Armor transparency and bodyslide query

Some armors just don't have a nudebody under it

In skrim and FO4, nude body is treated as an outfit your wear, so wearing an armor means changing your outfit from nudebody to the armor, not really "wearing" something on the body

In NifSkope I noticed that the modded nif has a nudebody attached, is there an easy way I can add that to the original files.

Or to get a completely different approach, is there a way I can manually edit the modded nif to suit the body I like. What values does BodySlide save exactly and where?

Read the tourials written by bodyslide group on the nexus page, and you will know how to deal with your demond

It's realy a litte difficult to talk about how to use bodyslide in one post

I still don't understand what the fuzz here is all about.  :blink:

You simply load the original (I mean the transparent edit) into Outfit Studio, delete the CBBEUpper and CBBELower shapes, load the real "CBBE Body" reference, make it fit the shape, conform the sliders and save it. You don't even need to make any BGSM or edit the alpha values.

You simply load the original (I mean the transparent edit) into Outfit Studio, delete the CBBEUpper and CBBELower shapes, load the real "CBBE Body" reference, make it fit the shape, conform the sliders and save it. You don't even need to make any BGSM or edit the alpha values.

I guess this is modding basics and this is really easy for you. But there are still people that don't know anything about modding (else there would be no need for your mods in the first place  ;) cause everybody would mod their own stuff then).

It's like how it's natural for me to adjust the recipe for my ice-cream and/or the settings of my ice-cream machine according the weather and humidity. Can you tell me what to adjust when the weather changes from 35C to 15C?  :P

Can you tell me what to adjust when the weather changes from 35C to 15C?  :P

Shut it down... Who wants to eat ice cream when it is cold? Better have some chocolate instead :-)

On a more serious note - what exactly is the problem you are facing now? I understand you made some progress, what is the current problem?

I did as you said, deleted the CBBEUpper and CBBELower shapes, loaded the CBBE Body and then there was a big brick wall. The modded stuff is on a positive Y-axis, the body is on a negative Y-axis. Outfit studio doesn't even properly handle the modded file, it loads the preview outside of the viewer.

How to change one or the other to negative / positive Y-axis?  :s

I did as you said, deleted the CBBEUpper and CBBELower shapes, loaded the CBBE Body and then there was a big brick wall. The modded stuff is on a positive Y-axis, the body is on a negative Y-axis. Outfit studio doesn't even properly handle the modded file, it loads the preview outside of the viewer.

How to change one or the other to negative / positive Y-axis?  :s

That's a doing of the 3ds max plugin by Figment, which the modder used to create the outfit. You could simple move the armor shapes down by -120 in Outfit Studio, but I don't know if that makes it vanish into the ground in-game.

Otherwise you can export the armor shapes to FBX files and import them back into a new project (you'll have to assign the right shader/material again).

I have this issue when refitting the male vanilla outfits to EVB. I open the vanilla outfit in OS, export as obj, open the body, import the obj and the first thing I need to do after that is move the outfit 120 units up in order to match it to the body. There are no problems in-game because of that.

How to do it: On the right side in OS in the tab "meshes" select the outfit. Right click -> Move. In the Z put 120 (plus or minus depending on where you want to move it). Then Conform to sliders and then right click on the name of the outfit again and Copy weight...

I spent some time in outfit studio to adjust the reference CBBE body to the author's mesh, go to conform the sliders and then this happens...

outfitestudio.gif

This happens whether I choose conform selected or conform all.

Have I missed a step that needs to be taken somewhere?

I spent some time in outfit studio to adjust the reference CBBE body to the author's mesh, go to conform the sliders and then this happens...

This happens whether I choose conform selected or conform all.

Have I missed a step that needs to be taken somewhere?

Instead of conforming, use "File -> Make Conversion Reference" and THEN conform to that one slider.

Basically, you need to follow two guides from the Nexus page, making a conversion reference and using it, and then making a BodySlide conversion.

Archived