[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

On 2/19/2020 at 10:18 PM, zufield said:

Probably a quick and dirty way to do it would be to let humans be able to pass laws about whether nonhumans are allowed in the realm, and if no, then you can execute them for being mutants/heretics/unclean. 

I've spent some time looking into the ability to make a law where non-humans and the like can be considered criminals, or to where they could be stripped of titles, etc. Nothing I found is as straight forward as I was hoping.

I looked at other vanilla events like the Status for Women, but those are executing actual commands instead of something like a configurable scripted_effect.

So, the best I can think of off-hand is something that pretty much sets a global flag that you can then use for targeted decisions on an individual. It also means, that to avoid unexpected consequences, I'd have to limit it to only the player using it, so the ai can't use it.

I'll likely go with 3 settings. Full Acceptance (all non-humans are allowed). Default (non-humans that live off of humans are viewed as criminals, such as tentacle-kin and vampires). Full Intolerance (all non-humans are viewed as criminals).

Then, if you notice one in your lands, you can right click on their portrait and attempt to imprison them.

I can then also use the law to help filter some events. For example, the update might have a werewolf in the brothel type event (as a worker or customer), and that would only make sense if they weren't viewed as a potential criminal.

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Hello @dewguru!

I still, when I ask Belle to come to my court as my lover, she doesn't come as my lover but as a normal courtier...

And.. are you going to make any events, for when I "visit" her?!! ?

By the way, nice touch in recognition of my bravery at the lodge after kill the Beast!!!

Thanks!

Hrm. I'll take another gander at it.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:52 AM, Drax70 said:

I have got the Aladdin's Lamp and the event to rub it and ask the three wishes doesn't fire. 4 ingame years have passed and the event won't fire.

Is there something else I'm missing? The event has fired in my 1.72 version of the mod though but I don't remember if I did something or it fired after some time...

Just got done testing this out. The event is firing fine for me. Was able to cycle through the various wishes as well.

Spoiler

20200305124236_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Hello @dewguru!

I still, when I ask Belle to come to my court as my lover, she doesn't come as my lover but as a normal courtier...

Edit: I found the problem...

You forgot to add add_lover = event_target:dw_belle_recruit.

And.. are you going to make any events, for when I "visit" her?!! ?

By the way, nice touch in recognition of my bravery at the lodge after kill the Beast!!!

Thanks!

There are two spots that I can see where you're supposed to add her as a lover, and that is in both of them.

Where are you not seeing that line, that you're expecting it? She's not supposed to be a lover in every option, and from the code side, I can't tell if the flavor text (localization) is stating that she'll be your lover or not. For example - one of them you pretty much tell her that you're taking her one way or another. That path should not add her as your lover, as it's against her will.

The werewolf's 'Go Hunting' decision is going to be replaced by 'Spirit Quest' in the next update.

Reason being, it'll end up handling any therianthrope race. When selected, the random event that takes place will be related (ideally - expect oddities early on) to the specific type of therianthrope.

These events can also increase or decrease corruption with in an individual.

Corruption is checked annually, and unless you're stacked with a bunch of negative traits, you're likely to get away without a corruption modifier. This should make the Spirit Quest decision one that the player can use on occasion (or potentially not at all) instead of having to lean on it regularly like they had to the hunt.

Plus, this gives me an easy mechanism to begin incorporating some more related content without needing to create a whole new game mechanic for other therianthropes like Neko's or Kitsune. So those who've been waiting for more content on some of the others, will hopefully see some coming out over the next several updates (not everyone will be covered in the next update).

How does the 'Rise of the Pack' DW campaign work? When I have it selected in the game rules, no matter what it seems like I dont get any events at the start that make me a werewolf, or give me the trait.

Am I missing something? Are there any other game rules I need enabled for it to work?

4 hours ago, derpyturtle01 said:

How does the 'Rise of the Pack' DW campaign work? When I have it selected in the game rules, no matter what it seems like I dont get any events at the start that make me a werewolf, or give me the trait.

Am I missing something? Are there any other game rules I need enabled for it to work?

Werewolves are part of the Classic Monster portion, so if you select that and have that game rule turned off, you're self conflicting.

Also, most campaigns are little more than a means of obtaining a starting trait, with some flavor setting. Only a couple include anything more.

Oh yeah, and you're wanting to look for an intrigue decision where you kick things off.

19 hours ago, dewguru said:

Just got done testing this out. The event is firing fine for me. Was able to cycle through the various wishes as well.

Reveal hidden contents

20200305124236_1.jpg

It's maybe because I had Fae content disabled...?

And this is in the decision.txt>> has_fae_content = yes

Sorry!

19 hours ago, dewguru said:

There are two spots that I can see where you're supposed to add her as a lover, and that is in both of them.

Where are you not seeing that line, that you're expecting it? She's not supposed to be a lover in every option, and from the code side, I can't tell if the flavor text (localization) is stating that she'll be your lover or not. For example - one of them you pretty much tell her that you're taking her one way or another. That path should not add her as your lover, as it's against her will.

It's the spot you say to her: "The time is right dearest Belle, join me in my court as my lover." ?

Thanks! ?

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

It's maybe because I had Fae content disabled...?

And this is in the decision.txt>> has_fae_content = yes

Sorry!

Yeah, the genie is under the fae category, since you've the ability to add him to your kingdom as part of that.

41 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

It's the spot you say to her: "The time is right dearest Belle, join me in my court as my lover." ?

Thanks! ?

Alright, so that's event 521. Ug. I really dislike the mess I made not putting my localization in order in the past.

I'll toss it in for the next update.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

Yeah, the genie is under the fae category, since you've the ability to add him to your kingdom as part of that.

Alright, so that's event 521. Ug. I really dislike the mess I made not putting my localization in order in the past.

I'll toss it in for the next update.

Thank you!

And will we have the possibility to fuck Jasmine in the future? ??

1 hour ago, Drax70 said:

Thank you!

And will we have the possibility to fuck Jasmine in the future? ??

Ideally. My plan is to work on this mod regularly until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. That's in September, so there is a fair chance. I've definitely got Jasmin, Belle, and others I'd like to fit in with special visit/spend time with events.

Whether I resume anything with the mod after I get my Cyberpunk 2077 fill will depend on where Crusader Kings 3 is at. But we're looking towards at least six more months of content coming to this.

Just a heads-up, this next update isn't likely save game compatible, unless you're playing with Classic Monsters turned off. If Classic Monsters is on, then the changes made will likely cause some issues with a saved game.

I'm in the process of wrapping things up and I expect to be able to play test it some tomorrow. Depending on how that goes, I should be releasing it late tomorrow, or potentially Monday.

Update has been posted.

Interestingly enough - I got side tracked and right now the law that was added doesn't do anything special, so don't waste your time on it. I'll have content that relies on it in the next update.

Change Log:
v1.76 (Dark World Reborn)
    - More events
    - New law (Non-human tolerance)
    - Werewolf Beast Within mechanic changed. Hunting no longer a required event, unless you have a trait mix that slides you into corruption.
    - Corruption mechanic checked annually for all therianthrope characters
    - Fixed an error where a female seeking male customers in a brothel was not getting a follow-up event (thx labuser123)
    - Fixed an option where Belle was supposed to be added to court as a lover, but was not (thx Drax70)
    - Tweak to the larger event window layout provided by Drax70 (thank you)

7 hours ago, dewguru said:

Update has been posted.

Interestingly enough - I got side tracked and right now the law that was added doesn't do anything special, so don't waste your time on it. I'll have content that relies on it in the next update.

Change Log:
v1.76 (Dark World Reborn)
    - More events
    - New law (Non-human tolerance)
    - Werewolf Beast Within mechanic changed. Hunting no longer a required event, unless you have a trait mix that slides you into corruption.
    - Corruption mechanic checked annually for all therianthrope characters
    - Fixed an error where a female seeking male customers in a brothel was not getting a follow-up event (thx labuser123)
    - Fixed an option where Belle was supposed to be added to court as a lover, but was not (thx Drax70)
    - Tweak to the larger event window layout provided by Drax70 (thank you)

Excellent! Can't wait...

Just a question:

Is there any chance to add some kind of a sexual education for men (from female Liege) and for women (from male Liege) when they reach adulthood?

You know, like "DWExtras"! ?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Excellent! Can't wait...

Just a question:

Is there any chance to add some kind of a sexual education for men (from female Liege) and for women (from male Liege) when they reach adulthood?

Thanks!

There's something like this in Christianity Mod, even if it's not really fleshed out, as far as I'm aware.

18 minutes ago, Drax70 said:

Excellent! Can't wait...

Just a question:

Thanks!

There was something like one or two events for a new adult woman and one for a new adult male if I recall right, which got cut in the evolution from DW to DWR as it was unfinished content and I didn't know when I'd get around to it again. Right now, if it slips in, it'd be because I'm ready to make it more than it was. And with the focus for the near future being more events, who knows.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

There was something like one or two events for a new adult woman and one for a new adult male if I recall right, which got cut in the evolution from DW to DWR as it was unfinished content and I didn't know when I'd get around to it again. Right now, if it slips in, it'd be because I'm ready to make it more than it was. And with the focus for the near future being more events, who knows.

Excellent!!! Hope for the best!

Keep it up and take care!!! ?

In order to see all the content, I'd have to enable everything...but if I were to tick off all races in random world customizer except for divines and demons would I still get the content as long as I ticked on all the content in the game rules it wouldn't add any non human realms except for Fenris and Vladimir, right?

42 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

In order to see all the content, I'd have to enable everything...but if I were to tick off all races in random world customizer except for divines and demons would I still get the content as long as I ticked on all the content in the game rules it wouldn't add any non human realms except for Fenris and Vladimir, right?

This mod doesn't seed races beyond Fenris or Vlad. There are a couple others that do that.

The reason being is this mod takes the view that the world is predominately human, and everything else has been pushed to near extinction.

So, you shouldn't be getting any non-human realms out of the gate from this mod, as even Vlad and Fenris take 1-5 years before they oust whoever is unlucky enough to have them in their realm.

2 hours ago, rea_jak said:

Does the event where a werewolf uses a werewolf bitch still fire? I made the decision at the start as a female ruler to become a werewolf bitch and have a werewolf join the court and yet that event never fired.

Dunno. I did update the initial 'Werewolf Toy' start, but I didn't get to updating the getting used part (or verifying it was there and not missing).

I'll take a look though later today.

EDIT: It is in there. I can see why it seems like it isn't though. Right now it's part of the Spirit Quest (the old 'Go Hunting'). The only issue is that taking a new bitch or using an existing one is only one of the potential outcomes, and with the last update, I actually added more events to that random potential, so it'd be happening even less. ? I'll take a look at addressing that in the next next update.

47 minutes ago, therealkarlsquell said:

Can you update midgame? Sorry i am One of these ckii newbs you talked off.

It depends on the kind of update. If a mod ever adds a new trait - it will require a new game as it'd alter the trait index built for your save session.

In this case - if you're already doing werewolf related stuff, the mechanism change would need a restart. If you're playing but not using the werewolf stuff, you can likely proceed. Anyone Fenris called to his court may have an issue, but it should be minor and likely something you'd never even see.