Accidentally deleted my data folder.

While I was uninstalling my enb I had also deleted my whole data folder by mistake! Is there anyway I could somehow restore it?
I've tried system restore and it hasn't worked.

system restore doesn't care about non-system files. if you dont have a backup you're basically s.o.l. unfortunately. you can get the base game back via steam but if you were modding not via MO then you're super screwed.

if you were using mo then just resteam it in and go. (maybe re-skse too if you install that into the base game like i do)

System Restore doesn't do that kind of thing.

If you've deleted your data folder, and it's not in your Recycle Bin, then you're stuck... you'll have to reinstall the game, validate the game on Steam, see.

system restore doesn't care about non-system files. if you dont have a backup you're basically s.o.l. unfortunately. you can get the base game back via steam but if you were modding not via MO then you're super screwed.

if you were using mo then just resteam it in and go. (maybe re-skse too if you install that into the base game like i do)

Rip me then

I'll just reinstall lol

System Restore doesn't do that kind of thing.

If you've deleted your data folder, and it's not in your Recycle Bin, then you're stuck... you'll have to reinstall the game, validate the game on Steam, see.

Rip me then

I'll just reinstall lol

You can validate cache in Steam. Check the MO support thread here. If set up you might be able to quickly reinstall the mods again as they are usually in a different locations (the downloads) and might possibly be able to be restored.

Future, before doing any major work in the game folder, drag a copy off somewhere just in case. It has saved me many times.

While I was uninstalling my enb I had also deleted my whole data folder by mistake! Is there anyway I could somehow restore it?

I've tried system restore and it hasn't worked.

If you really, Really care, you can use a file recovery program, but if you already reinstalled it some files probably got overwritten, if not I recomend you try "Get Data Back for  NTFS", but is going to be a lot of time for it if your Hard drive is big.

Archived