Scent of Sex - Sex Rules Exchange

For geraldofrivia & Nazzzgul666...

Conditions as:

- Source as non-follower female NPC

- Target as player, source will initiate dialogue as I give the player a chance to say no.

- animation only included two kiss animation.

- Filter condition set to arousal > 50

Feel free (and I am expecting you) to make changes...

The whole point is that locations don't work. It's not that i'm unable to create other rules which work.

thank you both of you.

i'm gonna try both rules

one more time i thanks!

Like mentioned, the rule didn't work as expected, it keeps saying bad location. :( I've only tried the sleeping giant, though, if you feel lucky you can try other inns of course. Might help to hunt the problem.

I'm trying to figure out how relationships work. I'm trying to get npc spouses to have sex with each other. I've had the target as generic and specific and the source as relationship previous and I get no sources error. I've tried the other way around with target as relationship next and source as generic and specific. I've tried different relationship types and none work. I then switch the relationship to just generic or specific and that works. What am I missing?

I'm trying to figure out how relationships work. I'm trying to get npc spouses to have sex with each other. I've had the target as generic and specific and the source as relationship previous and I get no sources error. I've tried the other way around with target as relationship next and source as generic and specific. I've tried different relationship types and none work. I then switch the relationship to just generic or specific and that works. What am I missing?

Probably you are missing nothing.

The relationship relies on an actual relationship defined in the CK between the actors.

And many vanilla actors, also if they look like in relationship they do not have one defined. (For example Saadia in Bannered Mare calls Hulda "mum" but there is no such relationship between them.)

In version 1.4 I will add a way to check visually the actual relationship between actors, and maybe a way to add one.

For geraldofrivia & Nazzzgul666...

Conditions as:

- Source as non-follower female NPC

- Target as player, source will initiate dialogue as I give the player a chance to say no.

- animation only included two kiss animation.

- Filter condition set to arousal > 50

Feel free (and I am expecting you) to make changes...

The whole point is that locations don't work. It's not that i'm unable to create other rules which work.

thank you both of you.

i'm gonna try both rules

one more time i thanks!

Like mentioned, the rule didn't work as expected, it keeps saying bad location. :( I've only tried the sleeping giant, though, if you feel lucky you can try other inns of course. Might help to hunt the problem.

Like I said...if you are stuck with the "bad location" error loop.  You are stuck (and your save file is toasted i.e. no location rule will work anymore).  If you have any doubt...try using a save game BEFORE you have SSX installed.  Go to any Inn "cell", and install and initiated SSX.  Then create your own rule with location "inn" and see the rule will trigger just fine.

The biggest problem with SSX right now is that certain conditions (in my case "bad location loop" and wearable can cause "you cannot unequip this item" bug) can trigger persistent error that will bake into your save game.  The best I can do is to try document the conditions that trigger the bug and report to CPU.

My bad if I sounded pushy.  Take your time.  Many thanks for your support.

You were not pushy.

I just don't want to give false expectations on what I am doing.

Here's a simple random sex rule for bandits, among themselves.  It triggers in any location flagged as a bandit camp, Forsworn camp, or Draugr crypt (where bandits often roam), bearing in mind that there is a supposed bug with locations in the current version -- it works fine on an initial game start, which is when I tested it, and should work automatically when the bug is fixed.

Since we don't have an "inclusive" rule on factions, I unfortunately can't limit the source/asker to bandits only, but in my experience a hostile player was never asked for sex, random NPCs never asked the player to screw around just because they're in proximity to a bandit camp, and when playing with Live Another Life as a bandit, the bandits would merrily seduce each other just as often or even more often than the player.

This is definitely an "emergent" rule -- it works fine out of the box, to have bandits playing nice with each other, but I presume also works with slavery mods and the like, having bandits seeking you out to satisfy their needs whenever they need to.

Bandits prefer their sexual preferences, and have an Arousal 50 threshold, but the arousal of the person they ask doesn't matter to them.  There is a "Sometimes" throw for aggression and a "Sometimes" throw for selfplay whenever you refuse -- my character was propositioned by the big bisexual warrior female of her bandit clan (luck of the random draw from SSL), and since my character was a female herself she said no.  Chastened, the poor big warrior plopped down on the ground for a public show instead.  (Which, incidentally, also increased the arousal of the onlookers...)

And many vanilla actors, also if they look like in relationship they do not have one defined. (For example Saadia in Bannered Mare calls Hulda "mum" but there is no such relationship between them.)

That's a British "mum", though -- a diminution of "madam". =)  Redguards in the lore tend to use honorifics when dealing with their social betters or even equals -- a particular irony in her case, of course -- but most of the prior games merely used "sera".

anteSSXBanditToys.json

...Since we don't have an "inclusive" rule on factions, I unfortunately can't limit the source/asker to bandits only...

Yes, you can have a position that is filled by factions.

When editing the position just select "Faction" and then pick the faction(s) you like.

My bad if I sounded pushy.  Take your time.  Many thanks for your support.

You were not pushy.

I just don't want to give false expectations on what I am doing.

Don't want to push either, but could you find something for my creatures break SSX bug? If you need more testing i can do some, if you don't have time for that i still can downgrade to 1.0 for now, there it works and it was working fine for me, no MCM problems like most others.

Don't want to push either, but could you find something for my creatures break SSX bug? If you need more testing i can do some, if you don't have time for that i still can downgrade to 1.0 for now, there it works and it was working fine for me, no MCM problems like most others.

I will go back to this mod next week-end.

Right now I just did a pause (to do a small other mod) and I am not going to create mods today.

But I will try to fix the problems reported. (And be aware that problems on creatures were reported for a while. I just can't reproduce the problem, and also in some screen sharing sessions, everything was working fine for who reported the problem.) But we will see, I don't like to leave unresolved problems.

I will go back to this mod next week-end.

Right now I just did a pause (to do a small other mod) and I am not going to create mods today.

But I will try to fix the problems reported. (And be aware that problems on creatures were reported for a while. I just can't reproduce the problem, and also in some screen sharing sessions, everything was working fine for who reported the problem.) But we will see, I don't like to leave unresolved problems.

Oh, usually i try to keep record about reported problems, seems i missed it here. Like i said, no need to hurry, at least for me. Although i'd miss some options while using the old version, the only rule i really want in my current playthrough is this creature rule... and if the other mod you're working on is the ZaZ fix for Yuni, that's much more important to me too. ;)

The bad thing about reproducing the problem for me was that it went weird every time, but every time in a different way, not sure if it's the same or different reasons. I did break it 4-5 times within less than one hour, though, maybe 5-10 minutes each. I've never used Skype, ibut  could try if you want to try screensharing again, i've kept the save where i installed SSX.

Oh, usually i try to keep record about reported problems, seems i missed it here. Like i said, no need to hurry, at least for me. Although i'd miss some options while using the old version, the only rule i really want in my current playthrough is this creature rule... and if the other mod you're working on is the ZaZ fix for Yuni, that's much more important to me too. ;)

The bad thing about reproducing the problem for me was that it went weird every time, but every time in a different way, not sure if it's the same or different reasons. I did break it 4-5 times within less than one hour, though, maybe 5-10 minutes each. I've never used Skype, ibut  could try if you want to try screensharing again, i've kept the save where i installed SSX.

I am right now trying to fix the Zaz problem (related to Armbinders) but I don't find a solution (chatting with Yuni on Skype right now.)

Maybe next weekend we can share screen and try to get some clues of why creature anims are not working properly.

I am right now trying to fix the Zaz problem (related to Armbinders) but I don't find a solution (chatting with Yuni on Skype right now.)

Maybe next weekend we can share screen and try to get some clues of why creature anims are not working properly.

Next weekend is the first time since ages that i'll be away most probably... but every other date should be fine. ;)

One thing which might help: imho the problem Yuni described isn't caused only by Zaz. That it's not possible to change animations via sexlab tools happens to me sometimes without ZaZ involved, or at least without any devices equipped. And imho it became worse in my new game, but i updated so many mods, and it happens so randomly, i couldn't figure out what causes it. Might be that sexlab framework changed something, or it's a change in defeat which has some sexlab tools functions included, or... anything else.

So if that's a thing troubling you, maybe ignore it or test with something else.

So if that's a thing troubling you, maybe ignore it or test with something else.

Not troubling me. It is troubling Yuni and I was try to solve (or better: identify) this problem.

Not troubling me. It is troubling Yuni and I was try to solve (or better: identify) this problem.

Nevertheless, ZaZ is overriding animations although it's toggled off, and that's not caused by sexlab tools. I just thought maybe you can't find the problem because you're looking for one where you should look for two. If you can solve the one by zaz, i'd be quite happy already, and Yuni probably too. :)

...Since we don't have an "inclusive" rule on factions, I unfortunately can't limit the source/asker to bandits only...

Yes, you can have a position that is filled by factions.

When editing the position just select "Faction" and then pick the faction(s) you like.

D'oh, for whatever reason this escaped me.  I even knew about that feature before. =P

I think the problem originated in the fact that it only listed the factions that are within range, so I didn't specify the faction for Bandits because (like any sane player) I was in a safe area while writing my rules, and then forgot about it -- and then couldn't limit the faction of Generic actors because the factions are exclusive when choosing the interactions.

It would be nice if "Faction" also included the player if the player was also in that faction (I haven't tested this yet, so this might already be the case).

(Interesting that this thread has just become another SSX support thread...)

(Interesting that this thread has just become another SSX support thread...)

Yes. And I don't like that.

So be aware that the thread will be cleaned up this weekend (it happened already once.)

• 1 month later...

Quick question. How do i share rules i created? I know where to find the json file on my end. Do i simply go to its location and copy and paste?

First of all, you have to export your rule(s)

Then you will find them in Data\SKSE\Plugins\Scent of Sex\

(or in the overwrite folder of Mod Organizer if you use it.)

Then just do a post here and attach the rule you exported, with a description of what they do.

In version 1.2 I had some rule filters I cant seem to recreate in 1.3.

1. Someone in tavern clothes or amulet of dibella could be approached for sex by anyone. (in a tavern)

2. Someone in prisoner clothes or with a zaz device could be approached by anyone, sometimes aggressive.

3. Guards harass people with "poor clothing". (guards part of this one will be easier now with factions introduced)

All these were done with the wearables section in 1.2 but I cant find it anymore. (tho CPU says it is still there and improved)...  Need help finding it !! :)

In version 1.2 I had some rule filters I cant seem to recreate in 1.3.

1. Someone in tavern clothes or amulet of dibella could be approached for sex by anyone. (in a tavern)

2. Someone in prisoner clothes or with a zaz device could be approached by anyone, sometimes aggressive.

3. Guards harass people with "poor clothing". (guards part of this one will be easier now with factions introduced)

All these were done with the wearables section in 1.2 but I cant find it anymore. (tho CPU says it is still there and improved)...  Need help finding it !!  :)

I confirm that all your 3 cases are possible in version 1.3