[Project] Dialog Sex mod, seduction game

travis199

Alright, where do i start?

I have found myself a bit disappointed with the mods that trigger sex via dialog. They are very well made, but there is no depth in it, always the same lines, based around luck only.

What i would like however, is a semi-realistic seduction game, with a more complex dialog tree. Again it could work with a system based on speechcraft skills or other things.

- The mini-game would completely change depending on the relationship rank with the player

- There would be a complex dialog tree, with multiple choices that would lead to seduction, and again a variety of lines, so it's not ALWAYS the same thing.

- Of course there would be luck still, it should be like that, but not THAT depending i would say.

- Would try to change the chances to seduce depending on the personnality of the NPC (might be hard to do tho, maybe could guess a type of personnality depending on the voice, don't know if its possible, really).

If you are interested;

the thing is, i am not an experienced modder (only did little things), so i would have to require your assistance on:

- What should i do first of all?

- Well, your fresh ideas.

- Is it really necessary to work on an entirely new mod?

- Some technical stuff.

My question would be, what were you thinking of in terms of the minigame? Just a dialogue-tree based thing, where (for example) your questions, answers, comments, and responses move a number from 0 to 100 (disinterested to seduced, say) or something like that?

If so, that's actually very easy to implement.

If you're talking about adding in some completely new actual minigame, that would probably range from difficult to impossible, depending on what you want to do.

- What should i do first of all?

My recommendation would be to just create a very simple mod, just to get a feel for the CK and some basic scripting. The Creation Kit tutorials (link), particularly the "absolute beginner" one, give you a fair idea about how most non-scripted mods work.

- Is it really necessary to work on an entirely new mod?

Not sure I understand the question... are you talking about taking someone else's mod and altering it? That's fine, people do that all the time, but before you publish it, you should really ask permission. If you're doing this just for yourself, go right ahead, I'd say.

- Some technical stuff.

A little on the vague side. :)

What sort of technical stuff do you need help with? Scripting, quests, dialogue? You say you've done "little things" but what's the extent?

Thanks a lot for your (quick) response.

You understood what i was thinking, it is a dialog tree based. I'm going to take your advices.

As for the 'technical stuff', it was just if i were to encounter some difficulties as i build this little mod.

I'm going to start low and see if i can go further.

Thanks a lot for your (quick) response.

You understood what i was thinking, it is a dialog tree based. I'm going to take your advices.

As for the 'technical stuff', it was just if i were to encounter some difficulties as i build this little mod.

I'm going to start low and see if i can go further.

SkyrimLL gives some good advice too, on his blog. He also has some better links.

If you want to make a personal patch, you could take Reward Your Followers and modify it - the basic framework for what you want to do is already in place there.

Here are a couple of RYF links to posts I made for other people who wanted to edit the mod.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46227-reward-your-followers-v5d-2/page-13?do=findComment&comment=1230497

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46227-reward-your-followers-v5d-3/page-22?do=findComment&comment=1353314

I think for inspiration, Sexout Intimacy for New Vegas is the best mod to look at (it's in FNV section of this forum). It's a sex mod based around building up relationship with NPCs by talking, walking around them with different clothes (sexy clothes will make them attracted to you, formal will increase their respect to you, slutty will make them think you're an easy romp), doing activities with them (drink, eat, hang out, drinking alcohol, doing drugs), and based on those, the NPC will evaluate you, and based on NPC's preference, it may increase or decrease their respect, desire, etc etc.

IMO Sexout Intimacy is the best mod in any Bethesda games ever, and considering it's still being actively developed it's even more awesome. I'm surprised no one actually tried to do the same thing for Skyrim. SLEN had the potential to get there, but I don't know if it's being updated anymore.

It probably won't help you with scripting, but you know, inspiration :)

Looking out these mods, they will help out a lot for sure.I didn't know Reward your followers, but it is really close of what i want to do it's true. Your mod will help that's certain. As for Sexout Intimacy, it seems great but i don't feel capable of doing anything more than dialogue, i really am a noob. The main thing i want to do is writing some lines because this is what i'm good at.

So now i'm going to tell where i am:

- I'm currently writing the lines, there are a lot.

- Great news: it is possible to select one type of voice alone, so i could change the dialogues per voice actor/personnality. (Aela's voice type is more for proud women for exemple, that would change the way you must act).

- So the conditions that would make the dialogues change would be the relationship rank with the player and the voice actor. + one special tree for married women, obviously. With that i think that the dialogues would not be repetitive as it is very selective.

- The outcomes would be --> nothing happens, increase/decrease in relationship, trigger animations... (anymore ideas?) -- i don't know how to do outcomes yet, will probably need help.

- I know it is possible but i can't select married women, i tried some factions but it doesn't seem to be that ?

- I did some test with the CK, i can do one esp file and test it in Skyrim. But if i load it in the CK and save another one, nothing happens. Only the first one would work. It seems that i can only do a mod in one shot. I can't do a mod with so much quantity in just one time so that's annoying.

Thanks again for your help guys.

- I'm currently writing the lines, there are a lot.

Yeah. :)

- Great news: it is possible to select one type of voice alone, so i could change the dialogues per voice actor/personnality. (Aela's voice type is more for proud women for exemple, that would change the way you must act).

My problem with reusing voiced lines from the game instead of using non-voiced dialogue (requiring Fuz Ro D-oh) is that you're fairly limited in what you can make the character say. Aela, for example, doesn't ever say anything like "kiss me you mad fool" (for example). So if you're exclusively using voiced dialogue, you can't ever use that line. You end up forcing player dialogue to make sense with the voiced lines, and results can vary considerably from "okay" to "absolutely terrible."

If you can make it work, I salute you!

- So the conditions that would make the dialogues change would be the relationship rank with the player and the voice actor. + one special tree for married women, obviously. With that i think that the dialogues would not be repetitive as it is very selective.

Relationshiprank is probably the most relevant way to do it. The problem is, there are only five levels you can reasonably use. If you're planning on making a long-term quest with a bunch of branching choices and fine-tuned responses building a gradual relationship, you'd be better off using something else.

Another problem is that relationshiprank is quite often changed in the game itself, simply by doing quests. Using relationshiprank on a completely new created follower should be fine, but if you're trying to use a vanilla character, your own mod's quest will have to take into account that relationshiprank can go up (or down, technically) just from playing the game, without ever interacting with that character.

Relationshiprank is probably a good way to start, at any rate. You can always change it later without too much trouble, if you find out you need to.

- I know it is possible but i can't select married women, i tried some factions but it doesn't seem to be that ?

I don't think anyone in the vanilla game actually uses that faction except the player's spouse. So for example Ulfberth War-Bear is married to Adrianne Avenicci, but neither of them are in any marriage faction at all.

If you want to use factions for that instead of any other way, you'll need to find out what the faction is. So Ulfberth and Adrianne aren't in any marriage faction, but they are both members of the WhiterunWarmaidensFaction, which includes nobody else, so you might want to use that instead.

The UESP's complete faction list (link) will be of some help.

- I did some test with the CK, i can do one esp file and test it in Skyrim. But if i load it in the CK and save another one, nothing happens. Only the first one would work. It seems that i can only do a mod in one shot. I can't do a mod with so much quantity in just one time so that's annoying.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean... but in general, mod content has issues updating properly sometimes (for me, at least).

I've found that the best thing to do when testing your mod is to create a new game each time you make a change to the .esp you want to test. That way, you won't accidentally make an error that isn't immediately noticeable.

I think for inspiration, Sexout Intimacy for New Vegas is the best mod to look at (it's in FNV section of this forum). It's a sex mod based around building up relationship with NPCs by talking, walking around them with different clothes (sexy clothes will make them attracted to you, formal will increase their respect to you, slutty will make them think you're an easy romp), doing activities with them (drink, eat, hang out, drinking alcohol, doing drugs), and based on those, the NPC will evaluate you, and based on NPC's preference, it may increase or decrease their respect, desire, etc etc.

IMO Sexout Intimacy is the best mod in any Bethesda games ever, and considering it's still being actively developed it's even more awesome. I'm surprised no one actually tried to do the same thing for Skyrim. SLEN had the potential to get there, but I don't know if it's being updated anymore.

It probably won't help you with scripting, but you know, inspiration :)

I never played New Vegas, but that sounds like a really good mod and am also surprised no one made a Skyrim version. It's something I'd like very much...a little depth vs "Hey, ya wanna f*ck".  "Yes / No" - animation start.  I had hopes for SLEN as well, but (it seems) there's kinda nothing to it after a while.

The ability to select animations, somewhat like Animated Prostitution has, would also be nice as well. I really don't like mods that make "random" selections for me.

I'd also like to see some "closure" after animations as well, like "Whew! That was Hot!" dialogue - or something vs. "animation end", walk away, "I've got your back" (follower example). The "wham bam, thank you maam!" thing leaves me a little flat.

Hopefully someone can / will develop a mod like that - a relationship-based, wearing sexy clothes (which would mean the adding of tags to clothes somehow I guess) to raise arousal level, etc., etc. We already have SLA, there's a need to do something with that info.

Hello again, sorry if can't update or respond all the time

My problem with reusing voiced lines from the game instead of using non-voiced dialogue (requiring Fuz Ro D-oh) is that you're fairly limited in what you can make the character say. Aela, for example, doesn't ever say anything like "kiss me you mad fool" (for example). So if you're exclusively using voiced dialogue, you can't ever use that line. You end up forcing player dialogue to make sense with the voiced lines, and results can vary considerably from "okay" to "absolutely terrible."

I don't actually want to use voices. What i wanted to say is that i can select NPC's per their voice types and change the dialogues. But yeah it will require Fuz ro D'oh.

Relationshiprank is probably the most relevant way to do it. The problem is, there are only five levels you can reasonably use. If you're planning on making a long-term quest with a bunch of branching choices and fine-tuned responses building a gradual relationship, you'd be better off using something else.

Another problem is that relationshiprank is quite often changed in the game itself, simply by doing quests. Using relationshiprank on a completely new created follower should be fine, but if you're trying to use a vanilla character, your own mod's quest will have to take into account that relationshiprank can go up (or down, technically) just from playing the game, without ever interacting with that character.

Relationshiprank is probably a good way to start, at any rate. You can always change it later without too much trouble, if you find out you need to.

It is very true, that's why i plan on to make the dialogues a bit more generic, keep them coherent. It will not be a real/followed quest. Armorous adventures is great for that, i'll just do dialogues, just like in those weird flash dating-sim.

An idea on the side:

You could make your mod some kind of framework so other modders can easily hook up their own mods with your dialog system.

Maybe also add the possibility to add new lines.

This would certainly spice up alot of mods out there  :)

Besides that I don't have much to offer, sorry D:

I absolutely don't know how to do that  :D

But i wanted to point at something

If you somewhat want to do something with my work then please by all means do it, just ask me for my stuff, i absolutely don't care about credit, i just want to have and share a good exprerience.

I am very limited after all.

post-774822-0-90501600-1456609646_thumb.png

As you can see it could take quite a lot of time to do all the dialogues, as each of these has its own tree.

Edit : - I no longer have the problem with the CK, it was my mistake i forgot to put an active file

- I still don't know how to select married women, should i select them individually (it's going to be annoying) ?

- Still don't know how to do the outcomes (increase/decrease in relationship and trigger animations)

• 5 months later...

Archived