Retexture/Recolor problem

Nimius

I want to recolor some armor, but it won't work...

Every tutorial tells me what to do, the armors show up in CK, but they have no textures in the NifSkope and I can't find any .dds files...

The vanilla-armors got replaced by ChronoTrigger77's Remodeled Armor (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?)

I want to start modding myself so I'm messing around with with CK and other tools (learning by doing ;) ) but I just can't recolor any armor.

Anyone got an idea?

Armors/outfits that use in game textures will never appear with textures in nifskope because those texture files for the armors/outfits are not in your game folder but are instead inside the skyrim BSA file and so will never render in nifskope unless you first extract the files from the BSA with a BSA extractor.

You can get FOMM (fallout mod manager) or OBMM (oblivion mod manager) which both have a built in BSA extractor or you can just get a BSA extractor. If you extract more then one file at a time it'll extract the whole folder path so all you will have to do is drag and drop the texture files into your game folder. This will make those files loose files and loose files will override the BSA files as the BSA file loads first followed by the loose files.

So that's why I can't find the textures... I already got FOMM, I'll take a look at the BSA files.

I use GIMP and all the necessary plugins.

Edit: Everything works now. Thanks a lot! :shy:

So that's why I can't find the textures... I already got FOMM, I'll take a look at the BSA files.

Advise for you:  if you delete in CK texture sources of your files, you can add in Nifskope any texture (source)  from Data\textures.It can help to re\make\assign new textures 'live' (PS.Gimp.3dmx.blender) while you are in game for testing your armor or item you created.Re-equip items in game to test it.

As for bsa archives, use latest B.A.E. by jonwd7.  

Advise for you:  if you delete in CK texture sources of your files, you can add in Nifskope any texture (source)  from Data\textures.It can help to re\make\assign new textures 'live' (PS.Gimp.3dmx.blender) while you are in game for testing your armor or item you created.Re-equip items in game to test it.

As for bsa archives, use latest B.A.E. by jonwd7.  

I'll keep that in mind.

Archived