Premise
-------
In its early history the Catholic Church was more heavily influenced by women
such as Mary Magdalene. As a result, equality is the norm for Catholics. Women
can hold council positions and lead armies without restriction, and may enter
the clergy. This Church's views on sex evolved in the reverse of its
historical counterpart: lust is a virtue, and chastity is one of the seven
deadly sins.

Whores are held in high esteem, and clergywomen are very likely to be whores.
Incest is accepted as normal, but doesn't have the Zoroastrian divine blood
belief. Concubines are also allowed. Adultery is looked on as generally good
because it shows a woman's desirability, but rulers may choose to discourage it
in their wives to avoid succession problems.

Installation
------------
To install this mod, follow these steps:
1. Open your "Documents" folder.
2. Locate the "Paradox Interactive" folder within your "Documents" folder and open
it.
3. Locate the "Crusader Kings II" folder within the "Paradox Interactive" folder and
open it.
4. Locate the "mod" folder within the "Paradox Interactive" folder and open it.
5. Copy the "Christianity Mod" folder and the "Christianity Mod.mod" file
located in the same folder as this readme to the "mod" folder.

You will now see it in the list of mods when you run Crusader Kings II.

Game Mechanic Changes
---------------------
I greatly reduced the likelyhood of getting the inbred trait, as in real life
the danger of inbreeding comes from harmful recessive traits, which is already
handled by normal inheritable trait mechanics. The remaining low probability
simulates multiple bad recessive traits that wouldn't individually merit a game
trait eventually adding up.

I lowered the age of marriage to 12, as it was in medieval Europe, because I'm
not selling this and therefore don't need to give lip service to Victorian era
beliefs. The age of adulthood for purposes of guardianship and regency ending is
currently set at 16, as the idea of education lasting until 16 is deeply
embedded in the game.

Absolute Cognatic succession law is available for all Catholics, even tribes.
Basque titles start with it, but other titles still use their default succession
laws. Note that the status of women laws, introduced in Conclave, are redundant
for Catholics who are effectively equivalent to the highest level at all times.
The Tolerance tech level requirements for improving the status of women have
been lowered to reflect the influence of the numerous Catholics.

Compatibility
-------------
This mod requires version 2.5 or higher and the expansions other than Sunset
Invasion. It works fine with the Your Personal Castle mod, which is recommended,
and with Better Looking Garbs.

Includes
--------
This mod was inspired by and is derived from nadamod, which in turn uses VIET,
Your Personal Castle, and Duel Engine. Nadamod also used a custom map and a law
mod which are not included here. I've separated out the files from Your Personal
Castle as well--anyone wishing to use that mod should install the regular
released version.

Known Bugs
----------
* Free investiture is hardcoded to only allow men to be nominated as
successors. This is a known limitation which Paradox will hopefully change.
* Only men can take concubines. This is a hardcoded limitation that I can't do
anything about.
* Some characters are created as adults by the game engine and can't be modded
directly. The event that gives women their curves will trigger for women created
this way eventually, but it can take up to six months. This is for performance
reasons, and I may adjust the frequency later.
* Catholic rulers get the "liege is jain" opinion modifier with their vassals,
which greatly increases realm stability. This is an engine bug that gives the
opinion modifier based on a religion's "pacifist" parameter being set to "yes",
as it is for Catholicism in this mod. In the base game, Jain is the only
pacifist religion.
* The status of women laws can still be changed for Catholics, but doing so will
have no game effect. The engine offeres no way to disable that law even when
it's redundant.

download.png
Click here to download this file

Here are the changes for this version:

* Female popes now have a new title and regnal names. The title and most of the

names were contributed by Abraxis00.
* There is now a global flag, "christ_enabled," that can be used by other mods
to check if this mod is active.
* New summer festival gangbang event.
* It's now possible for teen girls to work as whores. An unlikely event enables
this for AI characters.
* Minor changes to existing events to account for the mod's version of
Catholicism.
* The on_action files have been reorganized to use folder loading, simplifying
updates.
* Lots of changes for compatibility with Conclave.
* Removed some obsolete files.
* Fixed missing nickname for non-Catholic adulterers.
* Fixed Jewish courtier cultures. Sephardi and ashkenazi culture should now be
equally likely.
* Halved opinion modifiers, to keep them in line with the reduced modifiers in
the base game.
* The technology requirements for the status of women laws have been reduced, to
reflect the influence of the numerous and powerful Catholics who are effectively
fixed at the highest status level.
* Moved the mod's defines to folder-based loading. This should eliminate the
crash on launch problem for future base game updates, in addition to making
updates simpler.
* Fixed some event bugs.

as i asked before dont make a new topic for each update change thread name to chirstanity mod and just update the file not makeing a new thread. ill probaly give it a try next time i play ck

Are you a moderator or owner? The Forum Police?

If he does it, to add more content, kudos.

So I just tried using it, CKII won't launch, when it's checked, I had nothing else checked, besides my main game/DLC to also test it, still didn't launch when it's checked.

So I just tried using it, CKII won't launch, when it's checked, I had nothing else checked, besides my main game/DLC to also test it, still didn't launch when it's checked.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "won't launch?" Does nothing happen when you click the Play button in the launcher, or does it actually launch but then crash while loading?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "won't launch?" Does nothing happen when you click the Play button in the launcher, or does it actually launch but then crash while loading?

I click play, then it never launches game, launcher vanishes, I am looking at Desktop.

I also have that.  More specifically the launcher closes, the game window opens for a split second, and then closes.

Great to see this is back!  So far I haven't noticed any bugs -- I was able to get it to launch just fine, loading only it and Your Personal Castle.  I've played a few decades, and everything's looking solid.  I've even gotten the first female Pope on the throne -- Meretrix Mary!  I'll keep an eye out for any problems, but so far, nothing.

I click play, then it never launches game, launcher vanishes, I am looking at Desktop.

The behavior you and souldead341 are reporting is something I haven't seen before--in the past, when a mod crashed the game it didn't happen until well into the loading process.

Do you both have Conclave?

Would you mind checking the mod folder to make sure a .DS_Store file didn't slip in somehow? Also, are you using Mac or Windows, and if it's Windows, what version?

So.. im in the middle of refactoring all my mods anyway... and also waiting for a few to be updated.. if they are ever going to be.. so having had wiped my mod folder in this process figured to test out if this mod would load or not.

I dont have conclave.. and to add more to the confusion.. im also still running 2.4.5 (i set the 2.4.5 "beta mode)

Your mod loads.  It took longer than it did just prior to having wiped the mod folder.. i guess taking account of all the core religion changes/overwrites..but it loaded, started a new game, pop'd 2 comment windows about viet, off it goes.  

so..thought.. while im wiped out anyway..

updated to latest.. again to note.. WITHOUT conclave....

mod loads.... got the 2 viet notices.. but it also apparently made my spymaster and marshal just.. leave.. right even before i take the game out of pause at the very start.   not sure why.. but yea. 

I used the "Kingdom of Mercia"  up in UK/England area as my test.. all i did is go into start new.. hit custom. click on mercia, hit ruler designer quick to make sure it picked catholic under christian, and then hit start. for both tests.

Random question, I saw a way_of_life_decisions.txt in the stuff. I have another mod that I mainly keep around because it's supposed to let me use the seduction focus on consorts/my wife, just wondering if yours does as well. (Also, said other mod doesn't even do that all that well anymore, and Dark World Core covers it more or less really by doing it in another way) I've checked the mentioned file a few times between various mods for different reasons; still can't make heads or tails of the thing, so I have to ask.

For random exposition, when I say I still can't make heads or tails of the thing, I mean I can't quite figure out some of the chains of logic. 

OR = {
				ai = no
				AND = {
					OR = {
						is_female = no
						AND = {
							trait = homosexual
							OR = {
								is_married = yes
								is_consort = yes
							}
						}
						trait = lustful
						any_spouse = {
							trait = homosexual
						}
						any_consort = {
							trait = homosexual
						}
					}
					is_ill = no
					NOT = { trait = eunuch }
					NOT = { trait = infirm }
					NOT = { trait = inbred }
					NOT = { trait = imbecile }
					NOT = { trait = chaste }
					NOT = { trait = shy }
				}
			}
		}

I can follow the brackets fine, but sometimes I'm not sure if that snippet allows or disallows seduction on married (to the player) or consort targets unless they're homosexual. That's just a few out of 947 lines though; the rest is even weirder and seems to repeat the same stuff over and over last time I looked deeper. Not a problem with your mod of course; seems to be that way in the base game. Just venting my confusion over the code here.

Yea im in the same boat as you.. trying to figure out all the variables and references... but.. if i gather right.. the top few lines of that you cliped out.. was the "from_potential" which i think is dictating..as you the player character, what your own traits and abilities are and to narrow down your list of potential targets.. then the next section after that is "potential" which i believe further narrows down what your actual list of targets for the action would be, based on your preferences and their preferences.

so anything "from_potential" is rules for the character (npc or player char i believe) taking said action, and then potential being the available targets of said action.

and any time you see something like "any_spouse = { character = FROM }"  its doing a comparison between that target character and the char taking the action... usually "you".

as for the snippet you put in.. yea.. im still alittle lost on why its trying to check if your are married or a consort.. especially when it asks if ai=no.. meaning.. it cant be AI.. it has to be player controlled character..  the is_female is checking whether or not the PC (going on the idea that ai=no meaning its a PC character to begin with) is a female character, but then.. i would think it would need to check for the homo trait regardless of gender, and then lost on the classification of the rest.   i do know that whole part is about the PC/Action taking character, not even about targets yet, so yea some of that wouldnt even apply to a PC character.. but..im probably wrong somewhere in there.

if im wrong, please.. add-in.. still learning this too.

Random question, I saw a way_of_life_decisions.txt in the stuff. I have another mod that I mainly keep around because it's supposed to let me use the seduction focus on consorts/my wife, just wondering if yours does as well. 

No, it doesn't. As I recall, there are events in the base game for characters with the seduction focus to improve their relationship with concubines and spouses.

The Clausewitz language is indeed a pain to work with. There is some documentation available here:

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding

Hi,

i like your work, but I m sad, it s not compatible with Dark World. The characters have, among others, two pairs of breasts.

This is my fault since as part of my reborn effort I overhauled a lot of things, including some naming conventions.

There are a couple ways to make it compatible if you're comfortable editing your files.

If you look in either the Dark World Core mod folder, or the Christianity mod folder (ONLY  DO THIS IN ONE), in the common/on_action folder is a text file. If you open it and put a # in front of the startup event, annual event, and on_adult event that assigns breast traits, then it'll ignore that line and not trigger.

Reminder - only set it in one of our mods, if you do it in both, you end up with no breast traits.

On a side note: genericlogin - I apologize for the naming overhaul that caused this (I added two more sizes as well). If you want, you can take what I did and use it, or I can add the nada_mod flag check into my breast checks. Either way is cool by me.

I do not have Conclave

I listed the requirements for this version as "everything except Sunset Invasion," because that's what I use. The artwork DLC don't really matter, and you could probably get by without some of the expansions, but Way of Life and Conclave are definitely required. Sorry, but it's just not practical for me to try to support partial sets of expansions.

If you look in either the Dark World Core mod folder, or the Christianity mod folder (ONLY  DO THIS IN ONE), in the common/on_action folder is a text file. If you open it and put a # in front of the startup event, annual event, and on_adult event that assigns breast traits, then it'll ignore that line and not trigger.

Reminder - only set it in one of our mods, if you do it in both, you end up with no breast traits.

On a side note: genericlogin - I apologize for the naming overhaul that caused this (I added two more sizes as well). If you want, you can take what I did and use it, or I can add the nada_mod flag check into my breast checks. Either way is cool by me.

I would recommend against trying to edit the Christianity Mod on_action file. In Christianity Mod, the event that assigns breast traits also does other things, and it's also called by every event that creates an adult female character--and there are dozens of those. If you comment out the lines in the on_action file, you'll still get a bunch of characters with two breast traits. Also, it would keep the event that assigns breast traits to teenagers from working correctly, because it uses their mothers' breast traits.

Dewguru, I actually added a new global flag that's set when my mod loads for compatibility purposes: "christ_enabled". May I suggest using that? Also... are you really attached to your new names for breast traits? The most noticeable compatibility problem I encountered between the previous incarnation of Dark World and Christianity Mod was your breast growth potion, which would make breasts disappear when both mods were present because of the two larger sizes I'd added. Since we both now have six sizes, how about using the same names for them? That way, things like the potion would work correctly with both mods present...

Well.. i did test your mod without conclave.. it seems to work... at least it initialized in a new game and did start to pop up its various notification windows.. so... it "may" work in the long term without conclave.. unless you coded in something specific that conclave itself added that wasnt available in the patch alone.

and as for your question to Dew... ya might wanna PM that to him too if you havnt already, in case he doesnt check this post.

I would recommend against trying to edit the Christianity Mod on_action file. In Christianity Mod, the event that assigns breast traits also does other things, and it's also called by every event that creates an adult female character--and there are dozens of those. If you comment out the lines in the on_action file, you'll still get a bunch of characters with two breast traits. Also, it would keep the event that assigns breast traits to teenagers from working correctly, because it uses their mothers' breast traits.

Dewguru, I actually added a new global flag that's set when my mod loads for compatibility purposes: "christ_enabled". May I suggest using that? Also... are you really attached to your new names for breast traits? The most noticeable compatibility problem I encountered between the previous incarnation of Dark World and Christianity Mod was your breast growth potion, which would make breasts disappear when both mods were present because of the two larger sizes I'd added. Since we both now have six sizes, how about using the same names for them? That way,things like the potion would work correctly with both mods present..

I am pretty attached to the names as since I made the change, I just notice it makes adjusting things easier for me. Plus, even though we both have six size categories, our categories don't align. As mine are: Tiny (smaller than A, or flat), Small (A), Average (B,C), Large (D,E), Huge (F,G), and Gigantic (H+).

I had requests for both a flat size and a larger size, so I hit both ends of the spectrum with my two additions.

I'll add a global check for your mod though that'll tell my breast assignment event to skip. I'll have to include nada_checked flag in the npc's that I generate, and I foresee some potential headaches with my DW Creatures of the Night addition, but as long as I don't forget things, I should be able to maintain compatibility.

@dewguru thank you for your help,

I don't understand the file christ_on_actions.txt https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqbblrnahpjv16b/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%20christ_on_actions.png?dl=0

I can't find my way.

I don't want to change the Dark World, because you add 2 more sizes.

Charli - Dark World originally only had four sizes. Christianity has had six for some time. Dark World only recently hit six. The only difference is our size ranges scale a bit differently as Dark World starts from Flat chested (smaller than A cup) up to H+. Christianity I believe starts at A-B and scales upwards from there.

Plus, I forgot that the nada mod breast assignment that both of our approaches grew from, also included some other items - such as determining if someone was a potential whore or not - which is very important to the Christianity mod. So disabling Christianity's would take away from a core part of the mod.

So I'm going to modify my Core mod to check and not run my breast size assignment if the Christianity mod is detected. I'll have an updated Dark World Core mod posted later tonight.

Well.. i did test your mod without conclave.. it seems to work... at least it initialized in a new game and did start to pop up its various notification windows.. so... it "may" work in the long term without conclave.. unless you coded in something specific that conclave itself added that wasnt available in the patch alone.

and as for your question to Dew... ya might wanna PM that to him too if you havnt already, in case he doesnt check this post.

Genericlogin and I visit each others threads on occasion. His Christianity mod is the adult CK2 mod that got me interested in making my own in the first place, so even though I don't use it that often anymore, I still like to see it succeed and for it to work together with Dark World when it's feasible.

Hello

I had played your mod in CK2 Conclave, works all what i had tested, but the fertility rate in my usual queens, is usually 120%, with the charinfo 1 console done. Resulting in  a new kid every 9 months mainly. One queen was like 40 years and got 34 sons and daugthers. thats complicate all the thing. Tested with your mod only no other one. Ty for your time creating this.

Archived