Fallout 4 Player Surrender

First, congratulations and thank you, the mod is already awesome!

Some suggestions and things to consider in future updates:

1) Maximum range to surrender, it's kind of awkward surrendering to an enemy shooting you miles away.

2) Enemy filter - Surrender to flies and dogs makes more sense than surrendering to humans

3) Min value to keep - Maybe you can keep your items that are below a set threshold in caps value.

4) When you 'wake up' in another place, all items are removed one by one, it take a lot of time. Maybe there is a way to just take all itens without the game showing a message for each one of them...

Again, congratulations for the great work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just extract all files to Fallout 4\Data. For example Surrender.esp should be here: Fallout 4\Data\Surrender.esp

Or use Nexus Mod Manager.

Thank you very much! It works perfectly. I extracted the files to my Data folder, but for some reason it still didn't want to work. Found it in the NMM plugin list and enabled it, and that did it. I appreciate the help, as I am still somewhat tech-illiterate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, i have to tell your mod is great. ^^ even if i think the 8.7 version works better than the 9.7 one.^^ Nja with Pacify Enemys , low health, 0% and essential. 

But ive found a little bug with the essential option. Stimpaks removes 100% of Radiation^^ - okay.. thats not so bad but makes radaway pretty Useless.

A tiny request - can you please renamee in later vestion holotape to [settings] Palyer Surrender. Thanks in advance, works like a charm

A tiny request - can you please renamee in later vestion holotape to [settings] Palyer Surrender. Thanks in advance, works like a charm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

works beautifully. I have only found two glitches so far

• if the "Revenge" quest target NPC dies before you get back to it, everything goes with it. Example: I surrendered while defending the Castle from an institute attack, and was tapped by a Courser. When i made it back to the Castle, the battle was over, and all the bodies had been cleaned up. I followed the quest marker across the Commonwealth and never managed to catch up. When I finally got frustrated and consoled "movetoqt", I ended up in some Institute inspired all of mirrors. Fortunately, "save early, save often", so I just reloaded to before the battle.
  • i have noticed that the weapon I am currently using sometimes disappears. it is not on the Revenge NPC, nor on the ground near where I surrendered. 

I look forward to seeing this integrated into FSS and ST once it is released. (Shades of Sanguine's Debauchery?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this mod.  I have a question; I heard a scream after the black screen.  Is that the player character?  A request; is it possible to make the results random by adding a random option?  That is, what happens after the surrender is random rather than selected and used each time.  Also, is there a way to make the human companions surrender when the player does?  Thanks for a very nice mod.  I can't wait for someone to add animations.

Having troubles with the mod. After testing, essential still means death for me. Also, being stripped apparently causes my game to simply stop. I reported that earlier, but after some testing, its not the random location causing trouble (that one choice worked everytime), but being stripped definitely does cause my game to simply stop. I walked away one time to do a thing and came back to see if it was scripts taking time, but nothing was happening. Had to close down the game.

Hi there: This is a great mod. I have been using it a while now. I realize the inventory dump is probably not ever going to be selective. My character hates getting her jewelry stripped from her. There is something creepy about a super mutant removing her piercings, and some are in places that are a bit private in location ;)  haha. One thing I find very immersion breaking is followers and how they are handled. followers should be stripped too and dumped with the player. to me sending them home is even more immersion breaking. So currently I have to un-equip them myself. Which does not really fix it because they can still draw a weapon. Kinda misses the point ;)  I was wondering if it is possible to modify the code to strip followers too? The same NPC can hold both sets of gear. In my Game my follower is joined at the hip to my character they do everything together so obviously they would suffer the same consequences.

I have also gotten the occasional hard lock up upon surrender. It happens roughly half the time. it seems to me when I am kneeling is when things get dicey. Which i also have the chameleon effect normally. So  I am thinking it is because of one of the two conditions.

Added a better way to integrate my mod with a little instruction for modders.

Also, new surrender condition. Now if you don't have a weapon equipped ("naked") enemies will start chasing after you instead of shooting you on sight. You can sneak past them or try to run away from them (it's really hard though). Haven't done much testing so I expect it to be broken. Also, I don't think it's possible to check if player is naked until a full F4SE release, so for now it's only no weapon.

It would be reasonable not to worry about nakedness. I think no-weapon sounds like a nice idea. Captors can arrange the nakedness. They should be most interested in the player's apparent vulnerability.

Actually I think you can check for nakedness at least with slot 33. Devious cursed wasteland attaches a slave collar on the player and shocks them if it "sees" slot 33 filled.

Because I would love to see something based off of true nakedness. For instance: My character strips down to go swimming. She does not wear all her gear while swimming across the bay or rivers. This would make a harder choice of going around and find a bridge or taking the chance and swimming across.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome stuff

I'd love to see if civilised factions left non-armor clothing on you or you are left wearing just in rags.

Companion should be dealt with the same as the player.

Stripped naked more likely if female and chances of devious wasteland devices being added.

And I love the relinquished plugin too.

This mod alone has got me hooked back into playing and modding FO4 again :)

I'd love to see this mod expanded so involves animations of overpowering the player in combat where the player is grabbed by multiple 1-3 assailants and has to hit the struggle key or accept defeat. while held weapons would be progressively removed or dropped too faster the more assailants there are.

I'm trying to hook it into Devious Wasteland Devices at the moment based on Delios's SurrenderPluginRelinguished

I'd love to see this mod expanded so involves animations of overpowering the player in combat where the player is grabbed by multiple 1-3 assailants and has to hit the struggle key or accept defeat. while held weapons would be progressively removed or dropped too faster the more assailants there are.

I'm trying to hook it into Devious Wasteland Devices at the moment based on Delios's SurrenderPluginRelinguished

Halstrom, my plugin might be broken. Play with it at your own risk! Last time I tested it, the relocation script didn't seem to work as expected anymore (some game update?). And I made the player drop everything, which could cause problems.

But would love to see if you can get it to work properly and what becomes of it hooked with Devious Wasteland Devices!!!

Halstrom, my plugin might be broken. Play with it at your own risk! Last time I tested it, the relocation script didn't seem to work as expected anymore (some game update?). And I made the player drop everything, which could cause problems.

But would love to see if you can get it to work properly and what becomes of it hooked with Devious Wasteland Devices!!!

Hmm relocating seems to work ok for me so far, I'm trying to get it to strip the companion too.

Hmm relocating seems to work ok for me so far, I'm trying to get it to strip the companion too.

Might be a mod I installed later then. Haven't touched that mod since I posted it, last time I was trying to get some packages to work with the assault NPC's, but never figured out how packages worked. Looking forward to what you make of it!

Where do I find the settings object? Do I have to craft it or something?

I've found it before now on a different character, but there's no sign of it on my new one.

It gets removed with the rest of your stuff when you get stripped. As far as I know you can only re-add it by console, or by recovering your stuff.

Where do I find the settings object? Do I have to craft it or something?

I've found it before now on a different character, but there's no sign of it on my new one.

It gets removed with the rest of your stuff when you get stripped. As far as I know you can only re-add it by console, or by recovering your stuff.

Heh. I was playing survival mode and forgot I had it loaded. Got into trouble in Concord and the next thing I know I'm down near the glowing sea in my undies - at level four!

Thing is, I reloaded from before I was stripped and I still didn't have the controller. Oh well, uninstalled for the time being.