[idea] Buildable sexbot

4 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Behold the shiny new Robo-Boobs!

servitron wip 2018-06-17 - Robo-Boobs

I am very proud of myself right now, even if it does need some polishing (well, not the boobs, those were polished enough already :)).

The armor plate texture is only temporary, using a piece cut out of the original Assaultron Torso - this needs to be redone, or maybe a completely new texture from scratch should be created (but i dont do textures! i am no artist! heeelp!).

Nice! Very nice!

Silly robot orifices are done, but what a nightmare it was!

Of course NOW i could do it all from scratch in under 10 minutes, but it took me a full day of trial and error to learn how.

And now i look at it and wonder... WHY? Why am i even doing this? First of all, it doesn't look exactly as i hoped it would. Secondly, nobody will ever see it in game anyway!

servitron wip 2018-06-18 - Roboholes

8 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Silly robot orifices are done, but what a nightmare it was!

Of course NOW i could do it all from scratch in under 10 minutes, but it took me a full day of trial and error to learn how.

And now i look at it and wonder... WHY? Why am i even doing this? First of all, it doesn't look exactly as i hoped it would. Secondly, nobody will ever see it in game anyway!

servitron wip 2018-06-18 - Roboholes

I think it looks pretty great and its the little details that make it worth downloading. Can't wait for release!

8 hours ago, person2424 said:

I think it looks pretty great and its the little details that make it worth downloading. Can't wait for release!

Thanks, i hope you are right.

We shall see soon enough, the last thing that needs to be done is to rework the front metal plate texture.

But i need to take a break right now, because i had an appointment at the dentist, and now my mouth look like this:

Where is my teeth?!

...will be back when the headache is gone.

In the meantime, all you guys keep a lookout for any texture artists lurking around here.

If you see any, do not scare them, do not engage, do not react, remain looking casual, and send me a PM and my ppl will take it from there.

Finally, i got to actually trying it in the game, and found some imperfections:

- smoothing needs to be adjusted on front armor plate to get rid of the dark faces near the edge bellow neck.

- front armor plate texture could use improvement (but i think i reached the peak of my abilities here).

- the "plastic" abdomen texture could use improvement too (but again, i dont think i can do any better).

- rubber rings around lower body orifices need weight paints and OS sliders adjusted to prevent strange deformation.

- shoulders need to be weighted differently, to prevent glaring deformation not suitable for such rigid robotic body.

- chains underneath the front plate needs refining to allow better slider deformations preventing clipping.

- throat hose seem to have some excessive smoothing applied, or maybe the UVW mapping needs to be fixed.

After fixing the issues mentioned above, i can start working on a proper ESP plugin (adding all the mods, different parts, and material swaps).

And here are some not very good random images:

servitron wip 2018-06-21 - Bowler Hatservitron wip 2018-06-21 - Glowing eyes

2 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Finally, i got to actually trying it in the game, and found some imperfections:

- smoothing needs to be adjusted on front armor plate to get rid of the dark faces near the edge bellow neck.

- front armor plate texture could use improvement (but i think i reached the peak of my abilities here).

- the "plastic" abdomen texture could use improvement too (but again, i dont think i can do any better).

- rubber rings around lower body orifices need weight paints and OS sliders adjusted to prevent strange deformation.

- shoulders need to be weighted differently, to prevent glaring deformation not suitable for such rigid robotic body.

- chains underneath the front plate needs refining to allow better slider deformations preventing clipping.

- throat hose seem to have some excessive smoothing applied, or maybe the UVW mapping needs to be fixed.

After fixing the issues mentioned above, i can start working on a proper ESP plugin (adding all the mods, different parts, and material swaps).

And here are some not very good random images:

servitron wip 2018-06-21 - Bowler Hatservitron wip 2018-06-21 - Glowing eyes

Exactly what i've been waiting for. After all these years its finally almost here.

I need to make up my mind about how it should work.

Of course it will be a robot that you can build in the robot workbench, but should all the parts and variants be "mods"?

Some of them could be simply wearable items, like normal armor.

For example, the front torso panel could be a wearable item - when worn, boobs will be covered, and when not worn, boobs will be shown (the worn item would be replacing the torso item in same body slot - just like it is with normal armors).

Or am i just overcomplicating things?

While i was thinking about it, i put together some images for reference.

Its just the torso, abdomen, and legs...

servitron wip 2018-06-21 - Parts - Torsoservitron wip 2018-06-21 - Parts - Abdomenservitron wip 2018-06-21 - Parts - Legs

6 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Just a thought but does a human head or hair fit with this ok too?

That depends... it certainly is possible to put a human head on top of the torso, but the way the neck connects with the torso will require some adjustments, otherwise it won't look good.

I didn't make any such adjustments, but it shouldn't be hard - the question is, how it's going to look with the human neck.

I am not a fan of having a human head there, i'd rather keep all parts as much robotic as possible, but i am not against it - but i think the best way to go about it would be to somehow attach the head onto the assaultron neck (eg. not just take the human head+neck and glue it on top of the torso, but take only the human head, cut the neck and replace it with the assaultorn robotic neck), i think that might look cool.

I will try to make a quick proof of concept, just to see how it would look and how feasible it would be, but first i need to finish the plugin and push the release :)

As for hair... theoretically, you can put anything anywhere. It's perfectly doable, whether with the human head or the assaultron one.

But again, i didn't do anything to make it possible at this point - so, again, maybe later.

I have some bad news though...

I spent a lot of time trying to weight paint the meshes in some way that would prevent any unwanted deformations, but there is no way.

The human animations are flexing and stretching the parts in such a way that it is impossible to "fix" it just by adjusting weights.

The shoulder is the worst - a lot of squeezing and twisting can occur during some animations.

This sucks.

servitron wip 2018-06-22 - Deformations

55 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

That depends... it certainly is possible to put a human head on top of the torso, but the way the neck connects with the torso will require some adjustments, otherwise it won't look good.

I didn't make any such adjustments, but it shouldn't be hard - the question is, how it's going to look with the human neck.

I am not a fan of having a human head there, i'd rather keep all parts as much robotic as possible, but i am not against it - but i think the best way to go about it would be to somehow attach the head onto the assaultron neck (eg. not just take the human head+neck and glue it on top of the torso, but take only the human head, cut the neck and replace it with the assaultorn robotic neck), i think that might look cool.

I will try to make a quick proof of concept, just to see how it would look and how feasible it would be, but first i need to finish the plugin and push the release :)

As for hair... theoretically, you can put anything anywhere. It's perfectly doable, whether with the human head or the assaultron one.

But again, i didn't do anything to make it possible at this point - so, again, maybe later.

No problem, don't worry about it.

33 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

I have some bad news though...

I spent a lot of time trying to weight paint the meshes in some way that would prevent any unwanted deformations, but there is no way.

The human animations are flexing and stretching the parts in such a way that it is impossible to "fix" it just by adjusting weights.

The shoulder is the worst - a lot of squeezing and twisting can occur during some animations.

This sucks.

servitron wip 2018-06-22 - Deformations

Looks good enough to me, but theres probably no real way of getting around it other than the Assaultron skeleton and animations, which would mean sex animations were needed, no idea if its the same situation for Gen 1 synths too.

1 hour ago, Halstrom said:

No problem, don't worry about it.

Looks good enough to me, but theres probably no real way of getting around it other than the Assaultron skeleton and animations, which would mean sex animations were needed, no idea if its the same situation for Gen 1 synths too.

I was hoping maybe i could at least minimize it, so i am a bit disapointed.

Gen 1/2 synths are using the human skeleton.

1 hour ago, tokyobomber said:

"but should all the parts and variants be "mods"?"

In my opinion , Rog, you should keep every parts as mod, to reduce the amount of work on your side.

And its a bit more practical, to keep everything on the robot workbench

Actually, making the things into mod parts is a bit more work than just making them into outfit items (mods require some stuff added into the NIFs via nifskope, adding keywords and stuf on the items in CK and creating the miscmod and omod items, adding parts into some formlists).

But i agree that it would be more practical to make them all as mod parts.

But i will keep any outfits as normal outfit items (like the following teaser image)

servitron wip 2018-06-22 - Maid

(but don't get too excited yet, i didn't yet even asked for a permisison to use the outfit, i was just testing it first)

On 6/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, Roggvir said:

I need to make up my mind about how it should work.

Of course it will be a robot that you can build in the robot workbench, but should all the parts and variants be "mods"?

Some of them could be simply wearable items, like normal armor.

For example, the front torso panel could be a wearable item - when worn, boobs will be covered, and when not worn, boobs will be shown (the worn item would be replacing the torso item in same body slot - just like it is with normal armors).

Or am i just overcomplicating things?

While i was thinking about it, i put together some images for reference.

Its just the torso, abdomen, and legs...

servitron wip 2018-06-21 - Parts - Torsoservitron wip 2018-06-21 - Parts - Abdomenservitron wip 2018-06-21 - Parts - Legs

I say workbench mods. Of course, if this proves to be a ridiculously convoluted/difficult task, then make them wearable. In the end, we just want the mod.  

12 hours ago, person2424 said:

I say workbench mods. Of course, if this proves to be a ridiculously convoluted/difficult task, then make them wearable. In the end, we just want the mod.  

Yeah, workbench mods it is.

If needed, wearable items can be added later.

Some good news at last...

I got a confirmation that i am permited to utilize the French Maid outfit as long as i credit its original creators.

So, this is going to be a thing.

463496036_servitronwip2018-06-22-Maid.thumb.png.e57046c08bcffa7f4022bc33c26c3466.png

I also got confirmation that the permission to use some of the Fortaleza assets is still valid, so i added yet another variant of the abdomen part, made from the wetsuit - i think it should go nicely with the rugged look of the other parts (when using the original assaultron materials).

Hats off to all these beautifull kind creators!

Now i am in the process of making the actual plugin in CK/xEdit, creating omod and miscmod records for the parts, adding material swaps, etc.

While doing this, i noticed some slight imperfections in geometry of some of the parts, but i will fix that later in an update, because if i'd start messing with that now, there is no telling how much time i might spend on it (it can be a deadly combo, being a little perfectionist and inexperienced with Max at the same time).

QUESTION:

Is there any demand for additional option for the robot, to make it move like a male?

(eg. using male animations and behavior)

Normally, the robots are "ungendered", but i thought why not give ppl the option.

Using the SexChange console command, i can change the sex of the robot and it affects the animations accordingly.

But how to do it without using the console command?

I naively thought i can make a mod that will change the robot's sex when applied to it.

Using scripted enchantment added by the mod, i could use the OnMagicEffectStart to check and eventually change the robot's sex as desired

...except i cannot, becase there doesn't seem to be a scripting command to change sex.

The only solution i can think of right now, is to have TWO ungendered robots - one using female anims, and another using male anims.

But adding yet another robot race just for this, i dont know... does anyone want this?

7 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

QUESTION:

Is there any demand for additional option for the robot, to make it move like a male?

(eg. using male animations and behavior)

Normally, the robots are "ungendered", but i thought why not give ppl the option.

Using the SexChange console command, i can change the sex of the robot and it affects the animations accordingly.

But how to do it without using the console command?

I naively thought i can make a mod that will change the robot's sex when applied to it.

Using scripted enchantment added by the mod, i could use the OnMagicEffectStart to check and eventually change the robot's sex as desired

...except i cannot, becase there doesn't seem to be a scripting command to change sex.

The only solution i can think of right now, is to have TWO ungendered robots - one using female anims, and another using male anims.

But adding yet another robot race just for this, i dont know... does anyone want this?

I looked through the thread and didn't see anyone requesting anything like that. Don't see a reason to worry yourself about niche features like that.

1 hour ago, person2424 said:

I looked through the thread and didn't see anyone requesting anything like that. Don't see a reason to worry yourself about niche features like that.

Hmm, true. I need to stop getting distracted by things like this.

The robot idle humming sound...

I think it is too loud - maybe not for something like the Sentry Bot, but definitely too loud for the other smaller robots.

And it always annoyed me, especially when sneaking, because i couldn't hear anything but the stupid robot.

I wanted to give the Servitron a different sound, while letting the vanilla bots keep the original one, but that cannot be done.

There is a workbench robot npc audio template from which every robot you build inherits the sound.

I tried editing the sound descriptor, turning it into a list of sounds with race conditions set, but the conditions are evaluated only once when the robot is first spawned in the robot workbench (at which time it is the base protectron), so it doesn't help.

Therefore, the change will affect ALL robots.

It could be made optional via alternative plugin, but i dont want to bother with that right now (not until the mod will be out there for some time, to let things settle first).

Still working on the material swaps...

I wanted each part to be colorable independently on the rest of the robot and its parts.

There is 38 parts and 17 colors i took just from Automatron, so that makes 646 material swaps!

Plus 114 basic material swaps i made (gold, chrome, and weathered).

And 26 materials providing glowing colors for the eyes and mouth ring.

That is 786 material swaps, and each needs to have an OMOD and CO object to make it work.

Yes, it is crazy, but i am already half way through, so nobody dare to question my judgement! :)

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Still working on the material swaps...

I wanted each part to be colorable independently on the rest of the robot and its parts.

There is 38 parts and 17 colors i took just from Automatron, so that makes 646 material swaps!

Plus 114 basic material swaps i made (gold, chrome, and weathered).

And 26 materials providing glowing colors for the eyes and mouth ring.

That is 786 material swaps, and each needs to have an OMOD and CO object to make it work.

Yes, it is crazy, but i am already half way through, so nobody dare to question my judgement! :)

We are all anxiously waiting for the first release, lol.. or at least I know I am.