[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

19 minutes ago, sochobbit said:

On another note, does this fix, no longer losing health for vampires, effect thralls at all? Will you now just get little bits of health over time from thralls, growing stronger (heathier) as they burn out? 

I changed nothing else related to vampires in the recently released update. I just removed the annual health loss.

If things progress well with the update I'm now working on, I expect to revisit the thralls and potentially tweak things there, so the current health gain should still be in effect, which may be a little OP, but meh, since it's not a required action I'm leaving it to folks to self-regulate themselves.

(If my feedback is different from your experience then just disregard due to me using many mods) I got vampire trait at -500 fertility. Next, I have a female working as a prostitute then when I visit brothel it resulted as a rape (she got rape trauma). My sons, vassal and non-vassal weren't able to get a successful imperial marriage with elder forest empire as the wife would ended up in other court few days later (banished). 

horse stable - (high intrigue requirement) An option to disguise yourself as a horse that would be in the show wearing a horse head that people wear for a wild party? If this is from your mod.

Illusion from the past - You remembered your previous wife, how things would be different with her being around. Choice 1 - She is in better place now (Colorful memories) 5% chance to lose lunatic / negative trait Choice 2 - What in tarnation (Grumpy) 10% Chance for wroth

In naruto mod if you have two blood trait then you can die, so you might want to make a werewolf x vampire trait transform into something. Chance to turn into an abomination (freaky monster) effect - stat changes, negative opinion modifier and remove werewolf & vampire trait. Chance to turn into a normal wolf (no longer lusting for kills) Chance to turn into a bat person (gain annual health lost) Chance to turn into a human (-5 martial) This should be optional at intrigue menu or just a console command event like NIE mod. Like the event to lose lunatic it's super low it's not worth for me spamming to lose it. It's the flavor that counts.

Therianthropy Pedagogy - should be an artifact with that definition. 

(intrigue menu once a year) If charitable, can pay 200 gold, (maybe regency) go on a travel to perform 3 choice (sing / fencing / stand up comedy) random success & court. If success - get advise trait (they praise and maybe criticize where lacking) / opinion bonus for whole courtiers / get marriage / alliance offer / fortune builder trait (low chance) / gets a pet butterfly (+10 females opinion) for one month. A chance to meet someone from that realm/court for romance / sparring / discuss rulership stuff. If fail get vicious rumor, exhausted trait / someone wants to drink from your skull (duel).  

Prostitute interaction - Give intensive training course option when they come to wanting to quit (chance to get exhausted) 

(intrigue menu) Don't Starve - refuse to give prisoners food & water. Can be manually turn off before event pop up / Finally, pop an event around span of 7 days giving all of them malnourished trait. Underage gets a higher chance to drop dead. 

Thanks for clarifying the save game compatibility, I will try the new update then. Thank you for update! 

2 hours ago, hazecloud said:

(If my feedback is different from your experience then just disregard due to me using many mods) I got vampire trait at -500 fertility. Next, I have a female working as a prostitute then when I visit brothel it resulted as a rape (she got rape trauma). My sons, vassal and non-vassal weren't able to get a successful imperial marriage with elder forest empire as the wife would ended up in other court few days later (banished). 

Spoiler

horse stable - (high intrigue requirement) An option to disguise yourself as a horse that would be in the show wearing a horse head that people wear for a wild party? If this is from your mod.

Illusion from the past - You remembered your previous wife, how things would be different with her being around. Choice 1 - She is in better place now (Colorful memories) 5% chance to lose lunatic / negative trait Choice 2 - What in tarnation (Grumpy) 10% Chance for wroth

In naruto mod if you have two blood trait then you can die, so you might want to make a werewolf x vampire trait transform into something. Chance to turn into an abomination (freaky monster) effect - stat changes, negative opinion modifier and remove werewolf & vampire trait. Chance to turn into a normal wolf (no longer lusting for kills) Chance to turn into a bat person (gain annual health lost) Chance to turn into a human (-5 martial) This should be optional at intrigue menu or just a console command event like NIE mod. Like the event to lose lunatic it's super low it's not worth for me spamming to lose it. It's the flavor that counts.

Therianthropy Pedagogy - should be an artifact with that definition. 

(intrigue menu once a year) If charitable, can pay 200 gold, (maybe regency) go on a travel to perform 3 choice (sing / fencing / stand up comedy) random success & court. If success - get advise trait (they praise and maybe criticize where lacking) / opinion bonus for whole courtiers / get marriage / alliance offer / fortune builder trait (low chance) / gets a pet butterfly (+10 females opinion) for one month. A chance to meet someone from that realm/court for romance / sparring / discuss rulership stuff. If fail get vicious rumor, exhausted trait / someone wants to drink from your skull (duel).  

Prostitute interaction - Give intensive training course option when they come to wanting to quit (chance to get exhausted) 

(intrigue menu) Don't Starve - refuse to give prisoners food & water. Can be manually turn off before event pop up / Finally, pop an event around span of 7 days giving all of them malnourished trait. Underage gets a higher chance to drop dead. 

Thanks for clarifying the save game compatibility, I will try the new update then. Thank you for update! 

The brothel portion of my mod doesn't have anything that should trigger as rape. And while I used to have a rape trauma modifier I used, I've moved on from it to different modifiers instead. In fact, I just commented the event modifier out of my code, and ran Validator. If I was still using it anywhere in my code, Validator should have generated an error as I'd then have a missing modifier. I received zero errors related to it, so you're likely talking about something related to another mod. The Elder Forest Empire is also not related to my mod.

Horse stable - it'll likely get some new content soon, but I can't say I see this one being added to it, but who knows.

Illusion from the past - interesting concept. Could be worth exploring in the future.

I used to have it where if a werewolf and vampire mixed, that the result was death. It was trimmed largely for performance tuning and I don't see it coming back. You're also referencing two items that have been discussed as disappearing (and one actually did with this most recent update - annual health loss).

Artifact - unlikely

Ruler as a traveling entertainer - extremely unlikely.

Intensive training course? Based on what you asked, doesn't make sense to me.

Starvation - unlikely, but who knows.

14 minutes ago, sochobbit said:

Got another playthrough just now that ended in 20 minutes due to death as a vampire due to events and with no bloodline...is this meant to be a one life rogue-like or am I doing this wrong?

You could be a human with poor luck in fertility and still have the game over in 20 minutes. It's happened to me a number of times, especially when playing un-modded CK2.

So I'm not really seeing an issue, other than it's presently clear that Dark World Reborn isn't friendly to vampires being able to expand their bloodline. So if you're starting the game with a ruler, that has no children at start, and you're a vampire right out of the gate, then you're clearly playing at a higher than normal difficulty curve. Your starting selection definitely influences the difficulty level you'll face.

I kinda feel like the major organized religions (Christians, Orthodox, and Muslims) should get decisions/mechanics to hunt down and slay nonhumans. It could be fun to play a full human, and try your best to keep the forces of darkness (or forces of lewd, as the case may be) from getting a grip in your realm. 

Probably a quick and dirty way to do it would be to let humans be able to pass laws about whether nonhumans are allowed in the realm, and if no, then you can execute them for being mutants/heretics/unclean. 

10 hours ago, zufield said:

I kinda feel like the major organized religions (Christians, Orthodox, and Muslims) should get decisions/mechanics to hunt down and slay nonhumans. It could be fun to play a full human, and try your best to keep the forces of darkness (or forces of lewd, as the case may be) from getting a grip in your realm. 

Probably a quick and dirty way to do it would be to let humans be able to pass laws about whether nonhumans are allowed in the realm, and if no, then you can execute them for being mutants/heretics/unclean. 

I don't think that'd work so well, especially since folks have shared how different religions have ended up with other racial characters at their head (my favorite was Pope Fenris). It'd be more work than I'd be interested in to first keep them out of positions of power in a religion, and then to have special religion based hunting events.

That aside, I often play 'purist' type games where my human ruler tries to purge the non-humans from the realm. There's enough already in play that allows things like that without needing special religion based events.

That said, it is an interesting idea to have a law that would make being a non-human a criminal type offense. I'll add that idea to my ponderings.

is it possible for is mod to add a sort of bodyguard (or a sort of order of bodyguard) that defend a noble (ruler) from attacks from other character (successive defense depends on skills and traits(both of the attacker and defending bodyguard) and in a way opinion of the bodyguard ) so like as a example;

a christian human ruler is attacked by a demon or other "bad" beings and the human ruler has a angel bodyguard (can be other race or even just human it depends on who the player choose as bodyguard) and the bodyguard try to defend they liege and it can go 3 way (feel free to add to it if you like the idea)  in one way the bodyguard dies and the ruler needs to defend them self (like it happens at the moment) or  as a 2 way the bodyguard successive* but gets wounded and in is one the attacker flee or the attacker dies it depends again on skill and traits and in 3 way the bodyguard wins and has successive defended they liege 

and opinion is simple as a way to sort of count loyalty (can get less weight by traits) because a person who hates they liege wont defend them against attackers

other then that i real likes the mod and look forward to new updates even if it breaks my saves/campaigns (i always start a new one if a new patch has arrive to ensure that i don't get any bugs due to traits and other stuff has change )

58 minutes ago, sserobinsse said:

is it possible for is mod to add a sort of bodyguard (or a sort of order of bodyguard) that defend a noble (ruler) from attacks from other character (successive defense depends on skills and traits(both of the attacker and defending bodyguard) and in a way opinion of the bodyguard ) so like as a example;

a christian human ruler is attacked by a demon or other "bad" beings and the human ruler has a angel bodyguard (can be other race or even just human it depends on who the player choose as bodyguard) and the bodyguard try to defend they liege and it can go 3 way (feel free to add to it if you like the idea)  in one way the bodyguard dies and the ruler needs to defend them self (like it happens at the moment) or  as a 2 way the bodyguard successive* but gets wounded and in is one the attacker flee or the attacker dies it depends again on skill and traits and in 3 way the bodyguard wins and has successive defended they liege 

and opinion is simple as a way to sort of count loyalty (can get less weight by traits) because a person who hates they liege wont defend them against attackers

other then that i real likes the mod and look forward to new updates even if it breaks my saves/campaigns (i always start a new one if a new patch has arrive to ensure that i don't get any bugs due to traits and other stuff has change )

I plan on revisiting/improving upon the slave bodyguard option, to where having one would lessen plot chances against you.

Less likely to happen at some point is where a bodyguard would be able to take actions in certain events - simply because of the sheer amount of updates that would need to be done. So if it does make it in, it'd be in a few specific events, and not wide spread.

51 minutes ago, ImNotOneToJudge said:

In the current bordello overhaul  when its finished will we be able to chose what to do in the bordello instead of having one option only? 

I do think it would be fun depending on your characters traits and what not but it's just a simple question.

Without going through the Bordello Overhaul quest line (only available if a bordello is built in a castle), it will likely remain without additional choices. However, that one choice pulls from a random list. Right now, most of the lists just have one valid option. The number of potential events to be selected from that random list is expected to increase.

So for example, in the future, if you choose to spend time with a woman, instead of one event constantly appearing, the visit could pull from one of five possible outcomes for that visit. Once upon a time I wanted something more detailed, but to be honest, to do it properly with various options and kinks available as options could almost be an entire mod unto itself.

2 minutes ago, What's the point of life said:

Some events doesn't load the entire image. How do i fix it?

Screenshot (16).png

You don't fix it. It isn't an image load issue. It's an issue where some narrative windows simply don't have a larger image for the event. The smaller image is the native CK2 image size for events.

When this mod was first done, the larger narrative window wasn't a thing, so even some images related to this mod have the smaller images (although they've been getting updated here and there the past few releases).

Since I know this can be visually jarring, I'm planning on making a change at some point in the future, where I'll have narrative_events not use the larger window by default, and they'll instead only use it if a larger image is present. To do this though, I'll need to go through every single narrative_event in the mod, so I'm putting it off for now (although the time is getting closer).

Hey @dewguru!

I would like to suggest something for DWR and the Heroes and Villains!

Would you consider random encounters, as a trip to the countryside, occasionaly, on peace and on war like a beautiful woman bathing or prostitutes looking for some company!

Or even, maybe, if you have your Heroes and Villains as companions, ( if they ask to join you... ? ) or commanders during wars, for some "personal" company??!!!

Thanks!!!

Vampires and immortality.

Folks have often asked why vampires in Dark World weren't immortal, while Vlad is, and I've often talked about the intention to include the means to ascend. The only method that exists to my recollection within the mod, is a 'cheat' potion of Vampire Elder's Blood that you could consume to potentially become immortal.

I'm finally toying around with some ideas on how to achieve it without the potion.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a vampire having to completely feed upon (drain dry), certain beings. Specifically those that have a strong arcane connection (such as mages or certain races), or those of a certain spirit/fantastical bloodline (like a therianthrope such a werewolf).

Drain 10 such beings and you achieve immortality, or perhaps the chance then qualify for some dark ritual to cement your immortality.

Not certain the above idea will be fully fleshed out in the next update that comes out, but a change is close to coming out.

In regards to the next update, I had forgotten how large and multi-staged the feral werewolf chain was, which is clearly one the reasons why I held off on doing it. I've just been dabbling a little bit on it every day, and right now it's probably about a third of the way done. So we're probably looking at the next update coming out in March instead of February.

Love the mod so far :) few questions, if all of the fantasy stuff is turned off, how many “events” are available to the player? Are there extra buildings or traits I can attain to get access to more events? I’ve only seen the “spend time with” button, which seems to be pulling the same image set most of the time. There’s also been some non-mod sexual events that do not trigger scenes; does that mean I misconfigured something? No worries if either is intentional, but I figure they’re worth mentioning. 

Edit: I’ve built the slavers dungeon; do events for that building come up automatically or does the player have to activate them?

5 hours ago, anthraxbandit said:

Love the mod so far :) few questions, if all of the fantasy stuff is turned off, how many “events” are available to the player? Are there extra buildings or traits I can attain to get access to more events? I’ve only seen the “spend time with” button, which seems to be pulling the same image set most of the time. There’s also been some non-mod sexual events that do not trigger scenes; does that mean I misconfigured something? No worries if either is intentional, but I figure they’re worth mentioning. 

Edit: I’ve built the slavers dungeon; do events for that building come up automatically or does the player have to activate them?

Not certain what you mean by non-mod sexual events. If it's non-mod, it's got nothing to do with the mod. This mod doesn't insert or replace any CK2 content (from what I can recall), as doing so is the kind of thing that increases mod incompatibility.

If you've turned off Heroes and Villains, as well as Heaven and Hell and Classical Monsters, then you've probably turned off about 2/3rds of the mod, as that's where the bulk of the content is.

With it turned off, you're largely looking at buildings needing to be built, which then opens various game play. For example, with a slavery building, you'll then want to capture someone and get them in your dungeon. Then you can right click on them and choose to enslave them for example. Or build a wizards tower and visit it.

Now, the last few months of updates have largely been code realignment, compatibility and stuff like that. This update will be primarily new events and game mechanics (although most, if not all of them will be for content you're presently blocking). That aside - I'm going event focused overall, so check back in a couple updates and you'll see more events worked in that'd you'd see as well.

Is the Jus Primae Noctis event intended to trigger on any marriage in our realm or just our court? I'm currently not seeing it trigger when my vassals get married. Nor from anyone below them getting married. But I don't know if that is expected or if I should try and figure out which of my other mods is causing the problem.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:57 PM, sarcasm2k1 said:

Is the Jus Primae Noctis event intended to trigger on any marriage in our realm or just our court? I'm currently not seeing it trigger when my vassals get married. Nor from anyone below them getting married. But I don't know if that is expected or if I should try and figure out which of my other mods is causing the problem.

I do not believe it should trigger for you if any of your vassal's courtiers get married. As it'd view the liege of those individuals being the vassals themselves. Likely the same for the vassal's spouse, as they'd be a member of their court technically.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, Isrexxian said:

Any recommended mods i should download with this?

This mod is meant to be pretty mod friendly, so my recommendation would be to try mixing it with others that look interesting and see how it goes.

Just wanted to poke my head in and say progress is still coming along and we're still looking good for a release later this coming weekend.

While there is technically a lot being added (in raw terms of text and images), it's basically the following at present:

• Tweaks to the background layout (right now the mod uses two different large layout methods for narrative_events, and one differs from the other - this update will bring them more in align with each other)
  • More random events

I've not worked in the updates to the mechanics regarding werewolf beast within stuff or vampire immortality mechanism. On a solid event role, but there is still a chance those will work their way in.

Edit: right now - everything (outside of the background layout tweak) is related to the Classic Monsters portion of the mod, so if you don't use that part, this next update will be very minimal.

On 12/27/2019 at 8:19 PM, labuser123 said:

I saw on the 1.73 changelog that the brothel is being overhauled, but is it normal that no event pops up when I (a female ruler) click the decision to work in the brothel? I don't seem to gain any gold either.

Following up on this, I'm currently on the 1.75 patch, if I (still a female ruler) select to only take male customers, no event pops up when I work in the brothel. If I select to only take male and traps, event does pop up when I work in the brothel, but only traps customer show up. Event shows up for female and futa customers as well. Only male customers are absent. @dewguru

5 hours ago, labuser123 said:

Following up on this, I'm currently on the 1.75 patch, if I (still a female ruler) select to only take male customers, no event pops up when I work in the brothel. If I select to only take male and traps, event does pop up when I work in the brothel, but only traps customer show up. Event shows up for female and futa customers as well. Only male customers are absent. @dewguru

Bah, I see the issue. I appreciate the extra detail.

Drop the attached file into the mod events folder if you want it corrected prior to the next update (it'll be in the next update for those who can wait).

dw_bordello.txt

Hello @dewguru!

I still, when I ask Belle to come to my court as my lover, she doesn't come as my lover but as a normal courtier...

Edit: I found the problem...

You forgot to add add_lover = event_target:dw_belle_recruit.

And.. are you going to make any events, for when I "visit" her?!! ?

By the way, nice touch in recognition of my bravery at the lodge after kill the Beast!!!

Thanks!