Slim Power Armor (like Courser X-92 or maybe Ironman) possible to enter and leave?

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41747/? this is an example of a mod I would like to see ported over to fo4 but before any mods can be done a rework of the frame has to done first. then the armor has to be fitted to the new frame  followed by a new enter/ exit animation. most of which require  ck and new  nifscope /fo4edit files we don't currently have.

theres already mods that edit both the frame and the enter/exit animations on nexus for f04 seems most of whats needed is there just spread out this current mod would be combining alot of whats already been done in one package to work as stated

Yeah but what might take 12 hours of screwing around the hard way in FO4Edit to do things without GECK is a lot easier to wait a few more weeks for its release when we have more info on how stuff works.

Yeah I would assume to wear any formfitting power armor nude or a skintight suit would be required, it seems dumb someone would wear combat armor under a power armor suit, it would be very uncomfortable even in the vanilla refrigerator sized armor.

You're wearing power armor, how much more armor do you need? Maybe added plating / combat armor for power armor perhaps but on the outside.

Canonically, you'd almost certainly have to be naked in power armour - the more sophisticated models (T-51b and newer) have the capability to recycle human waste and provide the wearer with clean water and sustenance. Not to mention the power armour is a completely closed environment, and some even feature their own comforts like air conditioning. They're intended to be able to be worn for long periods of time.

Yeah I would assume to wear any formfitting power armor nude or a skintight suit would be required, it seems dumb someone would wear combat armor under a power armor suit, it would be very uncomfortable even in the vanilla refrigerator sized armor.

You're wearing power armor, how much more armor do you need? Maybe added plating / combat armor for power armor perhaps but on the outside.

Canonically, you'd almost certainly have to be naked in power armour - the more sophisticated models (T-51b and newer) have the capability to recycle human waste and provide the wearer with clean water and sustenance. Not to mention the power armour is a completely closed environment, and some even feature their own comforts like air conditioning. They're intended to be able to be worn for long periods of time.

Yep Nude or wearing a skintight "plugsuit" with literal "plugs" or connectors for connecting to the waste systems :)
  • 2 months later...

Found a couple of interesting pics on the subject, it seems we are getting closer now as GECK4 release hopefully draws near. Theres the Navi Power armor on Nexus which looks a bit more feminine, but its still limited to the original frame size by the looks.

post-12141-0-80478900-1466949750_thumb.jpgpost-12141-0-89163700-1466949825_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping we can make a frame like this without the backpack bit that has destructible plating/helmet etc added to it to look feminine and provide a chem / rad resistant suit when all parts are added.

post-12141-0-52561900-1466949827_thumb.pngpost-12141-0-70509300-1466949829_thumb.jpgpost-12141-0-85596700-1466949830_thumb.jpgpost-12141-0-75998800-1466949831_thumb.jpg

I am searching the Nexus from time to time for power armors with a small frame and I also saw the Navi Power armor. At first i had high expectations because i read "all new" power armor and just saw the picture of the flightsuit but it turned out that it still had the same frame sadly :(.

I havent found anything else yet also, otherwise i would have posted it here.

The fifth picture (the one with the "power armor by polarlex" title) is so nice. Thats the time again where i think about learning to mod to do it myself ...

I am searching the Nexus from time to time for power armors with a small frame and I also saw the Navi Power armor. At first i had high expectations because i read "all new" power armor and just saw the picture of the flightsuit but it turned out that it still had the same frame sadly :(.

I havent found anything else yet also, otherwise i would have posted it here.

The fifth picture (the one with the "power armor by polarlex" title) is so nice. Thats the time again where i think about learning to mod to do it myself ...

What do you mean it has the same frame? Do you just mean the size/getting in? cause it does have it's own frame

Found a couple of interesting pics on the subject, it seems we are getting closer now as GECK4 release hopefully draws near. Theres the Navi Power armor on Nexus which looks a bit more feminine, but its still limited to the original frame size by the looks.

attachicon.gif8f2a04396b1c3ff6bd7e86048bb36532.jpgattachicon.gif5c4752fce0d597de386bd6be5f6e4d9f.jpg

I'm hoping we can make a frame like this without the backpack bit that has destructible plating/helmet etc added to it to look feminine and provide a chem / rad resistant suit when all parts are added.

attachicon.gifdaisy_power_armor_by_ryujindx.pngattachicon.giffallout4_sexy_power_armor_by_junver-d9i1zjq.jpgattachicon.gifpower_armor_by_polarlex.jpgattachicon.gifpower_armor_female_ver__by_mechamastermind-d35pon0.jpg

Ah I like this idea that would be a sexy PA, The only thing I found that was decent was navi power armor but its still too bulky to me since I like light armor.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah I like this idea that would be a sexy PA, The only thing I found that was decent was navi power armor but its still too bulky to me since I like light armor.

Agreed, I have the NAVI currently and love the see through effect it has with the CBBE body (With flightsuit or without) being visible.. but being limited to one piece of underarmour in order to use it and having the model change when I get in and out was too much hassle

Agreed, I have the NAVI currently and love the see through effect it has with the CBBE body (With flightsuit or without) being visible.. but being limited to one piece of underarmour in order to use it and having the model change when I get in and out was too much hassle

Its just overral a pain for me to use heavy armor because of the debuff, I use Arbitration AI, and another mod I forget the name that makes it so a head shot is exactly that insta death, chest is wounding, arms and such the same. My combat is very fast or I end up breaking and running. Armor really is not as much a shield as it is helpful. I am not a purist so lore breaking armors are not game breaking. I just prefer the lighter armors that give more protection against flak and shrapnel then bullets. Most of my combat is more getting hit by stray bullets and shrapnel rather then pure aiming. But a medium or lighter than the bulky armors PA is a definet download.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this by pulling the default power armor frame into Outfit studio, basically just shrinking the whole thing to 90% to fit the CBBE body, pulling in the waist and then pulling the boobs and butt out a bit, its a bit fked up around the boobs, I suck at modelling. I haven't tried it in game yet, its sure to do something crazy and fail, something is probably wrong with the arms as they are, but I just thought I'd put it out for inspiration to others with more skill and better eyesight for detail.

Of course if it did work then all the armor pieces would have to be shrunk 90% and adjusted but not impossible. Maybe the animation would need adjusting too.

Is it possible to somehow just use the normal bodysliders, Breast, Boobs etc on an imported outfit like this rather than adjusting it by hand with the brushes? I think I got some bits out of symmetry somehow :)

post-12141-0-79193600-1470144715_thumb.jpgpost-12141-0-53547100-1470144721_thumb.jpgpost-12141-0-16900200-1470144730_thumb.jpg

It would be good to set it up so we could slip in standard CBBE skin suits like naked, GITS, Vaultsuit etc. It's not meant to have bulky outfits like combat armor worn in it.

Could still do a lot of adjustment toning down the legs and arms too but I think the skeleton nodes are probably out from the CBBE body nodes, beyond my understanding on how the voodoo works.

PowerFrameFemale.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Is PA separated by gender? Because if you change meshes of the PA, the male one will change too.

Nope, PA has no gender

I was the one to make this bodyslide mod.

And i am working on a mod that will allow us to choose beween vanilla and bodyslide meshes on a power armor station. This way, if you play a female character and want a somewhat slimmer power armor, you can just switch the meshes at the next work station. I think this is a good compromise between esthetics and realism.

But it will propably take some time... i dont have much time for modding atm.

Is PA separated by gender? Because if you change meshes of the PA, the male one will change too.

Nope, PA has no gender

And i am working on a mod that will allow us to choose beween vanilla and bodyslide meshes on a power armor station. This way, if you play a female character and want a somewhat slimmer power armor, you can just switch the meshes at the next work station. I think this is a good compromise between esthetics and realism.

Cool another thing I considered but haven't got round to trying was to use bodyslide to pull in the areas around the breasts and crotch and ass on the frame only so they are exposed if the torso plating is removed.

In the vanilla game PA frame changes with different clothes...

Though not every outfit has it's own PA frame

In the vanilla game PA frame changes with different clothes...

Though not every outfit has it's own PA frame

that is correct... vault, wastelander, atom cat, BOS and raider, where raider is the frame you get if you dont wear an underarmor of any of the other factions

in fact the frame is somewhat of a problem. it is no problem to just make a 6th. frame and bind it to a custom armor (like in the navi power armor mod), but i dont realy want to force people to use a specific armor with the remodeled frame. I also tried to make an invisible item, you can equip together with your armor. That works well as long as you do not wear any of the under armors mentioned above, as they seem to have a higher priority. Another possibility is to redoce the number of frames to two. you get the normal one when you don't wear the reshaping item and the new one when you do... you would lose the frame variants, but you barely see the difference anyway, especially when having armor parts on top...

the power armor frame is not realy an "armor". actually the frame becomes your body when you step into the armor... now that i think of it... i think i just got an idea how to solve this...

ill try it out on sunday or so

so what you want is a power frame as a standard armor with no power armor animations etc?

There is a mod for that: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609/?

It has a power frame (made from 5 armor parts, if you wear them together its pretty close). you can also put power armorish parts on top of it. you should check it out

Cool, that's pretty close but not as slim as I would like it to be, I'm thinking BubbleGum Crisis Feminine and slim.

I'll give it a go. Perhaps its the better way to do it then create a new fusion core animation for it later.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the *slight* thread necro, but I just wanted to add that there's a bodyslide-compatible frame added by this mod that's quite slim and looks very good imo:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13258/?

The laughable part is that while the FRAME is slimmed down considerably, the armor itself is like 2x bulkier than even the vanilla power armors! XD

Still, may be a good starting point for making something better! ^^

I've been making a lot of personal edits to it, alpha'ing out some of the parts of the mesh, making the legs and arms invisible, recoloring some of the textures, etc.

The result is a much slimmer power armor and something I can actually USE lmao:

WXbaktz.jpg

• 1 year later...

edited my initial post with the following:

"Lets revive the dead! Are there any news regarding this old question from me? I found none, but maybe I am using the wrong keywords. How about you? Did anybody find a slim Power armor, which does have a frame and is not equipped like normal armor?"

XA Power Assisted Armour by Daejones https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15571/?

XA Power Assisted Armor Bodyslide Conversion by daejones https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27085/?

CROSS Pre-War Cybernetics by Niero https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609/?

give this a try, see if you can mix and match

you'll probably get a better chance if you also use Armorsmith Extended by Gambit77 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/? since that mod lets you mix stuff.

you can try and see if you can wear the exo suit from cross without armor pieces and then put the XA stuff over top of that.

i think that's as close your going to get, unless some one makes a new framework for slim power armor that works like the armor from Fallout NV but also works like the one from Fallout 4 From scratch.

like JohnC0n0r did though he only did the frame

Fallout 4 '' Hecho en Mexico '' DLC by JohnC0n0r https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24098/?

there also this witch is just the power armor by it self

witch Johnc0n0r gave him his permission to extract the Viral Power Armor from his mod.

Viral Power Armor by DaXmAn https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27060/?

i have too much free time on my hands

i would test this but i haven't been in the mood to play fallout 4 in a long wile thought i still download mods for it that catch my eye.