Lewd mods and XCOM 2

Hello Wrex456

wow, just wow i am Excited to this. For Now I'm curious, why don't you Develope your Mods for Vanilla. Technical reasons, or is WOTC so different from Vanilla. Or is it a Time Problem?

When you won't Answer I Understand. I am enjoying your Mods so far, Thank you for that ?

8 hours ago, Wrex456 said:

Yes, both Clothing Pack and Lewd Pack will be compatible, you can mix n match both.

The reason I'm not doing mods for vanilla anymore, is because while WOTC is in fact an expansion of the game, in terms of what goes "under the hood", they could very well be two different games. They made substantial changes to how most of the coding works, and for cosmetics, they made some changes to shaders and materials. In addition, WOTC came with it's own version of the SDK.

What does this mean? This means that if I wanted to make a version for vanilla, I would need to have both SDK's (each is over 80GBs), and make different textures, different materials, and write different code to add them in. It's not just a copy-paste and compile thing. It's essentially making 2 different mods, or even worse, 2 different mods for 2 different games. I don't have the HDD space for both SDK's, and it's too time consuming to do.

Thank you very much for your Explantation. I'm always Interested to look behind the Scenes. It makes totally sense that the Code is different, when the Gameplay Mechanics are different too between both Games. And 80GBs is a lot of Space. I'm not Modding by myself, but as a compare (more or less) i Ripped some of my BluRays on my HDD, and yes

the Files are Huge ?

I still like playing both Versions, and I also made a Backup from the Specific Mods for Both Versions, so I have to Live with the Vanilla Modded Version, It is what it is.

So like I'm saying in the other Thread, Thanks again for your Work I know Development overall is not easy, so your Pictures made me very Hungry, and maybe we get your Update

before Christmas.

But don't get me wrong I will not Push you, I could wait over one Year for Alpha 17 of 7DTD, so I will be Patient for your Final Release too.

And I'm Happy that there are People like you, who are supporting the Linux Gamers ?

But on the other Side, Linux should never be a Gaming System, but this is an another Discussion. So do your Thing, take your Time and Finally Surprise us all.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:58 AM, Wrex456 said:

Hello all,

Little update. For the past months, I've been repurposing the 3 LL Lewd Packs so I can publish them in the Workshop as one big Clothing Pack. Obviously, this means I've removed ALL nude/underwear items from the packs.

What I've done with them instead, is I've created a new, separate Lewd Pack that contains all items of the 3 packs into one as well. So what this means is:

All Nude/Underwear items - in one mod, to be published here, in LL.
All Clothing items - in one mod, to be published on Steam Workshop.

Separating them is something I should've done from the very beginning, but alas, I've only now gotten to it.

Also, as I can't seem to stop myself, I've been adding and adding and adding more and more content to each. As an example, the Clothing Pack is already above 100 items.

In any case, please keep this in mind if you wish to continue using these mods. This will be the last time a restructuring of this nature happens. In the future, all that will happen is that both packs will simply grow with more pertinent content. Both will be WOTC only, so apologies to vanilla users. You might want to keep your older versions just in case.

What is the likely timeframe for this? I was rather thinking of giving XCOM2 another run in the next few weeks (finally getting around to reinstalling it on my new PC + new GPU will be arriving soon).

Also, is there any chance that the contents will be given less generic names? It gets rather confusing searching through dozens of 'Torso XX's to find the one you're after.

Thanks for all the hard work by the way. :)

On 11/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, Wrex456 said:

Yes, both Clothing Pack and Lewd Pack will be compatible, you can mix n match both.

The reason I'm not doing mods for vanilla anymore, is because while WOTC is in fact an expansion of the game, in terms of what goes "under the hood", they could very well be two different games. They made substantial changes to how most of the coding works, and for cosmetics, they made some changes to shaders and materials. In addition, WOTC came with it's own version of the SDK.

What does this mean? This means that if I wanted to make a version for vanilla, I would need to have both SDK's (each is over 80GBs), and make different textures, different materials, and write different code to add them in. It's not just a copy-paste and compile thing. It's essentially making 2 different mods, or even worse, 2 different mods for 2 different games. I don't have the HDD space for both SDK's, and it's too time consuming to do.

Thank you for answering. 

I'm aiming for release this weekend, though I can't promise it'll happen.

In case it will happen, or in the next Days/Weeks, I have an actual Campaign started before a couple of Days. Do I Need a restart with your New Version, or can I just replace it with your older Files from here?

On 11/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, vonkayas said:

if no ones done it already, a suggestion for a mod to aid in future lewd mods:
would it be possible to make it so soldiers have two outfits, like a civilian/offduty outfit for the terrarium veiw, and their combat/on duty armor for in the field. 

i recall this was a thing in xcom EW, for when you awarded them medals. adding in some of that functionality would help with setting the gals to wander the avenger naked, (or hopefully in the future, unwind with crewmates ? with out clothes) and still have their gear for actual missions if you dont want to send them of naked

That's literally how the game already works. You're looking for the bareclerks mod which replaces the base jumpsuits with nude bodies.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:34 PM, Kunoichi said:

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but can anybody help me install WOTC mods manually on linux? The tutorials are for windows, and vanilla Xcom2, and I'm either not following them right, or they are giving me outdated information, because I can't seem to get mods to show up in the manager.

I tried putting a 'Mods' and 'mods' folder in .../steamapps/common/XCOM 2/ and .../steamapps/common/XCOM 2/XCOM2WotC, but nothing seems to happen when I copy a mod into that folder. Am I in the right place?

The mods folder needs to be in XComGame, I'm pretty sure.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:38 PM, Idefix0 said:

I think you can try the "Add Part Names" mod to have the graphics names instead of 'Torso XX':

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878158600

Thanks Idefix0. I tried that mod. The problem appears to be that, because without this mod the part-names don't show up, most modders haven't bothered to name them (I can't say that I particularly blame them). I suspect that, until this is corrected in the base game, this is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Hey all, this is my first time posting here. I'm not a modder, but I just thought I'd leave some ideas and inspiration for those of you who are modders, in case any of these ideas sound appealing to you as well.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of photobooth but it is really restrictive and could be improved in several ways:

-More poses, specifically more lewd ones. The facial expressions are mainly what I'm looking for but I'm sure there are several of you who would be interested in some more poses for your soldiers in the photobooth (i.e. stripper pole dance, lap dance, grinding, etc.).

-Removing the models' anchors so that you can move them around instead of just rotating them (specifically so I can make them do the nasty ;).

-More filters and effects, ideally ones that would facilitate lewd shots.

-More fonts and layouts, mainly just for more options period since the ones they give are either sub-par in the case of most layouts or too few in the case of the amount of fonts available.

I also had a few ideas for body mods pop into my head when I was customizing some of my soldiers, such as:

-Cum as Tattoos. What it sounds like, a texture that's designed to work with the full body tattoos feature of moomany's barebaremod that has cum on various parts of their body. Inspired by the cumface facepaint mod by Arcturus7777 seen above. It could be all over the breasts, just in the cleavage, running from the crotch down the thighs, on the ass, or several other combinations of these and others you can think of. 

-Making the Right Shoulder, Left Shoulder, Right Forearm, Left Forearm, Torso Gear, Thighs, and Shins slots all share the same combined item pool so you can use any item in any slot.

-Body Slider. This one is probably only wishful thinking on my part, seeing as no one's made a boob slider yet, but it would be nice if we could have different size and height bodies for our soldiers.

-Trap Mod. Making female faces available on male soldiers (and vice versa if you're into that). We can already give male soldiers female bodies thanks to Toxic Frog's Unrestricted Customization mod, so why can't we give them female faces too?

Thanks for reading. If I think of anything else then I might post more ideas in the future.

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.33.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.34.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.35.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.35.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.35.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.34.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.35.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.36.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.36.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 5.36.33 PM.png

OMG @ KHFreak calm down and Relax. To Push the Modders is the wrong Way. It's done when It's done, Be Patient.

@ n00bling Thank you very much for the Update, and also to be able for use in Vanilla and WOTC ?

3 minutes ago, UncleRuckus said:

So does that mean it works with the older version as well? Because that's what I have installed on my current playthrough.

no it does not work with its older version as it will override itself. I havent tested it but you should be able to just remove the old mod and replace it with this one as it uses the same lines for the old stuff.

Just go to your mod folder and cut the old mod and put it somewhere safe and then just put the new mod in there. Then just revert to the old if you cant load your campaign.

/cheers

27 minutes ago, Forgedsteel said:

n00bling Thank you very much for the Update, and also to be able for use in Vanilla and WOTC ?

just a small mistake on my part as the new version does not work without WOTC right now. Let me just change some stuff and ill post a none-WOTC version.

@forgedsteel

i  simply stated what i think yes i will wait for as long as i need to but pushing modders is not always wrong depends on the modder some take it as a Motivation and some as pressure so mind yourself if a modder feels pressured he/she will say so themself

@N00bling

Thanks for the update tested it already and the neck fixes are wonderful good job kudos to you. ?

8 hours ago, n00bling said:

just a small mistake on my part as the new version does not work without WOTC right now. Let me just change some stuff and ill post a none-WOTC version.

That explains everything, of course. My Vanilla Savegame Crashed yesterday ? Thanks for the note, and I will Wait for the Update for Vanilla, Thanks.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:32 PM, UncleRuckus said:

Hey all, this is my first time posting here. I'm not a modder, but I just thought I'd leave some ideas and inspiration for those of you who are modders, in case any of these ideas sound appealing to you as well.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of photobooth but it is really restrictive and could be improved in several ways:

-More poses, specifically more lewd ones. The facial expressions are mainly what I'm looking for but I'm sure there are several of you who would be interested in some more poses for your soldiers in the photobooth (i.e. stripper pole dance, lap dance, grinding, etc.).

-Removing the models' anchors so that you can move them around instead of just rotating them (specifically so I can make them do the nasty ;).

-More filters and effects, ideally ones that would facilitate lewd shots.

-More fonts and layouts, mainly just for more options period since the ones they give are either sub-par in the case of most layouts or too few in the case of the amount of fonts available.

I also had a few ideas for body mods pop into my head when I was customizing some of my soldiers, such as:

-Cum as Tattoos. What it sounds like, a texture that's designed to work with the full body tattoos feature of moomany's barebaremod that has cum on various parts of their body. Inspired by the cumface facepaint mod by Arcturus7777 seen above. It could be all over the breasts, just in the cleavage, running from the crotch down the thighs, on the ass, or several other combinations of these and others you can think of. 

-Making the Right Shoulder, Left Shoulder, Right Forearm, Left Forearm, Torso Gear, Thighs, and Shins slots all share the same combined item pool so you can use any item in any slot.

-Body Slider. This one is probably only wishful thinking on my part, seeing as no one's made a boob slider yet, but it would be nice if we could have different size and height bodies for our soldiers.

-Trap Mod. Making female faces available on male soldiers (and vice versa if you're into that). We can already give male soldiers female bodies thanks to Toxic Frog's Unrestricted Customization mod, so why can't we give them female faces too?

Thanks for reading. If I think of anything else then I might post more ideas in the future.

Damn I suggested this in the other Xcom Mod ( https://www.loverslab.com/topic/64634-xcom-2-mod-index/ ) It's seeming like Photobooth pose mods are actually impossible, none even exist on the steam workshop. and worst of all, NOBODY IS EXPLAINING WHY or even responding that much to such requests. DX

16 hours ago, Forgedsteel said:

That explains everything, of course. My Vanilla Savegame Crashed yesterday ? Thanks for the note, and I will Wait for the Update for Vanilla, Thanks.

Ok I got it fixed. Took 4 hours since apparently the vanilla XCOM and WoTC are just so damn different. Almost like two different games. So I had to rebuild the mod from scratch and even discard some of the new stuff. Now I have two versions: A vanilla version with most of the new stuff and the WoTC with everything.

Links are on my original post about the update.

6 hours ago, Wrex456 said:

New poses for the Photbooth are in the works by a couple of modder friends of mine. They're totally possible and doable, it's just that it requires a deeper understanding of how things work, and it's a bit complicated as it deals with animation sets. But we'll soon have some.

Sweet, keep me posted on where and when they make the poses available.

9 hours ago, n00bling said:

Ok I got it fixed. Took 4 hours since apparently the vanilla XCOM and WoTC are just so damn different. Almost like two different games. So I had to rebuild the mod from scratch and even discard some of the new stuff. Now I have two versions: A vanilla version with most of the new stuff and the WoTC with everything.

Links are on my original post about the update.

Nice, it works now for both correctly. Thank You very much for the effort and Update.