dawnguard castle crash

ssmith

I have a bit of a tricky problem. I started the mission "A new order" and recruited Gunmar and Sorine, returning to the Dawnguardcastle, near the little gate by the fence, the game crashes every time. Surely it's caused by some mod, but having installed more than 300 of them, I am unable to find it. Could you, by any chance, suggest a console command in order to bypass this error?thanks.

Try by using the COC command to get into the castle, bypassing the exterior.
if it still crashes when you leave the castle: Good luck finding the error source ... unless you can life with using COC

I think a scene needs to happen when you come back to the castle (vampires attacking), so i wouldnt advice to "cheat" using COC or similar commands

Look for a mod that involves vampires, maybe is something related to that

Provide papyruslog, maybe we can get some clues there.

Yeah that combat scene with the main characters of dawnguard vs vampires right there at the front door. Any mod that alters combat, vampires, dawnguard in any way even a mod for the castle might be causing it. There was some really tacky over the top exterior mod on nexus forgot the name but it had mara statues everywhere outside of that castle and a lot of other shit too. If you have that mod you can probably do without it lol there are some other good castle cleanup mods on nexus.

You can use TES5EDIT and run it and it'll load all of the .esm/.esps you have installed into your game then go to your dawnguard one and open it and look and see what is all altering the different tabs in dawnguard.

It could also be a skeleton issue. When you enter a cell and someone is using something that isn't compatible with the skeleton your game will CTD the 2nd you enter the cell usually before anything gets a chance to load. It will also CTD if the skeleton isn't compatible with a body/outfit.

thanks you all for the info.

Did you crash when that log was generated?

The log is big, sign of heavy script activity, but beyond this there is absolutely nothing that could hint about a mod causing the crash. 

You could try (just for doing something) pausing / deactivating via MCM some scripting mods (milk economy, defeat, combat mods, etc) to see if reducing the strain on scripts solves it.

My next "culprit" in the check list would be a lighting / mesh mod conflict but, unless you installed something midgame, you would have had the crash before (the first couple of times you go to the castle) and not just now

Could you provide a mod list?

Again, no hint about a mod causing the crash

As i said before, you do have lots of scripts spaming your system

Have you tried / tought about my previous suggestion?

What manager do you use? NMM or MO? Google how to export mod list, there it should be plenty of information.

That list is in alphabetical order and not the load order / installation order. While i can take a glance at the mods you have i can't see if there are any load order conflicts.

For future reference:

If you use Mod Organizer you can go to ....\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default and copy paste the contents of the file loadorder.txt

No idea how to do that on NMM

Another resource would be to use "printscreen" and upload pictures of what you see in your manager

You have several mods that do the same (should only take effect the last one you installed / loads) for example skin textures and body types, also you have mods i dont think you need. You might want to review them some day to clean up your mods

But in any case, the only things i see so far that they could be doing something weird are:

Dynanic Vampire Appearnce http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41634/? 

When Vampires Attack http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28235/?

Better Vampires 7.1 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717/?

(since you are supposed to face a bunch of vampires when you  return to the castle)

Try to investigate a bit if there is even a small chance of incompatibilty between them

That list is in alphabetical order and not the load order / installation order. While i can take a glance at the mods you have i can't see if there are any load order conflicts.

For future reference:

If you use Mod Organizer you can go to ....\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default and copy paste the contents of the file loadorder.txt

No idea how to do that on NMM

Another resource would be to use "printscreen" and upload pictures of what you see in your manager

You have several mods that do the same (should only take effect the last one you installed / loads) for example skin textures and body types, also you have mods i dont think you need. You might want to review them some day to clean up your mods

But in any case, the only things i see so far that they could be doing something weird are:

Dynanic Vampire Appearnce http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41634/? 

When Vampires Attack http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28235/?

Better Vampires 7.1 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717/?

(since you are supposed to face a bunch of vampires when you  return to the castle)

Try to investigate a bit if there is even a small chance of incompatibilty between them

I disabled the three mod, but nothing. lighthouse a good cleaning, thanks for the help, sorry if I made you waste time, but unfortunately I do not know English. For me it's all very complicated, thanks a lot

I disabled the three mod, but nothing. lighthouse a good cleaning, thanks for the help, sorry if I made you waste time, but unfortunately I do not know English. For me it's all very complicated, thanks a lot

Scusi. Buona fortuna!

Unless you can also speak spanish i can't help you with language

Scusi. Buona fortuna!

Unless you can also speak spanish i can't help you with language

no Spanish, thanks anyway

Archived