[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Interesting interaction with Tentacle Dreams...had player option to opt out game rule turned on then set a tentacle monster as my character's nemesis. Got stalked, kidnapped and mind broken turning her into a tentacle slut and titled Tentacle Demon Whore. ?prolly due to the -500 opinion malus.

I found a couple errors. Both bad naming entries. One prevents an image from appearing for two different events, the other prevents the proper character modifier from being applied.

I'm looking at posting an update tomorrow night that will fix both of those, plus add a decision that will allow you to arrest non-humans in your kingdom (you must know they're one, and you have to have the appropriate non-human tolerance law set), plus a little more.

I'll also update the main mod page with some additional mod information, as I've had some folks ask for more details a couple times.

7 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I found a couple errors. Both bad naming entries. One prevents an image from appearing for two different events, the other prevents the proper character modifier from being applied.

I'm looking at posting an update tomorrow night that will fix both of those, plus add a decision that will allow you to arrest non-humans in your kingdom (you must know they're one, and you have to have the appropriate non-human tolerance law set), plus a little more.

I'll also update the main mod page with some additional mod information, as I've had some folks ask for more details a couple times.

Yay.  I'm gonna make a character named Radovid and summarily arrest and execute all non-humans in my realm.  Those who've played The Witcher: The Wild Hunt will get the joke and maybe make a suggestion to add a game rule to arrest mages in honor of Radovid. ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

8 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Yay.  I'm gonna make a character named Radovid and summarily arrest and execute all non-humans in my realm.  Those who've played The Witcher: The Wild Hunt will get the joke and maybe make a suggestion to add a game rule to arrest mages in honor of Radovid. ?

Reveal hidden contents

I have considered that a true puritan, xenophobia type response should include mages as being criminals. It wouldn't be a far cry to label them as non-humans, but I might make that into a separate law.

Thoughts on if it should be captured under the extreme no non-humans side, or it's own allowed, not allowed type option?

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

I have considered that a true puritan, xenophobia type response should include mages as being criminals. It wouldn't be a far cry to label them as non-humans, but I might make that into a separate law.

Thoughts on if it should be captured under the extreme no non-humans side, or it's own allowed, not allowed type option?

Well, practicing or being suspected of magic, sorcery or witchcraft has always been viewed in a dim light by religious authorities throughout history..so it's not really much of a stretch.   Witch burnings in medieval Europe for instance...

3 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Well, practicing or being suspected of magic, sorcery or witchcraft has always been viewed in a dim light by religious authorities throughout history..so it's not really much of a stretch.   Witch burnings in medieval Europe for instance...

Isn't that mainly the Abrahamic religions?

I think most so-called Pagan religions were more hip with the sorcery and witchcraft.

5 hours ago, Pantheress said:

I think most so-called Pagan religions were more hip with the sorcery and witchcraft.

Yes and no. Have a hunchback and club foot - oh, must be someone who's a magic user. Tell me who's going to win this battle. We lost when you said we'd win, kill them! In many cultures that tolerated them, that toleration lasted only so long as they showed to be useful. Sickness sweep through the village, and a witch could quickly go from being viewed as a protector to being viewed as the cause of the illness.

Plus, in fantasy worlds, you often have conflict between shaman types and mage types as well. What I'm looking at would be a law that would be applied to mages, not religious shamans.

My question though is whether to have mages included in the - No non-humans law, or should mages have a separate law where you can flag them as being allowed or not.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:22 AM, Pantheress said:

Sorcery/witchcraft was viewed as being a "womanish"/unmanly thing by the Norse. Accusing or implying that a man practiced sorcery usually got you challenged to a holmgang...it was considered a major insult. Keep in mind that of the male Aesir/Vanir, Loki was the only one to openly practice magic and was capable of shape changing into a woman.

Alright, I was planning on having an update out last night, but I got side tracked and didn't wrap up an event chain. Small chance it'll get done tonight. If not tonight, very good chance for tomorrow as I'm off work. So, and update will be out at some point in the next day or two.

1 hour ago, FuckThis2332 said:

And what about compatibility with current build?

It should be compatible. It's fixing a couple minor errors, and adding some decisions and events. None that are changing existing mechanics.

So it should be fully compatible with save games based on the most recent build.

Update to be posted soon. Here's the change log.

v1.77 (Dark World Reborn)
    - More events
    - New decisions related to the non-human tolerance law (attempt to arrest known non-humans via targeted decision)
    - New decision for werewolves (other therianthropes will be included in time) to use bitches (or omega males) via targeted decision. If an ai uses the decision against a player that is a bitch or omega male, the player will get an event regarding it. So hopefully folks choosing the Werewolf Toy start will begin seeing some more action.
    - Fixed a missing image for a pair of events, and a bad modifier name.

6 hours ago, vladdigor said:

Don't know if anyone else has found this but I am finding that Vampire's can still drain my character when imprisoned

An imprisoned Vampire can drain you, or you're imprisoned and being drained? First one shouldn't be possible, second one should. I'll take a look and see what's up if it's the first one.

Edit: I need to tweak things anyway, as I don't think Vampirella should be using the ruler as a juice box all the time either.

It would be nice if we have the 4 specialization in magic we can unlock either a last specialization that of archmage (with an extended lifespan because most mages of legends are known to live longer than normal (or just a health bonus ) or then triggered a chain of event leading to becoming one.

On the other hand, having archmage makes disappear the 4 other specializations in the screen (1 takes up less space than 5).
of course archmage would have all the bonuses of the 4 others plus a new one even if for this one I have no ideas yet.

And will the dhampirs reappear one day ?

3 hours ago, helixyos said:

It would be nice if we have the 4 specialization in magic we can unlock either a last specialization that of archmage (with an extended lifespan because most mages of legends are known to live longer than normal (or just a health bonus ) or then triggered a chain of event leading to becoming one.

On the other hand, having archmage makes disappear the 4 other specializations in the screen (1 takes up less space than 5).
of course archmage would have all the bonuses of the 4 others plus a new one even if for this one I have no ideas yet.

And will the dhampirs reappear one day ?

Dhampirs are unlikely to return.

I've juggled some thoughts about an archmage, but I like the idea how becoming one would clear-up the others, as it'd be sort of an all in one. Fair idea on the extended living too. Let me mull that some.

Edit: reason for dhampirs not likely returning is I've tried to simplify things, and as such, no longer use special birth logic that tries to track things. Now I just use the traits and flag what inheritance values are. CK2 can be bogged down via processing. Even the default vanilla game has severe load and lag issues when you hit things like large troop numbers or massive court sizes after a couple centuries on lower/middle pc's. Things like the extra birth logic, simply contributed to that happening sooner, so I made some decisions on things to eliminate while keeping others. Now, if a vampire somehow gets someone pregnant, the child will be born a vampire as well. It's just difficult to get your vampire to procreate naturally.

Is it possible to play this mod together with Luxuria Fantasia? 
Also I found a bug: when playing as a vampire, I bought the Diablerie book in order to become an Ancient Vampire. When going through the decisions, the second to last one is regarding fasting, after which the next decision becomes bugged. My character is permanently fasting (can't feed or turn anyone) and the event chain to become immortal  is blocked. Tried it on 2 characters, same outcome. 

In the event window it does say something along the lines of you still needing to fix it, but I didn't realize the bug would persist forever in my save file. 

12 minutes ago, lolpker said:

Is it possible to play this mod together with Luxuria Fantasia? 
Also I found a bug: when playing as a vampire, I bought the Diablerie book in order to become an Ancient Vampire. When going through the decisions, the second to last one is regarding fasting, after which the next decision becomes bugged. My character is permanently fasting (can't feed or turn anyone) and the event chain to become immortal  is blocked. Tried it on 2 characters, same outcome. 

In the event window it does say something along the lines of you still needing to fix it, but I didn't realize the bug would persist forever in my save file. 

This mod should work fine with Luxuria Fantasia.

I'll need to take a look at the event arc you're talking about. In the meantime, you should be able to fix it by opening the command console by pressing the tilde key (~), then typing in clr_char_flag dw_fasting_flag  and then pressing enter. Press the tilde key to exist the console command window.

4 hours ago, Mrbalth said:

Is there even a way to start as a therian that isnt werewolf?

To start as one? Unless I removed them, there used to be options for Cat (Neko) and Fox (Kitsune) as well, although their narratives clearly need to be updated. Outside of those, there aren't others and I've no plans to add others at this time.

However it is possible to become one of the others through the Heritage Awaken potion that gets sold in the Wizard's Tower, and other NPC's can be introduced via certain events, which would allow for reproduction opportunities to get a lineage going.