i wouold recommend probaly like the other guy load up as usual grab a house and ride around skyrim for 2 hours. probaly good to visit every city run thru them and if after 2 hours your count looks good( also probaly good to have saves every 10min t ocompare)

i would rather spend 2 hours testing than to spend 20+ and fail.

This is fantastic advice. I'll go add it to my string spreadsheet actually.

i wouold recommend probaly like the other guy load up as usual grab a house and ride around skyrim for 2 hours. probaly good to visit every city run thru them and if after 2 hours your count looks good( also probaly good to have saves every 10min t ocompare)

i would rather spend 2 hours testing than to spend 20+ and fail.

This is fantastic advice. I'll go add it to my string spreadsheet actually.

fine with me just make sure to fix my spelling errors :P . the things u do when sleepy. i did the test like that as most mods u are interacting with npc so why avoid the  towns if u doing a test then. since i saw even some tint map data in my save file strings(no idea from what mod) there may be things even from stock npc that gets saved perm.

here my finding so far.

56k+ string game test 2  times both ttimes got around 20-30 hours. this is very mod depended seems like mods like slaverun are bad for strings it seems. the strings spiked by 1k just from doing stuff in whiterun thats why i think it was slaverun causeing that spike of stripping npc and saveing that data in the save.

61kstring start. first unloadable hit around 2 hours but was random. by 6th hour every saved was unloadable.

right now im putting together a 50k string at start save to test. once i tweeak it we probaly have a good range idea to use.

i also got a question. on another forum a guy asked if reseting havok, removeing FF00 sccript instances and cleaning formlists will help cut out some string cost on the next save. i did a quick test nothing fancy just start new game, do up mcm and saved. did all of the above to clean it then loaded it back up andd saved. dont know if it is mod dependent but it did drop by exactly  11 strings. just starting a new game created 90 havok moved forms and 2 script instances to be removed(probally depends on mods)

question of my own is it possible for us to design a save mod that when it saves it move some of the data out of the save into jcontainers and such. we would probaly if we could have to find each string that is safe to be moved.

question of my own is it possible for us to design a save mod that when it saves it move some of the data out of the save into jcontainers and such. we would probaly if we could have to find each string that is safe to be moved.

A save mod wouldn't help, this is a pretty fundamental flaw in the Skyrim engine. It requires a patch.

Morrowind actually had lots of patches to fix stuff like this; there's even an auto-patcher that applies them all (there a dozens). All it takes is someone with a good disassembler and some knowledge of the structure of executables. The kind of people who write cracks for games, or the who make SKSE, or the guy making the Crash Fixes SKSE plugin. Unfortunately people like that aren't super common.

i also got a question. on another forum a guy asked if reseting havok, removeing FF00 sccript instances and cleaning formlists will help cut out some string cost on the next save. i did a quick test nothing fancy just start new game, do up mcm and saved. did all of the above to clean it then loaded it back up andd saved. dont know if it is mod dependent but it did drop by exactly  11 strings. just starting a new game created 90 havok moved forms and 2 script instances to be removed(probally depends on mods)

Right now there is anecdotal evidence that suggest string count can vary by at least +/-80 at any given moment. Someone who made saves in quick succession and checked each one found pretty significant variation between them, so we currently have no way of knowing if the decrease you saw was an actual decrease or random variation. 

I expect that this string issue will eventually be solved, its just that the skse people are involved in Fallout 4 right now. I'm sure they won't leave us all hanging, their amazingly talented and wonderful people, they've just got their minds and hand full of other things right now.

Right now there is anecdotal evidence that suggest string count can vary by at least +/-80 at any given moment. Someone who made saves in quick succession and checked each one found pretty significant variation between them, so we currently have no way of knowing if the decrease you saw was an actual decrease or random variation. 

It varies for the simple reason that when a script instance gets garbage collected, some of its strings get garbage collected -- if no other script instance has a reference to them. Many script instances last forever though, so the overall trend is for the string table to grow.

That's my belief anyway, based on two decades of programming experience.

I expect that this string issue will eventually be solved, its just that the skse people are involved in Fallout 4 right now. I'm sure they won't leave us all hanging, their amazingly talented and wonderful people, they've just got their minds and hand full of other things right now.

Love your optimism. That's not sarcasm, I smiled out loud when I read it. :-)

Love your optimism. That's not sarcasm, I smiled out loud when I read it. :-)

Dawe, your making me blush!  :blush:   Maybe its naivete but I really have found that the skyrim community has a lot of wonderfully talented and genuinely good people. Maybe not so much the 'transient' modders (people who download without reading descriptions, never leave comments etc) but the people who stick around usually mean well (with some rare exceptions). Also the fact that the people behind skse have donated literally thousands of their hours so that we can all install and use mods which wouldn't be possible without them tells me that they are some pretty cool people.

starting my 50k string play. its just shy of 51k strings at start with all mcm messed with and sexlab animations started. since alreasdy did 56k and 61k tests.

ill try to remember to make a named save after every hour to see how strings are if i remember :cool: im using that sexlab patch on here also to lower strings of sexlab didnt have any problem with other tests with it installed.

1. after mcm finish loading 48,696

2.after Milk Mod econmy installed (have to install after start so it dont hang on startup )  49,156 (looks like 600ish strings for milk mod ecnonmy)

3.after mcm adjusted for all mods and sexlab started and animations ran.  50,384

now to play and see how it goes. im useing this  so dont have to worry about the skyrim saving system randomly crasheing my game when it saves and has a nice timed save and auto renames saves for saves about whree u are

Just my two cents.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
hdtHighHeel.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
EFFCore.esm
Heels Sound.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Gray Fox Cowl.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
notice board.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
UIExtensions.esp
FISS.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
XPMSE.esp
JaxonzMCMKicker.esp
SkyUI.esp
SkyTweak.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
FNIS.esp
Extended UI.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
SexLab_Solutions.esp
AnotherSortingMod-2016.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Immersive Jewelry.esp
Rebirth Monster.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
High Level Enemies.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermyst.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
Faster Spells Triple Speed.esp
double novice spell range.esp
Improved Artifacts - Complete Collection.esp
DBM_ASM-2016.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
HDT Havok Object.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
SOTGenesisMod.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
SkyrimsUniqueTreasures.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp
Wyrmstooth - Craftable Sets.esp
Wyrmstooth - Realistic Ownership.esp
Wyrmstooth - Notice Board - New Armor Sets - RO Comp.esp
notice board - dragonborn patch.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
DBM_MoreInterestingLoot_Patch.esp
TradeBarter.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
WindstadMine.esp
buildablehouse.esp
DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp
sr_FillHerUp.esp
konahrik_accoutrements.esp
Wyrmstooth - Landmarks.esp
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
ssapbwk.esp
Rebirth Monster - USLEEP Patch.esp
Shitty Bikini Armors.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
BadGremlinsJarHunt.esp
TheMadMasker.esp
DBM_MadMasker_Patch.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
TGenhanced.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
JiubQuestMarkers.esp
Dismiss Summons.esp
SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
DragonFire.esp
DragonFire-Dragonborn.esp
DragonFire - Improved Dragon Shouts Compatibility.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch.esp
Eyes of Aber.esp
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Weapons & Armor_FasterArrows.esp
VioLens.esp
AddItemMenu.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
ImmediateDragons.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragonrend Shout.esp
Infinite Gold For Merchants.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
SkyCompleteLegendary.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Purewaters.esp
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
Luxury Collection.esp
MehrunesRazorHigherKillChance.esp
more plants all extra.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
No More Glowing Edges.esp
NusbieVoices.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
SexLabLeveling.esp
GagSFX.esp
SexLab_PaySexCrime.esp
SexLabTools.esp
Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp
Rebirth Monster - High Level Enemies Patch.esp
CustomStuff101.esp
Rebirth Monster - EEO Patch.esp
TrissArmorRetextured.esp
Rebirth Monster - Immersive Weapons Patch.esp
TheCoenaculiCBBE.esp
RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - CBBE.esp
LUSH Gear SexyWaif Set.esp
Grimy Utilities Interface.esp
JaxonzArcheryUtil.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Phenderix's Magic Evolved No Perks.esp
konahrik_accoutrements_db.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
BGtheCapturedFairies.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
BGtrophyHeads.esp
BGsomethingFishy.esp
EnemyEnhancer.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
MergedPackNumeroUno.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
Imaginator BETA.esp
LoversComfort.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PerMaPatch.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
WetFunction.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
The Ordinary Women.esp
TCoW Improvement.esp
Men of Winter.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
Apocalypse - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
PerMaDefluffedPerkDescriptions.esp
IJPerkusWintermystPatch.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp
Unique Item Improvement.esp
DBM_WAFR Patch.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Unique Item Improvement_PatchAll.esp
Weapons & Armor_DragonPriestMasks.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone_PerMa Patch.esp
Pre PaMa Improved Artifacts.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
PerMaExtendedPerkDescriptions.esp
Perma Defluff + Apocalypse.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
ASM - Perkus Maximus.esp
High Level Enemies - Raised Ability Caps.esp
PerMa_USLEEP master patch.esp
Serana.esp
Valerica.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
PerkusMaximus_SimplyKnock.esp
SexLab_SOS-Stapon.esp
EnhancedEbonyBlade.esp
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
TDF_AP_IndHookersPlug_In.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp
Mortal Enemies.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SexLabMassMatchMaker.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
Succubus Heart.esp
Falskaar - Notice Board.esp
Wyrmstooth - Dragon Lore - Deadly Dragons.esp
Wyrmstooth - Typo Fix.esp
Wyrmstooth - Follower Tweaks.esp
Wyrmstooth - Quest Tweaks.esp
Wyrmstooth - Radiant Encounter Tweaks.esp
DBM_ESFCompanions_Patch.esp
DBM_UII_Patch.esp
DBM_ImmersiveJewelry_Addon.esp
DovahBlingJewelryReplacer.esp
DBM_CCOR_patch.esp
AK_RM_PubicStyles_All_In_One.esp
Toccata as Elisif.esp
Scent of Sex.esp
The Manipulator.esp
FreckleMania.esp
RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp
NoButchWalk.esp

No mods were installed/uninstalled completely after starting the save. Only mod that was updated 2 times in total is "The Manipulator".

54 hour 44 minutes save, level 92, visited all cities in skyrim(not solstheim), done alot of radiant quests and around half of Amorous Adventures quests.

The whole time string count floated at around 59k, +/- ~100. Never saw it go above 60k. Can't remember exactly how many there were at the start, but it was around 56k i think.

Hope this helps.

I tried to do a basic conversion of my sexlab animation string patch to use Ashal's StorageUtil instead of JContainers, but it's a significantly harder task than I expected. While JContainers was a simple swap, StorageUtil really needed to have been used from the ground up.

Based on the amount of testing and debugging that using StorageUtil would require, I'll leave that particular job to the SexlabFramework developers (assuming they want to make the swap at all).

In the meantime, the JContainers version of the patch seems to mostly work fine except for an unfixable problem with the sslBaseObject class. So this new version just leaves out the patched version of sslBaseObject, which didn't actually save that many strings anyway. And if you're interested, the reason it's unfixable is that other scripts access the particular string[] reference that I was trying to put into a JContainer. Since they need to be able to access it directly, it can't be eliminated.

Anyway... what's next? What important mods should I take a look at for patching?

Sexlab v161b animation slots patch 2016-04-07.7z

@markdf if u realy realy want something to patch then why dontt patch skyui so thata it saves mcm into jcontainers or even FISS instead of the save ;) 

if u want to make patches best thing to do is choose the popular ones u use yourself or want to use. devious devious and slaverrun are a good target as seems like with slaver run and all dpendences u looking at aroound +2-3k strings.

@mrgrounding that sounds about right with what i said about 56k string start is possible to get around 20-30hours before chance of it pop up for unloadable saves. jusst remember its always mod dependent also. just going to city adds threads. from your test its looking more and more like 50k is ideal target for a long pllay save.

Ok, I'm a dumb person. But the original patch has been working fine for me since it was uploaded. (i.e. I did the whole install that, remove 3DNPC/Captured Dreams/Moon over wotsit and got my post MCM config down to 53K with 337 sexlab animations, rather than 62K with them installed(*). Really unhappy at removing 3DNPC but really everything runs smoother now regardless. And no I don't want to get rid of sex mods - it makes an economy). Anyway, so I suspect I might be missing something, what specifically does the original patch, provided in this thread, not deal with?

(*) Yes I have a bucket load of other stuff which will never be removed from my dead fingers.

Ok, I'm a dumb person. But the original patch has been working fine for me since it was uploaded. (i.e. I did the whole install that, remove 3DNPC/Captured Dreams/Moon over wotsit and got my post MCM config down to 53K with 337 sexlab animations, rather than 62K with them installed(*). Really unhappy at removing 3DNPC but really everything runs smoother now regardless. And no I don't want to get rid of sex mods - it makes an economy). Anyway, so I suspect I might be missing something, what specifically does the original patch, provided in this thread, not deal with?

(*) Yes I have a bucket load of other stuff which will never be removed from my dead fingers.

The original file included three patched files:

• sslBaseAnimation (three string arrays turned into JArrays)
  • sslBaseObject (one string array turned into a JArray)
  • sslAnimationSlots (one huge string array turned into a JArray)

The issue is that the string array in sslBaseObject can be accessed directly by other scripts; I assumed that was just for convenience, but I recently found out that some of those scripts make changes to the array. In my patch, those changes don't get applied to the sslBaseObject at all.

That array holds the tags on a sexlab object. In other words, the tags on animations (and voices, facial expressions, etc) weren't guaranteed to work the way Ashal intended.

Anyway... what's next? What important mods should I take a look at for patching?

I would love you forever if you somehow managed to patch Legacy of the Dragonborn. It is such a heavy hitter, and I refuse to drop it. But I'll of course understand if your preference goes to patching LL mods before anything else.

I would love you forever if you somehow managed to patch Legacy of the Dragonborn. It is such a heavy hitter, and I refuse to drop it. But I'll of course understand if your preference goes to patching LL mods before anything else.

Quest mods like that are the LEAST feasible mods to patch, because they are spread out over hundreds of different scripts. My thinking is that we should reduce the string counts of functionality mods (like Sexlab) in order to make the space needed by hard-to-fix quest mods.

Im didn't do any long testing, but I think you could reduce the String count a large bit,

by patching SoS, XPMSE and Zaz Animations.

Immersive Armors and Complete Crafting Overhaul also use a large amount of strings, due to the MCM menus.

One question:

Did anyone notice a size increase of ,skse files in the savegames, after using the patch?

Mine have a size of 195 MB. 

So maybe i messed something up, when I installed it.

Quest mods like that are the LEAST feasible mods to patch, because they are spread out over hundreds of different scripts. My thinking is that we should reduce the string counts of functionality mods (like Sexlab) in order to make the space needed by hard-to-fix quest mods.

Ah that makes sense. Well then carry on with what your doing since its honestly amazing. I seriously can't thank you enough. You are  :heart: .

Sorry for the double post but I've updated the Spreadsheet I made. Its no longer at its original location, but instead at the first like I provided which includes links to all the forum threads discussing this issue as well as other speadsheets. I have set it up so that by using the Outline feature in google docs people can easily located various categories and compare and contrast the string counts of mods of similar types. The previous spreadsheet has been locked and anyone who wants to add in new data should do so on the Google Doc.

jeezu ya gotta be kiddin me. i just started getting this problem. i think it may be my last straw. been messing w/ skyrim since the beginning, and this may do me in.

would like to try and salvage the playthrough i'm in. a terrible idea to start yanking MCM mods and script heavy mods mid-game i'm sure. i wonder if it might not be too terribly detrimental to use Tesedit to remove just the MCM menus of a few mods? don't think that would screw things up as much as removing the whole mod? i definitely have a few mods that don't even need the MCM

jeezu ya gotta be kiddin me. i just started getting this problem. i think it may be my last straw. been messing w/ skyrim since the beginning, and this may do me in.

would like to try and salvage the playthrough i'm in. a terrible idea to start yanking MCM mods and script heavy mods mid-game i'm sure. i wonder if it might not be too terribly detrimental to use Tesedit to remove just the MCM menus of a few mods? don't think that would screw things up as much as removing the whole mod? i definitely have a few mods that don't even need the MCM

If you do ID any mods you think you can do without, use empty esp and/or esm files in their places to keep all the other mods in the same load order position so their baseID's don't change.  It has done me well so far.

Archived