Fallout 4 Player Surrender

At the time, Dogmeat. Why is that a factor?

The option to fast travel in Survival Mode is an issue. When your mod attempts to fast travel the game locks up. This can be fixed by downloading this mod

Nope, console has nothing to do with that, fast travel still works when using papyrus.

That might be what I experienced, and the "drop sound" just the last thing the game successfully did before dying outright.

What companion are you using?

you should make it a surrender key.

sometimes I surrender when I wanted to keep fighting, like in a firefight.

and kept fighting when I wanted to surrender, like in an ambush.

No way to do that without full F4SE release, sadly.

You can't even make actor sheathe their weapon without script extender, don't know what Bethesda is doing.

Issue. when it's triggered Cait leaves me and ends up at the combat zone. I don't know if it happens with other companions but it's annoying.

Now there is a setting if you don't want to dismiss your companions. Dogmeat not getting dismissed after submitting was actually a bug.

Apparently in early versions of the game you were able to have 2 companions at once - dogmeat and a humanoid companion, like in NV, but then they changed it, so now companion code is a mess with separate functions for dogmeat and human companions.

After removing all your items, mod starts the quest and sends all your companions back home. I thought maybe some companion makes your crash (haven't tested them all), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I was running around for 3 hours, dying to all sorts of things, managed to lose pipboy, but still no crashes. If it's because of the some quest items getting removed I won't be able to fix it until fully working F4SE comes out.

you should make it a surrender key.

sometimes I surrender when I wanted to keep fighting, like in a firefight.

and kept fighting when I wanted to surrender, like in an ambush.

No way to do that without full F4SE release, sadly.

You can't even make actor sheathe their weapon without script extender, don't know what Bethesda is doing.

Issue. when it's triggered Cait leaves me and ends up at the combat zone. I don't know if it happens with other companions but it's annoying.

Now there is a setting if you don't want to dismiss your companions. Dogmeat not getting dismissed after submitting was actually a bug.

Apparently in early versions of the game you were able to have 2 companions at once - dogmeat and a humanoid companion, like in NV, but then they changed it, so now companion code is a mess with separate functions for dogmeat and human companions.

After removing all your items, mod starts the quest and sends all your companions back home. I thought maybe some companion makes your crash (haven't tested them all), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I was running around for 3 hours, dying to all sorts of things, managed to lose pipboy, but still no crashes. If it's because of the some quest items getting removed I won't be able to fix it until fully working F4SE comes out.

Rip in pepperoni.

Actually that might be the cause, now that I take a step back and consider some of my other mods. I have Unlimited Followers now, and at the time I had Dogmeat Is Everyone's Friend. Both make changes to the followers' scripts. DiEF is nice but it changes the scripts heavilly. UF does more, but edits less, so it's less likely to be an incompatibility but might still cause some hinkiness. I haven't tried the mod since the crashes, but I might try it again without DiEF and/or UF to see if I can narrow down my problem.

Like, I want this mod to work. I want to make a personal edit to always respawn the character in another mod's starting area, too.

I've tested this mod, and every time my character surrenders (four or five times now under different circumstances), the game seizes up and does nothing. I have to kill the game and restart. Not having much luck getting it to be its thing beyond my character raising her hands and surrendering. Any ideas?

I've tested this mod, and every time my character surrenders (four or five times now under different circumstances), the game seizes up and does nothing. I have to kill the game and restart. Not having much luck getting it to be its thing beyond my character raising her hands and surrendering. Any ideas?

Pause and then unpause. Usually fixes it for me. 

Pause and then unpause. Usually fixes it for me. 

Pause? What do you mean by pause? The game itself seizes up. There's no control over anything for the character or the mouse. Do you mean open and close the console?

As an update, I thought maybe I had mismanaged some settings, so I went back to the settlement where I had stored the inventory item. I reset the settings I thought I wanted, and went out and about. I kept the inventory item though, and for the first time, when I surrendered after taking heavy damage, the game loaded me into a random location naked. Maybe the inventory item needs to stay in inventory?

No, you don't need the inventory item.

Do you have any companion mods installed? Like mods that remove companion cap or add new companions, not just change their faces.

No, you don't need the inventory item.

Do you have any companion mods installed? Like mods that remove companion cap or add new companions, not just change their faces.

I have a mod that re-enables being able to keep Dogmeat and another companion simultaneously. I didn't have any companions during any of the surrender attempts. So far, only once has it worked (a feral knocked me out). Just now a Gunner disarmed me, but after the mod stood me up from sneak, put my arms up, my character dropped back down into sneak, the loading icon appeared and my game seized up.

Update: three more surrenders, all seized game. Do you think it's related to the companion mod I mentioned? Or because I was sneaking?

6B worked just fine for me with transport and non-transport options. With non-transport surrender wasn't obivious, but both worked just fine. With the scenario where the aggressors are pacifyied, might be nice to go ahead and steal the players stuff while everything is quiet. Anyway, no problems.

After testing a variety of settings, I configured the mod for 10% health and pause and played for several hours. Consistantly caused the player and her opponents to act the way npcs and essential or protected characters act with everything on hold for a while while the poor player recovered a bit. Worked nicely and allowed a nice quiet break for everyone.

Update: three more surrenders, all seized game. Do you think it's related to the companion mod I mentioned? Or because I was sneaking?

Tried submitting while sneaking, with Dogmeat and "Everyone's Best Friend" mod installed - still works, so I don't know.

Try using version 6b, maybe that does something. If not, you can post or PM me list of your mods (C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Fallout4\Plugins.txt) and place where it crashes, maybe then I will figure out what's wrong.

I was sure I had 6b, but when I digged into the NMM, I didn't after all. Installed new version, and will test it. In one test where I survived enough to surrender, it worked immediately and without hitching. In plain ol' v6, the one time I surrendered without the game seizing, it took a few minutes to load into the random location. Must faster!

• 3 weeks later...

You say Papyrus will over ride the survival mode "no fast travel" when your character submits. Good to know. However this mod locked up on me when the fast travel moment hit. Every time. That mod I listed above fixed the issue. *shrug. You probably know better than I do I'm a noob at modmaking. Strange though.

It was a problem between pacify aura and SOME of the NPCs. To be honest I still don't understand why some magic effect flags can completely stop currently running script until player pauses and unpauses the game, and why that happens just sometimes - not always. I won't be surprised if installing completely unrelated mod fixes something in this game.

Anyway, someone at Bethesda fixed a few problems with player being essential so here is version 7. I don't have to say that but you need the latest version of Fallout 4 for this whole essential thing to work.

This could hook perfectly in the already existing slavery-mod, although a we need a quest for the PC being a slave instead of the other way around.

One thing to add is a quest that's going to put the PC in the right place depending on what faction made you surrender and have a way to escape etc.
Second thing is a FO4 alternative to the Skyrim Prison Overhaul, basically meaning; if the Diamond city guards catch you stealing, you go to prison in Diamond City, same for Brotherhood and The institute and maybe other factions.

I am looking forward to seeing this mod mature and grow in functionality!

One last question tho: What happens when you die during a quest in a cell you can't go back to without a cutscene or something? Is there a easy way to disable this mod temporarily using the in-game menu?

Is there a easy way to disable this mod temporarily using the in-game menu?

Not yet, but you can select the pacify scenario, it doesn't move you anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update, changed how mod works under the hood. Random freezes have been fixed (I swear), something else might have been broken in the process.

Can't wait for F4SE and animations :)

Just extract all files to Fallout 4\Data. For example Surrender.esp should be here: Fallout 4\Data\Surrender.esp

Or use Nexus Mod Manager.

shakrum, I'm trying to do a custom scenario, but I'm having trouble getting it to run. It somehow doesn't fire even with your basic example one. What might I be doing wrong? Is it possible to get step by step instructions for dumb people? It would be my first time working with communication between plugins.

For testing if it runs I initially didn't touch anything from your scenario example and launched it. The message box with "It works" never fires. Also, even with custom scenario chosen. Changing the name of the scenario in the relay script doesn't show it at all in the game menu, although it does seem to recognize that a custom scenario is there as it automatically changes the scenario to custom in the menu without me having to select it.

I can imagine this is giving me trouble, as I can't select the custom scenario name anywhere in the game menu?

if (SelectedScenarioName == ScenarioName)
		Actor Aggressor = (akArgs[1] as Actor)
		ScenarioScript.ExecuteScenario(Aggressor)
	EndIf

I'd appreciate any help!

The message box with "It works" never fires.

You are using the old version, "Surrender Plugin Example.7z" should be compatible with v8. I had to update it because I changed the script paths and the way pacify works.

If it actually works you will immediately see "Custom scenario successfully registered" or "Something went wrong while registering our custom scenario" when you start a new game. Or you will see nothing if scripts are missing or something else went horribly wrong.

Also it doesn't show the name of your custom scenario anywhere in the game, yet.