Male Character Doing Female Animations

That depends of what mod are you using to start the sex action.

Every mod will do this in a different way.

I am using the base SexLab mod. I even started a new game as a male character and ALL THE ANIMATIONS are if my male character was a female, However My character wont do any lesbian animations.

SexLab alone does not start an animation. It is just a framework.

You are using at least another mod to trigger the animations. And it is this mod that is making your male character to assume the "passive" position.

You are using at least another mod to trigger the animations. And it is this mod that is making your male character to assume the "passive" position.

As of 1.60, you can start animations from the SexLab framework's Animation Editor MCM page, that may be what he's referring to.

As of 1.60, you can start animations from the SexLab framework's Animation Editor MCM page, that may be what he's referring to.

Yep, but this is just for testing them.

Very little control about starting animations in this way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I also have this problem. I'm using Matchmaker. And I have the scenes that installed by default and M2M. Several times Female scenes will play (if selected) instead of M2M, despite me being ID's as gay.

Easy solution is just to un-select  the "straight" scenes, which I have done.

• 2 months later...

Also having this problem. I stripped down my installation to just sexlab and it's prerequisites and I'm using the sexlab debug spell to initiate.

I've started a game as a male character and as a female character set to "male" in sexlab's mcm. No matter what I do, it will always assume my character's female.

• 10 months later...

Same here! Even if I change the position from female 1 to male 2 in the sexlab menu for animations it won't save the changes. Only thing that works is to change positions with the shortcut button after the animation started. I have installed sexlab frameworks and matchmaker. Is there a way to edit all animations to change position or to recognize my char as male?

• 1 month later...

Well shit.  Apparently nobody has managed to give a solution... at least not this thread.  Bumping it for now in hopes that any google searches leading people to this specific thread will finally find an answer.  After posting this I will go back to google and see what the next in the list says.   

If someone has a solution, post it here too, because this was very first in the google search and will likely get more traffic.

Well shit.  Apparently nobody has managed to give a solution... at least not this thread.  Bumping it for now in hopes that any google searches leading people to this specific thread will finally find an answer.  After posting this I will go back to google and see what the next in the list says.   

If someone has a solution, post it here too, because this was very first in the google search and will likely get more traffic.

Same answer that was given before.

The "position" of the actors is not decided by SexLab itself. It is decided by the mod using SexLab.

You need to check how to configure the mod to avoid having males assuming female positions.

• 11 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, lordregnis said:

The correct response would be to tell people what file they need to go into to fix the problem. Like most things, I'd bet money its one little line of code that says = female and you should be able to just type male instead.

I take the bet and want my money. Now, go and read back through the thread why.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:09 AM, lordregnis said:

If the creator of sexlab didn't include an ini file to change basic settings that's just laziness  

The creator of the SexLab framework included a comprehensive MCM that allows users to customize whatever they want while in-game. However, the thing you're asking for isn't something the framework is meant to control.

For example, let's say you're using a mod like SexLab Defeat. When you're defeated by bandits, the mod is responsible for creating a sex scene, which involves specifying the involved actors, the positions they're in, which animation sets to use, etc. Once that's all set up, a request is made to the SexLab framework to start animating them. Note that the decision of where to position the actors is made by Defeat, not the framework. So, if you want your player to be slotted in a different position, you need to direct your attention to whichever SexLab mod you're using to start animations, not the framework. And to answer your question, all you need to do is edit the mod so that the male player takes position-1, whereas the female NPC takes position-0. Quite a few SexLab mods have a bad habit of not checking genders and just hardcoding the player to always take position-0, which leads to these issues of male players in female positions.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem is caused by a mod.  I had the same problem with SLEN.  It has a setting for Force Sexlab Gender.  Even after I had put the setting at "Male" the mod would treat the male as female.   

SLEN often defaults to Female because the mod was made essentially for Female PC.  Most of the mods are made for female PC.  Therefore expect to be treated as female as the default PC.  

I used to scratch my head about how to overcome it until I stumbled across the "=" hotkey solution mentioned in this thread.  I think the aggro in the thread is that no one provided a solution for over 12 months; and the person who provided the solution was dismissive of someone else's problem.  It's always a small problem when it's someone else's problem, only our own problems are serious.  ?  

• 10 months later...

This thread is old, but I'm having the same issue. I stripped my game down to the bare minimum for testing purposes. The patches, Alternate Start, Sky UI, FNIS, RaceMenu, XP 32, and SexLab. No other SL mods outside the Framework. My character is set to heterosexual, male, and the female strapon option is unchecked. Yet when I looked in the animation tab, every position defaults to say Female Position 1 instead of Male Position 2 and there is no way to manually, permanently change it. If I could save each position as Male 2 it'd be tedious but probably fix the problem.

I don't understand the technical side of modding, but I honestly can't comprehend how the issue is not with the framework itself. Whether I'm testing with just the framework, or testing with a plethora of SL mods, the result is always the same and my male character sure enough assumes the female position in any given animation.

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, Baird1 said:

This thread is old, but I'm having the same issue. I stripped my game down to the bare minimum for testing purposes. The patches, Alternate Start, Sky UI, FNIS, RaceMenu, XP 32, and SexLab. No other SL mods outside the Framework. My character is set to heterosexual, male, and the female strapon option is unchecked. Yet when I looked in the animation tab, every position defaults to say Female Position 1 instead of Male Position 2 and there is no way to manually, permanently change it. If I could save each position as Male 2 it'd be tedious but probably fix the problem.

I don't understand the technical side of modding, but I honestly can't comprehend how the issue is not with the framework itself. Whether I'm testing with just the framework, or testing with a plethora of SL mods, the result is always the same and my male character sure enough assumes the female position in any given animation.

Im having this same issue too.  I have exactly the same mods this person has installed and nothing else. And seeing the previous repeated answers are clearly wrong. As I have no other mod active to call sexlab, and testing animations using sexlab debug and its still putting my character into female positions and females in male positions. It is completely ignoring in its own settings what character is male and female for some reason, and just assigning them one or the other to the opposite in every single animation in the animation list.

having to manually swap actor positions with a a hotkey doesnt actually solve the problem. I shouldnt need to do this if my character is clearly set correctly as male in every setting I could find. the only thing Ive been able to see to fix this issue is to go through every single animation in animation editor and change the female positon to male, on every single one, there doesnt seem to be a batch way to do this globally that I could find, if someone does, please let me know, as its a rather tedious pain in the ass.

Every single animation in animation editor is labeled as Female Position 1 which is putting my male character in all female positions for every animation.