[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

18 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Bug report: The "change your portrait" decisions for supernatural creatures don't remove your old portrait, which means you accumulate tons of invisible portraits, of which only the last in index order is visible, and it becomes impossible to change your portrait after you click it enough times.

Edit: Also, you can "Decree a Prostitute" anyone, even your liege, his wife, and random unrelated children, which seems a bit silly.

I'll take a look at the change your portrait bit.

One thing about the Decree a Prostitute - I am a big believer in players taking some responsibility. Some functionality is broader than folks may like, but when that functionality is limited to players (like the Decree a Prostitute) - I don't see a reason to scale it down too much, since a player that thinks it's crazy to decree that their liege is a prostitute, can simply opt to not do so. Some folks like cheaty level control, and others don't. I've a lot more I'd like to do with the mod, so I can't say I'm likely to add more restrictions to it (although I do reserve the right to change my mind).

Alright, family holiday stuff and vacation is done, I'm back, and I'll resume work on the mod. The next release isn't likely to be huge. The main part I want to release next (targeting the coming weekend) is getting the scripted_triggers in place for improved mod compatibility. Lockeslylcrit has shared what she's already set-up, so now it's on me to get any relevant portions set-up in Dark World. So I'll be adding the scripted_triggers and updating some things so content will hopefully spread more seamlessly between mods.

Going to miss another week around Christmas / New Years time, just waiting to hear when. Saying this as an advance so folks know things in December will be slow in terms of mod changes, with the one this coming weekend potentially being the only update released in December.

On 12/3/2019 at 6:00 AM, Atropov said:

Greetings.

I started playing this mod yesterday, and, despite some flaws, I really liked it.

My question is: I played both hero and villain. It looks like more NPCs (heroes) used to visit me when I was playing as a hero than when I was a villain. Is it always like that or it depends on some situations in-game that I don't know? I didn't play for a long time, but it appears there aren't tons of villains coming to my court. Why?

Simply said - there are more heroes than villains in regards to source material to pull from. More content will be getting added for both of them, but it'll be hard to overcome heroes having more variety.

Bug report: You can't see someone's dick size even if they have the "dw_big_dick_public" modifier, because the trigger is incorrectly written. Currently, it looks like this:

dw_knows_about_my_dick_size = {
    OR = {
        is_lover = FROM
        is_former_lover = FROM
        is_consort = FROM
        has_character_modifier = dw_big_dick_public
        any_spouse = { character = FROM }
        character = FROM
    }
}

In the "is_visible" block, ROOT is the onlooker and FROM is the character with the trait in question. This means the modifier condition in the "dw_knows_about_my_dick_size" is checking whether the onlooker has the modifier, not the character with the dick. The trigger should instead look like this:

dw_knows_about_my_dick_size = {
    OR = {
        is_lover = FROM
        is_former_lover = FROM
        is_consort = FROM
        FROM = { has_character_modifier = dw_big_dick_public }
        any_spouse = { character = FROM }
        character = FROM
    }
}

Had someone report a bug in my discord.

The heroes/villains will sometimes spawn as an LF race (with the Racial Courtiers gamerule) and the portrait will overwrite the hero/villain portrait. I took a glance at the code and half (or less than half) of all NPCs are missing flag = special_npc, causing LF's on_host_change to kick in.

Solution: Add in either flag = special_npc or flag = lf_never_change_race to the create_character block.

lf_never_change_race is a new addtition in LF 1.3.8 and will simply prevent the racial change while still making the NPC vulnerable to hostile actions.

11 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Solution: Add in either flag = special_npc or flag = lf_never_change_race to the create_character block.

lf_never_change_race is a new addtition in LF 1.3.8 and will simply prevent the racial change while still making the NPC vulnerable to hostile actions.

Thanks for sharing this.

Had an illness roll through the household, so I didn't get things posted this weekend like hoped. Going to work on it tonight and hopefully get an update posted tonight or tomorrow. I'll see if I can work this in as well.

Validator found a couple errors. Looks like things I was working on and didn't finish up before the holiday/vacation break. I'll look to get it fixed tomorrow. It's all that's preventing the next update - which is a small one. Mainly just compatibility stuff with a fix or two.

5 hours ago, kirijo said:

Does anyone know where I can download older versions of this mod? It says it requires CK2 3.3, but 3.3 just plain doesn't work for me, so I'm stuck with 3.2.1 until I find a fix, and I'd still like to use this mod in the meantime.

I had the same problem with 3.3, try rolling back manually every update till 3.0 and then update back to 3.3, that fixed it for me. 

7 hours ago, kirijo said:

Does anyone know where I can download older versions of this mod? It says it requires CK2 3.3, but 3.3 just plain doesn't work for me, so I'm stuck with 3.2.1 until I find a fix, and I'd still like to use this mod in the meantime.

The line that says " Requires Crusader Kings 2 - version 3.3.x " is misleading.

It'd be more accurate to say that it requires Crusader Kings 2, and that the last version I tested it on is 3.3.x. So it might be compatible on older versions. However, I don't specifically support older versions.

So if you're having an issue, and I'm not - and you're using an older version of the game, then I couldn't do much more to assist as I'm not rolling back my version.

sorry for bad english

I got a question for the vampire attack and the monster hunter girl attack event.When i got attacked by them,the result always make both of them(me and the

attacker)died,but i am a 300+ personal combat skill with good trait(strong,genis,etc....)how do i fucking kill this attacker without dying with them?

Hello. I notice now in Darkworld the traits experienced_whore/cheap_whore/exclusive_whore  are hashed out in the dw.traits.txt file.

Are they now included in another mod? My mod IST used to reference these is all. I know that Christianity mod also had them but wondered how Dark World was handling them. Maybe a sub mod or something?

Thanks for any answers, cheers.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:34 AM, ccmedavid said:

sorry for bad english

I got a question for the vampire attack and the monster hunter girl attack event.When i got attacked by them,the result always make both of them(me and the

attacker)died,but i am a 300+ personal combat skill with good trait(strong,genis,etc....)how do i fucking kill this attacker without dying with them?

I want to know this too. I came here to ask this and it's pretty irritating to get that event when you're in the middle of a war. All of Norway was meant to be mine. :(

12 hours ago, Engelstein said:

I want to know this too. I came here to ask this and it's pretty irritating to get that event when you're in the middle of a war. All of Norway was meant to be mine. :(

i died with that fucking vampire again 5 mins ago,i start a new game with some cheat stat,personal combat and trait trying to get past this event.With all thing, 

i get a 800+ personal combat skill 200+martial and near 200 other stat character and I STILL KILLED BY THAT FUCKING VAMPIRE with 20 COMBAT SKILL if i pick

the running option or both died when picking fighting option. what can i do if i don't want my character died in this event? submission is the only option?

11 hours ago, ccmedavid said:

i died with that fucking vampire again 5 mins ago,i start a new game with some cheat stat,personal combat and trait trying to get past this event.With all thing, 

i get a 800+ personal combat skill 200+martial and near 200 other stat character and I STILL KILLED BY THAT FUCKING VAMPIRE with 20 COMBAT SKILL if i pick

the running option or both died when picking fighting option. what can i do if i don't want my character died in this event? submission is the only option?

I'm running some tests so I can include a correction in the update I've got ready.

26 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I'm running some tests so I can include a correction in the update I've got ready.

Well, I found the issue.

My apologies for all of the double-death events out there.

Changes in the next release will have the vampire ambush event properly use the combat_rating value. Also - a ruler shouldn't have to worry about such an ambush more than once in a lifetime, meaning I've set it to where your ruler won't be hounded by one every decade.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Well, I found the issue.

My apologies for all of the double-death events out there.

Changes in the next release will have the vampire ambush event properly use the combat_rating value. Also - a ruler shouldn't have to worry about such an ambush more than once in a lifetime, meaning I've set it to where your ruler won't be hounded by one every decade.

Appreciate that, was really irritating to be on a good roll and then run into that Nosferatu reject.

Another thing I've ran into is an issue with the Cult of Lilith, does it not sync with Catholicism? I tried it as a Transylvanian count and was getting progress but decided I wasn't caring for the populace so I restarted as a Duke in Sicily but never got anywhere. So I thought maybe it was because of Feudalism so I restarted once again and made a Scottish tribal one, still nothing.  

6 hours ago, Engelstein said:

Appreciate that, was really irritating to be on a good roll and then run into that Nosferatu reject.

Another thing I've ran into is an issue with the Cult of Lilith, does it not sync with Catholicism? I tried it as a Transylvanian count and was getting progress but decided I wasn't caring for the populace so I restarted as a Duke in Sicily but never got anywhere. So I thought maybe it was because of Feudalism so I restarted once again and made a Scottish tribal one, still nothing.  

Cult of Lilith - if you're talking religion, isn't part of Dark World Reborn, so I can't speak to it. I believe LF has variations, where the actual name varies on the locale if I recall reading that correctly.

4 hours ago, dwjlien said:

Replaced by the trait prostitute. The trait itself is in the file named dw_lifestyle_traits.txt in the traits folder.