Hey all just looking to make friends

GhostMirror

Guest MonsterFish

I can see your point, yet those generic things are usually what sells Star Wars for me.. Don't get me wrong, corrupt governments with more advanced technology is also awesome and I actually like seeing Scifi movies where the only advance is the Government's spying on everyone.. Can you suggest any good movies with such themes?

I don't watch many movies. 1984 is pretty good depending on your definition of 'SciFi'. But I'm sure everyone and their grandmother has heard of 1984 by now.

For a good book, and again depending on your definition of 'SciFi' I'd recommend Leviathan (Also illustrated by Keith Thompson.) It's more of a retrofuturism, set during WWI it's a retelling where the Allied powers use gene-spliced creatures and are called 'Darwinists', the titular Leviathan is a hydrogen filled Whale where most of the book takes place, it also includes Hydrogen filled jellyfish called Huxleys, Bats with iron on their wings for cutting ropes and destroying aircraft and so on and so on. The Axis powers are named the Clankers and use Diesel powered mechs and 'Land Battleships', it's pretty cool actually.

I can see your point, yet those generic things are usually what sells Star Wars for me.. Don't get me wrong, corrupt governments with more advanced technology is also awesome and I actually like seeing Scifi movies where the only advance is the Government's spying on everyone.. Can you suggest any good movies with such themes?

I don't watch many movies. 1984 is pretty good depending on your definition of 'SciFi'. But I'm sure everyone and their grandmother has heard of 1984 by now.

For a good book, and again depending on your definition of 'SciFi' I'd recommend Leviathan (Also illustrated by Keith Thompson.) It's more of a retrofuturism, set during WWI it's a retelling where the Allied powers use gene-spliced creatures and are called 'Darwinists', the titular Leviathan is a hydrogen filled Whale where most of the book takes place, it also includes Hydrogen filled jellyfish called Huxleys, Bats with iron on their wings for cutting ropes and destroying aircraft and so on and so on. The Axis powers are named the Clankers and use Diesel powered mechs and 'Land Battleships', it's pretty cool actually.

I have never heard of 1984 in my life, but I will most definitely check it out!

In regards to Leviathan, I will see if my local library has it, and if not, I will try to see if I can find any good sales for it. Thanks for the suggestions, both sounds like quite the watch!

Guest MonsterFish

In regards to Leviathan, I will see if my local library has it, and if not, I will try to see if I can find any good sales for it. Thanks for the suggestions, both sounds like quite the watch!

Really? A person called 'The Philosophile' has NEVER heard of 1984? That's... something. Maybe it's called something else in Danish? It's written by George Orwell.

In regards to Leviathan, it's not a film. It is a very very obscure book so I doubt it will be in a library but it is on Kindle. I'd only heard of it because I was a fan of Keith Thompsons artwork.

Hello everyone! I have pretty much the same story as thread opener! Been doing my own thing on these forums but not looking through general topics that much. But today i was like, i gotta check the community out. :P So what are you talking about? Ah! Before you answer that question i'll introduce myself with a form.

Things i like...

• Games i like:

Skyrim! And so many other that i'd be bored to include them but along the lines of visually appealing games with much action.

• Series/Movies i like:

Depends on mood but right now the anime Bakuon!! It's about motorcycles and girls with unexpected turns of fun. But okay since i'm on Loverslab i'll tell you a naughty one, ready? Okay here it goes: Prison School!!!! That anime is naughty naughty and i recommend it to everyone ever. x )

• Candy i like:

It's delicious huhu. I like sweet but thick chocolate spread.

• Online activity

I try to be online alot but sometimes end up replying late to messages if i'm sucked up in modding, gaming and miscellaneous tasks.

So that's me. Again. Hello! Please be nice to me. ^^)

I am me.  I am always open to chat tho.  Always willing to say hi on Steam (contact info available in sig)

Pretty open, non-judgmental kinda guy.  

Looking for friends.  Gets kinda boring and lonely here since I am disabled.  Wife is the sole breadwinner right now.  Fighting with disability.  They don't wanna give it to me for some stupid reason. :(

Hello everyone! I have pretty much the same story as thread opener! Been doing my own thing on these forums but not looking through general topics that much. But today i was like, i gotta check the community out. :P So what are you talking about? Ah! Before you answer that question i'll introduce myself with a form.

Things i like...

• Games i like:

Skyrim! And so many other that i'd be bored to include them but along the lines of visually appealing games with much action.

• Series/Movies i like:

Depends on mood but right now the anime Bakuon!! It's about motorcycles and girls with unexpected turns of fun. But okay since i'm on Loverslab i'll tell you a naughty one, ready? Okay here it goes: Prison School!!!! That anime is naughty naughty and i recommend it to everyone ever. x )

• Candy i like:

• Online activity

I try to be online alot but sometimes end up replying late to messages if i'm sucked up in modding, gaming and miscellaneous tasks.

Hello and nice to meet you that sounds interesting :)

welcome to the thread yeah we have had discussions of many different topics in one on here its span from Music, to movies, games, to so many different things its  gone off in all manner of directions 

I am me.  I am always open to chat tho.  Always willing to say hi on Steam (contact info available in sig)

Looking for friends.  Gets kinda boring and lonely here since I am disabled.  Wife is the sole breadwinner right now.  Fighting with disability.  They don't wanna give it to me for some stupid reason. :(

Hello friend its nice to meet you a lot of us are rather chill here there has been discussions of so many different topics feel welcome to join in :)

Guest MonsterFish

Not that I am aware of I don't know I don't do drugs and don't have the technical knowledge on things in that area 

I always thought it was just a form of expression talk of telling someone to chill out 

It is. But a more literal way of looking it is 'Dude, why are you so angry. Take some Acid/Ecstasy and you'll calm down'

Not that I am aware of I don't know I don't do drugs and don't have the technical knowledge on things in that area 

I always thought it was just a form of expression talk of telling someone to chill out 

It is. But a more literal way of looking it is 'Dude, why are you so angry. Take some Acid/Ecstasy and you'll calm down'

Okay I'll remember that 

Things i like...

• Games i like:

• Series/Movies i like:

• Candy i like:

• Online activity

yaho !!!  so nice to meet you.......... :heart:

hey......... nice to meet you.... :)

Really? A person called 'The Philosophile' has NEVER heard of 1984? That's... something. Maybe it's called something else in Danish? It's written by George Orwell.

In regards to Leviathan, it's not a film. It is a very very obscure book so I doubt it will be in a library but it is on Kindle. I'd only heard of it because I was a fan of Keith Thompsons artwork.

Well, my old username "SebbyD" were visually unappealing to me and I decided that a change was needed. I am a philosophile, so I thought that the name would be fitting. However, since you say it like that, I shall watch it tonight after I have watched the newest GoT episode, as it sounds like fodder for the brain. 

I do not believe that it is called something different in Danish, as I do not think it ever got much attention here. Also, there are several books called "Leviathan" in my library, yet some of them do not have a description on the website.. Do you know the name of the author?

Isn't 'Chill Pills' a euphemism for MDMA?

Or LSD.

A few drug dealers are known to use this term for LSD, yes, but it is probably more well-known for that "invisible" little pill you give to people who are overreacting.

Guest MonsterFish

I do not believe that it is called something different in Danish, as I do not think it ever got much attention here. Also, there are several books called "Leviathan" in my library, yet some of them do not have a description on the website.. Do you know the name of the author?

Scott Westerfeld

Also if you're interested there's a book called 'The Windup Girl' by Paolo Bacigalupi that has a similar(ish) storyline to 1984 but in a biopunk/steampunk setting. I didn't really like it and got bored a few pages but it has some political and philosophical themes that you might enjoy.

@ The Philosophile    

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin, oddly fitting to Skyrim modding..     

i did'nt read this at first..................but...............yes i do understand your struggles..... :)

Scott Westerfeld

Also if you're interested there's a book called 'The Windup Girl' by Paolo Bacigalupi that has a similar(ish) storyline to 1984 but in a biopunk/steampunk setting. I didn't really like it and got bored a few pages but it has some political and philosophical themes that you might enjoy.

I have never been a big fan of Steampunk, but I will give it a search.. Thank you for the suggestion, Monsterfish!

@ The Philosophile    

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin, oddly fitting to Skyrim modding..     

i did'nt read this at first..................but...............yes i do understand your struggles..... :)

We all had struggles in the beginning. Mine were a bit less extreme as I usually followed either the advice of the Youtuber Gopher, or used my wits to figure out what could be wrong. However, if there is one thing I am certain of, it is that me not installing TES5EDIT will come back and bite me in the ass someday..

@ The Philosophile    

We all had struggles in the beginning. Mine were a bit less extreme as I usually followed either the advice of the Youtuber Gopher, or used my wits to figure out what could be wrong. However, if there is one thing I am certain of, it is that me not installing TES5EDIT will come back and bite me in the ass someday..

TES5EDIT......there isn't even an installing part to it ............its basically extract and paste in folder in your skyrim directory ... :mellow:  

@ The Philosophile    

TES5EDIT......there isn't even an installing part to it ............its basically extract and paste in folder in your skyrim directory ... :mellow:  

I know, and I really should bother installing it and learning how to use it, but I just haven't seen the need yet, which in turn has made me lazy..

@ The Philosophile    

I know, and I really should bother installing it and learning how to use it, but I just haven't seen the need yet, which in turn has made me lazy..

I haven't really needed to use it either.  The only mods I have installed that LOOT even complains about are the official ESMs.  Skyrim, Dawnguard, etc.  hah  I really used TES5EDIT to repair them once a long time ago, and I don't think it really made any difference, tbh.

welcome to the thread yeah we have had discussions of many different topics in one on here its span from Music, to movies, games, to so many different things its  gone off in all manner of directions 

Thank you thank youuu, Ghost. Is Ghost okay or do you prefer GhostMirror? Or Ghosty? :3

I'll try to join in on something then. Mostly what triggers me is topics about Skyrim itself or the latest animated movie. I'm not up to date with movies though. But music ahh, i watched the music competition aired in Europe just last week! Heard about it? <3

yaho !!!  so nice to meet you.......... :heart:

Thank you ^^)

Nice to meet you too Miyu Miyu. I happened to check your profile! Those are some nice screenshots. :3

Thank you thank youuu, Ghost. Is Ghost okay or do you prefer GhostMirror? Or Ghosty? :3

I'll try to join in on something then. Mostly what triggers me is topics about Skyrim itself or the latest animated movie. I'm not up to date with movies though. But music ahh, i watched the music competition aired in Europe just last week! Heard about it? <3

Its not a problem well people decided to call me Ghostie on here I was given a new nickname so you can call me that if you wish :)

No I haven't herd of it or looking into it 

Guest MonsterFish

Eurovision. As usual I watched it with my friends because half the fun of Eurovision is taking the piss out of the contestants with your friends.

Archived