Got married now wife wont talk to me

judgement16

I got married in skyrim now, same as I always do, left the church and went to where she was and tried to speak to her.

All she replies is "We're Married, I guess we are going to decide where to live etc etc." but after all that the dialogue ends and nothing comes up she just goes about here day.

Please if someone can help me that will be grand.

LOL ... maybe she realized she did mistake...  :D  :P   (Just joking. Sorry couldn't resist)

Well, try to exit Mara temple. She should also do it. Then start to talk to her again. If that doesn't help, opne console, click on her and type "disable" and right after "enable". Close the console. This should reset her.

There are two other options:

1. Wait 24 hours by pressing "Wait" key and set wait for 24 hours. That should also reset her

2. Load some earlier save and try again.

I have to say that when I read the subject and then the first few lines, I seriously thought this was a real domestic problem. Was like... "wtf?" I was expecting you to say "Got married in Skyrim now the wife (real wife) wn't speak to me", LOL!

I think you might need to provide some more inform ation, such as if you are using any mods or it's just a vanilla game (I assume you have mods). The information is a little bit vague. Try what @Elf Prince suggests but if that doesn't work we need some more detailed information about your game set up and mods and not your domestic in game. :P

The topic you mentioned is possible only when:

* You get married

* You did NOT defined a bed for your spouse

So probably you did not "own" a double bed somewhere.

The spouse should follow you at this point, just go to one of the houses, speak, and define it as the home for the spouse.

Sorry for late Reply, Real life stuff

Yeah I have several Houses (1 HF Hoouse, 3 in cities and 10 Castles), and I will try the wait again, I did 24 hours then nothing, but I did not wait another 24 right after.

Also loading a save does nothing still happens.

1. When I said "load some earlier save" I meant the save before you met her and you asked her to marry you. Try that.

btw - whom are you married to? If NPC is unique follower/NPC with own dialogue voice, you might have a problem

Just as rydin said: we need more specified information so that might provide better answer. :)

Sorry for late Reply, Real life stuff

Yeah I have several Houses (1 HF Hoouse, 3 in cities and 10 Castles), and I will try the wait again, I did 24 hours then nothing, but I did not wait another 24 right after.

Also loading a save does nothing still happens.

1. When I said "load some earlier save" I meant the save before you met her and you asked her to marry you. Try that.

btw - whom are you married to? If NPC is unique follower/NPC with own dialogue voice, you might have a problem

Just as rydin said: we need more specified information so that might provide better answer. :)

She is a custom NPC, but she uses default marraige system.

Also I was married before and I had no issues (Was married to Serena) but when I married this girl I had this issue, so I loaded and married another companion (I have 83 female companions total so many to pick from) but she seems to have the issue.

I used simple devorce to unmarry her.

Also I have children. I think 5

When I talk to my new wife Leena, she always says the first dialouge about where to live, and that I have children, then after she finished talking the dialouge just closes.

I have 3 houses that have double beds

Well, don't know what else to say... if you tried all (known) tricks and have all needed mods, I only can suggest one more thing... Take that girl (before marring her)on isolated place and kill her (because you don't want bounty on your head if being sen), then resurrect her using console command "resurrect 1". If she can't be the follower, use console command "player.placeatme <BaseID> <#>" ... If that doesn't help, then there is a bug in your game related to that NPC and you can't marry her. Must accept it. ;)

Archived