Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Front bound cuffs feedback:

-Struggle animations seem to be using yoke animations (hands raised and fixed at neck level while struggling) including a several (rather cool!) lying down yoked animations I hadn't seen before, including what looks like a hogtie. Also looks like it has a breast yoke struggle animation in the mix too, but I only got it once and haven't repeated struggling too much because of the 1 hour cooldown.
-Unlock option plays a yoked struggling animation and returns "This device has multiple locks. You do not have the proper keys to unlock all locks of this device." It looks like NumberOfKeysNeeded is set to 2 for the object. It does indeed unlock when I have two keys in inventory, but still plays the yoke struggling animation.
-WASD movement with "weapons" drawn (can't equip weapons while cuffed, just pressing R) seems to be using a breast yoke animation. Attack animations use what looks to be the proper animation. Same for sneaking: Combat sneak = breast yoke while moving, normal sneak = cool new animations.

All in all a nifty addition, and I'm especially excited to have what looks like a way for standard cuffs to be more... "bondage-y" without being a complete gameplay stopper.

New API function for DD content mods, useful for starting device-aware sex scenes:

sslBaseAnimation[] function SelectValidDDAnimations(Actor[] actors, int count, bool forceaggressive = false, string includetag = "")

It's functionally equivalent to the DDI animation filter. Using it for starting animations has the advantage that only animations valid for the worn devices will get picked, and the animation will not have to be replaced by the DDI filter. Which is a much cleaner experience!

Does this function support suppress tags?

Not directly. The suppress tags are calculated depending on the devices worn. Is there a use case for suppress tags other than ruling out invalid animations?

Front bound cuffs feedback:

-Struggle animations seem to be using yoke animations (hands raised and fixed at neck level while struggling) including a several (rather cool!) lying down yoked animations I hadn't seen before, including what looks like a hogtie. Also looks like it has a breast yoke struggle animation in the mix too, but I only got it once and haven't repeated struggling too much because of the 1 hour cooldown.

-Unlock option plays a yoked struggling animation and returns "This device has multiple locks. You do not have the proper keys to unlock all locks of this device." It looks like NumberOfKeysNeeded is set to 2 for the object. It does indeed unlock when I have two keys in inventory, but still plays the yoke struggling animation.

-WASD movement with "weapons" drawn (can't equip weapons while cuffed, just pressing R) seems to be using a breast yoke animation. Attack animations use what looks to be the proper animation. Same for sneaking: Combat sneak = breast yoke while moving, normal sneak = cool new animations.

All in all a nifty addition, and I'm especially excited to have what looks like a way for standard cuffs to be more... "bondage-y" without being a complete gameplay stopper.

Struggle animations aren't implemented yet, they're still using placeholders.

As for the breast yoke AAs, that's something I specifically fixed yesterday, there was an issue with a previous dev build. The problem is that the animations have the same names, modification dates and sizes so mod managers may not be able to regonise them as different files. In order to make sure your files are updated properly, uninstall (important, don't just update/merge) and reinstall your DDi dev build.

Update: I noticed a small issue with h2h animation files. Fixed on the repo. Please make sure to redownload it and completely wipe-uninstall-reinstall your local build and rerun FNIS. This should (hopefully) fix all movement.

I guess I can go through each animation by hand and search for animations with tags I don't want myself if I had to.

But yeah I use suppress tags with regular sexlab all the time (besides using it to work around DDi before this function got put in). Want BDSM scene -> tickle animation randomly selected. Aggressive domination -> foot job. Multiple sex in a row -> last one is foreplay. There are too many animations that don't fit any given context and suppress tags are great for getting rid of stuff that doesn't match the mood. I found I got more animations I wanted, especially for users that have animations I don't, if I use a supresstag chain instead of searching for positive tag multiple times.

For DEC, I add "Solo,Cuddling,Acrobat,Petting,Breastfeeding" for all sex uses right off the bat because of the context. I don't want that one acrobat animation where they do a handstand blowjob to show up for any sex context in this mod, that one tag gets rid of the one on my install and any others that might be in animation packs I don't have.

I don't like hand selecting animations for each scene if I can just supress the types I don't want, hand picking means the users never get to see what they bothered to install.

Hi! I've tried new front cuffs - and I already love them.

And while trying them I've found little problem: if I equip "Prisoner Chains" and then equip "Handcuffs" - they do not equip properly (I can easily unequip as it unlocked), but makes my PC use animations with hands bound behind back (just like armbinder). But if I equip handcuffs first, and try to equip prisoner chains - text "You slip in to the complete set of restraints, sequentially clothing them around your extremeties. As each cuff closes with a soft 'Click', you feel you freedom incrementally slipping away", but nothing happens.

Are those devices incompatible?

I guess I can go through each animation by hand and search for animations with tags I don't want myself if I had to.

But yeah I use suppress tags with regular sexlab all the time (besides using it to work around DDi before this function got put in). Want BDSM scene -> tickle animation randomly selected. Aggressive domination -> foot job. Multiple sex in a row -> last one is foreplay. There are too many animations that don't fit any given context and suppress tags are great for getting rid of stuff that doesn't match the mood. I found I got more animations I wanted, especially for users that have animations I don't, if I use a supresstag chain instead of searching for positive tag multiple times.

For DEC, I add "Solo,Cuddling,Acrobat,Petting,Breastfeeding" for all sex uses right off the bat because of the context. I don't want that one acrobat animation where they do a handstand blowjob to show up for any sex context in this mod, that one tag gets rid of the one on my install and any others that might be in animation packs I don't have.

I don't like hand selecting animations for each scene if I can just supress the types I don't want, hand picking means the users never get to see what they bothered to install.

Okies, I will see if I can add this. :)

It seems that all the new updates are going towards DDi and DDx. Are modder's going to have to their own assets from now on or DDa will have updates once everything is near completion?

Barring unforeseeable circumstances, we don't plan to touch DDA again, ever. There is simply no good reason to. All new items will go into DDX, which has the additional benefit to have all the framework code available.

Zadil did not want anything that he did not create (including retextures of items) in DDA which is why DDX was created. The DD team is simply complying with his wishes.

I haven't seen any animations with the current handcuffs (Iron Handcuffs and Rusty Iron Handcuffs). No idle animation, and I've not found any way to struggle with them (the menu for them just has unlock, and the magic and brute force escape options). This is with (I think) the most updated versions of DDi and DDx (DDi commit 3b04479 and DDx commit 3ff0404), and I have run FNIS a few times. It's also on a relatively fresh game install (only a few days old), although it is heavily modded. Is this normal behavior and those anims haven't been added yet, or should I be seeing something?

I haven't seen any animations with the current handcuffs (Iron Handcuffs and Rusty Iron Handcuffs). No idle animation, and I've not found any way to struggle with them (the menu for them just has unlock, and the magic and brute force escape options). This is with (I think) the most updated versions of DDi and DDx (DDi commit 3b04479 and DDx commit 3ff0404), and I have run FNIS a few times. It's also on a relatively fresh game install (only a few days old), although it is heavily modded. Is this normal behavior and those anims haven't been added yet, or should I be seeing something?

Uninstall the DDi dev build and install it again (important! don't just overwrite the old one, you have to purge it completely), then run FNIS. Also throw away the cuffs you have and get new ones, just to make sure.

FOMOD is confused with DDx 3ff04048c6f2ee93e09e0bda11bfe628cc282c22, asking for data level location. Mod organizer.

Looking at the fast forward, seems all that was changed was some nif files and the esm. Can I just copy those over the old ones from my last DDx install (last week)

FOMOD is confused with DDx 3ff04048c6f2ee93e09e0bda11bfe628cc282c22, asking for data level location. Mod organizer.

Looking at the fast forward, seems all that was changed was some nif files and the esm. Can I just copy those over the old ones from my last DDx install (last week)

If you're going to do that, you probably need to look through the commits and make sure you delete any file that isn't supposed to be there manually.

Character can unlock and remove items despite having an armbinder on if they have keys in inventory. Is that intended behaviour?

No, I just didn't get around to write code to prevent that yet. :)

I may have mentioned this before, there used to be an animation that played that made your player masturbate after removal (there used to be a checkbox in the MCM menu.)

I know it was removed (why?), so I was wondering if you knew any mods that would enable the same thing to happen like it did back then. (I know DCL had an option about being horny and trying to touch yourself when aroused, but that's not exactly the same as what I'm looking for.) As in, remove a belt (especially when plugged), you get a sudden urge to masturbate after removal and immediately do it.

It's gone because it was, first of all, harmful (it would get in the way of scenes and scripted sequences, even our own events) and second of all, should never have been accessible to users. There was no good reason to allow users to have an option practically guaranteed to break something at some point. Things like that should be controlled by third party quests and occur only in clean, controlled conditions.

In other words, the same reasons why we're removing device difficulty controls from MCM n_n

I may have mentioned this before, there used to be an animation that played that made your player masturbate after removal (there used to be a checkbox in the MCM menu.)

Is that function even needed? You can trigger a masturbation Sexlab scene for your character at any time during gameplay by holding the SL Aroused Redux status hotkey (N by default, IIRC) for a second or so. Works even when you're wearing a belt (though thanks to the animation filter I should not really call it "masturbation scene" :lol: )

Is that function even needed? You can trigger a masturbation Sexlab scene for your character at any time during gameplay by holding the SL Aroused Redux status hotkey (N by default, IIRC) for a second or so. Works even when you're wearing a belt (though thanks to the animation filter I should not really call it "masturbation scene" :lol: )

I didn't know that.

I tested it and it worked brilliantly! Now I can continue how it was before (although having to hold N is a bit of a pain, but hey, it's worth it if it does what I want it to do! XD!)

---

But one problem/annoyance has arose: The masturbation noises while gagged aren't like they were before. If anything, it's almost like they're using the ungagged noises, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

I've noticed this since the last beta update, maybe even before! Can you (the DD team) please look into this?

I've looked at the sounds within the file structure around sexlab and DD, and the old noises are there, and when looked at with TES5Edit, I couldn't find any problems whatsoever, which is really strange.

Another problem: Under the polling options (for stuff like vibrations, and other notices), there is nothing there.

Absolutely nothing.

Is this intentional, or is it actually a bug? Or am I needing certain files that were removed?

I believe Kimy said all the DD options are getting removed so that it is controlled by the mod authors and their options. We're evolving I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Now quiet! My Charamander is evolving and water stones don't grow on trees you know.

Another problem: Under the polling options (for stuff like vibrations, and other notices), there is nothing there.

Absolutely nothing.

Is this intentional, or is it actually a bug? Or am I needing certain files that were removed?

I believe Kimy said all the DD options are getting removed so that it is controlled by the mod authors and their options. We're evolving I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Now quiet! My Charamander is evolving and water stones don't grow on trees you know.

First, I have a bad memory, and don't always pay attention to that sort of stuff.

And that idea sucks. A lot of it made the game more enjoyable. With it gone, it ruins immersion.

Second, Charmander doesn't need a Water Stone to evolve in ANY of its forms! (Coming from someone who plays Pokemon a lot! XD!)

We have absolutely no plans to remove the event system, including its MCM settings, as it's for the most part purely cosmetic and doesn't influence device difficulty.

The polling options are generated upon mod initialization, which means after the first reload of a save game. It's quite normal that they aren't there when starting a completely fresh game.