Blender is totally useless

Delzaron

Hi

I met a very interesting difficulty : unlike the developers guide says, there are no option to add addons on Blender for reading Nif. Not in file, user preferences, nowhere at all !

So, this program is totally useless for our purposes.

If somebody have a trick, I will thank him in advance.

the problem isn't blender but your approach. neither blender nor max are even close to 100%. you're going to have to learn how to switch between your 3d editor of choice and nifskope a lot.

Problem is not here !

I know I need to modify the NIF in nikshope before import it into blender. But, for that, blender need additional functions, which can be instlaled in addons.

The problem is blender needs Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.8, an addon, wich is possible to download, but impossible to install : blender and the developpers tutorial are totally different : there are no addons options at all !

Or, whithout that, blender cant recognize NIF files.

With that and no correction in Nifskope, blender should crash, but the option should exist, according to tutorials.

I followed that :

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-19348-995139-1-0-1-0-modding-blender-nifskope.htmhttp://niftools.org/projects/plugins/blender_nif_plugin/docs/user/install.html

The thing I wish to do is still the ascended sleeper : I dont want to create an actor, so I will just made a mask (so, no skeleton problem).

no. i mean you will have to go back and forth and back and forth switching tools the entire time depending on what you need to do next. way more to it than just making blender be able to read it. for example... your addon nodes. if blender even /can/ do it im telling you its 20982390234x easier to do it in nifskope.

impossible to install

We'll need a little more information on the problem to be able to help.

How I can explain...

The problem is simple : I need to edit/create a piece of armor, based on the head of the ascended sleeper or the ash ghoul of morrowind. So use morriwind nif and convert them into skyrim one, or design new nif like that :

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-development/4517

Problem is I don't know how to develop skeleton, so, I think the simplier way is to develop armor items, and equip the character. Like this mod do  (the seeker head helmet)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54930/?

So, I followed the tutorial I posted here.

Blender itself cant read NIF : it's need a pluggin, Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.8.

The instructions says I have to install it though blender file->user preference menu, but this menu doesn't exist !

And blender can't work by himself : he need python and python console for working...  it's the weirdest thing I ever met ! Even Matlab is simpler to use !

no. i mean you will have to go back and forth and back and forth switching tools the entire time depending on what you need to do next. way more to it than just making blender be able to read it. for example... your addon nodes. if blender even /can/ do it im telling you its 20982390234x easier to do it in nifskope.

I know nifskope, and I use it for removing blocks for creating custom armors (it's the way I used for TID and AFS armors)

I know Nifskope is simpler, but Nifskope cant do what I want :

- convert a morrowind nif into a skyrim one

- extract a part of the nif, and use it as a base for creating a mask

- modify/edit/delete nif polygons (reduce the lengh behind and helmer). For example, I cant delete polygons on a forsworn armor to made it topless : the only thing I can is finding a forworn armor where the top and the bottom are separated nif, delete the top one, and save as.

And I don't speak about textures...

I never got into working with blender or nifscope..

But AFAIK the nif plugin for blender doesn't work with the most recent versions, recomended version was - as far as I can remember - 2.49.

I installed blender 2.49B

So, how I can do that ?

I found the test version of 3dx max, and there is a pluggin on the nexus for using it with NIF...

Hi, If you have installed blender 2.49 

The next thing you need to do install the nif Scripts , 

https://github.com/niftools/blender_nif_plugin/releases

Post this you still need to tweak the nif in order to get it in game 

this is the general workflow

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15690/?

Cheers

I will test thaht... I don't need Python and PyFFI ?

I tested.... and it's worse !

I still can't import NIF, but now I can import nothing !

PyFF says it cant find blender scripts, however they were installed by the exe...

Edit : I finally suceed to make blender works, and to import a very simple NIF (the skull mask)

But: impossible to move (there is only a upper view available). No Camera !

Unable to made anything with the NIF... no editing or work options !

How people can use this software ?

I tested.... and it's worse !

I still can't import NIF, but now I can import nothing !

PyFF says it cant find blender scripts, however they were installed by the exe...

Edit : I finally suceed to make blender works, and to import a very simple NIF (the skull mask)

But: impossible to move (there is only a upper view available). No Camera !

Unable to made anything with the NIF... no editing or work options !

How people can use this software ?

Kind it was the version by Anton, for more new Blender v

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62065/?

But I myself do not know what's there and how. ..

Witch version of blender are you using ??

If you have trouble navigating maybe try searching for blender tutorial for navigation:

Once you manage how to navigate blender it will be easier to manipulate stuff in blender.

The 2.49b version.

Upper versions of blender are not compatible with Nif scripts

Another very interesting problem I get is it's totally impossible to modify the meshe I want. I explain :

When I load, for example, an helmet, I got that helmet, linked to a cube. Only the cube can be modified, and the modifications are only for expend the cube. You cannot smoyth, reduce, acces to the points... nothing.

That's weird.

Before loading the NIF, you remove the cube by pressing the 'A' key to select it then 'X' key to bring up the Delete option.  If you press 'A' key 3 times (select cube > deselect cube > select all) then you can remove the cube, camera, and light source.

Also I have the portable version of Blender 2.49b with python and NIF import/export scripts.  You only need to extract the files to a whichever location you want and launch Blender, nothing else to install.  I use this to export NIFs to the 3DS format to import/export to and from a current version of Blender then use v2.49b to export back to a NIF.

Before loading the NIF, you remove the cube by pressing the 'A' key to select it then 'X' key to bring up the Delete option.  If you press 'A' key 3 times (select cube > deselect cube > select all) then you can remove the cube, camera, and light source.

Also I have the portable version of Blender 2.49b with python and NIF import/export scripts.  You only need to extract the files to a whichever location you want and launch Blender, nothing else to install.  I use this to export NIFs to the 3DS format to import/export to and from a current version of Blender then use v2.49b to export back to a NIF.

I tested : it's remove everything.

It's also impossible to import several meshes in the same time. For example, I can't import the headfemale nif, and the helmet nif...

And there are still these damn cubes.

The only I can do it's just create a sphere or a cube...

With the tools, I can make an apple... whitout the small part of wood... that's all... and that's weird...

But, whitouth importing other things, I cannot fit that apple... brief, it's the most strange program I ever made.

Usually, programs are designed to made what the technician wants...

Another amazing thing : I created a sphere, and I imported a NIF.... and they automaticaly fisionned !

Ok, I suceed to dot that :

- import a skyrim nif (by suing nifskope)

- import a morrowind meshe (the ascender sleeper)

But I still cant made any modification...

So, how I can made what I want in that damn program ?

Another stupid thing with that program : Nifskope can't recognize Nif produced by blender !

Edit : maybe I found an alternative :

I suceed to extract the head of the Ascended sleeper, and to rescale it in Nifskope to made it fit with the female headmeshe.

The problem is now that one : how to make this a functionnal helmet ? Every objects have bones and things like that....

I tried to import the ascended sleeper part into the female head NIf. I fitted the tentacle head on the female head, and I deleted the female head. But CK says the NIF is not good (the big red square)... and there is also the texture problem. I have the original texture from morrowind, and gimp...

I tried to replace the nif of a mask by the ascended sleeper head (imported as object), it's worked, I repositionned the tentacle head, but CK dont recognize that : he says there are errors with the bones.

aTIDSleeperFemale.nif

Ok, I suceed to dot that :

- import a skyrim nif (by suing nifskope)

- import a morrowind meshe (the ascender sleeper)

But I still cant made any modification...

So, how I can made what I want in that damn program ?

Another stupid thing with that program : Nifskope can't recognize Nif produced by blender !

Edit : maybe I found an alternative :

I suceed to extract the head of the Ascended sleeper, and to rescale it in Nifskope to made it fit with the female headmeshe.

The problem is now that one : how to make this a functionnal helmet ? Every objects have bones and things like that....

I tried to import the ascended sleeper part into the female head NIf. I fitted the tentacle head on the female head, and I deleted the female head. But CK says the NIF is not good (the big red square)... and there is also the texture problem. I have the original texture from morrowind, and gimp...

I tried to replace the nif of a mask by the ascended sleeper head (imported as object), it's worked, I repositionned the tentacle head, but CK dont recognize that : he says there are errors with the bones.

Try this , Unfortunately you do need to edit it an 3d software , Both Max and Blender is Free , But if you are going Skyrim better to Get the Student Version , the Nif Plugins support new versions of Max 2013/2014/2015/2015  

Its more Skyrim Friendly 

Blender is more Oblivion/FO/FONV/ Friendly 

Delzaron Mask.nif

I haven't tested it in game but it should work , make sure U use Slot 55

Have skinned it to the single head Bone more like a mask , gag etc

Cheers

Its more Skyrim Friendly Both Max and Blender is Free , But if you are going Skyrim better to Get the Student Version , the Nif Plugins support new versions of Max 2013/2014/2015/2015  

Zaz, this is unrelated to the topic but how do you do your animations?

I have 3ds Max 2015 for nif edits but Havok Content tools installs scripts for 3ds max versions up to 2014 only. I have tried using the 2014 scripts with my 2015 version of 3ds max only to encounter errors on start... possibly you had some means of working around this while creating your animation pack?

Its more Skyrim Friendly Both Max and Blender is Free , But if you are going Skyrim better to Get the Student Version , the Nif Plugins support new versions of Max 2013/2014/2015/2015  

Zaz, this is unrelated to the topic but how do you do your animations?

I have 3ds Max 2015 for nif edits but Havok Content tools installs scripts for 3ds max versions up to 2014 only. I have tried using the 2014 scripts with my 2015 version of 3ds max only to encounter errors on start... possibly you had some means of working around this while creating your animation pack?

If you are making , Character animations for Skyrim better to use ( you can only use )  3ds max 2012/10

a good way to start is this thread

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39996-3ds-max-skyrim-video-animation-tutorial/

That being said I used blender for most animations its a tedious process , its much easier to use max given all the resources presesnt

Cheers

Archived