Converting my Sexy Vampire Lord to SSE

Heyo everyone,

I finally decided it was time to start working on my VL again, since SSE just got released.  So far I've been able to convert my original over 100%, but I feel that its pretty outdated.  Plus there's tons of bloat files, that are unnecessary.  This time around I plan to make it for both CBBE and UUNP with a working weight slider.

If anyone has any suggestions for a good armor/clothes to use as a base, now would be the time to give me your ideas (that way I can get in line to ask for permission ^^)  :D  Also a good base for the horns, and wings is alway good as well.

I don't plan on making to many variations, but I do plan on making it as easy as possible to interchange.  When I picked up my old work, I was like "Geezius this is a nightmare, how do I expect any novice modder to make sense out of this??"  I plan to make a very detailed guide for anyone who wants to be able to change parts out.

The only thing keeping this project behind a bit is obviously waiting for animation support.  I wouldn't also mind having the SSE CK as well, just to make sure there's nothing out of place.

Here's a vid of the original mod working in SSE:

This was some testing I did using some of the work Shaydow had done as a variation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7UCWyfQno&feature=youtu.be&t=3m58s

The biggest thing I was able to solve was the custom race issue.  The race used in the video is a custom race, with a custom head mesh.

Either case, I posted this to see how much interest there is in such a thing.  I know I can't play a vampire lord that looks as bad as the default does.  It doesn't really scream 'superiority' to savage blooded vampires.

Also, because it'll use a CBBE and UUNP base, I'm obviously going to wait until Caliente and Ousnius have released the new one :D

I tried the same thing last night, updating a custom Shaydow's VL.... what a headfreeze.

Yes, I'd be very interested. I used the forest wings from Animated Dragon Wings and Born Dragon Skin. The armor you used looks good, very primal, an Ancient Vampire. 

I'd love to see this mod, particularly using Shaydow's as inspiration.  Your mod as inspiration (thank you for making the VL sexy)

here is the only pic I could find, early version, without the dragon skin:

post-120695-0-49489200-1425903080_thumb.jpg

for armor; things with dominatrix styled straps, chrome and leather, or bone and chain, very in-your-face revealing. Could even be futa transformation, bi-sexual, asexually self-spawning all sorts of minion (there's a kinky shout/spell for Beeing Female). There are some other nice examples in Shaydow's thread.

Shaydow's VL sadly won't work the same without the custom animation files.  That's truly where his mod shines.  He used my work as a basis to make his, after all.

In terms of the wings, the animated is a good choice.  The armor I used in the old one is Succubus armor by Zotman12.

Glad to see there is some interest.  I plan to do more work on it later today.

Just to say that looks amazing, I am not quite the perfectionist.  Is there a particular body bod required or was that the vanilla body?  I am currently only playing SSE on XB1 as I am waiting for  SKSE and FNIS before I'll bother playing it on PC will stick to the normal skyrim if I want to play something heavily modded.

@Silvist, Thanks for the great work, (edited my original post, for proper credit). 

Rumor has it that their may be a .hkx updater in the creation kit, will have to rummage around see what we can find. But, I ended up adding/mixing other animations from other mods into my VL build. Only a few of Shaydow's remained..  There are some nice animations in legacy Skyrim, particularly many magic casting animations or melee animations (if they can be converted to SE) . 

This is a surprisingly popular mod idea. The trouble originally was peeps were not able to mod-tinker a workable result. It will definitely become popular for the vampire Cults of Skyrim. Playing vanilla VL is a little cheezy, imo. 

Maybe some of us can do "builds" that can parallel, using your base work. Similar to how BS does different body build, presets. This way we can post dependencies and procedures on how to get your base mod customized.   

Thanks guys!  Yes, I've heard the same thing regarding the updater for hkx.  

Though....having worked a bit with hkx I can tell you its a huge pain.  So unless the tool directly updates the hkx, it'll be really annoying.  Basically to modify most hkx you have to extract a file called the "kf".  

This format is usable other 3d programs such as 3ds max, allowing a modder to import an animation and look at it frame by frame.  This frame by frame comparison is a "job" that people have in lots of industries called "key framing".  Just look at LOTR Gollum.  His facial expressions probably took thousands upon thousands of keyframes >.<

Before I stopped working on my VL project, I had used a 3d party program to extract the kf in order to see if I could edit the vampire lord animations to fit the player skeleton.  Needless to say I didn't have enough experience working with all of that, and really all I could see was how difficult it was going to be.  This was where Shaydow came up with the idea of replacing the original VL animations, with animations already rigged to the player skeleton.

I've never had any problem with anyone using my work, and even uploading it.  Long as they give proper credits.

Either case, my original idea was far beyond what I achieved.  I originally wanted to completely get rid of the stupid interface your stuck in for the VL.  Which is pretty much the "vampirelordquest" script.   I've tried tinkering with the script to see what I could exactly change, but again to no avail.

I basically wanted to just create a transformation, where you could still behave like a player.  As in have a map, inventory, loot, and even change gear.  This was done to a degree with some great werewolf mods out there, but they never fully unlocked all functions.  The werewolf script and the vampire script are pretty much identical, which is why both can be modified similarly.

So ideally I wanted a transformation where you had still the flight mode, and the ground mode.  Though, it was pretty much tied to the script; unless a completely new one was made.

@rkoelsch1 - The body in the first clip is actually part of my old ADEC version of the VL, a body that isn't really used anymore sadly.  Since I'm an active CBBE and UUNP user, I plan to set the base up for both.  Especially now that we have bodyslide working for both :D

Thank you for the kind words everyone!  

I got some huge news!  Thanks to all the tools out as of now, take a look at this:

In case you didn't notice, the face (besides the stupid eyes) is exactly the same as the race prior to transforming.  This race is a "custom race", and notice no head bugs.  I was able to convert over all the animations Shaydow used in his original mod as well.  I also was able to get the animated wings working as well.  I realize its not as pretty without ENB, but I just wanted you guys to get a taste :D

This is not the armor I'm planning to use, its just a place holder atm.  Same with the body, it'll be updated once the CBBE/UUNP is out :D

Also in case you want to see proof of it being in SSE, and working on a custom race I posted a longer vid here:

Excellent, I always had trouble with the sprint (hover flying) the wings would open up, but animations and movement were buggy. If you get permissions from "animated dragon wings", or use as a dependency. You might consider -- real flying for VL, as is featured in animated dragon wings.

edit, regarding previous comment, a new spell as a bound bow, with a fiery glow. Flying would take dragon battles to a new level, literally . Would need a demonic ward (Blood Ward -- Vampiric Thirst?) of some sort to protect against fire breathers.

@Crusher - I've actually made my own custom bound spells.  I actually made it on LL, but nobody seemed interested lol.  I basically made every element, including poison and had them all scale to destruction magic.  So that shouldn't be hard to do.  In fact the best example of something like that is an old mod called "arcane archery", I learned a ton about effects from that mod :D

strike while the iron is hot. Nexus is buzzing and a PG rated version of VL for bethesda.com would definitely attract attention from console users likewise.  

edit; Add some sexy marketing and a catchy name to spark interest -- Arcane Vampire Lord, Cults of Skyrim... something like that, but bewbie bait for da bubbas always works. 

@Crusher - lol, I'm not actually one for popularity.  Anytime you become well known it makes it very hard to disappear when you need to.  I prefer it that way.  When I get a testable version ready, I will surely share it in this thread ;D

Will definitely be keeping my eye on this mod, as you are doing a really fantastic job and I can't wait to see the end results . I have been looking for a good VL transformation for god knows how long. Hopefully when you are done I'll be able to wrap my head around how to swap the pieces around (I really want the Blade & Soul Infernal Armour with the More Draconic Dragon Aspect wing to make my VL look well, more Dragon like) as I can't make heads nor tails when it comes to attempting to mod. Oh a quick question - will you be doing a male counterpart to go with this mod?

@Dbruto99 - Yea, my original mod had a male counterpart.  Albeit I didn't put as much effort into it as I did the female side.  I plan to make it very easy to swap pieces out, and I'll try to make very clear and simple steps on how to do this.

I finally had some time to mess around yesterday, but ran into some odd problems.  Its not really related to my mod, but more so vampires.  As you know I wanted this to work with custom races as well, especially since I only use custom races.  

The issue is again, very odd.  Basically instead of cheating to get to the vampire lord section, my current play through got me to this point.  The first thing was when Harkon infected me, my custom race became a full fledged vampire lord.  As in even my eyes were replaced by the dawnguard style eyes.  

So at first I was like "holy crap I finally got a custom race to work perfectly with the game".  Then I tried the same thing on a different custom race, and the results were completely different.  The issue is not having powers or a vampire lord form, its more not being recognized by the npcs as part of the vampire faction.

I've made custom races since the release of the original Skyrim, so I'm sure I know what requires this to happen.  Oddly enough again, I reloaded my original character who worked properly and tried to get infected again.  This time, it didn't work like before.  So I loaded back to the save where my character was actually infected and registered by npcs...and that save works fine.

The only possible explanation I can think of is either my load order (something conflicting with vampire lord stuff), something changed with the game scripts in SSE, or some kind of mod residual is interfering.  

But despite all that, the vampire lord transformation still works properly.  I even tested it with Better Vampires, and it worked fine.  I did notice that the custom animations used for the VL still looks a little odd, compared to old skyrim.  This could be due to the fact fnis just was released (needs more polish), and or we need our HDT physics back.  

I noticed the same thing with some custom animations I converted over from old skyrim, where the arms looked sort of deformed.  I obviously made sure to tick the "arm" fix in fnis, and that didn't seem to change it.

I could release this mod for you guys to play around with, but I still have yet to decide on what armor/clothes to use for the VL.  Which is why i asked for your suggestions.  Keep in mind this armor/clothes will have to be something I can actually get permission to use.

Speaking of permissions I talked to Anton, the creator of the animated dragon wings, and he's completely fine with me using his work in my mod.

New Millers Succubus Bikini - Black Snake or Red Snake variant for the armor.

49535-3-1388874278.jpg

This image is from the Sevenbase version off of Nexus... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49535/?

I've seen copies of it for Sevenbase, UNP, UUNP, and somewhere out there is a copy for CBBE.

With all the little steel spikes in the boots, bra, belt, and gauntlets it would make for a wicked VL armor.

Maybe also point the Alduin wings to a different texture path and use one of the darker Alduin retextures.

54070-2-1400583774.jpg

More Dramatic Alduin Retexture - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54070/?

With a darker texture (along with maybe the red sub sets within the wings) it works well with either the Black or Red version of New Millers outfit.

post-321913-0-14635300-1478663922_thumb.jpg

In Game shot of my character a long time ago in 32bit skyrim. Note the wings and horns were from the alufiend mod, but also included in the shot are the restrictive bits from Devious devices)

Yes, this is a mod.  My original is here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1245-custom-vampire-lord/

@BringtheNoise - Nice suggestions.  If there is that many different versions out there, that could be good for when I release the CBBE/UUNP versions.  Do you know if there is any created for bodyslide?  Sadly, I've never converted an armor to be used with bodyslide.  So I have no experience in this.

It would be great if when I release the CBBE/UUNP versions, the armor used could be tossed into bodyslide so people can have the exact body type they prefer.

Yes, this is a mod.  My original is here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1245-custom-vampire-lord/

@BringtheNoise - Nice suggestions.  If there is that many different versions out there, that could be good for when I release the CBBE/UUNP versions.  Do you know if there is any created for bodyslide?  Sadly, I've never converted an armor to be used with bodyslide.  So I have no experience in this.

It would be great if when I release the CBBE/UUNP versions, the armor used could be tossed into bodyslide so people can have the exact body type they prefer.

I had already found it, but thanks for answering.  :)

Shaydow's VL sadly won't work the same without the custom animation files.  That's truly where his mod shines.  He used my work as a basis to make his, after all.

In terms of the wings, the animated is a good choice.  The armor I used in the old one is Succubus armor by Zotman12.

Glad to see there is some interest.  I plan to do more work on it later today.

I remember your mod. It has always been a go to mod for me even if it has been eclipsed by time this mod provided many an enjoyable hour mucking about skyrim in VL form.

Very glad to see you making this for SSE, thank you.

@Dbruto99 - Yea, my original mod had a male counterpart.  Albeit I didn't put as much effort into it as I did the female side.  I plan to make it very easy to swap pieces out, and I'll try to make very clear and simple steps on how to do this.

I finally had some time to mess around yesterday, but ran into some odd problems.  Its not really related to my mod, but more so vampires.  As you know I wanted this to work with custom races as well, especially since I only use custom races.  

The issue is again, very odd.  Basically instead of cheating to get to the vampire lord section, my current play through got me to this point.  The first thing was when Harkon infected me, my custom race became a full fledged vampire lord.  As in even my eyes were replaced by the dawnguard style eyes.  

So at first I was like "holy crap I finally got a custom race to work perfectly with the game".  Then I tried the same thing on a different custom race, and the results were completely different.  The issue is not having powers or a vampire lord form, its more not being recognized by the npcs as part of the vampire faction.

I've made custom races since the release of the original Skyrim, so I'm sure I know what requires this to happen.  Oddly enough again, I reloaded my original character who worked properly and tried to get infected again.  This time, it didn't work like before.  So I loaded back to the save where my character was actually infected and registered by npcs...and that save works fine.

The only possible explanation I can think of is either my load order (something conflicting with vampire lord stuff), something changed with the game scripts in SSE, or some kind of mod residual is interfering.  

But despite all that, the vampire lord transformation still works properly.  I even tested it with Better Vampires, and it worked fine.  I did notice that the custom animations used for the VL still looks a little odd, compared to old skyrim.  This could be due to the fact fnis just was released (needs more polish), and or we need our HDT physics back.  

I noticed the same thing with some custom animations I converted over from old skyrim, where the arms looked sort of deformed.  I obviously made sure to tick the "arm" fix in fnis, and that didn't seem to change it.

I could release this mod for you guys to play around with, but I still have yet to decide on what armor/clothes to use for the VL.  Which is why i asked for your suggestions.  Keep in mind this armor/clothes will have to be something I can actually get permission to use.

Speaking of permissions I talked to Anton, the creator of the animated dragon wings, and he's completely fine with me using his work in my mod.

is this of any help?.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3258/?

Cut and paste of mod description

Requires 

-Dawnguard DLC 

this is for modders who want a simple solution for console custom race porting scripts of course it wont work for ps4 cause of the custom scripts and the fact that i dont think there are going to be any true custom races on ps4 

-just follow the changes i made and youll be able to play custom races as vampires and vampire lords 

-i even added a template in this to show how and where to make it so the db questline can be finished without issues 

-just use your custom race and change the custom script name aaaCustomRace and aaaCustomRaceVampire to your custom races names and then it should be good to go for xbox one at least 

this is for those who would like to be able to create custom races that can do the vampire lord questline and be proper vampires without problems   

Just to be clear I am not the author but it might give you a clue how to fix your issues with customer races.     And while this was targeted for creators making xbone mods I imagine it can be adapted to your needs.

I am very glad to see you working on this mod again. I spent so long in Skyrim looking for some for of replacement for the aweful VL look. Your mod brought me alot of enjoyable hours as one ^^. I've just got SSE myself and have been playing again though my Surface isnt really up to the task so I'm getting an Xbone soon. I did want to ask if it was possibly for you to make a tamed enough version for the Xbone users? I know alot of people would play VL more with access to this hehe.