Mesh Extended Swap System

@ger4

Glad to hear.  Much thanks for all the testing and feedback.

Do you see any noticeable drop in performance when entering populated areas?  Or does it seem to blend in with the typical cell loading time?

I've got quite a heavy load order so it's already slow for me and so I can't really tell.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for annoying. Can somebody post his or her custom setbodymess.ini? I cannot understand how to set zgec body parameters in ini.file. Can somebody explain how prefixes file paths and nifs' suffixes work together? Setbodymess file path for armors work in game for me only and I am doing something wrong with ini  settings. And, it seems really stupid, but I want to ask if double suffixes work for oblivion well, then I rename cuirass.nif and add to folder Data/meshes/DMRA/armor/iron/f/ several cuirass_ba1.nif; cuirass_ba2.nif; cuirass_ba3.nif files and etc. May breakarmor.esp plugin work then and switch broken armor meshes according to setbodymess or PlayerClothingReplacer mechanics/settings? I suppose it would be great mod comparability! But folders would be messy and in game fps drop expected.

Great mod!

@dlebedkin1993

Currently, away from my modding computer so I can only help with general stuff right now.  Break Armor incompatibility is the main reason I haven't taken MESS out of WIP/Beta status.  A MESS version of Break Armor hasn't been done and probably won't be since it switches meshes under different circumstances.

This mod is not very friendly setup to anyone (noob or no noob),

-Setting each body part is not necessary.  It's only really necessary when you very specific clothing for specific body combinations.  Example,  you have H-cup with small bottom AND H-cup with large bottom.  You'd need two entries minimum to differentiate between the two possibilities.  However, if you only have one set of H-cup meshes you'd just specify one body part for the upperbody and the lower will match to any.

-re: prefixes and suffixes

Some people like to have alt meshes named in the same folder as vanilla, but with the suffixes different (e.g. cuirass_dmra.nif).  Others, like to have all meshes in a separate folder altogether so renaming each file isn't necessary (e.g. DMRA/armor/iron/f/cuirass.nif). That's what the path prefixes do.  Both options were provided, but only using one or the other was the intention.  Using both at the same time is probably overkill, but could (possibly) work.  The only reason I can think of off-hand for doing so would be if the files were already renamed, but you didn't want to integrate them into the vanilla folder structure.  This would save renaming back to a vanilla, but have a separate folder.

I'll edit this post with an ini example of a zgec ini when I can.  I believe I have a working zgec test ini on my main computer.

IIRC, you'd only need to specify one zgec-specific body part (e.g. the upperbody)

@saviliana

Not sure what MO is reporting to you so I'm not sure which "completely the same" you mean.  Same as each other or same as the original mods?  You don't need the esps from the original mods as the MESS versions replace those.  They do share the same name for that reason, but are the not the same as the original.  Each esp does different things. One does mesh swapping for pregnant NPCs and the other swaps meshes for the player character.

Edit:

Found my test snippet for ZKEC (assuming this is the one you meant).  Only one body part should be necessary to match (upperbody is usually the best).  I specified all three since I was just testing that it matched correctly.

set SBMessIni.iBody1 to sv_construct "ZKECKaiakuF"
set SBMessIni.iBody2 to sv_construct "ZKECSL"
set SBMessIni.iBody3 to sv_construct "ZKECFoot"
setStage SBMessIni 15

@iamnoone

Thank you very much for a quick respond and the profound explanation!

I want to ask you also - do you know some blockhead console commands or constructionset script commands which control the selection of animation in game? I want to write an animation plugin which would be compatible with vanilla oblivion and with blockhead.dll. I'd better to ask on other fora but I really appreciate the opinion of yours and other people's answers here. I am more 3d designer than scrypt writer, but I did some simple scripting for oblivion before and red a lot of tutorials. Sure I can do it with a help of expirienced modders. I experimented with animation scripting before but left it for a while, cause of failures and misunderstanding of how the mechanism of animation selecting in oblivion really works. Know only basics here.

My main problems are: the selection of some specific animation is randomly done by blockhead, by its scripts, e. g. castself.kf is randomly played even if there is castself_BLKD_PerNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf in specialanims folder; I cannot figure out which scripts for animation selection in obse and vanilla oblivion are overwritten and disabled by blockhead, e. g. in walkanimswitcher v1.esp (mod by Feebleflies here on LoversLab) plugin the author uses player.ToggleSpecialAnim command, but it is not played in game if the specific kf.file is set for blockhead for a race and a npc.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the much delay.  I don't know much about blockhead.  Really it's just the one line or two that I do know.  Definitely other resources would be of more help than I at this point.  I can muddle through a script, but blockhead and animations are beyond me.

• 1 month later...

@dlebedkin1993

Yeah, that's strange. I'll do some testing and hopefully post an update if I find something. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit:

Are you using Wrye Bash? I found the MESS mods break if they get imported into the bash patch. Try putting them below the bash patch or deactivate them before rebuilding and reactivate afterwards. If that doesn't work, do let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

MESS - Version 2.0

NEW - BreakArmor.esp - Armor will visually go through stages of degradation (breaking) as its health decreases.

NEW - RaceMess.esp - Swap clothing/armor meshes according to race.

Break Armor included in MESS will detect BA meshes in MESS paths. If you have SetBodyMess/PlayerClothingReplacer/RaceMess paths set, drop their matching Break Armor meshes in those paths. This version will detect and use them. No longer do you have to give up Break Armor when using MESS. Some existing (albeit minor) bugs were fixed from the original mod, as well.

RaceMess can give individual races their own look for the same armor type.

Blockhead is now included in the package, so no more tracking that down. Whew!

With these additions and some overall polishing of the existing mods, I am releasing MESS from beta into the wild. There is a downside:

SetBodyMess.ini and PlayerClothingReplacer.ini files will have to be recreated. Some variables may have changed.

Break Armor resources:

All work fine.

Great to hear. :)

For me, when I use the player clothing plugin, I can equip multiple items in the same slot for some reason (for example, equipping multiple robes at once).

Otherwise, the new version works flawlessly :)

Thank you, the mod is working great for the most part now. For some reason though, when I use setbodymess and then set the player's body (via set body self spell) to a body set which is affected/has a replacer mesh from/by setbodymess, I get multiple clothing items equipped (i.e. the game will let me equip two robes at once for some reason).

Yeah, it's still an issue with Blockhead, and shadeMe is aware. Actually, you and I talked about it last year. ;)

The unwanted items have to manually unequipped.

`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*<(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ Race armor mess!

Can't wait to mess around with that, finally a way to differentiate how a high elf and an orc would look in a set of armor, and with all the armor replaces out there there are so many possibilities.

Any game-breaking bugs that could be experienced with the beta version of blockhead included in this?

Any feedback from me or any other user of your mod that would be particularly useful to you?

Blockhead is very much cosmetic. The bug you'll see is in the inventory menu.  The items won't automatically unequip when a new one is selected.  Easy enough to unequip, but that's the obvious one.   Other than that, It's pretty much just swapping the meshes.  I'm actually more worried about my mods.  Just did some more testing and finding my clothes keep unequipping when they weren't before.  I'll have to check into it when I have more time. Hopefully, it's only BreakArmor breaking clothes.

The area I haven't got to test much is TamagoSetBody and BreakArmor interaction.  Just anything odd when NPC (or PC) are pregnant with BA armors equipped. There's legacy code in TSB handling BA.  I didn't want to clear that out unless it was necessary (i.e. causing bugs).  In general, be on the lookout for odd equipment swaps or that sound that plays when you equip something.  There shouldn't be random re-equipping going on unless in battle with BA and armor just got broken.

I've found issues:

1. If toch fires out in yor hand, your clothes would be unequiped also;

2. Something messes with collision of dead body, the ragdols of naked npc have no bounce movement with bbb ragdoll breast physics sceleton. I disabled blockhead animation override and then there was a bounce. Strange thing...