[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Heads-up. I lost a little work, but worse - a lot of prep on the final stages of what I was working on when my computer decided to lock up.

An update should still come out, but I'm not in the mood now to finish it tonight like my original plan was. Baring me rage punching my monitor, I'll look to resume wrapping things up tomorrow night.

Heads-up. I lost a little work, but worse - a lot of prep on the final stages of what I was working on when my computer decided to lock up.

An update should still come out, but I'm not in the mood now to finish it tonight like my original plan was. Baring me rage punching my monitor, I'll look to resume wrapping things up tomorrow night.

Easy...breath...breath...no need to go fanatic on the computer :angel: . Just hope its ready when its ready  :D

Hey guys, I just need some advice...Are there any good mods that can...reallocate courtiers? I really let the breeding get out of control and have a shit ton of people in my court. It doesn't help that one of my heirs converted to Islam at one point so everyone has like four wives.

Hey guys, I just need some advice...Are there any good mods that can...reallocate courtiers? I really let the breeding get out of control and have a shit ton of people in my court. It doesn't help that one of my heirs converted to Islam at one point so everyone has like four wives.

You don't need a mod for that. Right-click on the character and select "Ask to leave court" to get rid of them.

I've actually thrown a laptop after something similar happened. Felt great for about three seconds, then I had to salvage the data on the hard drive...

Oh my God. How did I miss that all this time?

Edit: Is there a way to do this for members of your own dynasty? A good percentage of the clutter includes them

No you can't just ask your own dynasty members to leave your court... you have to marry them off. In fact, you should be marrying them into positions of power in other realms so they don't all want to press claims in your lands. ^_^

I'm a bit confused as to what this mod adds, it appears extensive by going through the patch notes, but the only thing actually described on the main page are the three mythical races?

Think of it as a adult mod compendium, it adds fantasy elements along with adult-rated flavor such as events, buildings, decisions, and potentially races & related event chains if you enabled those in the game rules.

Hey folks, haven't played ck2 in years, but saw the mod and was looking forward to trying it out. However, any time I try to download either of the versions hosted here (153 and 154) i get a 

"Sorry, we couldn't find that!"

Is this a known problem, anyone have a solution? I tried searching the forum, but all I could find were recommendations to try different browsers, which I did to no avail. Thanks for any help, looking forward to trying it out

Good / very good? Yes.

Incredible? No.

The mods objectively closest to incredible are total conversions like CK2+, HIP, AGOT, Elder Kings or Wizarding World.

Dark World is the biggest and best mod of it's kind but can't compare to those mainstream mods in terms of scale and extent.

Ask that question in the support thread for noxbestias darkest perversions as that is where multiple pregnancies originate from NOT Dark World.

And by the way if you are referring to the whole "babies have babies" thing you know you have disabled the age check for sexual races and enabled this specific feature, right?

Ask that question in the support thread for noxbestias darkest perversions as that is where multiple pregnancies originate from NOT Dark World.

And by the way if you are referring to the whole "babies have babies" thing you know you have disabled the age check for sexual races and enabled this specific feature, right?

Nope not the Lilith/Incubi chain preggers, but thanks for that info! I didn't know, I've been playing with most of the modifications for it so it's hard for me to tell the difference.

But much thanks for leading me the right way!

Would it be possible to keep the version number in the OP updated (it still shows "Dark World Reborn v1.52")? This would avoid confusion, and also mean that we don't have to look at the changelog continuously to check for updates.

I guess you are talking about the small part of text where the version number of the mod is currently stated as 1.52.

Did you by chance stumble upon the title of the mod itself? The name is [CK2] Dark World: Reborn 1.54 i.e. the version number is correctly stated in the title while the small part in the OP has been forgotten.

It is an error but one that induces confusion in a rather limited number of people. Especially when the stated number in the thread is not available in the download section anymore but instead two versions with higher numbers which match the number in the mod title.

Oh and btw. dew has the habit of posting the changelog into the thread itself prior to the patch. Checking the changelog constantly to see updates is unnecessary.

Jus Primae Noctis isn't working for me. Can someone try to fix it? I can pop up the event by console but it doesn't trigger on marriages.

I am trying to fix this for 1 week, i tried many things but the problem here is i am not a good modder. I am trying to get better, could anyone help me to achieve this?

It worked when I tried it last. Just to be certain - you're not playing as a female ruler are you? It's a male only (although it might work for a futa if I recall properly) type event.

No I'm not playing as a female ruler, btw I'm using version 2.7.1. I can pop up the event by typing "event DWCourt.900" in console but it doesnt trigger naturally. I checked the law and it was set to 1, maybe i should reinstall the game and all mods. Thanks for all the efforts you are awesome! 

Is enslaving broken? I don't have targeted decision to enslave prisoners. 

Might be conflict with some other total conversion mod (or just any other mod in general). I've got the targeted decision to work when just running Dark World in vanilla CK2, but I can't get it to appear running Dark World alongside CK2+ or After the End.

Is enslaving broken? I don't have targeted decision to enslave prisoners. 

Might be conflict with some other total conversion mod (or just any other mod in general). I've got the targeted decision to work when just running Dark World in vanilla CK2, but I can't get it to appear running Dark World alongside CK2+ or After the End.

Most likely, I run it with my own personal mod. 

Would it be possible to keep the version number in the OP updated (it still shows "Dark World Reborn v1.52")? This would avoid confusion, and also mean that we don't have to look at the changelog continuously to check for updates.

It is possible, but I'm not going to do it. The reason why is I still then have people saying "how am I supposed to remember what version number it is, can't you use a date instead?"

So you can get both the version number and the date it was last updated just by viewing the front page. Of course I'll need to start ensuring I change the version number along with the date it was last uploaded. But the front page is where to go, and that's how it'll remain.

Quick update - I'm still alive. Since the crash that had me set aside things, I managed to crash once more, and then walked away to eat some chow, only to return and find Windows Update restarting my computer, both instances resulting in interrupting my work.

So, I made next extremely little progress since that first time, as I've immersed myself instead in enjoying myself away from anything modding related at all.

I'm cracking open some projects today, and we'll see how things go. No projected release at this time, but I'll share more as the week goes on.

Side note - I've a couple other projects I set aside as well, that I'll be splitting time on. FAPU (which is located elsewhere on this site), and a villain based game that's in its infancy.