and let you know if that helps.

Edit: Okay so I moved FMEA to just before ASLAL in my load order and still have the tentacle and parasite events grayed out.

Have you tried disabling the plugins in the mcm - then exit the menu wait 30 secs or so and then go back into the mom and reenable the plugins?

This is a fantastic mod, and really makes leveling up skills or playing a thief/assassin way more interesting for early on when you're leveling skills up. The only thing I've found so far that seems like it could use a bit of tweaking would be specific effects that last far too long. So far the only two that have seemed to linger for way longer then believable would be the narcotics effect from harvesting plants, and blurred vision from alchemy. The narcotics one lasted a little less then 24 in game hours, if I''m remembering right, which is a hell of a high to be getting from some random flowers. As for the blurred vision, it's currently lasted nearly 30 hours so far, which is frankly just absurd. 

Maybe a configurable setting in the MCM for some of these? Also, while I haven't acquired enough gold in the game yet to buy a cure disease potion (due to pricing mods), would they actually cure some of these ailments? I could see a potion of cure disease working on the narcotics effect at least. Either way though, this mod is fantastic, and I really look forward to seeing where it goes!

EDIT: Blurred vision finally went away after approximately 36 hours in-game. Seems a tad overkill for a problem that could be solved or at least reduced by just washing ones eyes with some water afterward, but that's just me. Maybe I just got the worst luck on the length of time selected.

]

So I installed this on a new playthrough today and have Kyne's Parasites and Estrus Charus installed but he parasitic events in the enchanting and tentacle attacks in the ingredients are greyed out. What am I missing here?

Now FEMA is higher in my load order than both EC+ and ES+. I'll try moving it below them to see if that makes a difference and let you know if that helps.

Have you tried disabling the plugins in the mcm - then exit the menu wait 30 secs or so and then go back into the mom and reenable the plugins?

Yes, I first enabled it in the cell at startup and they were grayed out.  Chose the left for dead option then disabled ingredients and alchemy.  Waited 10 minutes then enabled both and still grayed out.

]

Yes, I first enabled it in the cell at startup and they were grayed out.  Chose the left for dead option then disabled ingredients and alchemy.  Waited 10 minutes then enabled both and still grayed out.

Ok - then lets try restarting the Effect Manager to redetect the mods

In the console type:

set fmea_versioneffectmanager to 0

then exit the console, save the game and reload the save

On load you will get the  message "FMEA Effect Manager 1.20" and  any supported mods will be redetected. A message is displayed for any supported mod whose state has changed.

That didn't work either, at the load I get three FMEA messages the first is FMEA Lockpicking 0.00 then I get FMEA Enchanting 0.00 and finally FMEA Ingredients 0.00.  Also since Alchemy appears to have everything working in the MCM I went on a potion making spree in an Inn and other than a ton of spoiled potions I had no other mishaps.  I'm going to go through my mods and remove some and see if that might make a difference.

Thanks for trying to help and if I figure out what the problem was I'll report back.

That didn't work either, at the load I get three FMEA messages the first is FMEA Lockpicking 0.00 then I get FMEA Enchanting 0.00 and finally FMEA Ingredients 0.00.  Also since Alchemy appears to have everything working in the MCM I went on a potion making spree in an Inn and other than a ton of spoiled potions I had no other mishaps.  I'm going to go through my mods and remove some and see if that might make a difference.

Thanks for trying to help and if I figure out what the problem was I'll report back.

Something is definitely not right - you should not see version numbers 0.00

Since this is the only report of any issues with installation I think it would be worth removing FMEA - cleaning the save and then try installing again.

Then if there are still problems post the papyrus log of the install attempt

Actually I think it would be worth removing FMEA - cleaning the save and then installing again

Okay after a cleansave reinstall I click begin to install plugins, exit to mcm to game, see FMEA Alchemy 1.01 then nothing else.  Waited a couple minutes to be safe.  Went back into MCM and only Alchemy is checked, so I do a save at that point.  Loaded that save and no FMEA messages show at startup.  Go to the MCM and check lockpicking.  Exit out of the menus see FMEA Lockpicking enabled.  Do a save/load and see no FMEA messages.  Go to MCM and check Ingredients, exit menus see FMEA Ingredients enabled.  Do a save/load and see no FMEA messages.  Go to MCM, check Enchanting, exit menus see FMEA Enchanting enabled.  Do a save/load and see no FMEA messages.  Go to MCM to check settings and still have tentacle and parasite effects greyed out.  Tested EC+ and tentacles did spawn although the Chaurus kept attacking and I died before verifying pregnancy happened.

Now I did notice that before activating Ingredients and Enchanting, the values though grayed out had default settings showing, but after enabling them the settings went to 0 and still grayed out.

That didn't work either, at the load I get three FMEA messages the first is FMEA Lockpicking 0.00 then I get FMEA Enchanting 0.00 and finally FMEA Ingredients 0.00. Also since Alchemy appears to have everything working in the MCM I went on a potion making spree in an Inn and other than a ton of spoiled potions I had no other mishaps. I'm going to go through my mods and remove some and see if that might make a difference.

Actually I think it would be worth removing FMEA - cleaning the save and then installing again

Okay after a cleansave reinstall I click begin to install plugins, exit to mcm to game, see FMEA Alchemy 1.01 then nothing else. Waited a couple minutes to be safe. Went back into MCM and only Alchemy is checked, so I do a save at that point. Loaded that save and no FMEA messages show at startup. Go to the MCM and check lockpicking. Exit out of the menus see FMEA Lockpicking enabled. Do a save/load and see no FMEA messages. Go to MCM and check Ingredients, exit menus see FMEA Ingredients enabled. Do a save/load and see no FMEA messages. Go to MCM, check Enchanting, exit menus see FMEA Enchanting enabled. Do a save/load and see no FMEA messages. Go to MCM to check settings and still have tentacle and parasite effects greyed out. Tested EC+ and tentacles did spawn although the Chaurus kept attacking and I died before verifying pregnancy happened.

Now I did notice that before activating Ingredients and Enchanting, the values though grayed out had default settings showing, but after enabling them the settings went to 0 and still grayed out.

I think the only way to work out what is going on is to load the clean save and press the button in the fmea mcm to let fmea do its first attempt at installing - then exit and post the papyrus script log - something appears to be seriously wrong with the install process

I think the only way to work out what is going on is to load the clean save and press the button in the fmea mcm to let fmea do its first attempt at installing - then exit and post the papyrus script log - something appears to be seriously wrong with the install process

Here is my papyrus log.

Well there are a load of errors including a lot from  fmea of the type  "cannot initialise variable because script no longer contains that property" errors.

So questions that spring to mind:

Is this a log with fmea removed, installed or reinstalled?

If reinstalled did you clean the save before trying to reinstall fmea?

I just tried out this mod for the very first time (finally :) !). I provoked the alchemy failure effects, burned half of Arcadias shop down, am blinded (blurred vision spell), was arrested (POP) for that and now I wonder what I must do to recover my eyesight again?

Ooooh and by the way: That is exactly the fun that I was missing until now. I like it :D

Here is my papyrus log.

Well there are a load of errors including a lot from  fmea of the type  "cannot initialise variable because script no longer contains that property" errors.

So questions that spring to mind:

Is this a log with fmea removed, installed or reinstalled?

If reinstalled did you clean the save before trying to reinstall fmea?

It was an install on a new game.  But don't worry about trying to figure out what is wrong.  I'm wiping all my mods out and going to redo all my installs.  I'll let you know if a freshly set up game makes a difference.  Thanks for your help.

My alchemy is triggering even when I dont make any potions, just standing on the table make the effects trigger and quiting the alchemy ingredient selection.

Hmmm - not had any other reports of this...

Have you tried disabling alchemy in the mum then save the game, restart skyrim then load the game and wait a minute , finally enable alchemy in the mcm

If that doesn't work you will need to post a papyrus log from when alchemy triggered incorrectly

I hat this FMEA Lockpicking 0.0 too. Only way for me to get rid of this was by disabling the whole DD Mod Family. Dont know which of them exactly conflicted with FMEA. Seems also load order related (first try was putting FMEA on top of the Load order, it worked but saves got corrupted then, om the second try i left FMEA on the bottom and disabled all DD - this did the trick)

I hat this FMEA Lockpicking 0.0 too. Only way for me to get rid of this was by disabling the whole DD Mod Family. Dont know which of them exactly conflicted with FMEA. Seems also load order related (first try was putting FMEA on top of the Load order, it worked but saves got corrupted then, om the second try i left FMEA on the bottom and disabled all DD - this did the trick)

That is strange because FMEA doesn't use Devious Devices atm so there are no references to DD mods - was this a new game or an update from a previous fmea version (or fmea newly installed on a game in progress)

It would be useful see a script log from when this happens

Tried to make a healing potion out of flowers and wheat.

Flowers and wheat mixture fails and blows up whiterun alchemy shop.

10/10

Clearly with your inexperience you accidentally pushed over an explosive concoction that was left on the alchemy table beforehand.

It is important to clear your work surface, learn to do it better next time! Alchemy takes patience and care! Learn from professor Snape!

Enjoying the mod so far, but I seem to have an issue with the lockpicking module. Specifically, it doesn't seem to do anything. So far the rest work, but lockpicking does diddly squat. No effect whatever I change.

Now admittedly, it's installed on a very not clean install and a clustered and chaotic load order of far too many mods, but is there anything in particular that springs to mind that could prevent Lockpicking module from functioning but leave the rest unaffected?

Enjoying the mod so far, but I seem to have an issue with the lockpicking module. Specifically, it doesn't seem to do anything. So far the rest work, but lockpicking does diddly squat. No effect whatever I change.

Now admittedly, it's installed on a very not clean install and a clustered and chaotic load order of far too many mods, but is there anything in particular that springs to mind that could prevent Lockpicking module from functioning but leave the rest unaffected?

Hard to say without seeing a log - something may be interfering with the lockpicking plugin initialising or starting but can't say what without more info.

Which of the options are you using out of  EC+, Simple Slavery, SD,+ XPO with Inte's XPO patch and Kynes' Blessing?

My alchemy is triggering even when I dont make any potions, just standing on the table make the effects trigger and quiting the alchemy ingredient selection.

Hmmm - not had any other reports of this...

Have you tried disabling alchemy in the mum then save the game, restart skyrim then load the game and wait a minute , finally enable alchemy in the mcm

If that doesn't work you will need to post a papyrus log from when alchemy triggered incorrectly

Dont work, I dont tried the others features to see if the same bug happened, I'm currently running a lot of mods, the log is a mess.

thks for the reply.

Papyrus.0.log

A small QOL issue I've noticed with the mod is that if I want to disable individual modules ( I generally use this mod for the lock picking mechanic only) The page's checkboxes become greyed out after I uncheck one of the modules.  This is easily resolved by clicking on another page in the MCM for FMEA and then going back to the main page but I figured I would bring it up.  Otherwise I like the lock mechanic and how there is there is an increasing chance of things to go wrong if i break a pick.  It actually adds some difficulty to my rogue playthru.  I actually wish this kind of mechanic was used for trying to pick locks for Device Devices rather than just a % chance to fail.

That is strange because FMEA doesn't use Devious Devices atm so there are no references to DD mods - was this a new game or an update from a previous fmea version (or fmea newly installed on a game in progress)

It would be useful see a script log from when this happens

Sorry for my late reply. Cant provide any logs (dont know where to find them) but i think i nailed it. Started a new game with some DD Mods activated and got the FMEA lockpicking 0.0 again. I then deactivated Deviously Enslaved Continued, started a new game and FMEA worked. So FMEA and DEC conflict somehow