Just came across this tonight- I'm eager to see how this progresses. Brilliant ideas so far. EXACTLY what I've been wanting more of in the mods I play! I'm deeply into non-consent, and it's always frustrating when the only options I'm given are "play the happy slave" or quit the mod. Thanks so much, from a self-confessed victim-fetishist, for developing this!

Since the last post was asking if the author was still working on it or if it was abandoned I dont know if my suggestion will get noticed... but I saw there was implementation of realistic needs and diseases. I was wanting to suggest using a more current needs though, maybe like iNeed. Even RnD suggests using it on its page... though iNeed might not be supported anymore either so maybe theres an even more current one now. But I wanted to throw the suggestion out there, or maybe just being able to have the mod recognize when you eat or drink something every so often in game hours that could be configurable so it works with all the needs mods.

Hey guys,

Its been a while, but Devious Attributes is not dead :sleepy:  lately, my day job takes much more time than usual, so when I come home, I am most of the time in zombie mode; so updates are delayed, but I haven't forgotten about this very nice pet project :D

YAY! So glad to hear that! And with that in mind, and taking the mod for my first spin, I am wondering if the sliders for base stats could be set up as a -/0/+ system, where zero is the baseline, and players could decide for themselves what would constitute positive or negative change, based on their own roleplay, and character concept?  I ask because in my own play, I find my character in a situation where she wants to "consent" only because it is the lesser of several evils- she begs someone she (thinks) she can trust to claim her, hoping that this will protect her from a far worse fate, but she is not truly consensual. Likewise, a character might become an active thief, but still feel that what they are doing is morally wrong, and hate themselves for doing so. 

The specific point being, it would allow the player a greater freedom in creation and play of different character types. A villain with a soft spot, a prisoner with a twisted secret fetish, a victim of circumstance pushed to extreme measures...

I know very little about coding or mod creation, but would something like that be possible, and if so, worth considering as an option?

Since the last post was asking if the author was still working on it or if it was abandoned I dont know if my suggestion will get noticed... but I saw there was implementation of realistic needs and diseases. I was wanting to suggest using a more current needs though, maybe like iNeed. Even RnD suggests using it on its page... though iNeed might not be supported anymore either so maybe theres an even more current one now. But I wanted to throw the suggestion out there, or maybe just being able to have the mod recognize when you eat or drink something every so often in game hours that could be configurable so it works with all the needs mods.

Currently, there is no existing implementation for RnD, only plans for it so far. About iNeed, when I considered which mods I want to support in the future, I mentioned RnD as a mod to be integrated first simply because its my default mod for a playthrough, but iNeed support can be added without too much difficulty as a "plugin" additional esp. (not difficult, just requires time).

YAY! So glad to hear that! And with that in mind, and taking the mod for my first spin, I am wondering if the sliders for base stats could be set up as a -/0/+ system, where zero is the baseline, and players could decide for themselves what would constitute positive or negative change, based on their own roleplay, and character concept?  I ask because in my own play, I find my character in a situation where she wants to "consent" only because it is the lesser of several evils- she begs someone she (thinks) she can trust to claim her, hoping that this will protect her from a far worse fate, but she is not truly consensual. Likewise, a character might become an active thief, but still feel that what they are doing is morally wrong, and hate themselves for doing so. 

The specific point being, it would allow the player a greater freedom in creation and play of different character types. A villain with a soft spot, a prisoner with a twisted secret fetish, a victim of circumstance pushed to extreme measures...

I know very little about coding or mod creation, but would something like that be possible, and if so, worth considering as an option?

Customization is always worth to consider as an option - I am always for more customization :D

To be more specific, not sure how to apply your suggestion to general mechanic of the mod; what I mean - currently, configuration sliders control how much attribute value is increased/decreased during certain event - I am not sure how this can be unified, because different events might warrant different stat changes. Does this make sense?

Regardless, it is interesting thought to make some of slider bars to accept negative values. It could allow more freedom in affecting the change mechanics

Currently, there is no existing implementation for RnD, only plans for it so far. About iNeed, when I considered which mods I want to support in the future, I mentioned RnD as a mod to be integrated first simply because its my default mod for a playthrough, but iNeed support can be added without too much difficulty as a "plugin" additional esp. (not difficult, just requires time).

RnD is a lot more used I think, and I'm glad to see this hasn't been abandon. Take your time though, if you need "reality time" take it. Don't want to see you burning out. We the people of Skyrim will be here when there is an update.

Customization is always worth to consider as an option - I am always for more customization :D

To be more specific, not sure how to apply your suggestion to general mechanic of the mod; what I mean - currently, configuration sliders control how much attribute value is increased/decreased during certain event - I am not sure how this can be unified, because different events might warrant different stat changes. Does this make sense?

Regardless, it is interesting thought to make some of slider bars to accept negative values. It could allow more freedom in affecting the change mechanics

Thanks for taking it into consideration!  I'm still sort of working out how the current set-up works. No tooltips leaves me a bit baffled about some of the settings, but I'm totally with Wandering_mania- we'd rather wait longer than see you burn out and abandon the effort entirely.  Great work so far!

Thanks for taking it into consideration!  I'm still sort of working out how the current set-up works. No tooltips leaves me a bit baffled about some of the settings, but I'm totally with Wandering_mania- we'd rather wait longer than see you burn out and abandon the effort entirely.  Great work so far!

I am glad to inform you, that there is a high likelyhood that the next update will contain tooltips for the configuration menu.

I just finished rewriting the config script, in order to make it easier to maintain. While doing so I also added functions for tooltips, thought as of now, there are still no tooltips written.

Thought there is still work to be done on that config script...

I am glad to inform you, that there is a high likelyhood that the next update will contain tooltips for the configuration menu.

I just finished rewriting the config script, in order to make it easier to maintain. While doing so I also added functions for tooltips, thought as of now, there are still no tooltips written.

Do you have a github repo set up with your changed scripts? 

I have commited it to the main branch, but it needs to be approved by skynet since I am not a member of that project.

I could upload it somewhere else since it is only a single file, but I don't think that it would be of any help. Like I said before, I only rewrote the code, but didn't really add much to it yet. For the end-user there is no difference to the old code. There are no written tooltips as of yet, I only made it so that it is much easier to add tooltips.

I have commited it to the main branch, but it needs to be approved by skynet since I am not a member of that project.

I could upload it somewhere else since it is only a single file, but I don't think that it would be of any help. Like I said before, I only rewrote the code, but didn't really add much to it yet. For the end-user there is no difference to the old code. There are no written tooltips as of yet, I only made it so that it is much easier to add tooltips.

We can work in pull-request/approve mode (open source style) or if you prefer I can add you to contributors so you can commit directly to the main repo. I assume your commit is in local repo?

(hopefully I will be able to do some more work on Devious Attributes in a week or so, and I am very happy that there is some progress in the meantime :))

We can work in pull-request/approve mode (open source style) or if you prefer I can add you to contributors so you can commit directly to the main repo. I assume your commit is in local repo?

(hopefully I will be able to do some more work on Devious Attributes in a week or so, and I am very happy that there is some progress in the meantime :))

Maybe... Never worked with github desktop app thingy, so I am a bit confused on how this works. Tbh this thing ain't exactly what I wish would be (i.e. is there any way to move the folder path of a project? or do you have to create a new one?)

Maybe... Never worked with github desktop app thingy, so I am a bit confused on how this works. Tbh this thing ain't exactly what I wish would be (i.e. is there any way to move the folder path of a project? or do you have to create a new one?)

I usually work with git console commands - this way you can know exactly what is going on - their deskop app seems like too much magic to me

To be more exact, I use Posh-Git powershell extension (http://dahlbyk.github.io/posh-git/, https://github.com/dahlbyk/posh-git)

About the project itself - Git commits, branches etc are stored in hidden folder named ".git". So in order to move project folder you can simply copy/paste the code folder to new location (just make sure you copy .git folder with the code

I usually work with git console commands - this way you can know exactly what is going on - their deskop app seems like too much magic to me

To be more exact, I use Posh-Git powershell extension (http://dahlbyk.github.io/posh-git/, https://github.com/dahlbyk/posh-git)

About the project itself - Git commits, branches etc are stored in hidden folder named ".git". So in order to move project folder you can simply copy/paste the code folder to new location (just make sure you copy .git folder with the code

I tried to move the whole folder and using the "scan" feature in the options, thought it didn't seem to work for me. Anyway, I think I have mainly figured out how this thing works. Will have a look into Posh-Git someday thought.

So, after playing for a while running Devious Attributes, I'm loving it. It occurs to me that flavor text would add a lot to the rp effect. For instance,  messages like, "You feel your stomach knot with self-loathing," or "your shoulders straighten, your chest swelling with pride..."

So, after playing for a while running Devious Attributes, I'm loving it. It occurs to me that flavor text would add a lot to the rp effect. For instance,  messages like, "You feel your stomach knot with self-loathing," or "your shoulders straighten, your chest swelling with pride..."

^ That would be very apropos-like epic

If I remember correctly, skynet once mentioned somewhere that there might be an apropos compatibility or something like that. Thought that's certainly something that will be featured only on a much later date, as we need to make sure that the core stuff is fully developed first.

If I remember correctly, skynet once mentioned somewhere that there might be an apropos compatibility or something like that. Thought that's certainly something that will be featured only on a much later date, as we need to make sure that the core stuff is fully developed first.

I admit, I'm a huge fan of Apropos- though that triggers via animations, so there'd have to be some other trigger. And yep- it would be epic, both in the sense of "awesome", AND in the sense of... an epic undertaking. :D Still, had to throw the idea out there. If someone comes up with a way just to make it compatable, (ie; a feasable trigger mechanism,) then I'm sure folks in the Apropos community would enthusiastically chip in to compose text-sets. I know I would!

I admit, I'm a huge fan of Apropos- though that triggers via animations, so there'd have to be some other trigger. And yep- it would be epic, both in the sense of "awesome", AND in the sense of... an epic undertaking. :D Still, had to throw the idea out there. If someone comes up with a way just to make it compatable, (ie; a feasable trigger mechanism,) then I'm sure folks in the Apropos community would enthusiastically chip in to compose text-sets. I know I would!

Well, I think that using two methods would suffice:

One for being randomly fired (i.e. via apropos directly or by this mod). It's fairly easy to do.

A second one would be to fire events that apropos can listen to.

You can combine both, so apropos wouldn't have to have DAtt as hard depency.

DAtt already has events that are fired whenever stats are changed. So basicly, all we needed to do to make it work is for apropos to register for those and displays text accordingly.

But in it's current state DAtt still is in beta, so there might be some unexpected changes in the future. I.E. I pushed a new commint that includes support for negative fetish attributes (like mentioned in one of my previous posts) and I am currently collecting some ideas of how to overhaul the whole attribute system (what kind of attributes exist and how they work and relate to each other), and later present them to skynet.

Also, it's something the author of apropos or someone else has to work on, for aporpos is using some kind of semi-random-generation by using sippets of pre-defined strings - or so i heard. That would be too much of a hassle for me to get into...

I'm doing a PAHE run at the moment, and I'm finding my character's pride is tanking.

I'm guessing this is a on account of being involved in a lot of non-consensual sex acts. Only my character is strictly the aggressor in these cases. Might be worth checking so that only the victim gets their pride worn down.

Should we really be trying to overhaul the attribute system? The mod is working quite well with a few bugs. I think it's more important to fix the bugs and get a stable release so people can start using it with mods.

The NPC scanning either needs to be removed, or reworked.

As it exists, it causes a lot of heavy stress on script time when moving around large areas. NPCs that call into or out of the scan range can cause lag if too many npcs enter or leave the scan range. Is there any way to not use a cloak effect for npc scanning?

• 1 month later...

Are we dead yet? :(

Maybe if development is going to stop or slow, you can roll back to 0.6.3a since that is compatible with devious consequences. There are some bugs in that version but I'm sure patches can be provided by the community.

Right now it's too difficult to use the current version, since it doesn't work with consequences and NPC scanner is causing problems