SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

1 hour ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

@DeepBlueFrog  on some later stages of flareups/transformation  how feasible is it to have the player get cocooned for say a hour or so with lighting effects  to make it feel like their transforming.

reminder that some users (like me) decrease game time speed, so an hour of doing nothing might be a tad too much....

On 3/26/2021 at 11:07 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Very doable.. I am using a cocoon animation from ZAZ already for one of the acid attacks.

The problem is to not interfere with what is happening around.. I don't want to force a cocoon on the player while in the middle of a quest or in town for example.

I mean, if I could put my 2c in. If you make it configurable in the mcm I dont see an issue. 

Have I misunderstood something? Spoke to Danica and went to Blackreach for the Crimson Nirns and the spore infection etc. Got the ingredients and infected by a face-hugger which I took to be the required spore infection and returned to Danica. Danica has no new dialogue options.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Have I misunderstood something? Spoke to Danica and went to Blackreach for the Crimson Nirns and the spore infection etc. Got the ingredients and infected by a face-hugger which I took to be the required spore infection and returned to Danica. Danica has no new dialogue options.

The Spore infection is the Barnacle parasite. I need to go back and change the name at some point.

24 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

All this stop-start is killing this mod for me.

Got the spore infection in Blackreach and returned to Whiterun. Spoke to Danica who said meet me in the sanctuary to begin the ritual and then walked out of the door. I go downstairs and wait but she doesn't show.

I have been having issues with her other AI packages interfering with that scene. I am still working on a solution.

Are you using the LE or SE version?

7 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I have been having issues with her other AI packages interfering with that scene. I am still working on a solution.

Are you using the LE or SE version?

It's LE but I managed to get through it by using 'wait'. First hour did nothing but after the second hour Danica popped in, started the ritual and several lines of text appeared on screen (journal entry type stuff).

Next problem is this:

813412154_KynesBlessing.jpg.208ca9347d428d2f76d72785be9623c3.jpg

Looks like your CBBE or vanilla on my UUNP so I'll have a look at the folder structure and see what I can do. Not sure what it should look like though. What are those button things? I got a message about the stone(?) sending a shoot between my legs or something then a visual effect followed be the above texture mess.

20 minutes ago, damaskos said:

How complete the main quest is now?

The main quest is complete for LE.

SE is still at an earlier version and hasn't been converted to the latest version yet.

I still have to flesh out the two tentacle/living armor parasites but that's separate from the main quest.

9 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The main quest is complete for LE.

SE is still at an earlier version and hasn't been converted to the latest version yet.

I still have to flesh out the two tentacle/living armor parasites but that's separate from the main quest.

That's great!

Do I start it by getting a parasite or talking to a certain NPC?

On 3/27/2021 at 12:50 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

It would be good to add some effects to the Barnacles. I am not sure about slime but I will think of something. Spores maybe...

Little spiders and webs would be too much to do well.. but I can add something about forcing the player to have a birth scene with the spider eggs if they go for too long without sex with another spider.

For spiders, with the egg sacs deposited by the PC and the spider after the sexual act; you could do as for estrus chaurus. After a while, small spiders come out of the bag.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:07 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Very doable.. I am using a cocoon animation from ZAZ already for one of the acid attacks.

The problem is to not interfere with what is happening around.. I don't want to force a cocoon on the player while in the middle of a quest or in town for example.

That's a very logical thing and I'll be honest, I would want to see the coccoon thing to show you evolving to be more and more chaurus, to become the chaurus queen. But having it happen mid fight, in town or in the middle of a quest would be a bad idea.

Actually a thought on that, when you fully become queen, I wonder if you'd put victims in them to become part of your chaurus hive or use one yourself if you decided to try to keep 'evolving' (or get trapped in by chaurus who want you to be more chaurus)... hmm...

1 minute ago, skyrimdragon said:

That's a very logical thing and I'll be honest, I would want to see the coccoon thing to show you evolving to be more and more chaurus, to become the chaurus queen.

Sounds extremely boring to me. What is the point of sitting watching a cocoon?

Its the effect that makes it more role play, makes you feel like your actually becoming something.  Instead of,  oh here's Armor wear it if you want too and bam you a chaurus queen.  Instead of hey whats happening to my character oh will you look at that I evolved,  and when you want to remove your new form maybe a molt so you look human.  But these are my thoughts and opinions to make a rpg more interesting.  It's up to OA to decide how he wants it,  as a new mod author  I will say everyone has a vision of how to make something.  Sorry for the rant but wanted to state my opinion on this idea since I suggested it.

4 minutes ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

Its the effect that makes it more role play, makes you feel like your actually becoming something.  Instead of,  oh here's Armor wear it if you want too and bam you a chaurus queen.  Instead of hey whats happening to my character oh will you look at that I evolved,  and when you want to remove your new form maybe a molt so you look human.  But these are my thoughts and opinions to make a rpg more interesting.  It's up to OA to decide how he wants it,  as a new mod author  I will say everyone has a vision of how to make something.  Sorry for the rant but wanted to state my opinion on this idea since I suggested it.

And honestly it was a good suggestion! It is stuff like that which kinda adds to the concept of 'story' and 'actual development'... that sort of thing definitely appeals and can also have it's own interesting bits (and risks).

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I've been talking to the avatar and have done the spider and the chaurus. I'm now supposed to stand in front of the avatar wearing my chaurus armour and mask. What chaurus armour and mask?

I wasn't very clear in the quest objectives.. you need to use the Chaurus Spawn power once and transmute Chaurus eggs in order to get the powers for the mask and armor.