Slim Power Armor (like Courser X-92 or maybe Ironman) possible to enter and leave?

Lets revive the dead! Are there any news regarding this old question from me? I found none, but maybe I am using the wrong keywords. How about you? Did anybody find a slim Power armor, which does have a frame and is not equipped like normal armor?

Hello,

i just stumbled upon the "Power Armor" Mod Courser X-92 Power Suit (in case you dont know it, you can find it here http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9278/? ) and i immediately liked it. Usually I am running around without Power Armor and rarely use it, but as i saw this one i felt in love with it. Only downside is, if i use a powerful suit, i would like to leave and enter it.

Here my question: Would it be possible to make a power armor which is not bulky but more like which wraps around the skin?

Of course some restrictions may apply because if you wear any normal armor it would clip through such kind of power armor, but that would be problems fr the future. Sadly my actual modding skills can be compared to a brick, so i am asking you.

I guess a safe answer can only be told after the geck is released but maybe somebody who understands the mechanic behind the engine can give an approximate answer.

Thank you in advance!

Hanson

Its possible and I think there are a few people working on it, I'd like to see PA similar to BubbleGum Crisis with removable / upgradeable plating exposing parts of the body leaving openings exposed. Someone just needs to create a good frame and base armor and others will make alternative plating for it. I'm getting worked into doing it myself in a few months but I'm 70% blind and never tried to make a mesh before so don't like my chances, I think I'll stick to scripting :)

Interesting idea.

I suspect that when you're not using it, the PA is just an item of furniture and putting it on is just the "sit" animation for that item.

Then once you've equipped it, they use the change of perspective to sneak in a quick race change to fit the PA geometry and quietly unequip all your other items of clothing.

For a "skintight" PA rig, you could probably use the same animations to open up a custom model. That should be simple enough. If it was me, I'd be tempted to make the suit gender specific (for obvious reasons) and prevent activation unless the user was naked (to avoid gear clipping through as the suit closed up).

Yeah I would assume to wear any formfitting power armor nude or a skintight suit would be required, it seems dumb someone would wear combat armor under a power armor suit, it would be very uncomfortable even in the vanilla refrigerator sized armor.

You're wearing power armor, how much more armor do you need? Maybe added plating / combat armor for power armor perhaps but on the outside.

True enough. Maybe throw in some modular craftable add-ons so people don't miss their legendaries too much. Although like you say, why bother with chameleon knee-pads when you can just add a stealth configuration to the entire suit?

Thinking back on the equipping process, I expect it would still need to the switch to first person POV. That would let the engine hide the furniture suit, and equip the clothing version on the player. Getting out would be the reverse - switch viewpoint to mask unequipping the outfit, placing the furniture item and running the exit animation.

If you're already sitting at the suit (as far as the engine is concerned, anyway) that might explain why it won't let you use crafting stations while wearing the armour. You can't sit down while you're already sat on another chair.

True enough. Maybe throw in some modular craftable add-ons so people don't miss their legendaries too much. Although like you say, why bother with chameleon knee-pads when you can just add a stealth configuration to the entire suit?

Thinking back on the equipping process, I expect it would still need to the switch to first person POV. That would let the engine hide the furniture suit, and equip the clothing version on the player. Getting out would be the reverse - switch viewpoint to mask unequipping the outfit, placing the furniture item and running the exit animation.

If you're already sitting at the suit (as far as the engine is concerned, anyway) that might explain why it won't let you use crafting stations while wearing the armour. You can't sit down while you're already sat on another chair.

Well crafting anything while wearing power gloves would just be fumbly anyway particularly with Fallout technology. And there should be valid reasons like crafting, chairs and bed use that force a player to get out of the suit. Even walking into a bar you should be asked to park your armor before being served. Some places should see you as an immediate security threat and also require you to get out of your PA.

This in itself gets interesting as then the player is left to either have an alternative outfit or wear only the low protection undersuit

Its possible and I think there are a few people working on it, I'd like to see PA similar to BubbleGum Crisis with removable / upgradeable plating exposing parts of the body leaving openings exposed. Someone just needs to create a good frame and base armor and others will make alternative plating for it. I'm getting worked into doing it myself in a few months but I'm 70% blind and never tried to make a mesh before so don't like my chances, I think I'll stick to scripting smile.png

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about BGC. It would be awesome to have BGC style power armours in Fallout.

Well crafting anything while wearing power gloves would just be fumbly anyway particularly with Fallout technology. And there should be valid reasons like crafting, chairs and bed use that force a player to get out of the suit.

Mmm. I'm not saying you should be able to craft stuff in PA, just offering another point in support of the PA as furniture theory. While there have been one or two situations where it seemed odd that I couldn't do something in PA (can't bring them to mind offhand, so they can't have been that annoying), on the whole I'm quite happy having to de-suit to interact with most workstations.

This in itself gets interesting as then the player is left to either have an alternative outfit or wear only the low protection undersuit

We're talking about skin-tight PA - make 'em get naked! :D

I refer you to cyclone armor from robotech. pilot wears a combat suit the armor locks into the combat pilot suit for operation

http://wn.com/robotech_cyclone

Yeah I would assume to wear any formfitting power armor nude or a skintight suit would be required, it seems dumb someone would wear combat armor under a power armor suit, it would be very uncomfortable even in the vanilla refrigerator sized armor.
You're wearing power armor, how much more armor do you need? Maybe added plating / combat armor for power armor perhaps but on the outside.

I refer you to cyclone armor from robotech. pilot wears a combat suit the armor locks into the combat pilot suit for operation

http://wn.com/robotech_cyclone

Yeah but what he is wearing basically is half a power armor suit before he adds another layer of Power Armor BubbleGum Crysis does this too with Priss's motorbike :)

Normal combat armor or raider armor etc would not be comfortable to wear under anything running across the wasteland for 12 hours :)

Allowing for wearing armor underneath is the reason the vanilla model is built like a refrigerator and is forced to distort the body skeleton.

Well there won't be clipping issues because when you enter the Power Armor in vanilla game, your player model changes instantly when your character finish the "enter PA animation".

It's set to the frame, with the various PA parts you added. That's why if you just use the frame, depending on the armor, you'll either see some kind of leather armor or the vault suit, or naked. I don't remember seeing any other underarmor with the frame, unless I'm getting old and don't remember shit lol.

Making them thinner would mean you'll need to make a thinner frame for the armor parts to go well with it. At least that's how I understand it works.

I'm ok with the vanilla PA but this is a nice idea. Would have to make a new frame or the BoS soldiers will look like females in PA, but I'm sure it will be easy once the CK is released.

I hadn't considered the frame.

You know, there's an excellent opportunity here to do a "breakable undies" thing. Have a frame that is basically non-existent - maybe some translucent glowing lines of force that turn into tattoo lines when equipped. Then the actual armour segments provide clothing, but when they're destroyed the wearer is effectively naked until she finds a PA frame and some makings.

I hadn't considered the frame.

You know, there's an excellent opportunity here to do a "breakable undies" thing. Have a frame that is basically non-existent - maybe some translucent glowing lines of force that turn into tattoo lines when equipped. Then the actual armour segments provide clothing, but when they're destroyed the wearer is effectively naked until she finds a PA frame and some makings.

Yeah I would be like the frame provides Endurances/Strength/Agility buffs depending on its type and integrity.

While like the vanilla PA the add on plating provides the DT/DR accordingly till destroyed by damage.

Good, I see my idea keeps spreading ;). And glad to hear that it should be easy to implement.

I am personally absolutly fine with the need to be naked to  wear that armor, if i recall correctly the girls in bubblegum crisis needed to be naked too to get int heir suits ;). Or at least just some skintight skimpy suit, or something which barely covers the nipples and your ass, so you at least "wear" something in public... or you run around naked, just how you prefer it ;).

I guess there is even potential for not being able to work at stations with your power armor on. Would be a good opportunity to get assaulted by raiders... or dogs from raiders or other animals ^^. You would need to think twice if you want to leave the suit and do something else. Maybe there would be some potential for some kind of hardcore mod where you cant even loot within the armor. You would need to check twice if there are no enemies nearby and once you got careless and leave the armor without checking twice - BANG! surprise deathclaw buttsex!

Interesting idea.

I suspect that when you're not using it, the PA is just an item of furniture and putting it on is just the "sit" animation for that item.

Then once you've equipped it, they use the change of perspective to sneak in a quick race change to fit the PA geometry and quietly unequip all your other items of clothing.

For a "skintight" PA rig, you could probably use the same animations to open up a custom model. That should be simple enough. If it was me, I'd be tempted to make the suit gender specific (for obvious reasons) and prevent activation unless the user was naked (to avoid gear clipping through as the suit closed up).

It pretty specifically is it's own gender neutral body that you can swap in your real body's head. If you have a very busty CBBE bodyslide preset, it is not visible on the unarmored frame. I didn't look closely to see if the hands are swapped in either, but the 'body armor' body is the same for male or female as far as I can tell.

You'd probably have to do the same thing mostly for even a BGC style body armor. Even if you 'put it on' it will swap out for the equipped body armor. So you'd have to have it's own bodyslide preset.

Good, I see my idea keeps spreading  ;). And glad to hear that it should be easy to implement.

I am personally absolutly fine with the need to be naked to  wear that armor, if i recall correctly the girls in bubblegum crisis needed to be naked too to get int heir suits  ;). Or at least just some skintight skimpy suit, or something which barely covers the nipples and your ass, so you at least "wear" something in public... or you run around naked, just how you prefer it  ;).

I guess there is even potential for not being able to work at stations with your power armor on. Would be a good opportunity to get assaulted by raiders... or dogs from raiders or other animals ^^. You would need to think twice if you want to leave the suit and do something else. Maybe there would be some potential for some kind of hardcore mod where you cant even loot within the armor. You would need to check twice if there are no enemies nearby and once you got careless and leave the armor without checking twice - BANG! surprise deathclaw buttsex!

I think it was only the last upgrade in BGC 2040 that required the pilots to be nude. Had some sort of jell layer it would fill with.

BGCrisis and BGCrash both had sensor suit of 'tights' that you had to wear to get the most of your armor's capabilities.

Interesting idea.

It pretty specifically is it's own gender neutral body that you can swap in your real body's head. If you have a very busty CBBE bodyslide preset, it is not visible on the unarmored frame. I didn't look closely to see if the hands are swapped in either, but the 'body armor' body is the same for male or female as far as I can tell.

You'd probably have to do the same thing mostly for even a BGC style body armor. Even if you 'put it on' it will swap out for the equipped body armor. So you'd have to have it's own bodyslide preset.

Good, I see my idea keeps spreading  ;). And glad to hear that it should be easy to implement.

I am personally absolutly fine with the need to be naked to  wear that armor, if i recall correctly the girls in bubblegum crisis needed to be naked too to get int heir suits  ;). Or at least just some skintight skimpy suit, or something which barely covers the nipples and your ass, so you at least "wear" something in public... or you run around naked, just how you prefer it  ;).

I think it was only the last upgrade in BGC 2040 that required the pilots to be nude. Had some sort of jell layer it would fill with.

BGCrisis and BGCrash both had sensor suit of 'tights' that you had to wear to get the most of your armor's capabilities.

I guess you are right... i just remember the girls getting naked before they got into their armors... seems like i have suppressed they needed to get in suits first xD...

Gues i watch the series again soon... or the spin offs... (cyberpunk is love, cyberpunk is life)

Damn now I am real eager to have a "Bubbglegum suit" in fallout ;)

I guess you are right... i just remember the girls getting naked before they got into their armors... seems like i have suppressed they needed to get in suits first xD...

Gues i watch the series again soon... or the spin offs... (cyberpunk is love, cyberpunk is life)

Damn now I am real eager to have a "Bubbglegum suit" in fallout ;)

Yeah there were definitely 2 suit versions, plugsuit version and nude version with the gel filling.

I'd be making a slimline frame very similar to the existing vanilla frame but slimlined for female CBBE and with exposed areas of the torso.

Then just add custom plating that made it BGC or whatever torso and limb shells people wanted to add. Once a good frameis done I suspect other modders will be tripping over each other making mesh shells non-adult and adult. And later the shells could be scripted to be destroyed and fall off.

The frame itself would just buff Strength Agility, Endurance etc, but the added helmets/shells add the DT/DR, effects & resistances.

there are 2 mods on nexus already that may be usefull to contact their creators the x-02 is the first mod ive seen to truly change the PA look and the B 90 has wings very similar to the suit wings in bubble gum. i very much like the idea of a slimmed down PA . a thought  to differentiate from vanilla PA you may want it to be 1.25 times faster with a small ap regen at the cost of max weight and/or armor just a thought to make it stand out play wise aswell. 

there are 2 mods on nexus already that may be usefull to contact their creators the x-02 is the first mod ive seen to truly change the PA look and the B 90 has wings very similar to the suit wings in bubble gum. i very much like the idea of a slimmed down PA . a thought  to differentiate from vanilla PA you may want it to be 1.25 times faster with a small ap regen at the cost of max weight and/or armor just a thought to make it stand out play wise aswell. 

I don't think the x-02 PA changes the frame nor the skeleton files.

I don't think the x-02 PA changes the frame nor the skeleton files.

no i dont believe it changes the frame or skeleton either but it is noticeably slimmer than the other armors so its a good starting point but i suppose it depends if the armor replace segments of the frame or does truly sit on top 

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41747/? this is an example of a mod I would like to see ported over to fo4 but before any mods can be done a rework of the frame has to done first. then the armor has to be fitted to the new frame  followed by a new enter/ exit animation. most of which require  ck and new  nifscope /fo4edit files we don't currently have. 

theres already mods that edit both the frame and the enter/exit animations on nexus for f04 seems most of whats needed is there just spread out this current mod would be combining alot of whats already been done in one package to work as stated