This Year's Model (Brainstorming a possible quest mod)

DocClox

Hook:

It's Fashion Week in Diamond City! All the best clothiers are in town, each with their own headliner model. Of particular note is the new girl, who some are describing as impossibly beautiful. In fact, there are whispers that she may not be human at all. Of course, such bitchy comments are commonplace in the fashion world, but in this case someone is paying hard caps to find out the truth of the matter.

Statutory Disclaimer:

As it says in the title, this is a brain dump and brainstorm, for a possible quest mod. I may never make it, so for now this is just a bit of fun. Spoliers follow, both for the F4 main quest, and for the lot of the mod - assuming it ever does get made. If you're happy with that, feel free to read on.

I need to find enough space for a catwalk, changing rooms and storage space for at least three separate clothiers. I don't think there's a good empty space in DC itself, so it might be easiest to use an adjacent building. Alternatively, I could host it in Goodneighbour.  If the tunnels leading from the Third Rail could be cleared out they'd provide enough space. Hiring the player to clear out whatever was living there might be a good intro to the story.

Principals:

I'm thinking three designer. A nice one, a nasty one and an all-ghoul outfit, just because. There's a general pool of models for the show, but each designer has his one headline house model. I need names - just so I have something to call them by, let's go through the alphabet:

Bad Guy:

Designer: Alfredo

Headliner: Beatriz

Nice Guy:

Designer: Clarence

Headliner: Dominique

Ghoul Guy:

Designer: Elouise

Headline: Florence

Alfredo used to be the undisputed king of Commonwealth fashion, but he's been off his game a little lately. Beatriz, his headline model is getting a little long in the tooth for the catwalk game as well, if truth be told.  She married Alfredo at the height of his powers, and now she'd be more than happy to settle down somewhere with the caps they've earned over the years. Alfredo however still dreams of regaining the top spot in the industry.

Clarence is the new kid. He's been designing for a year or two but no one paid him any attention until he turned up with Dominique as his headliner. Dominque is stunning, but other than that, not much is known about her. Clarence encourages her to keep quiet about her past and plays on the mystique.

Elouise has been in the industry since, well probably since before the Bombs fell. She's never really been top dog, but then she's never really gone away either. She's solid, dependable and she'd probably do a lot better if she didn't insist on a ghoul headliner. Florence has been with Elouise almost as long as Elouise has been designing. Between them, they've seen it all and done it all and are generally unflappable.

Notes:

I'm running short of time, so I'll jot a few unconnected scraps here and organise them later:

Alfredo is probably the one to hire the PC (or maybe he approaches Nick and Nick farms it out ("I'd do it myself, but I don't really have the hormones to properly appreciate it any more"). He's convinced that Dominique is a synth and will pay for proof. We can get a nice bit of byplay between him and his wife:

"No one looks like that. It's not natural. She's got to be a synth!"

"You say that about everyone, darling"

"Only those that are cleverer than me, or better looking"

"That's pretty much everyone"

There's going to be interest from the Institute and the Railroad. Dominique isn't on either of their books. The RR are worried she may be being exploited. The institute want to know if she is a synth and if so how she came to have such non-standard specifications, and they want her back. Both Institute and Railroad want to know how she escaped from the Institute in the first place.

There's a bit of fun to be had with the Institute sending a courser who finds himself wavering on the edge of falling in love with Dominique. The player can try and push him one way or the other, both providing ways to resolve the quest.

Of course, the big question is "is she, or isn't she?" I can see both ways working. Very briefly:

Option 1: She's a synth and doesn't know it. This one has Clarence as the one who found a misplaced Institute type 3 and found a way to get her working and customised. Needs some work to establish how Clarence was able to accomplish these very technical tasks.

Option 2: She's a synth and does know it. There's a grey market in sex synths in the underground. Dominique used to be one. Then she managed to seduce the right people to get a body remould and one-off access to the molecular relay. I like the grey market, the seduction aspect will take some

Option 2: She's not a synth, but believes she is. This makes Clarence the big bad guy, since he's using the threat of the Institute and/or factory reset codes to keep his pet supermodel in line. I like this one, but the co-incidence of near supernatural good looks coupled with a convenient mental disorder will take some managing. Some sort of brainwash & body sculpting facility in a ruin somewhere might work. (It might also play well with another mod I'd like to make...)

OK. I'll leave it there for now. I'll edit this into a bit more detail later. Feel free to comment, heckle or make suggestions :)

I can see this being an interesting quest line, I've stopped playing for now as most of my time is spent in these games on the side quests. (to this day I've only completed Fallout 3 to the end!) I would really like to see more such Investigation / mystery quests; discovery and curiosity are the biggest motivators after all.

This sounds interesting to me. That said, it would be OH so much MORE interesting once Sexout4 (or whatever it will be called) and a nice set of consensual sex animations is up and running. This storyline integrated with sexual solutions to some of the quests would be a nice synergy.

Not to mention I already have stiff nips (a girl-crush) on Dominique. :wub:

Just off the top of my head, the name "Beatriz" seems more ghoulish to me, and Alfredo's model should have a stripper name. Mine was Tiffany Skye, if that helps. :rolleyes:

I would really like to see more such Investigation / mystery quests; discovery and curiosity are the biggest motivators after all.

Yeah. There does seem to be a lack of side quest content. I'm not sure why - numerically they seem about the same as F3. I just don't recall running ouf things I wanted to do the way I do in F4.

Then again, when I started with F3, the modding community was already well established so it's possibly not a fair comparison.

This sounds like a very good idea, especially with the conflicts in DC and the views of the railroad.

Mmm... it would be nice to be a bit more involved in the "intelligence" side of things. All the factions imply there's some sort of information gathering network in place, but apart from Underground Undercover, you rarely see it in action. It could be fun to see them all sticking their oar in over something relatively trivial.

This sounds interesting to me. That said, it would be OH so much MORE interesting once Sexout4 (or whatever it will be called) and a nice set of consensual sex animations is up and running. This storyline integrated with sexual solutions to some of the quests would be a nice synergy.

Definitely. I'm just trying to get the cast and a rough plot outline worked out at the moment, but there will definitely be various degrees of naughtiness involved. Sexual solutions... Hmmm, seduction, blackmail, possible honeytraps, maybe some inadvertent voyeurism trying to gather information ... This is in danger of turning into the Young Mephalians mod I was considering for Skyrim. Not that that's a bad thing...

I think I'll just sit here for a moment and savour the mental images that evokes... :angel:

Right, yes! Where was I? It occurs to me that one of the challenges of this mod is going to be making a face and body worthy of all the fuss. It would be terrible to have all this hype for the poor girl if she didn't live up to it. Still, plenty of time to worry about that, I suppose.

Just off the top of my head, the name "Beatriz" seems more ghoulish to me, and Alfredo's model should have a stripper name. Mine was Tiffany Skye, if that helps. :rolleyes:

Good points. The names are provisional at the moment. I didn't have a lot of inspiration, so I just went down the alphabet. But, yeah, Beatriz does seem ghoulish, and I like the idea of a stripper name. I wonder if I can think of something that puns "heat" in the sense of radiation. Although I might use that for the ghoul model.

Good ideas, thanks :)

Definitely. I'm just trying to get the cast and a rough plot outline worked out at the moment, but there will definitely be various degrees of naughtiness involved. Sexual solutions... Hmmm, seduction, blackmail, possible honeytraps, maybe some inadvertent voyeurism trying to gather information ... This is in danger of turning into the Young

Mephalians mod I was considering for Skyrim. Not that that's a bad thing...

*Notices that she is getting moist thinking about Young Mephalians and starts touching herself idly as she reads*

I think I'll just sit here for a moment and savour the mental images that evokes... :angel:

Right, yes! Where was I? It occurs to me that one of the challenges of this mod is going to be making a face and body worthy of all the fuss. It would be terrible to have all this hype for the poor girl if she didn't live up to it. Still, plenty of time to worry about that, I suppose.

Ooh! You like girly girls? Allow me to tease and inspire you a bit more, then...

Perhaps, you prefer your girly girls on a pole? Come join me in a short college flashback...

Ah, but you're making a story-based mod. Well, here's a 2-part story you might enjoy...

Warning: Involves descriptions of a "Family with Benefits."

But, I digress.  There are already some gorgeous ladies and a fully-slidered CBBE body and outfits on the Nexus for FO4. Once the CK hits, we will probably have dozens more beautiful, sexy faces to choose from. I'm betting you could get permission to use one that you like in your mod instead of having to start from scratch.

Good points. The names are provisional at the moment. I didn't have a lot of inspiration, so I just went down the alphabet. But, yeah, Beatriz does seem ghoulish, and I like the idea of a stripper name. I wonder if I can think of something that puns "heat" in the sense of radiation. Although I might use that for the ghoul model.

Good ideas, thanks :)

Heat? Hot names? Hot stripper names? Hot, sex-suggestive stripper names?

Diabolica Inferno. Dominique Aureola. Smoky LaFlamme. Veronica del Fuego. Volcanica Lavalabia. Slooti Voluptua. Pulchritudina Della Vulva.  :D

My personal all-time favorite is Appassionata von Climax, but that came from an old comic strip, Broadway production and movie called 'Li'l Abner' and may be copyrighted. Here's her description summary from the wiki:

"Appassionata Von Climax: One of a series of predatory, sexually aggressive sirens who pursued Li'l Abner prior to his marriage, and even afterwards..."

Sounds like she's just the slut you envisioned for Dominique's character! Also, she's been my idol  :heart: since I discovered her at age 12- I wanted to, and did, grow up to be just like her. So I may be biased... :P

There are many more fiery names here. My two faves are Serafina and Topaz.

Yeah. There does seem to be a lack of side quest content. I'm not sure why - numerically they seem about the same as F3. I just don't recall running ouf things I wanted to do the way I do in F4.

You too? I think we are running out of stuff to do because much of the "adventuring" is missing in FO4, due to the addition of time-consuming settlement building (if I wanted to play Minecraft, I'd play Minecraft!) and, as you pointed out, the lack of sex mods.

*starts touching herself more vigorously thinking about her Skyrim sex mods and her 'family with benefits'* :wub:

Well, ttyl, gotta go now. Something just came up.

I definitely need to think about the names a bit more. To say nothing of making some time to review the inspirational material ;)

Maybe I missed it somehow, but I think it would be neat to give an option for a female PC to be the model in question.

Mmmm...

The player as a possible synth has problems. Not the least being that a lot of players will have fairly solid ideas about whether their toon is or isn't, and me revealing them to be anything other than that may not be universally appreciated. It also needs a bit better acquaintance with the fashion world than I can really claim. As an outsider looking in I can get away with a few cliches, a bit of hand waving and keeping things moving fast enough that you don't stop to examine the details too carefully. As an insider .. I'm not sure what a catwalk model does all day that would be interesting to roleplay.

A better option would be working for another designer, either as a front set up to infiltrate the event, or maybe as as "OMG! My top model just sprained her ankle and I need someone to go on in five minutes! Can you help me out? All you have to do is walk slowly and look haughty..." which would get the player the experience of doing the walk without the baggage that comes with it.

Mainly though, I'm worried about multiplying complications. There are already a lot of possible interactions between interested factions, different designers and the like.  I'd worry that I'd end up writing the same mod twice over: once from the POV of a player model and again as a player investigator.

Archived