Armor transparency and bodyslide query

I'm using this transparency mod together with the original GITS mod...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12500/?

I install it, load up the game and it is indeed transparent as expected. However, I wanted to adjust the body shape and after making changes and building it in bodyslide the transparency of the armor is gone. In game the armor is now completely opaque as if the transparency mod was not installed.

I load up nifskope and the alpha property the mod author shows, on that page above, to edit is no longer there. Bodyslide is obviously "stripping" some of the fields when building it. I've verified that those fields do indeed exist when I reinstall the mod but then my adjusted body shape disappears.

Is there a way to retain the transparency when using bodyslide?

Or is there a way to add it back?

Thanks for the responses so far!

I've attached two nif files.

GITS_suit03-from-nexus.nif = the one straight from the mod's install

GITS_suit03-after-bodyslide-3.5.nif = the one AFTER I've adjusted the body shape etc and built it

There's no body in your NIF file, and you've assigned material BGSM files. Did you correctly set up the alpha in the BGSM file as well? The original did not make use of BGSM files. You also need to make sure to save the project with the body included.

I think I'm in over my head for now and I have a good opportunity to learn more about tweaking mods I download.

Since I wanted to change the shape of the armor/body and leave everything else in tact I thought using just bodyslide would be sufficient (and then tweak the same alpha field as the mod author showed in FO4Edit). I now know that this is not the case.

Thanks for the info :)

Got the same issue here (and a lot more people, seeing the posts on Nexus, but the creator is being an ass). I'm new to NifSkope so I don't really know what I'm looking at, but what I did notice is that the original (and BodySlide created) nif has fewer blocks (75) then the modded version (119 blocks). The original nif only points to armor related files and the modded one also points to body related files (basehumanfemaleskin).

My best guess is that BodySlide doesn't recognize all the values and just bins whatever it doesn't use and thereby making it impossible to make a proper new nif.

I tested that mod today. It's well done (it added a body under the armor, as the original GITS armor did not have a body under it.)

However, the transparency mod does not have bodyslide files in it.  Thus the issue is not Bodyslide but that there are no bodyslide files for Bodyslide to see.

I don't like playing without physics, so I uninstalled the mod after I figured out it does not support Bodyslide.

Got the same issue here (and a lot more people, seeing the posts on Nexus, but the creator is being an ass).

Do you mean you can't get the semi-transparent suit showing at all?

I had that problem and so it resulted in only a floating head and pair of hands whenever his mod was equipped.

If it is the floating head and hands issue you are facing... I updated to 1.5.1 and that ended up messing things around too much in NMM. So, I uninstalled all mods in NMM and also deleted any leftover mod files from the data directory. I then reinstalled NMM and downloaded all my mods again (only about 40 so it didn't take long). After that, suit03 was semi-transparent as per the screenshot below. It's likely you won't have to go this far to fix it but the update to 1.5.1 broke a lot of other things for me so I had to do it anyway.

After I got that working, it was then that I found that adjusting the shape in bodyslide left it with no transparency (or more precisely as Cell mentioned above there is no body attached meaning there's nothing to show underneath any transparency).

post-29158-0-36345800-1462881143_thumb.png

FFB- -OK, those damn Foot Fetishisms' mods always contain all kinds of ... troubles

The body is mainly a FO4 version of UNPB but use part of the FO4 CBBE body's textures while the UV near feet is totally different

Let me try to convert the origin cbbe verson

Got the same issue here (and a lot more people, seeing the posts on Nexus, but the creator is being an ass).

I had that problem and so it resulted in only a floating head and pair of hands whenever his mod was equipped.

If it is the floating head and hands issue you are facing... I updated to 1.5.1 and that ended up messing things around too much in NMM. So, I uninstalled all mods in NMM and also deleted any leftover mod files from the data directory. I then reinstalled NMM and downloaded all my mods again (only about 40 so it didn't take long). After that, suit03 was semi-transparent as per the screenshot below. It's likely you won't have to go this far to fix it but the update to 1.5.1 broke a lot of other things for me so I had to do it anyway.

After I got that working, it was then that I found that adjusting the shape in bodyslide left it with no transparency (or more precisely as Cell mentioned above there is no body attached meaning there's nothing to show underneath any transparency).

Problem solved

The method of this post:http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12500/?  was totally wrong

Editing those nif files have nothing to do with the alpha settings. It is because the settings in bgsm file will overwrite the settings in nif.

So you have to edit the alpha settings in the bgsm files

No, I had the transparant armor showing properly, but I hated the FF size boobs, so wanted to change that to the proportions I use on my own body. Only after overwriting the nif via BodySlide the transparancy is gone.

Will try what alucrad90 is suggesting.

Addition 1: tried changing the alpha setting in the bgsm file of the armor like alucrad90 suggested, doesn't work out as planned. This makes the whole area the armor is covering transparant, not just the armor. So you can see through the complete character, not just the armor. Either it's not only the alpha level that needs to be eddited or this method is wrong as a whole.

post-808835-0-55193400-1462894763_thumb.jpg

No, I had the transparant armor showing properly, but I hated the FF size boobs, so wanted to change that to the proportions I use on my own body. Only after overwriting the nif via BodySlide the transparancy is gone.

Will try what alucrad90 is suggesting.

Addition 1: tried changing the alpha setting in the bgsm file of the armor like alucrad90 suggested, doesn't work out as planned. This makes the whole area the armor is covering transparant, not just the armor. So you can see through the complete character, not just the armor.

It is because there is no models behind the armor- -

modders will delete those mesh under armor to reduce clipping and hardware cost, you have to add a full nudebody under the armor

modders will delete those mesh under armor to reduce clipping and hardware cost, you have to add a full nudebody under the armor

How can I do that? I'm rather new to edditing any of the fallout files, so not really sure where and how I'm supposed to do so.

What is the correct setting for the bgsm for semi-transparent?

The modder used an alpha of 0.7

This is for the mesh, not for the material file. 

Just edditing the alpha in the material file will not give the result you are looking for (like you can see in my screenshot above). If you just edit that alpha value you get a see-through body.

Just edditing the alpha in the material file will not give the result you are looking for (like you can see in my screenshot above). If you just edit that alpha value you get a see-through body.

Depends on which bgsm file you edit :-)

The see thru body is because the mesh has no body in it. If you put a body and only make the outfit see thru then it will be fine.

But i can't find a way to make semi-transparent stuff when using a bgsm. I can make it when using only the mesh properties - the NiAlpha thingy. 

But for vanilla outfits this is not enough because the game will swap bgsm files on some of them.

Depends on which bgsm file you edit :-)

The see thru body is because the mesh has no body in it. If you put a body and only make the outfit see thru then it will be fine.

But i can't find a way to make semi-transparent stuff when using a bgsm. I can make it when using only the mesh properties - the NiAlpha thingy. 

But for vanilla outfits this is not enough because the game will swap bgsm files on some of them.

Guessing there is a misunderstanding here. I have a modded nudebody installed and working perfectly. (even have a huge resource file to change the nudebody from time to time with some suntan, tattoos, pubes etc). I editted the alpha from the GITS_overalls.bgsm, not from any non-armor related files.

Added screenshots

post-808835-0-47719500-1462898346_thumb.jpg

post-808835-0-77102800-1462898374_thumb.jpg

Finally did it

Not very well but realy work

That's at me? Still a misunderstanding then. The see-through screenshot is WITH the armor equipped, the nudebody screenshot is WITHOUT the armor equipped (just wanted to show that I did have a nudebody installed).  :P

Will clarify my screenshots completely now. The see-through body has a nudebody under the armor, GITS_overalls.bgsm alpha value set to 0.5

The screenshot where you can see the body does NOT have the overall equipped. So changing the alpha value in the GITS_overalls.bgsm ALSO made the nudebody transparant.

Finally did it

Not very well but realy work

That's at me? Still a misunderstanding then. The see-through screenshot is WITH the armor equipped, the nudebody screenshot is WITHOUT the armor equipped (just wanted to show that I did have a nudebody installed).  :P

Some armors just don't have a nudebody under it

In skrim and FO4, nude body is treated as an outfit your wear, so wearing an armor means changing your outfit from nudebody to the armor, not really "wearing" something on the body

Some armors just don't have a nudebody under it

In skrim and FO4, nude body is treated as an outfit your wear, so wearing an armor means changing your outfit from nudebody to the armor, not really "wearing" something on the body

In NifSkope I noticed that the modded nif has a nudebody attached, is there an easy way I can add that to the original files.

Or to get a completely different approach, is there a way I can manually edit the modded nif to suit the body I like. What values does BodySlide save exactly and where?

Archived