Fallout 4 Player Surrender

First of all, I signed up just to get this mod. Good job! 

Without weapon is very inconsistent when I tried it in version 3. 

Boatflies worked both times, mole rats once, and raiders once, but anything else didn't trigger at all. Super mutants kept trying to kill me, Gunners too, Synths either attacked or just sat there, staring at me, every other animal just attacked me, ghouls swarmed me 4 times, no trigger, raiders didn't work most of the time, triggermen didn't trigger it, pillars of the community just attacked me, and I did a quest to really try it out and Theodore Collins from the mystery meat quest was actually the one pacified, not me. His mister handys also attacked without triggering. 

Actually, everyone attacked on first instinct instead. Even when it worked. 

Lastly, when it worked, 3/4th of the time it froze my character and everyone stopped attacking, but nothing happened until I pressed start and went back. That triggered the animated and then it worked. 

Then again, I used the option to not take all my stuff because it wasn't working at first and I was finding to see who it was working on if I changed the settings. 

Injured options worked much more consistently however. 30% is a little high, but being able to change the percentage I guess makes it good. It would be nice if the slider was in the options instead of in the console commands however. 

Once again, good job, just sharing my experience to see if it is any help. 

Boatflies worked both times, mole rats once, and raiders once, but anything else didn't trigger at all.

Yeah, that should be fixed in v4. Not sure what's going on with animations not playing, looking into that.

30% is a little high, but being able to change the percentage I guess makes it good. It would be nice if the slider was in the options instead of in the console commands however.

I will add a way to change it in the settings, can't make sliders though.

And thanks for all the feedback!

Just checked surrender without weapons and it worked smoothly. Made me wonder about transport. It's neat and it certainly gives the player a problem, but why not just have player come back to consciousness amidst temporarily genial raiders or dogs or super mutants or gunners?

It will be an option later. Also, custom scenario example does exactly that, just stops combat for 10 seconds so you can run away (but it has a debug window popup, so you don't want to use it).

I guess I can add that now since there isn't much to do other than fixing stuff.

Tried it again with no weapons and kept to just taking stuff to test the retrieval.

Went up to mole rat, it triggered. Looked good... but then my stuff appeared on mr handys I killed last time.  

Tried it again by going up to ghouls. Nothing. So I killed them. Next I tried pickpocketing a raider. worked well... except my stuff ended up on the ghouls I killed earlier. 

Gunners still won't bother, neither would super mutants. Radroaches did, however, and kept my stuff. 

Another raider made it work, but when I tried getting it back it triggered again before I could get it. 

I stole stuff from diamond city, the guards wouldn't arrest me unless I pick-pocketed them, but they wouldn't shoot me either when I stole other things. It doesn't want to trigger when the brotherhood is killing whoever I am trying to make it work on. 

Lastly, I have doubts about how random it really is. When I used the health trigger on the pillars of the community, they sent me to the same place every time. 

Thanks for noticing. The settings option would really help. 

Someone could really use enemy specific destinations for more immersion. Diamond city jail, pillars of the community locked room, inside a raider jail cell in the school, inside a room in vault 95 for Gunners, inside the cell with Strong for super mutants and whatever makes most sense for the factions. Each with some sort of scenario for escape. Or not... 

Maybe a caught stealing trigger? 

Anyway, good job. I'll look forward to further updates. 

Sounds like upgrading from previous versions is broken. If you really need to upgrade on that save, try disabling the plugin, making a save, and enabling it again, that might fix it.

Lastly, I have doubts about how random it really is. When I used the health trigger on the pillars of the community, they sent me to the same place every time.

Right now there's only 5 places you can get teleported to, just to see how it works. I will add more but I think when you actually play the game, you don't get killed every 3 minutes so it's not that noticeable.

Also I'm picking places as far as possible from the threats, so if you play it smart, you can get to Diamond City/one of your settlements and pick up a spare weapon, instead of just getting "spawn camped" inside one of the dungeons.

Maybe a caught stealing trigger?

Not sure about stealing, but moving to Diamond City jail cell after guards beat you up kind of makes sense.

This mod is wonderful, I can only imagine all the ideas that can be created off of it like faction based surrenders (i.e. Raider enslavement, Institute test subject, Super Mutant prisoner, etc.). Your mod actually provides the only practical way to make my Prescription Eye Glasses mod more immersive without trying to create a destructible armor/clothing mod or setting up some kind of GetRandomPercent script for head location hits to remove the glasses. So a personal thanks for making my mod more functional.

I could also see this mod's setup working for arrests if caught stealing in Diamond City or Good Neighbor, really the possibilities of the Surrender/Defeat mods have always been endless, just depends on what Bethesda was willing to provide in the base game features.

Keep up the great work, hopefully we'll get some fancy animations and sex based mods out soon. 

EDIT: Oh, there was one thing I was wondering about. Is it possible to prevent certain essential items like Bullet Time's activator and your own mod's Player Surrender Settings activator from being removed? I assume the script would end up having to be reference specific items not to remove, or somehow all the mods could set those kinds of items to quest items (or possibly running a quest script that adds the items if they're not present in the player's inventory, but those often tend to be ran on the game's startup and contain a DoOnce function). All the same, just figured I'd mention that certain items are getting removed that may result in a bit of a problematic situation.

Is it possible to prevent certain essential items like Bullet Time's activator and your own mod's Player Surrender Settings activator from being removed?

Quest items like Cybernetic Brain Augmenter from Reunions quest (MQ201CyberBrain) can't get removed. I'm not sure if it's because it's a quest item or some scripts just put it back into your inventory after removal, but you can do it.

I will start doing some checks later, to prevent removal of devious devices-type of items for example, but right now I don't think it's possible without F4SE.

Yeah essential player is messed up big time, the player simply don't enter in bleedout phase in first person and the bleedout event dosen't seems to fire... in third person the camera freaks out and goes under the ground, very disapointing.

However the radiant system possibilities seems to be excellent for that kind of mod and the referencealias collections makes it simplier, tested some stuff myself.

Nice work on the mod.

No glitches with the pacify mechanic on surrender.

Good, thanks.

is it possible to change the item to a misc type rather than an apperal? seems to activate when exiting power armor

Okay, I think I'll make it a holotape or something. Meanwhile you can unequip it (it doesn't unequip itself) or just drop it somewhere after changing the settings.
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a request for either a new mode or a change to Survival mode. I have this thing where, if the script takes every item I have, inevitably I lose some Aid Menu item or otherwise scripted object, and I have to fix it in the console. Sometimes I don't even get the chance and I CTD over it. Sometimes, just sometimes, in Survival mode, I'd rather just say "good game", die, and start from my last save. Other times, when it all works properly, waking up naked and alone doesn't feel quite right right.

Follows are a few suggestions for some logic additions/changes, and a rambling wall of text. I apologize for the length, once I started writing the ideas down, they really started flowing, and I considered a lot of different ramifications and possibilities to really work out exactly how it would all work, and make sure it was something that was possible, otherwise attempting as best as I could to either note that or find a different solution.

First of all, there should be a few special situations:

• If the player goes down, their companion should resurrect them. Just like you can do with any of your companions, they can do to you. You might even be able to animate that one. First, when the player goes down, keep track of whatever put them down. There should then be a consideration of what the companion is fighting. If whatever they're fighting has more maximum HP than they do, they should sprint to you immediately while attacking it, and get you back on your feet. Otherwise, combat with whatever it was should continue until the NPC has killed whatever is around and then come for you. If the NPC goes down, if the actor that put the player down is still alive, go back to that. This could even go for inactive companions who are nearby the action. It's a common modern FPS feature that really makes sense to add into Fallout 4.
  • A companion, former companion, possible companion, angry companion, sad companion, pleased companion, or any other type of companionable actor should never take the player's stuff or leave them for dead. The player should wake up completely unmolested and at full health a few hours later. If the player is not on good terms with the NPC, they might not like them, but they could have been friends at some point. Even if they're the ones doing the killing, they're not going to want the player dead and shouldn't steal their things. If they're hostile to the player, for some reason, then this situation should revert that.
  • Lovers, possible lovers, former lovers, and spurned lovers should nurse the player back to health if they're present when they die, and again, they should do this even if they are the one who tried to kill you in the first place. Any healing items on either the lover or the PC are used up and the player is returned to full health a few days later in a nearby bed. This is probably a perfect entry point for something SexTec later, as well.
  • When the player drowns, they should wash up at the edge of the water nearby missing whatever weapon they had equipped when they "died".
  • Herbivores would eat any plants the player has on them, graze a bit nearby, then vamoose. They would never take anything other than Hub Flower and Silt Bean and other plant materials.
  • Blood Bugs are nasty, but ultimately they just want your blood. They should leave you alive and where you were with all your stuff (but minus any Blood Bags and all your Health, and with a sucking Chest Wound). You could actually link in to SexTec here, only change the animations to blood sucking terror hentai, I guess.
  • Bloatflies throw their grubs at their enemies, and we can only assume this behavior is some kind of infestation or breeding behavior. This means the Bloatflies would rather leave you alive as food for their young. The player should wake up nearby, wounded, with a serious infection to simulate this. Within the logic of Survival mode, this disease basically means they're going to need medical attention, fast, or they're going to be having some serious problems with debuffs. Again, this could link into SexTec later, as some kind of body horror brood pregnancy, but for the time being a disease is good enough.
  • BOS would leave the player alive, and take anything with any sort of tech from them, and anything that took a circuit board to make it, or has scrap potential as anything electronic, up to, but not including, their Pip Boy and clothes. Because, well, they're BOS, of course. They want to control the technology out there, and no matter what they're not going to let you walk away with anything high tech. If the PC is not a Brotherhood member, they shouldn't have that tech regardless of any other consideration about who they are. On the other hand, if the player is a Brotherhood member, then either the player has somehow fallen and is the aggressor, or has otherwise fallen out of grace with the Brotherhood, and should be stripped of both their tech and their standing.
  • Ferals might leave you for dead, Glowing Ghouls might not. If the character has enough Rads to bring their HP down to zero, we can assume this is the case and either kill the character outright (probably) or turn the character into a ghoul (unlikely, I realize).
  • Super Mutants would just try to make you their lunch or their decorations. You wake up in the nearest mutie camp naked and imprisoned in a cage, while they get the gore bag ready or bring the pot of goo they intend to throw you in up to a nice boil.
  • Automated turrets, Robots, and other such systems would lay you down and leave you for dead. They don't have life so they don't think to make sure you don't have it anymore. They'll just leave you nonfunctional with every bone in your body broken and/or your power armor disassembled and broken.

If all else fails, and the entity which has slain the character doesn't fit into any of the above, I have a simple and what I hope is an effective metric. You can determine an actor's alignment by considering its Karma, Intelligence, and Charisma to form a rough equivalence with the standard alignment axis most of us are used to from oh-so-many RPGs. We might be able to consider Charisma as a special indicator of intent, since animals tend to have very low Charisma stats, and having a high intelligence and being very charismatic probably points to an important NPC, at least, in theory.

• High Intelligence, High Karma, High Charisma actors would leave the player alive and well at the nearest bed, minus all your healing items and at full health a few days later. They don't wait around for a thank you, and return to their life as usual, and will later on react to you however their faction is supposed to, either peacefully or aggressively.
  • High Intelligence, High Karma actors otherwise are good honest people, and would leave you at the nearest bed and leave you with all your stuff. If the PC is Negative Karma, however, they take the player's weapons and ammo, and any chems they had.
  • High Intelligence, Neutral Karma actors are thoughtful enough to let the player live, while at the same time, not goodie two-shoes enough to have any qualms about taking the player's valuables, gold, electronics, and weapons. The player should wake up nearby minus their most valuable stuff.
  • Low Intelligence, High Karma actors are likely to be benign in nature, and we might as well just assume that the player is the aggressor, is considered to be an enemy, has low karma, or for some other reason was asking for it. The actor isn't smart enough to do anything really nasty to the character, and good enough in nature to likely not be a carnivore or rabid or feral thing, so they won't eat the player.
  • Low Intelligence, Neutral Karma, and Low Charisma actors are probably animals or simplistic automatrons. Leave the player for dead with all items.
  • Low Intelligence, Negative Karma, and Low Charisma actors are pawns, dupes, animals, brutes, carnivores, ferals, monsters, and mooks. If you get killed by animals or mooks, you probably shouldn't come back at all and should restart from the last save point to rethink your choices. If the player gets killed by a feral carnivorous monster, they realistically should expect to be eaten. Either way, they're not likely to be coming back from this kind of actor killing them.
  • High Intelligence, Negative Karma, and Average or Low Charisma actors are not nice, and smart enough to be dangerous. They could be likely to leave the player alive, and this is a perfect scenario for a link in to SexTec later, but for now, naked in a ditch (unequipped, but not stolen unless power armor), as well as any currency or valuables taken, seems appropriate.
  • High Intelligence, Negative Karma, and High Charisma actors should be considered the most dangerous of all, potentially even main story antagonists. However, they are constitutionally incapable of not doing the villainy thing of leaving the hero to die, but they're going to be waking up with only their clothes on, in a cell, alone, having had anything with a weight over 0.5 taken from them, as well as anything classed as armor or power armor, but not clothes, which basically spares any hidden, holdout, weightless, script, or quest items naturally and we can hope that, with those required attributes, Bethesda has already made the villain give their requisite villainous monologue before said leaving of player to die for us.
  • On the other hand, the same High Intelligence, Negative Karma, High Charisma actor is unlikely to extend the same treatment to an evil rival, so in this situation where all the variables are the same as the previous situation, except in this situation the player is Evil, as well, they don't get such special treatment. If the player has low Charisma, they're a lesser evil, someone else's pawn or mook in this villain's eyes and should just be dispatched then and there. Villains don't pause about that kind of stuff, I should think. If they have High Charisma, and High Intelligence, then they're a challenger. Villains are nothing without a challenge, and would be likely to extend to this competitor the "opportunity" to be "challenged". In this case, they'd be taken to a random high level area and left with no armor but their clothes, no healing items, no weapons but a pistol, and no ammo but a single bullet.

And finally, for anything in-between, just leave the player for dead in a random location with some random amount of loot missing, but just don't include anything from the Aid or Misc categories, as those objects tend to be highly scripted and likely to cause problems if you pick the wrong one. If the actor which has done the killing is Intelligent they'll have the items on them, and otherwise they will be dropped on the ground near where the player died.

You might have noticed I never mentioned Synths, that's because Synths are people too. Normal Ghouls are, as well. They should not have specific logic attached to them. This also means added creature types just use the same Karma/Intelligence checks to determine the actor's "Alignment" so to speak, and act in a hopefully appropriate manner befitting the situation.

So all in all, at least some of these ideas should be easy enough to work into the mod. My main concern is that the game crashes when you just leave the character completely naked in a ditch way too often, and it has ever been that way with mods like this that I've played. It would be nice if this one gave more consideration to what, exactly, was taken, and had good solid reasons as to why that just happened, other than you goofed and died in any possible way imaginable.

Some very good idea and stuff, but the mod author was more in a "defeat rape mod" than a  death alternative mod (no offence), this is why i doubt all those script you ask for will be made, it would be perfect but i have low expectation :/

Im like you, playing in survival, dying a lot and with vanilla save system, a real death alternative mod would be fucking great. But for now i will take what im offered and thanks the modders, im just waiting a bit for the mod to be more "balanced" for survival to use/test it properly.

I have this thing where, if the script takes every item I have, inevitably I lose some Aid Menu item or otherwise scripted object, and I have to fix it in the console. Sometimes I don't even get the chance and I CTD over it.

What exactly makes you CTD?

I will add some stuff like this, but yeah it's more like a

"defeat rape mod"

so don't expect some deep realistic roleplaying system.

Custom scenario for when player drowns would be nice, but there is no papyrus event for that and making player essential is broken, so it's probably not happening unless I manually check player's life every second, which is a bad idea.

I will try to implement the "companion saves the player" thing if it's as easy as I think.

You can determine an actor's alignment by considering its Karma, Intelligence, and Charisma

Unless you're fighting friendly NPCs, most enemies are just clones with low intelligence and charisma, both humans and creatures.

And finally, for anything in-between, just leave the player for dead in a random location with some random amount of loot missing, but just don't include anything from the Aid or Misc categories, as those objects tend to be highly scripted and likely to cause problems if you pick the wrong one

I know removing quest items is bad, but without F4SE it's impossible to check what item is before moving it to another container.

I'm not sure exactly "why" I'm CTDing when surrendering, but the split second before it does, I hear the "disrobe/removed item" sound effect and then crash. This exact situation occured in New Vegas with surrender and rape mods, basically anything which forcibly removed all items caused it. In New Vegas, it turned out there was more than one mod I was using which didn't like it's scripted objects being given to someone else.

Again, sorry for the giant rambling idea dump. Adderall is a harsh mistress, I must have spent over an hour writing out something I knew deep down was just a wish list and not a bug report. At any rate, there's probably some gems in there, even if the lack of a Karma system in FO4 severely limits the effectiveness or possibility of quite a lot of it.

So, as to the real reason I STARTED writing that post, the CTDs. I haven't found out what is being removed that causes this issue, but I do know it's not armor or weapons. Maybe the "fix" here is to just force unequip everything instead of taking it. Is it possible to check the weight and value of an object? Because if so, just take anything worth over a certain amount and leave everything else on the player buy unequipped. Still punishing, still works for the defeat rape ideas, and makes more logical sense. You get defeated, this guy rapes you, but why would he take your leather armor and the folders and all those worthless misc items? More likely, they'd take anything really valuable and easy to sell, maybe also food and water, and leave you with the rest of your junk.

I have this thing where, if the script takes every item I have, inevitably I lose some Aid Menu item or otherwise scripted object, and I have to fix it in the console. Sometimes I don't even get the chance and I CTD over it.

What exactly makes you CTD?

I will add some stuff like this, but yeah it's more like a

"defeat rape mod"

Custom scenario for when player drowns would be nice, but there is no papyrus event for that and making player essential is broken, so it's probably not happening unless I manually check player's life every second, which is a bad idea.
I will try to implement the "companion saves the player" thing if it's as easy as I think.

You can determine an actor's alignment by considering its Karma, Intelligence, and Charisma

Unless you're fighting friendly NPCs, most enemies are just clones with low intelligence and charisma, both humans and creatures.

And finally, for anything in-between, just leave the player for dead in a random location with some random amount of loot missing, but just don't include anything from the Aid or Misc categories, as those objects tend to be highly scripted and likely to cause problems if you pick the wrong one

I know removing quest items is bad, but without F4SE it's impossible to check what item is before moving it to another container.

"defeat rape mod"

I was implying you was more focusing on sex situation than, the way you get back on your feet ^^

It wasn't a critisim, the only thing im looking for is variety of situation and an interesting way to get my stuff back after fatal encounter, no need to go deep roleplay.

Againts Synth, Turret and other machine i think the player can wake up emprisonned(enslaved) in some random Raider camp. Raiders are almost everywhere so it make sense, they just passed by and found your body.

The option to fast travel in Survival Mode is an issue. When your mod attempts to fast travel the game locks up. This can be fixed by downloading this mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11834/?

That might be what I experienced, and the "drop sound" just the last thing the game successfully did before dying outright. But actually no... no that's not it, because it worked just fine sometimes, then other times CTD'd, and at all times I was playing survival.

I still like the mod and the fixes really help. Do wish for a return to the kneeling surrender though. 

I prefer the hands up myself simply because of immersion. Hands up is how people surrendered before the war, not immediately "assuming the position" of a slave by kneeling. Kneeling though, should come shortly afterward....

The option to fast travel in Survival Mode is an issue. When your mod attempts to fast travel the game locks up. This can be fixed by downloading this mod

Nope, console has nothing to do with that, fast travel still works when using papyrus.

That might be what I experienced, and the "drop sound" just the last thing the game successfully did before dying outright.

What companion are you using?