Suggestions needed: Replace the Railroad with anyone!

Lizzy

Allow me to explain  :D I like doing stories, mainly on the Nexus and Flickr.

Recently, my computer crashed and I lost my long save-game with tons of hours and awesome (clean) settlements I built.

Bummer, especially for a massive place I built on Spectacle Island. But! I bought a new harddrive.

Then Bethesda released update 1.4 and bjorked another save (first one wasn't their fault) because some mods became obsolete.

Yay \o/ That's not the subject here! Close the curtain on that! It's just some backstory.

I started a third new game.

In short, I murdered the Railroad for the Institute the first time around. This was screen-captured.

My character should be tried in a court of law now  :blink:

I decided to make use of the third time through and change  the Railroad people, since the originals are supposed to be dead.

Their appearances, I mean. I do that in game, to a lot of NPCs.

So, suggest your favorite people to replace the Railroad members with  ^_^

Anyone I can look up! Game characters, band members, .. celebrities  <_<

I always thought that Drummer Boy should be, you know, a kid. Wouldn't fit with the voice though.

I do have a little problem matching up voices to previous characters they've played - for example, I can't hear Nick Valentine speak without thinking of Mercer Frey. Desdemona sounds like Aela/Rikke/Adrienne. And so on.

The point is, if you're looking for face inspiration, you could try to mimic the other characters they've played, from games or TV or movies. Or their real-life actors. IMDB may be of some use.

Hmm.. I made Nick Valentine into this (for a second time, since the latest save was bjorked):

17142649-1457255435.jpg

I don't play with sound though. So, Desdemona as Adrienne Avenicci is good! Don't know if people would recognize her, as I've had Inhibitants of Skyrim NPC overhaul for some time. Des is voiced by Claudia Christian, she looks very unique  :blink: I found this video of an old Highlander show :

Really like that look for her! Tinker Tom as Byron Newsome's actual face maybe, Doctor Sun as James Sie and Highrise as Avery Waddell.

I'm really not sure about all of them..

P.A.M. could be Colleen Delany, that works with "Hot Mama Murphy" that replaced tons of NPCs!

(Meaning I could edit the human instead of the robot)

Googling for Chelsea Tavares (Glory) results often with model Maggie Duran:

736full-maggie-duran.jpg

^She looks good! Ryan Alosio (Deacon) is so handsome  :o

MV5BMjEwNjIwNzEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgx

Sean Krishnan (Dr. Carrington) voice acted Street Fighter the Later Years, maybe Dhalsim? Hmm, where do I get a bone necklace?

really want to turn Drummer Boy into Garrus (Mass Effect 3). Don't think I can.. maybe just Brandon Keener's face.

I don't know who voices Tims. And, that has only partially been about replying.

All this is for me to see later every time I change someone's appearance in the Railroad  ^_^

In short, I murdered the Railroad for the Institute the first time around. This was screen-captured.

My character should be tried in a court of law now  :blink:

Whaaaat? Oh hell no, even if it's not an Institute playthrough, you did good. You saved a church by purging it from the rats hiding in the basement !

Since Des is quite dumb and living her own dream without caring about.. you know, real people, I'd say Paris Hilton maybe ? Any idiot would do imo lol

My character should be tried in a court of law now :blink:

Whaaaat? Oh hell no, even if it's not an Institute playthrough, you did good. You saved a church by purging it from the rats hiding in the basement !

Since Des is quite dumb and living her own dream without caring about.. you know, real people, I'd say Paris Hilton maybe ? Any idiot would do imo lol

Remember that's what (white) people thought of the original railroad. Why would they bother helping those subhumans slaves? So, yeah, it was extremely fun exterminating those mad scientists...in particular their leader. Follow the freedom trail!

Remember that's what (white) people thought of the original railroad. Why would they bother helping those subhumans slaves? So, yeah, it was extremely fun exterminating those mad scientists...in particular their leader. Follow the freedom trail!

Sorry, I don't associate slavery and synths, since

Liam and the [escaped synths/memory wiped synths/synths taken back to the Institute] proved that you can simply reprogram them in a very short time. Remember Liam is the one reprogramming them from the Institute and helping them to get out and go to the Railroad. Every single synth can't give you an exact reason why they left, besides some blurry excuses like "I have nightmares". The synths talking about escaping in the Institute have been without a doubt reprogrammed by Liam already.

Is your phone/computer a slave? Then neither are synths, they are machines we created for a purpose.

Gen-3 are for experiments, social help (early stages, but see Eve in the Institute or kid Shaun) and labor purposes.

This is one of the main reason why I think the Railroad is a dangerous and pointless cause. Out of all the faction, I really believe they're the worst.

So yea, I don't feel like I'm helping slavers tbh, there's a difference between an advanced AI and a human being. Saying an AI is more important is just madness.

Liam and the [escaped synths/memory wiped synths/synths taken back to the Institute] proved that you can simply reprogram them in a very short time. Remember Liam is the one reprogramming them from the Institute and helping them to get out and go to the Railroad. Every single synth can't give you an exact reason why they left, besides some blurry excuses like "I have nightmares". The synths talking about escaping in the Institute have been without a doubt reprogrammed by Liam already.

Is your phone/computer a slave? Then neither are synths, they are machines we created for a purpose.

Gen-3 are for experiments, social help (early stages, but see Eve in the Institute or kid Shaun) and labor purposes.

This is one of the main reason why I think the Railroad is a dangerous and pointless cause. Out of all the faction, I really believe they're the worst.

So yea, I don't feel like I'm helping slavers tbh, there's a difference between an advanced AI and a human being. Saying an AI is more important is just madness.

You are basing your opinion on the assumption that they've been reprogrammed. And who said that AI is more important?

You are basing your opinion on the assumption that they've been reprogrammed. And who said that AI is more important?

No assumption, that's what I've seen in-game since release, but I guess it's interpretation for each person. Honestly without being pro Institute (I know they got blood on their hands too), that's the way I see it. And looking at how the Ratroad operates, they clearly put the AIs above human beings, doesn't matter for them if a few dudes die for just one single synth lol

Quoting empty just for the notifications!

I would like to weigh in on this. Remember, it's gone off topic a bit so nobody get mad at me :­P

Firstly, "white people" is a redundant label depicting all peoples of peach skin color variations.

This broad generalization may include others who are not guilty (my people immigrated after abolition).

Low percentage slave-owners from the old south are history.

Blame the dead. The living have nothing to do with it.

As for synthetic humans, their only differences were A) one "Synth component". I don't know if it's ever explained what that is.

And B­) they're created by actual humans. Fallout 4 goes into depth with Curie, as others to a lesser degree.

Synths (not the Gen 1s or 2s) show capability of feeling the same emotions as the rest of us.

It is a strange mistake (that even Shaun makes, and Virgil) to lump them together with unfeeling robots.

Given this is a fictional game, I can only say that if this was reality, I would believe the synthetics are as human as we are.

I would like to weigh in on this. Remember, it's gone off topic a bit so nobody get mad at me :­P

Firstly, "white people" is a redundant label depicting all peoples of peach skin color variations.

This broad generalization may include others who are not guilty (my people immigrated after abolition).

As for synthetic humans, their only differences were A) one "Synth component". I don't know if it's ever explained what that is.

And B­) they're created by actual humans. Fallout 4 goes into depth with Curie, as others to a lesser degree.

Synths (not the Gen 1s or 2s) show capability of feeling the same emotions as the rest of us.

It is a strange mistake (that even Shaun makes, and Virgil) to lump them together with unfeeling robots.

Given this is a fictional game, I can only say that if this was reality, I would believe the synthetics are as human as we are.

Sorry for derailing the thread, also you're right, I was generalizing a bit.

I think Bethesda with all the hystorical references made it clear that gen3 synths can be considered full fledged self-aware life forms, though, since they're artificial, it's still up to humans deciding whether they're just puppets, individuals with a free will or dangerous abominations that must be exterminated.

All in all I think Beth did a good job with moral choices this time around.

And B­) they're created by actual humans. Fallout 4 goes into depth with Curie, as others to a lesser degree.

Can't agree more for what i've made bold.

Problem in a post-apocalyptic, dystopian world is that there'd be no such large, nationwide organized 'we' society anymore that tries to distinguish itself from 'the alien others' by looking after visible and hearable markers like skin color, clothing, cultural rituals and language, as it is still the case today. Under the new conditions one more likely would find small clans with a security radius of hardly more than a day's march, 15 miles that is (look at your regional map to understand the implications), clans that are eventually mixed up for made after the random principle by the inevitable gathering of the survivors - you'd belong to Clan A simply because you or your ancestors where right there when the bombs fell. I doubt that anybody would give two figs about you being a synth, a protestant or whatever, as long as you help in the struggle for survival of the clan that is threatened by infertility, inbreeding, neighboring hostilities and all kinds of diseases in a world without much (if any) resources within reach.

I think Bethesda with all the hystorical references made it clear that gen3 synths can be considered full fledged self-aware life forms, though, since they're artificial, it's still up to humans deciding whether they're just puppets, individuals with a free will or dangerous abominations that must be exterminated.

No worries :­) I like to discuss these things! I almost agree with all of that, aside from it being up to humans deciding.

Humans generalize what they don't understand. The majority of us classify entire races into stereotypical categories.

(My parents did, but my life among coworkers has proven that wrong.)
Quite a few even view their fellow humans, if visually different from them, as subhuman due to racism.
I don't believe our species can be trusted to generalize artificial intelligence, especially if it's a degrading view and A.I. bodies are biological.
We as human beings have very intricate systems ourselves, which the Institute seems to have replicated.

Who knows what the single "Synth component" does though? I speculated on this in my stories creatively, but I'm not certain regarding lore  :unsure:

I also wouldn't trust A.I. if we released it pre-war without the bombs being dropped. With access to the internet, it would gather information.
Much of that would be disinformation. The wrong kind. Then you would have a catastrophe such as the weak A.I. "Tay" (Tayandyou, Twitter). 
That chatbot learning program went from zero to Hitler pretty fast  :blink: (Okay, so it was right about third wave feminism)
A.I. would have to be treated like a basic child with a learning mind, and restricted from bad influences as children should be.

Problem in a post-apocalyptic, dystopian world is that there'd be no such large, nationwide organized 'we' society anymore that tries to distinguish itself from 'the alien others' by looking after visible and hearable markers like skin color, clothing, cultural rituals and language, as it is still the case today. Under the new conditions one more likely would find small clans with a security radius of hardly more than a day's march, 15 miles that is (look at your regional map to understand the implications), clans that are eventually mixed up for made after the random principle by the inevitable gathering of the survivors - you'd belong to Clan A simply because you or your ancestors where right there when the bombs fell. I doubt that anybody would give two figs about you being a synth, a protestant or whatever, as long as you help in the struggle for survival of the clan that is threatened by infertility, inbreeding, neighboring hostilities and all kinds of diseases in a world without much (if any) resources within reach.

That may be true. But also, there are no rules and it's generally a land of chaotic anarchy (primarily the way the Raiders behave).

Bethesda might not have been able to release the game, if it was more realistic in tune to a barbarous society.

In truth, I believe rape would happen most frequently. More hate, not just "murder anybody" raiders, but clusters of cliques that kill anyone different.

Are Synths actually fertile? I noticed they were experimenting making the "little boy Shaun". Not sure if that means they can't reproduce.

And if they can't, that renders Synths somewhat useless in the long-term.

No worries :­) I like to discuss these things! I almost agree with all of that, aside from it being up to humans deciding.

Humans generalize what they don't understand. The majority of us classify entire races into stereotypical categories.

(My parents did, but my life among coworkers has proven that wrong.)

Quite a few even view their fellow humans, if visually different from them, as subhuman due to racism.

I don't believe our species can be trusted to generalize artificial intelligence, especially if it's a degrading view and A.I. bodies are biological.

We as human beings have very intricate systems ourselves, which the Institute seems to have replicated.

Who knows what the single "Synth component" does though? I speculated on this in my stories creatively, but I'm not certain regarding lore :unsure:

I also wouldn't trust A.I. if we released it pre-war without the bombs being dropped. With access to the internet, it would gather information.

Much of that would be disinformation. The wrong kind. Then you would have a catastrophe such as the weak A.I. "Tay" (Tayandyou, Twitter).

That chatbot learning program went from zero to Hitler pretty fast :blink: (Okay, so it was right about third wave feminism)

A.I. would have to be treated like a basic child with a learning mind, and restricted from bad influences as children should be.

That may be true. But also, there are no rules and it's generally a land of chaotic anarchy (primarily the way the Raiders behave).

Bethesda might not have been able to release the game, if it was more realistic in tune to a barbarous society.

In truth, I believe rape would happen most frequently. More hate, not just "murder anybody" raiders, but clusters of cliques that kill anyone different.

Are Synths actually fertile? I noticed they were experimenting making the "little boy Shaun". Not sure if that means they can't reproduce.

And if they can't, that renders Synths somewhat useless in the long-term.

Plot-wise their destiny was completely in the hands of the different human factions, that's what I meant. I'm not sure wether they can reproduce or even die of age/diseases. For sure if they can't reproduce, once the Institute is done they would cease to be a relevant faction (and that's partially true for the railroad too), which also mean that we won't ve seeing a lot of synths in next fo games.

[snip]

Plot-wise their destiny was completely in the hands of the different human factions, that's what I meant. I'm not sure wether they can reproduce or even die of age/diseases. For sure if they can't reproduce, once the Institute is done they would cease to be a relevant faction (and that's partially true for the railroad too), which also mean that we won't ve seeing a lot of synths in next fo games.

We don't know the level of fertility among Synth-3 or that of the still too young Synth-4 prototype who's aging is questioned even in the Institute. However, it'd take not even ten years to raise founded public suspicion if a Synth-3 would not age appropriately (no hair or beard growth etc). That didn't happen up to now though, or the major of Diamond City would hang on a lamp post since long, and a certain guy would have never reached the rank of a Paladin, alive. When they trip over their own feet then it is because of their strange aiming to perfection, their focusing and that should go for (actually renegade, RR rebooted) Synth-settlers in the crops as well. Don't fall for in-game propaganda of the one or other faction, people. There exists but one clone in the whole Commonwealth, and that's the most recent prototype of the Institute, remember? What we know for sure is the high level of infertility among humans (especially men), reflected in the utterly low number of children in the Wasteland, a mutation phenomenon caused by ongoing radioactivity in the environment and thus the food chain.

[snip]

We don't know the level of fertility among Synth-3 or that of the still too young Synth-4 prototype who's aging is questioned even in the Institute. However, it'd take not even ten years to raise founded public suspicion if a Synth-3 would not age appropriately (no hair or beard growth etc). That didn't happen up to now though, or the major of Diamond City would hang on a lamp post since long, and a certain guy would have never reached the rank of a Paladin, alive. When they trip over their own feet then it is because of their strange aiming to perfection, their focusing and that should go for (actually renegade, RR rebooted) Synth-settlers in the crops as well. Don't fall for in-game propaganda of the one or other faction, people. There exists but one clone in the whole Commonwealth, and that's the most recent prototype of the Institute, remember? What we know for sure is the high level of infertility among humans (especially men), reflected in the utterly low number of children in the Wasteland, a mutation phenomenon caused by ongoing radioactivity in the environment and thus the food chain.
Even if they don't die of age they could still have systems to simulate aging, though growth would be a much more complex system.

Even if they don't die of age they could still have systems to simulate aging, though growth would be a much more complex system.

There are far too many contradictions coming from all sides involved in what is made known to us when it comes top synth-3. No final decision possible.

Side note

Hancock is a ghoulified pre-war human and some 300 years old, his not so ghoulified brother is according to the Institute terminals a synth operating for the Institute's SRB in Diamond City... and Hancock is aware of that. That doesn't make any sense at all 'cause his brother should be dead since centuries, this 'brother' could be either a cyborg or a synthesized clone, thus is to be killed immediately by Hancock, an all-too human obligation, even it might be his last action. And now it's getting hotter, cloning - the replacing of contemporary humans with synthesized copies on the fly as part of a 5th column of the Institute the Outcast/BoS propaganda wants to make the Bostonians wise 24/7 (oh how easy Wastelanders are to be indoctrinated, huh?) - is technically still in its experimental stage at the end of the 23rd century when the protagonist enters the stage. That's why 'Father' (the genetic father of all synth-3) asks the protagonist for a deathbed promise, to give the boy, his own clone, at least a chance. Meaning, literally nobody knows if the synth-4 prototype would be sustainable in the Wasteland. No Institute clones have ever roamed the Wasteland in the past, that's the true message behind. More interesting, the sustainability of Bethesda's own plot is at stake 'cause if the major of Diamond city gets shot and does in fact drop a typical synth piece of plastic and not perhaps a cybernetic brain augmenter or alike as in the case of Conrad Kellogg... then the whole plot is but a bad joke, some kind of Mad Max for Dummies.

There are far too many contradictions coming from all sides involved in what is made known to us when it comes top synth-3. No final decision possible.

Side note

Hancock is a ghoulified pre-war human and some 300 years old, his not so ghoulified brother is according to the Institute terminals a synth operating for the Institute's SRB in Diamond City... and Hancock is aware of that. That doesn't make any sense at all 'cause his brother should be dead since centuries, this 'brother' could be either a cyborg or a synthesized clone, thus is to be killed immediately by Hancock, an all-too human obligation, even it might be his last action. And now it's getting hotter, cloning - the replacing of contemporary humans with synthesized copies on the fly as part of a 5th column of the Institute the Outcast/BoS propaganda wants to make the Bostonians wise 24/7 (oh how easy Wastelanders are to be indoctrinated, huh?) - is technically still in its experimental stage at the end of the 23rd century when the protagonist enters the stage. That's why 'Father' (the genetic father of all synth-3) asks the protagonist for a deathbed promise, to give the boy at least a chance, meaning, literally nobody knows if the synth-4 prototype would be sustainable in the Wasteland. No Institute clones have ever roamed the Wasteland in the past, that's the true message behind. More interesting, the sustainability of Bethesda's own plot is at stake 'cause if the major of Diamond city gets shot and does in fact drop a synth piece of plastic... then the whole plot is but a joke for the stupid and I want my money back.

I never bothered listening to BoS or even Father, as a matter of fact I shot him down in his deathbed before he could even speak. I never talked too much with Hancock either. Next playthrough I'll try listening to other sides of the story, though I really have a dislike for both the Institute and the BoS.

I don't understand your point, Gen-3 synths are more than enough for undercover operations, there wouldn't really be a need for a perfect clone. Frankly, for me, It's even hard to understand what the prototype is all about. Its meaning might have been kept vague/obscure on purpose for "reasons"? Maybe it wasn't deemed important for the story or maybe the prototype was just a way to explain how the ss misunderstood the timing of the kidnapping.

Or, who knows, maybe we're getting a dlc that will expand on the main quest.

I never bothered listening to BoS or even Father, as a matter of fact I shot him down in his deathbed before he could even speak. I never talked too much with Hancock either. Next playthrough I'll try listening to other sides of the story, though I really have a dislike for both the Institute and the BoS.

I don't understand your point, Gen-3 synths are more than enough for undercover operations, there wouldn't really be a need for a perfect clone. Frankly, for me, It's even hard to understand what the prototype is all about. Its meaning might have been kept vague/obscure on purpose for "reasons"? Maybe it wasn't deemed important for the story or maybe the prototype was just a way to explain how the ss misunderstood the timing of the kidnapping.

Or, who knows, maybe we're getting a dlc that will expand on the main quest.

Okay. I listen to everybody, and that's why I was pissed of by this kind of "BoS" already in the first encounter. Whatever my role in game should be, being subhuman scum, a radroach on two legs that must be removed from the Commonwealth, that's clearly not on my game agenda.

Of course, synth-3 could perform any task... but one, and that is to replace humans in their personal environment by perfect clones. However, that's exactly what the anti-Institute propaganda tells you throughout the game. Many players fall for it while their char is still in the cryogenic tank, knowing actually nothing but loading information. That's preconditioning of its finest. I for one want to look behind the curtain first to make my own judgment.

The purpose of the synth-4 prototype, the very first clone in the Commonwealth, heavily criticized within the Institute, is actually thought up by Father alone like a pet issue. We don't know when he came up with the idea, before or after he got access to the information that one of his parents is still frozen in the cryogenic tank of Vault 111. Now it looks like a social experiment with the clone on the one hand and the parent on the other. Bait and prey. Show the parent the little son and watch the show. Very predictable 'cause parents always go for their lost child no matter what, it is a natural instinct, one of the strongest in the whole animal kingdom. However, in the first encounter between the two study objects the clone fails, the parent does not. The lesson to be learned for the scientist is, parental love is easily to be fooled for driven by strong feelings and not by cold logic, the perception of a clone that doesn't (yet) share this love is not and that's not to be simulated successfully, his malfunction in such an extreme 'irrational' situation is thus inevitable. Where we go from there is a matter of our own fatherly or motherly feelings in the real world. If we have none or not yet, we might fail as good as the clone and, like him, cry for 'Father', Bethesda as the maker of the game that is, to make it stop ;)

Archived