9 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

A missing MCM can have various causes.  Double check the folder structure in your zip file, especially the scripts.

Well, I'm an idiot, as I forgot to untick the previous mod (containing the BSA).

The structure is absolutely the same, only now, without the BSA file. And the folder where the mod is installed in MO2's mods folder looks exactly the same, with added a meta.ini file. I reinstalled the zip I created, just in case, but there is still no MCM. 

Edited by Incubusbul
9 hours ago, Incubusbul said:

I reinstalled the zip I created, just in case, but there is still no MCM. 

If you're using a save from after the point where you had two versions of the mod installed, that's probably the trouble.  Otherwise, a non-appearing MCM is a generic problem, but I can suggest a few general remedies.

Try "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" in the console and wait a minute.

Enter any other mod's MCM menu, then exit and wait a minute.

Reinstall SkyUI, and check that you're not using an old version.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

If you're using a save from after the point where you had two versions of the mod installed, that's probably the trouble.  Otherwise, a non-appearing MCM is a generic problem, but I can suggest a few general remedies.

Try "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" in the console and wait a minute.

Enter any other mod's MCM menu, then exit and wait a minute.

Reinstall SkyUI, and check that you're not using an old version.

I am not absolutely sure if I made a save with the two versions installed, but it is likely, as hitting the F5 button is already a second nature to me.

I followed the suggested steps to the letter, but unfortunately it didn't make the MCM menu appear. Anyway, I appreciate your help, and I will save your instructions in my troubleshooting folder for future reference. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Eragonthemagnific said:

I'm playing in the special edition but when I want to run the game it crashes, why is that?

LE BSA files are not compatible with SE.  Just extract the files from the BSA then delete the BSA, and you're good to go.

• 1 month later...

is there a way to make it so that its the player talking. from what I can tell the player comments quest spawns and xmarker whenever a comment is triggered at the players location and its that marker that's doing the talking which does not allow for the use of different voices types when using the voices pack

if I could be told how to do this for my self that would be great but if someone wanted to make a patch implementing this that would be even better

Thanks

Has anyone been able to make this work with Spank that Ass (for SSE). I can install the mod alright and it works but for whatever reason it completely overrides the spanking from spank that ass so they only make angry comments when I run into people. I've tried swapping the load order around but it doesn't help.

I've expirienced some strange bug over this mod: the character refuses to comment sex scenes (as well as second participant), while setting "auto enable free camera" is on in Sexlab. While it turned off - comments play over sex scenes just as it should be, Is there any way I can fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to reduce the frequency of NPC comments? The MCM shows only timer settings for "Player Dialogue", which I don't care for. I tried setting the "Min time" and "Max time" to 60 seconds anyway, but the guards keep on yapping every 5 to 10 seconds.

Or should I get another mod to reduce NPC comment frequency?

6 hours ago, orgs1n said:

Is there a way to reduce the frequency of NPC comments?

The first setting on the MCM controls the chance for comments.  That's not exactly what you asked for, but in my experience setting it to 5% or less keeps the comments to about once per minute or two (varying with number of nearby NPCs).  In regard to the chance setting, the mod seems to remember its initial value, so you might not see a change without toggling each comment category off, exiting the MCM, then toggling them back on.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

The first setting on the MCM controls the chance for comments.

I'll play around some more with that setting, thanks! First impression after setting it to 1%, toggling it off and on, plus resetting quests, is that the guard still yap every 10 seconds, but now they also do the usual arrow-in-the-knee banter. Maybe with To Your Face I'll get to the level where the PC gets thrown a sexist remark every now and then, rather than get her ears nagged off. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, HexBolt8 said:

LE BSA files are not compatible with SE.  Just extract the files from the BSA then delete it, and you're good to go.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:23 PM, Incubusbul said:

Ha! It worked! Well, kinda... I extracted the zip file and deleted the BSA file. Then made a new zip and installed it using MO2. The game started normally, and I've already seen some sexist lines from the guards, only there's no MCM menu.

Thanks for the help Hexbolt and thanks Incubsubul for laying out your exact steps.  That helped me a lot.  For other people, I found the MCM menu didn't show up as soon as I went in there. After a couple min and I had left the MCM I got a notification that a new menu was added and yay it was there.

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, grubtub19 said:

I can't seem to find where this mod adds the "Can I get some advice?" (paraphrasing) dialogue to Guards. It doesn't seem to show up anywhere in xEdit or Creation Kit from my searching. Anyone have advice?

I think it might be babodialog that adds that.

• 4 weeks later...

What version do install?

I have DDi and ZaZ etc installed already. I checked SexistGuards v2.91b.zip in xedit and it reported several errors regarding missing data to with comments about various ZaZ and DDi items

SexistGuardsDD v2.62.zip has no errors but it misses out on the resent updates

35 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Use the newer one (2.91).  The errors that you saw are harmless.  They just mean that if you don't have Zaz or DD installed, then it can't display comments about worn Zaz or DD items.

That's what I thought which makes me wonder why they are showing as errors as I have DD 5.1 and Zaz 8.0 installed and loaded the whole load out in xedit.

I don't know know how soft dependency works so I just hoping it gets corrected on game load.

Thankyou for answering my query

all the best.

39 minutes ago, chubjub said:

That's what I thought which makes me wonder why they are showing as errors as I have DD 5.1 and Zaz 8.0 installed and loaded the whole load out in xedit.

In that case, you're probably seeing the errors for the missing value for the "libs" property that many of the comments pass to their scripts.  The scripts don't actually use that property, so those unused properties ideally should be cleaned up, but the errors won't hurt anything.

3 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

In that case, you're probably seeing the errors for the missing value for the "libs" property that many of the comments pass to their scripts.  The scripts don't actually use that property, so those unused properties ideally should be cleaned up, but the errors won't hurt anything.

Well if they are harmless I'll will fight my annoying urge to clear them up and enjoy the mod lol.

Once again thank you for your reply.