LoversLab T-Shirt Collection

This is actually an idea by Lolerzness who brought up the subject of fashionable garb imprinted with designs advertising our beloved site.

Originally conceived as mere 'trolling material' for screenshots to be posted on sites not overly fond of LoversLab, I find there's great potential for a collection of nice and funny clothing with an attitude. Might even draw in new members if such shots surface on Oblivion image boards.

I immediately made a tentative first version/'prototype' using the only modern-looking shirt that came to my mind, found in 2pac4eva7's legendary 'Double Melons Wardrobe', featuring just a simple heart & logo design:

LLShirt2.jpg

LLShirtSmall.jpg

Grumpf naturallly thought of a CLS shirt. This one gave me somehow more trouble than the first design because of the chest vertices nastily distorting the texture. I fiddled around with practically every single letter of the slogan, trying to eliminate those stupid distortion effects.

It's still far from acceptable, but a starting point nevertheless:

CLS1Small.jpg

CLS2Small.jpg

An ever-expanding series of LoversLab-themed clothing items could be the outcome, with funny stuff written all over them, naughty one-liners, innuendo-laden quips and slogans referring and alluding to this forum, 'Lovers With PK' and adult Oblivion gaming in general.

The shirt used isn't really the cream of the crop (no offense to whoever made the mesh), but I don't really know what shirts to use.

So if anybody has information on modern-day clothes mods containing simple shirts, flashy tanktops or other such garments - I'd appreciate if you can point me in the right direction (I'll certainly start searching for them on my own as well). Though any bust size is imaginable, my hope is non-DMRA might have a less distorting effect on the textures. Or is it a general quirk of mesh/vertex quality? Input is most welcome, also on possible designs. Already got some vague ideas. Remember 'Killer 7'? Its character 'Travis Bell' wore many funny & sexy shirts as his trademark.

This project could be a collaborative effort for anybody willing to contribute ideas, textures, whatever. For fun and the glory of LoversLab!

Hey thanks!

There are several 3D mesh artists here that can fix the shirt for you. I can too but for whatever reason I suck at exporting it.

What you want is for someone to increase the number of vertices on the boobs for smoother effect in the textures. Then it'll be "naturally" distorted. The other possibility is to change the UV mapping and create a UVmap for you to paint on.

That I can do for you and I can even change the mapping but someone will have to fix my export (My Friend Oldwolf58 did it for me all the time).

Can you post the .nif here ?

Cheers!

Wow, awesome input! Thanks, guys! Here is the Nif of the DMRA shirt: http://www.mediafire.com/?etn26vz428t5dw0 (Nif only, no textures)

Modder-specific shirts for each prominent LL member is a great idea, Ark! The shirt size itself is symbolic for the corresponding modder's work. Triratna's for example will naturally be AA-cup size... DMRA for Patzy and Thorazine. But I imagine the Mhia shirt will also be very nice :heart:.

I wonder what Jerbsinator's shirt will be? Oh, there are two suitable shirts included in the 'Mega Oppai Costume Set' I just noticed...

The CLS one was actually the first time ever I exported a UV map. All I did before was editing/recolouring existing textures, using what was already there as guidelines. The little collection included in the 'Double Melons Wardrobe' in fact makes use of the concept, with funny lines like "Are you staring at my shirt or just reading my boobs?", but they are distorted as well and are just the slogan without any graphical elements.

Initially I wanted to expand the design to backside prints. With this particular shirt it's practically impossible (yet I tried for some time) since the texture is joined at the back. Placing two halves of a design sure is possible - seamlessly combining them is the problem here, it made me pull out my hair until I abandoned the idea for now. Shirts with their texture seams on the sides will be the only choice for functional backside prints - if there are any such clothes.

Wow' date=' awesome input! Thanks, guys! Here is the Nif of the DMRA shirt: http://www.mediafire.com/?etn26vz428t5dw0 (Nif only, no textures)

Modder-specific shirts for each prominent LL member is a great idea, Ark! The shirt [i']size[/i] itself is symbolic for the corresponding modder's work. Triratna's for example will naturally be AA-cup size... DMRA for Patzy and Thorazine. But I imagine the Mhia shirt will also be very nice :heart:.

I wonder what Jerbsinator's shirt will be? Oh, there are two suitable shirts included in the 'Mega Oppai Costume Set' I just noticed...

The CLS one was actually the first time ever I exported a UV map. All I did before was editing/recolouring existing textures, using what was already there as guidelines. The little collection included in the 'Double Melons Wardrobe' in fact makes use of the concept, with funny lines like "Are you staring at my shirt or just reading my boobs?", but they are distorted as well and are just the slogan without any graphical elements.

Initially I wanted to expand the design to backside prints. With this particular shirt it's practically impossible (yet I tried for some time) since the texture is joined at the back. Placing two halves of a design sure is possible - seamlessly combining them is the problem here, it made me pull out my hair until I abandoned the idea for now. Shirts with their texture seams on the sides will be the only choice for functional backside prints - if there are any such clothes.

Here's the shirt with an increased poly for the logo/slogan area and a sample texture using my logo. If you have a problem with UV distortion send me a dds file with the problem and I can quickly realign the uv map to fix it if the problem is with this mesh. If you have any new shirts you want to work with it's best if you send me a mesh and the dds with the logo/slogan so I can re-vertex and realign the UV all at once. Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zvzjzrm96geywaf

Thank you very much, Oldwolf (and Grumpf as well)! Outstanding work, it looks as if the vertex count has been more than doubled.

I'm going to redo the first two shirts with this advanced mesh.

And I'll start brainstorming for the general LL shirts and the modder-specific ones. A few of my first ideas I find rather cute.

This has quickly evolved from a side note/by-product of the 'Problems With Nexus' thread to a real and interesting project!

Ok Perfect. We need two small adjustements. I can do them but I'll fuck up the export so I'll let the expert (yes yes, it's you Oldwolf) do it.

Main UVW needs to be put a little bit higher on the grid (no need to adjust the size) and we have a small issue here: But I don't know what it is and it could probably be left like that.

Since you're at it, add a NiAlphaProperty to the shirt to allow some wear and tear or lace or whatever... Later we can experiment with Hair, making the shirt fur like for some velvet effect!

taospx.jpg

246wevl.jpg

*desserves, too late to correct it now :)

Ok you'll find 3 shirts in this 7zip. The original I did with the UV realignment to prevent the clipping. An ISO version that I don't advise for use and an overlay version which is the one I DO reccomend. All three have alpha blending added but currently unflagged and all have the UV map realignments.

Jeez, I don't understand half of this tech talk... :)

When remaking the texture for the standard LL shirt, I noticed some weird lines which are neither part of the colour nor normal map.

They are also not found in either texture's alpha channel. What could be the cause of this? Is it something in the mesh itself?

ShirtStripes.jpg

I somehow can't get rid of the tiny white triangle at the back of the neck seam!

Nevertheless, I've got a new version of the shirt and the 'Kharamel Twins' just love it:

TwinsSmall.jpg

Let's see what happens if I use one of your improved meshes... Thanks for supporting me with your knowledge and experience!

Edit: Now I see what you did there and understand the other half of the mentioned technical stuff! Excellent idea with the overlay for the logo/slogan area. It should make generating colour variants a breeze with an alpha transparency around the logo. Weird stripes are also gone.

Jeez' date=' I don't understand half of this tech talk... :)

When remaking the texture for the standard LL shirt, I noticed some weird lines which are neither part of the colour nor normal map.

They are also not found in either texture's alpha channel. What could be the cause of this? Is it something in the mesh itself?

[img']http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii611/ptthecomicfreak/Tech%20Shots/ShirtStripes.jpg[/img]

I somehow can't get rid of the tiny white triangle at the back of the neck seam!

Nevertheless, I've got a new version of the shirt and the 'Kharamel Twins' just love it:

TwinsSmall.jpg

Let's see what happens if I use one of your improved meshes... Thanks for supporting me with your knowledge and experience!

The lines were caused by the uv map alignment. If you upload that dds file for the LL shirt I can realign the uv specially for that file. With the overlay version you set the t-shirt texture to whatever shirt you want. Then you can use the T-ShirtLogo to quickly change from one slogan or logo to the another with the same shirt. Upload the DDS for the LL shirt and I'll fix it real quick.

Here is the file, took a while. Another upload, a huge file requested in another thread, made it go very slow.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r2qyi5aumb2yp45

I've remade the texture again using the new UV map, but I haven't added the blue borders yet, they are quite different to previous versions. Included are the normal map and the layered PSD in case you can use them to optimize the T-shirt's look even more, Oldwolf.

The textures are also excessively large at 2048 px, maybe you decide to scale them down, it's up to you.

Good idea, Lolerz! Something like this below will make you soon join the literally exclusive club on that site...

I am a member for more than half a year now ('The Banned Badasses').

I was right there too :)

When you have a good result, I'll post templates for the UVWmap so it'll be easy to fill.

We can then make a little tutorial and then T-Shirt contest!!!

As much as a dds with giant black border will compress very well, it'll be nicer to redraw the UV map of the logo to fit the texture grid. I suggest to make a 2 by 1 as it is supported by the engine.

So I'll make templates of 2024X1024 for the logo and 512X512 for the shirt itself.

If we can use the gimp with command line, we can even make a little utility to do everything automatically :)