[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

intrigue menu trigger for werewolf hunting or event chance - Vial of blood given from good stat physician, has at least +10 opinion of you. Something along the line 'before you proceed to look at the moon, physician knocked at your door' that can be used to settle for a peaceful blood feud encounter.

hunting wildlife possible to encounter and fight yeti “yeet!”

hunting human as werewolf if failed has a chance to click or auto trigger transforming into a raging cerebrus and proceed to duel everyone in court until player is dead or a chance to turn normal again but lose werewolf blood/ stat cooldown in process. If survived can get sad and exhausted trait. Other raging cerebrus trigger option is to wreck havoc and cause a high revolt risk province modifier. If werewolf has a rank, demote back to first rank or make the trait dormant for 1 year.

When going on a hunt (intrigue menu) chance to encounter high rank werewolf in their human form (maybe target someone from realm) and discuss about blood feud, gain an ally so if blood feud fight fail can escape without getting wounded or ally werewolf dies (alternative -target a random character with wolf trait to die)

if failed to negotiate - become werewolf toy (didn't play this option yet) / rape trauma / must join their war (check join any war mod) / 30 days regency 'in hiding' (hunting as a pack)

I found the chance for random trigger event via intrigue menu in great trade league mod (going to market intrigue menu)

Bloody valentine via lover’s decision/during war/event) Requirement - month greater than january, lover is a vampire, lover is lustful

Target random/ selectable province get depopulation/ heavy long negative province modifier for 2 year (bloody valentine).

Deduct 100 prestige,  3-6 random realm characters die. Text suggestion – dating / romance / blood drinking / white rose dipped in blood gift

Vampire hunting may get bloodseeker/nightstalker/van helsing encounter if failed to negotiate -  fight or run (craven chance). Encounter wolverine after blood hunting

Unstable energy explosion event – requirement player age is 40, has a lunatic trait, high health point. Kills up to 5 characters nearby  so if in war it would trigger death for that province instead.

Arena – chance for wife / lover get mad and ask to go home. -5 furious, they may get envious, this could not be avoided if player is craven / related trait and option to dismiss her properly.

If you’re doing divine being – gain wings to fly anywhere within range  and arrive together with soldiers (any amount) combo for necromancy / explosion skill

Final explosion skill – Kill courtiers at player’s location randomly, get severely injured.

When shopping can buy simple things like eggs for scrambled eggs breakfast with spouse, can hold a feast if got enough amount, cooking recipes with a random chance to create ghost/ evil spirit if fail. Cooking contest. 

I like potion stuff there should be a set a trap for potion experiment, like glutton trait would likely take the bait or totally random character. Last but not least, player should be able to perform experiments on prisoners. This way herb garden or hermetic ingredients would have uses and it's reasonable to give fund for physician to upgrade their surgery kit. Best wishes for your mod!

Alright, I've got another small update just about ready. I'll be play testing it tomorrow before posting it.

Here is the change log for what will be coming.

v1.75 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Brothel/Bordello overhaul work continued
    - More events
    - Tweaked Belle slightly
    - Some image tweaks, such as a new background, slightly larger images, some image replacements. (great thanks to Drax70 for contributions)
    - Removed the annual health loss for vampires.
    - Fixed (maybe - untested) an issue where Belle was not joining as a lover when the lover option was chosen.
    - Fixed an issue where you would become a prostitute instead of your slave (thx Drax70)
    - Fixed an issue with properly recognizing some buildings that were built in a family palace (thx Aasimar)
    - Fixed an issue where you could target yourself with the Make a Prostitute targeted decision (players should use the normal intrigue decision to become one if they so desire). This would circumvent a flag that could leave you with no events when trying to work at the brothel.

Potential issue:  Luxuria Fantasia has lf_futa  while your mod has "futa" as traits.  In order to trigger futa events for BOTH mods,  futa NPC's would need to have both traits.  Luxuria Fantasia has lf_futa  while DewGuru's mod has "futa" as traits.  In order to trigger futa events for BOTH mods,  futa NPC's would need to have both traits.   

For instance LF's futa NPC's like Brielle won't trigger futa events in Dark World Reborn nor be part of the bordello futa events if she's designated as a prostitute for bordello events. 

I was able to test that out on a demoness NPC that was spawned in LF but didn't have the "futa" trait from DWR but had the "lf_futa" trait from LF...I fixed that by consoling "add_trait futa (NPC ID)" to the demoness. 

That triggered futa events in both LF and DWR.  (might be a little messy as I copy pasted from the LF thread)

3 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Potential issue:  Luxuria Fantasia has lf_futa  while your mod has "futa" as traits.  In order to trigger futa events for BOTH mods,  futa NPC's would need to have both traits. 

Both mods do have different trait names, and they do in a number of areas. Another example is mages.

However, both traits should not be required. Lockeslylcrit and I worked out something that should allow things to work across mods, with the only issue being we may need to update areas in our code. If you (or someone) can provide a specific example of content in DWR that isn't recognizing lf_futa, let me know and I'll take a look at it. It's very likely I've simply overlooked an area. Same thing if there is a spot in LF that isn't recognizing futa, then let Lockeslylcrit know.

10 hours ago, Doug-E-Fresh said:

I'm also only seeing the new body traits tits, dick, virgin.

If you can see Dark World Reborn related game rules before you begin a new game, then the mod is working.

Since you are also able to see the new body traits, (which are all there are in the mod) the mod is working. Check your game rules to see which DWR content you have actually enabled. Can you see "Spend Time With" option when you right click on your wife/husband's portrait? If you can, the mod is working properly. There really isn't anything that complicated in getting the mods working, just .mod file and the mod folder being put in my documents/paradox interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mods. You are already doing that part correctly.

Chances are you are just disabling some content using in game rules.

It appears that we're getting a vast new influx of CK2 players, judging by all of the 'how do I install' messages. I suppose it is to be expected since the game went free to play a few months back.

I've gone ahead and posted on the main page some mod installation instructions, with screen shots that can be viewed now.

New version posted, new work already under way.

I feel like it's been awhile since I've added a real sizable number of events, so that's going to be my main focus this time around (adding new events), with some of those including some new werewolf and vampire content, as well as a lot more.

2 hours ago, dewguru said:

New version posted, new work already under way.

I feel like it's been awhile since I've added a real sizable number of events, so that's going to be my main focus this time around (adding new events), with some of those including some new werewolf and vampire content, as well as a lot more.

The new update is great! Thanks for staying with this mod.

Will the new content possibly reintroduce the feral werewolf and masquerade ball vampire event chains?

3 hours ago, sochobbit said:

How do vampires have babies? They have massive negative fertility for me.

They typically don't, but a -100 to fertility can be overcome with other traits, the proper focus, and other events that give fertility modifiers.

3 hours ago, theliddtin said:

The new update is great! Thanks for staying with this mod.

Will the new content possibly reintroduce the feral werewolf and masquerade ball vampire event chains?

I'm hoping to get some form of it in the game. It was originally based on a werewolf council idea that never came to realization, so I'm going to have to update parts of it, but something akin to it is presently in the plans for the next update.

6 hours ago, sochobbit said:

They have -10000 fertility for me, not -100.

Hrm. Yeap, that'd be the case currently. I was off on my initial response as I didn't apply it as a percentage.

My intention wasn't for them to ever reproduce. I prefer them to make more vampires through the embrace. Others have clearly achieved it though based on posts they've made, so it's clearly being worked around somehow (although they may admittedly be modifying their game files, I get the impression from a couple that they worked around it without doing so).

Alright, a little information on what I'm looking to do regarding therianthrope's with this next update. So it's an update that will impact werewolves, neko's, kitsune, pretty much any were-beast/shapeshifter.

For those needing a quick clarification: Therianthropy is the mythological ability of human beings to metamorphose into other animals. Just about every culture around the world has some sort of example of tales regarding it, and it's generally seen as a mixture of humans and animal spirits.

Using that inspiration, I'm removing the present mechanism that werewolves have that drive them to hunt in order to stave off the beast within. The beast within will still exist, and its risk will span all therianthrope's, as cultures with even noble examples of these beings, also have examples where they've turned on humanity in dangerous fashion.

Instead, the annual check will instead look at a therianthrope's different traits to see if it's losing its way. Too many sins or other negative traits, and not enough virtues, will give a therianthrope a heavy negative opinion modifier to represent their lashing out at others and generally being seen as difficult and dangerous to be around, for both humans, and even their own kind.

The 'Go on a Hunt' decision will be tweaked, and expanded to more than just werewolves. I might rename it, but we'll see. It'll instead become something that is mainly flavor, unless you're beginning to slip. If you're beginning to slip, a chance to correct your path may be 'unlocked' during the hunt option.

If this works out how I hope, it shouldn't be a big issue for a player character, unless they're specifically playing someone that wants to deeply wallow in sin and dangerous traits. It may be a little more difficult for NPC's, since they're not allowed to hunt as frequently as the player (resource throttling reasons). So feedback will be key from those who go pretty heavy in the were-critter play sessions.

Edit: this update also means that werewolf players, like vampire players - will no longer have what amounts to mandatory actions to take regularly (feed for vampires, hunt for werewolves), that could get old over time and be more of an interruption than an extension of game play.

Perfect!

I think I have found another one...

I have got the Aladdin's Lamp and the event to rub it and ask the three wishes doesn't fire. 4 ingame years have passed and the event won't fire.

Is there something else I'm missing? The event has fired in my 1.72 version of the mod though but I don't remember if I did something or it fired after some time...

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Perfect!

I think I have found another one...

I have got the Aladdin's Lamp and the event to rub it and ask the three wishes doesn't fire. 4 ingame years have passed and the event won't fire.

Is there something else I'm missing? The event has fired in my 1.72 version of the mod though but I don't remember if I did something or it fired after some time...

Thanks!

I'll take a look. That's around the time I did the trait overhaul, so something could be borked from it.

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

...... Bite a kid, but do not kill it....!!! ? ?

Since I'm going to be adding some vampire stuff anyway, maybe I can add some kind of kidnap and mark a kid mechanism. The 'marked' kid then becomes part of your bloodline. To give it some semblance of balance and to force decision making, you can only 'mark' one living heir. So unless they die, your counting on that single point. Also, they wouldn't be a vampire unless you turn them. More like a special kind of thrall.

58 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Since I'm going to be adding some vampire stuff anyway, maybe I can add some kind of kidnap and mark a kid mechanism. The 'marked' kid then becomes part of your bloodline. To give it some semblance of balance and to force decision making, you can only 'mark' one living heir. So unless they die, your counting on that single point. Also, they wouldn't be a vampire unless you turn them. More like a special kind of thrall.

So this is my issue with the current setup. I love playing as a vampire, but without a way to expand your bloodline...how do you proceed if random event kill you? Ill play for 20 years and get a game over due to a random lethal dual, assassin, etc. 

I know the mythos 2 mod had the option to add any vampires you turn to your bloodline. This is admittedly OP, but some sort of system like that...even if its only for one person at a time (Insert emperor palpatine talking about the rule of two here) would at least get rid of that potential game over moment. 

in the past i avoided this by simply spawning in bloodline members through Sketchys cheat mod, and turning them, but i havent played a vamp in a while. But the current update is cool and will make me try another one.

One last thing, maybe you could add an event for vampires to find and turn an heir, similar to the assassins even to train an initiate?