CISPA passed the house.

justwannaddl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Intelligence_Sharing_and_Protection_Act

Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120426/14505718671/insanity-cispa-just-got-way-worse-then-passed-rushed-vote.shtml"

Insanity: CISPA Just Got Way Worse, And Then Passed On Rushed Vote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47197581/ns/local_news-clarksburg_wv

House Roll Call: Cybersecurity

AKA- Who and who not to run out of office the next time they run for reelection.

Normally I am content to lurk but reading the news today pissed me off so I felt like ranting everywhere I could.

For those who don't know what CISPA is, it is basically a bill that gives corporations a free pass to share private info with each other and the US government.

Originally it was limited to "cybersecurity" or "national security" purposes which was already vague enough to mean nearly anything. It also had SOPA like provisions about intellectual property until protesters began rallying. Now it also includes "investigation and prosecution of cybersecurity crime, protection of individuals, and protection of children."

Unlike SOPA and PIPA, it is supported my tech companies including but not limited to Verizon, AT&T and Facebook as this protects them from prosecution if they were to give away private user information as long as it meets the vague criteria. Privacy advocates are against this as it circumvents state and federal privacy laws.

Originally planned for a vote tomorrow, it has instead been rushed past the house in an effort to avoid mounting criticism.

Hopefully this crap will never get past the Senate or the White House.

edit: Sorry about the misleading title. Was writing this while half asleep yesterday night. I'm still half asleep. Just edited it.

Sorry about the misleading title. Was half asleep when I wrote this last night night. Still kinda fatigued. Changed it just now to be more accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012#Controversy_over_indefinite_detention

He promised to veto the 2012 NDAA because it crapped over due process also but failed to follow through so I do not have much faith in his promise to veto CISPA if it makes it to his table.

There are times when I just don't want to live on this gay earth anymore.

United States isn't what it used to be, that's for sure. Corruption is just rampant in the government. Doesn't matter what the people say or vote for anymore. Politicians twist things around and polish them to make what they're doing look good, and people just cheer and clap as they take our freedoms away, one by one.

I really hope it doesn't come to this, but I think a civil war is what is needed to put an end to the corruption. Some people just HAVE to die, sadly.

United States isn't what it used to be' date=' that's for sure. Corruption is just rampant in the government. Doesn't matter what the people say or vote for anymore. Politicians twist things around and polish them to make what they're doing look good, and people just cheer and clap as they take our freedoms away, one by one.

I really hope it doesn't come to this, but I think a civil war is what is needed to put an end to the corruption. Some people just HAVE to die, sadly.

[/quote']

While I agree for the most part I would have to disagree on killing them. Strip away their wealth and exile them to somewhere in africa would be far more humiliating!

bring them all to the Maiden

vive la revolution

politicians;

lowest life form on planet

even a rapist, mass murderers, pushers, child killers, are much more worthy...

also, there it's new proverb in my country.

"What it's good for politicians, it's not good for the people"

and again i must to quote ol' Benny:

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."

Politicians are like Slinkies...They're only fun when you push them down a flight of stairs.

As for El Bomba Obama, sadly many of the polls throughout the states in the US show marginal to modest support for the other presidential candidates, while Obama's re-election has come up as favorable. When he vetoes CISPA, the act might give him more clout for his campaign.

Think I'll early retire to a nice, peacefully small country with no expansive political system. So long as it has freedom of choice and expression in surfing/posting on the net.

(And have a well set up redhead living next door, who needs repairs done on her Sybian....frequently...:D)

United States isn't what it used to be' date=' that's for sure. Corruption is just rampant in the government. Doesn't matter what the people say or vote for anymore. Politicians twist things around and polish them to make what they're doing look good, and people just cheer and clap as they take our freedoms away, one by one.

[/quote']

Nay, it's not just politicians or government that is corrupt. It's more the other way around. The people are corrupt, thus their systems are showing the corruption.

More war and death can be seen as a solution, I suppose. But so is suicide. Not really a solution.

bring them all to the Maiden

vive la revolution

politicians;

lowest life form on planet

even a rapist' date=' mass murderers, pushers, child killers, are much more worthy...

also, there it's new proverb in my country.

"What it's good for politicians, it's not good for the people"

and again i must to quote ol' Benny:

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."

[/quote']

That's all warped.

No, corporatism is not the merging of state and corporate power. That's like calling a P&J sandwich just a peanut sandwich, ignoring the jelly. So, no, fascism works better as a description of the combo.

You really believe political leaders are worse than rapists and murderers? Worse? And all of them? What about Ron Paul? What's so much worse than raping and murdering, anyway?

If say Obama ordering some more pillaging, are the pillagers guilt free while only Obama is guilty and is guilty of a crime worse than pillaging?

Guest Gandalf
Nay, it's not just politicians or government that is corrupt. It's more the other way around. The people are corrupt, thus their systems are showing the corruption.

No offense but you're saying the same thing he's saying.Politicians are people and governments are made up of people.

IMHO What we're seeing are the symptoms of archaic governmental systems breaking down and the struggle to find a fix by pandering to interest groups that already possess a substantial amount of control over their members.It's all about power and control and individual rights be damned.

In reality,imo,what is needed is a new system of governing,a world wide system of governing.I believe it will happen but not in my lifetime or,most likely the lifetime of all those alive today.

Humanity is so fractured and divided yet we're able to communicate with one another in a way no one would have believed possible just 25 or 30 years ago.There are no boundaries here why should our government be any different?

Most of the world is in crisis today and it's ridicules to be spending time and money on the takeover of the internet and it wouldn't be happening if there wasn't an expected return.

Change is inevitable but if that change doesn't include better conditions for all,trouble is coming.

[/quote']

Nay' date=' it's not just politicians or government that is corrupt. It's more the other way around. The people are corrupt, thus their systems are showing the corruption.

[/quote']

No offense but you're saying the same thing he's saying.Politicians are people and governments are made up of people.

Why no offense? Getting soft?

I included the full text above in this reply so you can see more clearly that we're touching on different sentiments. My response was to attack and include "the people" as equally corrupt, but you didn't see the need?

IMHO What we're seeing are the symptoms of archaic governmental systems breaking down and the struggle to find a fix by pandering to interest groups that already possess a substantial amount of control over their members.It's all about power and control and individual rights be damned.

So the usual.

In reality' date='imo,what is needed is a new system of governing,a world wide system of governing.I believe it will happen but not in my lifetime or,most likely the lifetime of all those alive today.

[/quote']

Utopia? Do you believe in something like a perfect form of government? Do you believe an immortal civilization might rise and not fall while drinking from this ideal governmental fountain of youth? What form would it take? I can't even think of a novel form that has not already been tried countless times throughout history.

Humanity is so fractured and divided yet we're able to communicate with one another in a way no one would have believed possible just 25 or 30 years ago.There are no boundaries here why should our government be any different?

We do like our boundaries though. You probably have a firewall for your internet and a locking front door to your home.

Most of the world is in crisis today and it's ridicules to be spending time and money on the takeover of the internet and it wouldn't be happening if there wasn't an expected return.

Change is inevitable but if that change doesn't include better conditions for all' date='trouble is coming.

[/quote']

Better conditions for all??? Then trouble is coming. Well, it's been here, is here now, and will keep coming. Long, healthy, happy lives for everyone was never in the cards.

Guest Gandalf
Why no offense? Getting soft?

I included the full text above in this reply so you can see more clearly that we're touching on different sentiments. My response was to attack and include "the people" as equally corrupt, but you didn't see the need?

First of all your getting soft comment was unnecessary,i was trying to be respectful,however the statement you made was a stupid one.

That better?

Utopia? Do you believe in something like a perfect form of government? Do you believe an immortal civilization might rise and not fall while drinking from this ideal governmental fountain of youth? What form would it take? I can't even think of a novel form that has not already been tried countless times throughout history.

Evolution is active in every aspect of society around the world,that you're unable to get that is understandable.

Humanity has come a long way from the first stone tool and we are continuing to evolve at an ever increasing pace.Crisis is the signpost of change and change is inevitable.

I'm not talking about ideals and drinking from a governmental fountain of youth is just another of your poorly thought out metaphors.I don't get why i waste my time talking to you.

We do like our boundaries though. You probably have a firewall for your internet and a locking front door to your home.

Again you're clueless.

Change is inevitable but if that change doesn't include better conditions for all' date='trouble is coming.

[/quote']

Better conditions for all??? Then trouble is coming. Well, it's been here, is here now, and will keep coming. Long, healthy, happy lives for everyone was never in the cards.

I don't know if you're drunk when you post or what but there's something wrong with your ability to reason.I'm finished talking to you.

"Finished talking to you"? Does that mean I get the last word?

Well, next time, you could just NOT start in on me, that would work. Though I wouldn't want to discourage you. I'll even end with advice on doing so. Next time, don't act like such a grumpy old dog who is anti-playful banter. Maybe drop your old dogma of sniffing for poop that isn't there, too.

first of all nice to "meet" you, its my first post after lurking a few days (and I only came looking for skyrim mods >.<)

then, as this topic seems to be turning to a political debate, and on possibilities:

I believe, as gandalf said, that a new sistem is an imperative need, worldwide, but, it has to come little by little (a country at a time or even more slowly)

first thing I would do would be to place a betoing on the USA(and any other country) from declaring any wars, if they are attacked by someone, another country from the Organization of united nations would take action(anyone but USA), so self attacking and blaming others to get their resources would be prevented(its a common talk in many places that the USA actually staged 9/11 just to get to the resources in the country where Osama Bin Laden was, this should help prevent it)

and I have been thinking many more things, but as an introduction, this should do

(im trying to suggest possible solutions instead of critisizing without any suggestion, meaning, Im trying to direct this towar possitive criticism instead of useless barking and blaming and all that too common stuff)

may come back later to see if I get any responce and maybe share some of my other ideas, or may not, as im going out now

Archived