Hey all just looking to make friends

GhostMirror

Guest MonsterFish

I just realised that both Hodor and Gregor Clegane are giant (Mysterious Brother sub-plot, eh GRR Martin?). And some say that Sandor Clegane is still alive.

THREE WAY CLEGANEBOWL CONFIRMED.

Guest MonsterFish

I just realised that both Hodor and Gregor Clegane are giant (Mysterious Brother sub-plot, eh GRR Martin?). And some say that Sandor Clegane is still alive.

THREE WAY CLEGANEBOWL CONFIRMED.

The Hound and Hodor as brothers?  I guess it is possible.  Anything goes since the TV series is going beyond the books, at the moment.

Nah I'm kidding. Hodor is the grandson of Old Nan even in the show and the Cleganes never had another brother. As you said it is the TV series and it goes beyond the books, but I don't think HBO would be that ridiculous.

Guest MonsterFish

Gendry joined the Brotherhood without Banners so it's likely we may see him again in the coming episodes.

[spoiler for those who have yet to see Season 5/6]

With the death of Stannis the Mannis, Gendry is now the only one left of House Baratheon, but since he's a Bastard he has no right to the throne or the House name

(We may also see Lady Stoneheart.)

Guest MonsterFish

I really hope so. Her few appearances in the books were some of my favorites moments.

Considering that the Freys said that the Brotherhood without Banners were rallying the Smallfolk and being more aggressive, this seems like a teaser to the introduction to Lady Stoneheart since she's far more aggressive than Dondarrion was.

Guest MonsterFish

[spoiler for latest GoT Episode]

SANDOR CLEGANE IS ALIVE I FUCKING KNEW IT!!

I love The Hound, he's such a good character

Cleganebowl confirmed.

*cri* hey all again! i read through a bit and i guess i missed the anime talk cause now we're talking about GoT? well okay, here's my story. Akin to Suran Argonus first encounter to hentai, my first encounter with GoT was not fun to say the least xD Okay so here is how it goes. I had no interest in GoT at all when it first debuted. but it quickly got popular by people. so... after a few seasons had aired i decided hey i'll take a peek so i know what it's all about. turn on the TV mid-episode and bam. I get into a gore scene. GORE SCENE!!! It's not funny it's just repulsing so i never watch again. : p

Now though Effie insisted that i watch GoT from the start, and there's alot of plots and talking. so it's okay now, very exciting developments and some funny characters. but guess what? I'd still watch BAKUON!!

The exclamation marks are part of it name, don't look at me. xD That anime is about little girls who do motorcycles. Since that's usually a masculine thing i think it's a very fun anime, and the jokes are so unique and always catch me off-guard! Can't predict them no matter how hard i try xD So i laugh alot. But eh don't let me derail the thread too much...

Umm I know. I'll tell you about an anime with a medieval theme as to get back on track. So, thinking of GoT, i read someone mention Fullmetal Alchemist a few posts back? So an anime/manga that's from the same creator would be Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan)! That anime is quite similar to GoT. Anyone know it? Well you should! xD xD

Guest MonsterFish

There's a lot more gore and sex where that came from, it's set in a fantasy setting akin to the middle ages so don't expect sunflowers and rainbows.

Don't get too attached to your favourite characters, really.

I don't have Premium channels.  I actually haven't watched anything on HBO or the similar channels in a long time.  

I haven't watched GoT at all...and haven't even seen a single episode.  I haven't even been the least bit interested.  My only knowledge of the show comes from memes and the rabid fan posts.  HOWEVER...I love this meme..

post-446681-0-01309000-1465318881_thumb.jpg

Used it last time when I told a bunch of Rabid Walking Dead fans that there was a Special Guest Writer for the WD Finale...

There's a lot more gore and sex where that came from, it's set in a fantasy setting akin to the middle ages so don't expect sunflowers and rainbows.

Don't get too attached to your favourite characters, really.

Yep, there sure is. So that's why i usually look at the shows with sunflowers and rainbows instead. xD But i slowly look through GoT, and i enjoy the character development.

Guest MonsterFish

Yep, there sure is. So that's why i usually look at the shows with sunflowers and rainbows instead. xD But i slowly look through GoT, and i enjoy the character development.

I'm the kind of person that abhorrs Sunshine and Rainbows settings, it's so fucking boring. One of the reasons I hate Disney is the whole 'Man meets woman, they share 12 seconds of screentime together, almost kiss but is inevitably interrupted by a dog or a watersplash or something, the woman finds out the man betrayed them or whatever, the woman goes off to fight generic villain on their own but is trapped or defeated, man comes back defeats generic villain together with woman and they all live happily ever after'.

It's so fucking predictable and boring, can someone fucking die and give it a bit of flavour.

I'm the kind of person that abhorrs Sunshine and Rainbows settings, it's so fucking boring. One of the reasons I hate Disney is the whole 'Man meets woman, they share 12 seconds of screentime together, almost kiss but is inevitably interrupted by a dog or a watersplash or something, the woman finds out the man betrayed them or whatever, the woman goes off to fight generic villain on their own but is trapped or defeated, man comes back defeats generic villain together with woman and they all live happily ever after'.

It's so fucking predictable and boring, can someone fucking die and give it a bit of flavour.

If you really like dark stuff and haven't gotten into anime yet

MonsterFish, on 05 Jun 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

My favourite anime is Breaking Bad and it's Spin-off, Game of Thrones.

I liked the part where Bryan Cranston-San used his Ultimate Glassmaking Technique.

Only based on this post, which made me lol

I would highly recommend watching another if looking to watch a series, or corpse party if you want a small taste. Both are full of death, and oh so much gore. 

Guest MonsterFish

I liked the part where Bryan Cranston-San used his Ultimate Glassmaking Technique.

I would highly recommend watching another if looking to watch a series or corpse party if you want a small taste both are full of sad themes and oh so much gore. 

I don't watch Anime.

I mean, I do but not much nowadays. I prefer to watch Live Action shows, that is if I do at all.

And Anime gore tends to be gory for the sake of being gory. There's no sense to it, in GoT there's gore for a reason. A character dies there'll undoubtedly be a reason as to why he died unless the killer is Gregor fucking Clegane in which case there don't need to be no reason.

I would highly recommend watching another if looking to watch a series or corpse party if you want a small taste both are full of sad themes and oh so much gore. 

I don't watch Anime.

I mean, I do but not much nowadays. I prefer to watch Live Action shows, that is if I do at all.

I'm the exact opposite lol I barely watch live action shows I have yet to see GoT I will eventually but I don't have HBO, I have watched breaking bad though. Are there any live action shows you or otherwise would recommend?

Guest MonsterFish

I'm the exact opposite lol I barely watch live action shows I have yet to see GoT I will eventually but I don't have HBO, I have watched breaking bad though. Are there any live action shows you or otherwise would recommend?

We don't get a feed of HBO in Britain so you can probably guess where I get my videos from.

And if you need recommendations it really depends on what you like. I watch shit-loads of comedies with Dramas inbetween.

We don't get a feed of HBO in Britain so you can probably guess where I get my videos from.

And if you need recommendations it really depends on what you like. I watch shit-loads of comedies with Dramas inbetween.

Comedy is my favorite genre, my favorite show of all time is without a doubt scrubs. Also I never knew that HBO wasn't in Britain, makes you wonder why they don't have it overseas since it's very popular here  

Guest MonsterFish

Comedy is my favorite genre, my favorite show of all time is without a doubt scrubs. Also I never knew that HBO wasn't in Britain, makes you wonder why they don't have it overseas since it's very popular here  

It is in Britain, but it's with Sky and I don't have Sky cus it fucking sucks I aint paying like £50 a month so I can watch 1 show that I like.

If you watch comedies I can list a few good British Comedies.

The Mighty Boosh.

The IT Crowd.

Inbetweeners.

Peep Show.

Aliens

There's also Humans which is a Sci-fi Drama based around 'Synths' (Not the Fallout kind) being integrated into British society and the fallout based around it. Won't spoil it if you're wanting to watch it.

As for America, don't watch Big Bang Theory. It fucking sucks.

Last Man on Earth.

Better Call Saul.

That's it really.

It is in Britain, but it's with Sky and I don't have Sky cus it fucking sucks I aint paying like £50 a month so I can watch 1 show that I like.

If you watch comedies I can list a few good British Comedies.

The Mighty Boosh.

The IT Crowd.

Inbetweeners.

Peep Show.

Aliens

There's also Humans which is a Sci-fi Drama based around 'Synths' (Not the Fallout kind) being integrated into British society and the fallout based around it. Won't spoil it if you're wanting to watch it.

As for America, don't watch Big Bang Theory. It fucking sucks.

Last Man on Earth.

Better Call Saul.

That's it really.

I can't believe that I've only seen the IT crowd which is hilarious. My current job is in the IT field and I swear that everyone i've ever met in IT has referenced it at some point. And I totally forgot about the spinoff breaking bad series.

Guest MonsterFish

One thing I don't get - and this has got nothing to do with anything - is the way Americans seem to think it's okay to air episodes. I mean, in England you have a 12 episodes so they're aired week by week for 12 weeks. Why do Americans seem to think it's okay to have breaks inbetween? Start in September, have a break over christmas even though the filming was complete a month prior, have a 'Season Break' and come back with 'Season X - Part 2', have another break by Spring before finishing in early summer. It's fucking ridiculous, is it not possible to air an episode a week? Is the script too hard to do compared to the scripts British Screenwriters write? Are Brits seen as too polite and punctual?

From what I've heard it's based on whats called Nielsen families or the average of average families. They have these breaks when not as many "average" families are watching which reduces profit for the shows and networks. also if they space it out, the next season starts sooner since most shows are released around September 

From what I've heard it's based on whats called Nielsen families or the average of average families. They have these breaks when not as many "average" families are watching which reduces profit for the shows and networks. also if they space it out, the next season starts sooner since most shows are released around September 

Neilsen is a load of crap.

The rating system by default can and does track every possible viewership style..INCLUDING DVR.  However most networks only care about LIVE viewership...or at least did until the last year or 2.  This is why so many shows that rocked...died a quick death.  

People just don't have time to watch them live.  Major networks were slow to realize this.  SyFy (and previously when it was known as SciFi) caught onto this...which is why Battlestar Galactica survived as long as it did)

I hardly bother with live TV anymore.  I watch my DVR at my convenience.  Neilsen is also supposed to take in account online vieweship as well, like Netflix and Hulu type services.  Also the other pay services like CBS's All Access now is supposed to be covered.  

But like I said...The Major Networks were too slow to pick up on that.  So many shows died prematurely.  And I am not even referring to Firefly...tho I think it could be counted in that list myself.  hahah

I would highly recommend watching another if looking to watch a series, or corpse party if you want a small taste. Both are full of death, and oh so much gore. 

Ooh those are creepy. Personally i enjoy the Corpse Party game, but the anime is not my thing. And Another... Have a few disturbing scenes but after watching the OVA it's just a really cute and pretty anime to me. : D

I don't watch Anime.

And Anime gore tends to be gory for the sake of being gory. There's no sense to it, in GoT there's gore for a reason. A character dies there'll undoubtedly be a reason as to why he died unless the killer is Gregor fucking Clegane in which case there don't need to be no reason.

It totally makes sense, gore for the sake of it is not my thing either... Wait, gore at all isn't my thing. xD So what i mean is, eh you get it. x )

Though Anime to me is very interesting because in some of the artistic ones, the very actions themselves can sometimes be manifestations of a story or the form of a thought.

Hey I'm not very new to the site I joined last year but have been quiet for a while lurking per say but I want to post more now and am looking to make friends its a really nice helpful community you have here (as I needed support with some mods I couldn't get working correctly) I had been downloading mods and trying them out for Skyrim 

am just a friendly face passing through 

greetings i am kind of new to the site only been here about 2-3 months ish but im always looking to make new friends so feel free to add me but fair warning the only game i know about stuff for is skyrim.

Archived